Apprentice Games (Open, Starting)

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:41 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Rallegor
Mood: Irritated
Side of heart active: Dark

I was tired of searching for the person who was igniting the shoes, so I made my way towards the exit. On the way, another zombie of mine approached me with a key. I took it, thinking what the heck? Mabye it will help me. I morphed him into one of the panthers, and got to the exit, only to find someone being threatened by someone else. the one threatening wanted a key. What my luck.
"Hey!" I called to the threatener. "Want a key? How about an alliance to go with it?"
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:13 pm
Redfang18 says...

Artemis Darkrai

Something told me I was in for a terrible surprise, so I started tossing random potions carelessly over my shoulder. After a while, I dug around for another key. This time the key was guarded by a plant spirit, but that was no problem. Storing the second key in my pockets, I set out for a third. The carriage of undead looked easy, but I knew from experience that it wasn't going to be easy at all. Dodging the zombies left and right in a sneaky motion, I went to one who had a key- my last and final key. I turned around and set the zombie on fire, burning it to ashes. I took the key and ran away laughing like crazy. I said in singsong, "I got the keys. I got the keys. I got the keys."
Someone yelled, "Come back with my key, you little thief."
I grinned slyly and said, "Too late. My key now." I made three rings around groups to slow them down. Laughing darkly, I went to look for the door. The prize is mine now and I wasn't going to let anyone take it from me.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

34 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Rallegor
Mood: Highly Irritated

I saw the shoe-lighter-on-fire-person approaching.He had killed one of my Zombies, and my golem. I was very annoyed. I then thought of something. I melded the zombie carrige and the panthers together, then pushed the bone to one side and made a wall, the bone facing towards the fire wielder. Then I added giant bone - spikes and sent them flying at him, lighting them on fire as they flew. The Fire wielder evaded them, so I turned them around and erupted a wall of flame to join as a semicircle with my bone wall. The person was trapped, the oxygen slowly decreasing inside, yet slowly increasing at the same time from the gap at the top. that was not fixable, so I tuned the fire into lava, which hardened so that the guy was trapped in shadow. Right where I wanted him. I opened a gap in my wall, walked through, and closed it. My own little battlefield was created, and no one else was getting through until my battle had ended.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

32 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:26 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Spoiler! :
*Of course, you realize this means war.*

Artemis Darkrai

I clentched my fists. I knew I was having some competition, but I wasn't going to let some jerk take the prize from me. I threw potion after potion at random, since I couldn't see in the dark. I growled, "Let me out of here. I won't let you take away what I've worked for."
The person who built this battlefield said, "You're not leaving until I get my key back."
I decided to declare war. Closing my eyes, I surrounded myself with five rings of fire and increased the flame with a potion that turned the fire white. I kept my eyes closed to prevent blindness. I need my eyesight if I wanted to find the door and claim my prize.

~~~Les Miserables

34 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:31 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Rallegor
Mood: Angry

The Fire wielder had summoned rings of fire surrounding him. I clapped my hands, then used the shadows to my advantage. i had them lift me up and behind him so that he couldnt hear me. without sight, hearing, or the ability to detect where I was, i had the upper hand. I threw a shadow dart, which hit his stash of potions. the liquids dripped from his pouch. I quickly floated away from my previous spot.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:53 am
icebender28 says...

John:

Zera had given me a strange look and then began walking. We had walked for a long time, until what we were looking for came into veiw.
"Look! The door!" I shouted. I began to run towards it, so sick of walking with such a downer. Zera stuck out her hand. I couldn't stop myself from running into it with my momentum, and was soon on the ground, my face in serious pain. i pulled my hand back, and saw blood. I felt my nose. It was crooked.
"You broke my-"
"Shhh!" She shushed me. I looked the way she was looking.
"What?"
"You idiot. You can't go running for the exit! There's porbably somebody already there." Zera whispered.
I smacked myself in my forehead. I was an idiot! I got up silently and slowly began to walk towards the exit and peeked around the corner.
There was a man standing there, looking the opposite direction of us at...something very disturbing. So much in fact, that i nearly lost my breakfast. I leaned back and took several very deep breaths. Once my stomach was calm, I leaned back around. The man still wasn't looking our way, so I slowly began to creep forward. Zera looked around and slowly followed.
We walked very slowly. The door was almost in reach when...
"OWW!" I shouted. The man turned around and glared at us, then smiled at the key I was holding my hand. "oops" I said.
The man began to run towards us, and we began to run towards the door.
He began throwing what seemed like nothing at us that rustled the leave on a nearby tree. We reached the door and I put the key in as fast as possible and turned. i heard a click and dodged another wind-ball.
I burst throught the door and reached behind to pull in Zera. She shut the door behind her, and then the door was gone.
"What just happened to the door?" I ask, out of breath.
"It must disappear once a key passes through it." Zera answered. She seemed just as out of breath as I was.
"So why did it let you through too?"
"Because i had a key."
I looked around where we were. We still were outside, but we were back in a town. The only people there were a few people who had come through other doors and a medical tent where they were being treated by nurses.
"Man, I didn't think we traveled all the way to the next town." I said outloud. i looked back to Zera. "Are you okay?"
She wasn't.
I saw her carressing what seemed like a burn going up her arm a good ten inches.
"Holy cow! Holy cow!" I shouted I rushed over to her and looked at it. "Holy cow! What happened?"
"i think some of that air the guy was throwing at me was going so fast-" She sucked ina breath.
"Sorry."
"Was going so fast it gave me something like a rug burn. I'll be fine." Zera tore her arm away from me and winced.
"Are you sure?"
"Of course, I'll just go get it wrapped up." She gave me a fake smile. i knew it was fake because in the total four hours I had known her she hadn't smiled once.
She began walking away towards the medical tent, and i followed.

(I'm just doing this so then she has a kind of disadvantage. Kitty, tell me if I need to change what Mathias did! :D )
Life is to be lived, not survived.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

((Hey sorry I was mia again, our internet broke and trust me, trying to upload on a phone sucks.))

Darian

Finding a key was easy, it was just a matter of following the elecrticity from my own lightning bolts to one, because keys conduct it way better than anything else in the freaking maze. Getting the second one wasn't nearly as simple. The signal kept getting disrupted because there was more than one person running around with more than one key! It was getting impossible to find one! I passed the key up to Lilly, and told her to keep it safe. That way if anything happened to me, she would get through.

Fire exploded in front of us and Lilly whimpered as the flames scorched us. This was insane! I backed up as one enchanter had a tree drive its branches through the heart of someone else and then reach into the pockets of the now dead man and take out a key.

Lilly screamed and buried her head in my shoulder.

I couldn't move for a moment. What had we gotten into? Where was charity, kindness? Why was I letting Lilly see that? I shook my head and ran for the end of the corridor of the maze. We had to get away from that! For that moment, I stopped thinking about how much work it was running Lilly through the maze trying to get to the end and find a key at the same time, and then it occurred to me to just take her to the end and come back. That cut down on the number of things to focus on.

When I finally got to the end, i don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't to find a man there that attacked me.

He slammed into me from nowhere and I fell, twisting so that I didn't land on Lilly and immediately pulled her off. "Lilly go through the door." I commanded, rolling away when he jumped, stabbing the ground where I was before. WHere did his knife come from?! I watched Lilly run to the door and missed the man coming at me again and was suddenly aware of this horrible, crazy pain in my chest. Time suddenly slowed and I focused on one thing and one thing alone. The man's hands were on the dagger that was stabbed into me. If he pulled that out then I would bleed to death. I had to stop him from removing that dagger. So I did the only thing that came natural to me. I called down lightning.

It struck the dagger and jolted through my body, electrifying all of me. I was suddenly hyperaware. Sounds were louder. The scent of blood was impossibly strong. i could see with acute clarity and I could feel the vibrations in the ground. But what terrified me was that I couldn't stop the shock from travelling into the ground after it left the man lifeless. Lilly was on that ground, she could be getting hurt.

"NO! DARIAN!" Someone shrieked and grabbed me, but I suddenly lost focus. I couldn't really register anything other than someone shrieking for help and strong arms lifting me.

((If someone wants to be the person who carries Darian through that would be awesome, pm me, and if no one wants to do it I'll create another character. But this would be a great time to start an alliance without anybody losing any pride and asking for it. btw, no way Lilly can carry him, she's like 8, lol))
Llamas do not have six packs

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:21 pm
Rydia says...

No, you're good ice! That was a really nice post :)

Kindred: I thought I'd flip things around a little so that Mathias gets friends as well as enemies ^^

Mathias Redwyn

It was harder to get a key from another person than I had expected. Much harder. The problem was that they only had to make it to the door and then they were whisked away to safety, while I had to locate their key and then try to take it from them. By now at least four had made it past me and I was getting worried, not only for this game but for those that would follow as well. I would have enemies a-plenty in the field now and maybe... maybe I was just getting too old for this.

I wasn't the only one who'd had the idea either. Stationed to my left was another man. We'd battled at first but as people with keys slipped by us, un-hindered, we'd come to a truce and the agreement to challenge every other arrival at the door. It was his turn so I wasn't paying as much attention to our surroundings as before. Whoever approached would be his. I was soon going to regret that.

"Lilly go through the door." The voice cut through me and I spun around to see - no. Not them. Curse that fool boy, what was he doing taking part? And his sister as well! What sort of an idiot-

No. There was no time. The battle played out in slow motion before my eyes as I covered the ground toward them but it wasn't slow enough. Already the boy had been stabbed. Already he was sinking under the other man's blow. And Lilly was standing there, caught between obeying her brother and waiting for him.

"No! Darian!" I shouted, catching him in my arms and pulling him free.

"He's mine!" The other man claimed but I paid him no heed and I was far too quick for him, dodging back and lashing out with air at the same time. He made a grab for Lilly but I wrapped her in bonds of air and dragged her back, out of the way. She let out a stunned scream and started to cry. I dragged her closer to me.

"Lilly, Lilly listen." She looked up at me with those blue eyes of hers. Idiot. What was Darian thinking? "Lilly, do you have keys? Has Darian got a key?" She shook her head. No. "Have you?" She hesitated and then nodded timidly. I watched our old opponent warily but he had moved on and was now attacking someone he deemed to be an easier opponent. One key between three of us. "Lilly, you need to go through the door-"

"But I don't want to, what about Darian, I don't-"

"Go. I'll take care of him. We need keys, Lilly."

"I can help."

"You'll only slow us down." That did it. She gave me a little glare but hurried toward the door and slipped through. Good. I carried Darian back across the field and finally hit a lucky break. There, hanging in one of the trees was a key. I cursed loudly, thinking how close it had been this whole time and floated it toward me on the air. I tucked it into Darian's pocket and started searching again. The next was not so easy to get. I had to fight for it. I had to kill for it. I was in a pretty dark mood by the time I approached the door again. There was nobody there to bar our way and we soon found Lilly at the other side.

"Is he going to be okay?" She looked at me with those blue eyes again and not for the first time I found myself missing her parents. They'd been good friends of mine.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:17 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

Thanks Kitty! That was great!

Lilly

I was scared. The big man attacked Darian and there was nothing I could do to stop him. He was so big and I was small. Then Mr. Matty came and saved him and made me go through the door. And I did. I came out at a town and looked around. What was I supposed to do? I missed Darian already. Mr. Matty would get him through. I hoped.

The terrified look on Darians face flashed in my memory. He had never been scared before, not even when Mommy and Daddy left. Then I remembered the knife. And the blood. I started crying and couldn't stop, I was scared that Darian would die. And I left him behind. He never left me behind. Not ever.

"Contestant 08-200035, you have to move on to the next round. The first 900 contestants to make it through this scavenger hunt will continue on to the third round." Someone said above me.

I looked up. "I can't go without Darian."

The man looked pained. "Not everyone makes it past the first round."

"He will."

"You may want to believe that dear, but-"

"HE WILL!" I screamed and something snapped inside of me. My powers released themselves and I saw the bright sunny day darken and thunder rumble. "And I am waiting for him!"
Llamas do not have six packs

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 pm
icebender28 says...

Zera:

After we made it through the door, John would not stop saying sorry over and over.
"It wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have stepped on your foot making you scream. I deserve it." I said and winced again. Was this guy a nurse or a sumo wrestler? His hand felt so heavy, but that might have been just me, from loss of blood. I hoped not. He wrapped my arm so slow, but that was okay. It gave me more time to eat the meager meal we had been given before the second part of the games.
I wondered how many parts there were. Ten? Twenty? How many would I survive? three? two? Well, if I was going to die, I hoped it would be soon, so then I don't have to deal with more burns, cuts, bruises, ... death, i guess. And John. I couldn't handle his annoyingness. Speaking of which he was talking to me right then, but I wasn't listening. I tuned in for just the last part.
"And I promise you, I won't let you get hurt anymore."
"Wait, what?" I said.
He blushed."I uhh, just said I won't let you get hurt anymore, from ... from this horrible nurse!" He stood up and swatted the man's hand away. "Back you devilish feind!" The man glared at him, but he was done anyways so he didn't say anything as we walked away.
I guess John didn't want to talk about it.

John:

I stared at Zera. I wanted to say so much, but if she thought that it was weird, I would be done for. I looked into her beautiful black eyes. They were staring blankly ahead of her. She was obviously deep in thought, so...
"Zera, I am so sorry for causing you pain. I can't believe that's it's my fault. I know, it may not help anything, but I promise you, I will do anything and everything in my power to stop you from getting hurt ever again."
"Wait, what?" She said. I had been so deep into poring out my soul, that I didn't notice that she had started listening at the end.
"I, uhh," I stammered, mixing up my words in my mad attempt NOT to look like a complete fool. "Just said how...I'm not going to let this horrible nurse hurt you anymore!" I swatted away the man's hand. "Back you devilish feind!" He gave me a funny look, but I shot him an apology before dragging Zera away. She shot me a funny look too.
I was such an idiot. I mean,...
Why would someone as beautiful as her, go for someone like me?
I may not have deserved her, but I made a silent promise to myself that I would never let anything bad happen to her.
Ever.

( hope it's not to cheesy for your liking!) :D
Life is to be lived, not survived.

34 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:08 am
LostMagi42 says...

Rallegor
Mood: Smug
Side of heart active: on the verge of changing to light

I looked at the guy, and it apered he was not going to do anything, so I hardened his fire rings and opened a passageway out of my flesh wall. I would leave him to figure out how to escape. He turned at the sound, throwing fire at my unguarded back. I yelled at the pain, hollering. I threw shadow at him, calmed down, and closed the opening. My heart changed allignment, as I flowed into my cleric form. I took out my key and opened the door, walking through the portal. I hurried to the infirmary to help the injured people. As I was walking, I heard over a loudspeaker of sorts: The next round will be a scavenger hunt!

Great, I thought, something Im actually good at. When I reached the Infirmary, I saw the girl that I had met earlier, the one whose companion I ressurected. she was hurt, so I asked the boy, John If I could heal her, and he said yes. I focused my energy on the big burn across her, and the skin slowly melted together, the pain released. I then walked away and started helping the others. If people were at a disadvantage physically, the games wouldnt be nearly as interesting. I figured I would heal myself tomorrow morning.

((OOC: Redfang: If you say it is war, then war it shall be!))
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

32 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:30 am
Redfang18 says...

Artemis Darkrai

I couldn't believe it. My potions pouch was leaking and it was all because some crazy head shot something at it. I dug my way under the small battlefield and ran as quick as my feet can carry me. Putting the keys in place, I made it with some others. I panted, "Man, I just barely made it."
Someone's voice said, "Contestant 18-24601, you've made it to the second round."
I said, "It's about time."

Spoiler! :
*If anyone even gets sneaky with this guy, think twice when he sets your shoes on fire again.

~~~Les Miserables

34 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:53 am
LostMagi42 says...

((OOC: Interesting. I also can control fire, or protect myself from it, and you dare say that to me?! And by the way, nice job escaping. I figured you would just unfreeze the lava, but that works!))

Rallegor
Mood: Mad

The active side of my heart changed instantly when I heard that Artemis had gotten through to the end. I should have known better than to leave the floor untouched. A mistake I will not make again. I blew a hole In the Infirmary wall, and stormed out. Afterwards, I was first in line for the second battlefield, looking over the scavenger hunt list while I was waiting. 900 would move on. I remembered the extra flesh that I had left in the other battlefield. They probably already ended the first session, or the last few living stragglers were getting through. one way or another, I had lost good quality material. Once I had finished with the list, I pulled out my Grimore, and started learning new ways to destroy my opponents. Hmmm, fire storm.... Ill have to think about that one for flesh to use.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 am
Shadowlight says...

Demhara Torre:

I awoke feeling groggy, wondering if it was all just a bad dream. If all the blood and the death was just a nightmare that would go away when I opened my eyes. It wasn't. I felt sick again but this time I didn't faint. I stood to my feet and gave myself a good shake before starting down the road again, hoping I would just get out alive.

“Come on now! All I need to do is to find the door. I have the key I just need the door.” I always talked to myself when I was alone, an odd habit my mother was always trying to break me of.

Everything was quiet now, like there was no one else around. I couldn't even hear footsteps or-anything. I began to wonder if I was the only person left in the maze, if I had lost the race. It wouldn't surprise me. I was never any good at running, or fighting, or anything really worth knowing. My illusions were useless to me right now! I couldn't fight of magic with them, I couldn't use them to find my way out of here, I was probably the weakest person in the whole of the Games.

I began running again. If I was last, I could at least finish with dignity! I had tried my best after all. I took two left turns then a right and suddenly found myself face to face with a plain unassuming door.

“This is it?” I asked out loud, I was incredulous. I had been scampering all around looking for this!? The pantry doors in our house were more fine than this door.

“It looks like it.” A male voice said from behind me, I whirled around with a yelp. A man was standing there hands up, palm out towards me.

“Whoa there! Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you. See?” he reached in his shirt and pulled out a key string on a dirty bit of string. I smoothed my kameeze and gave him my best impious look, I couldn't look afraid, but it was hard.

“How do you know I'm not waiting here for someone with a key to steal it?” he gave a deep chuckle.

“You don't seem that type of fighter.” He smiled gently. “Do you have a key? I've got extras if you don't.” he pulled four others out of his pockets!

“Where did you get those!” I cried mouth agape. He shrugged.
“I found them.” he didn't elaborate and I didn't ask.

“No thank you, I've got my own.” I was trying to remain calm, but I could tell I was failing.

“Alright then.” he said brightly and walked towards the door, then he stopped and faced me. “Ladies first.” he gestured- he was at least polite no matter how rough he looked with only one eye. I smiled best I could.

“Thank you.” then I realized something dreadful. My key was somewhere down inside my under dress and it would take a great deal of unladylike “fishing” to get it out again. I blushed redder than a peony and chewed my lip. “Um, could I have one of your keys?” He cocked his head to one side.

“I thought you said you had one?” I buried my head in my hands blushing redder.

“I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that.”

“I said I can't reach my key!” I cried wringing my hands. I heard a choked off snort and a jangle of metal.

“Here.” I looked up, he was holding a key in front of my face, I took it quietly. “Ladies first?” he said again a crooked smile threatening to grow into a laugh.

I stood, unlocked the door and opened it onto the busy street of the city!

"What!?" I said aloud.

“Contestant 33-47899 you have made it though to the next stage!” A voice boomed from somewhere. The next moment the man was standing beside me and again the voice boomed.

“Contestant 21-23300 you have made it though to the next level.” I turned to face him to say "thank you" but he had vanished into the throng of people.

(I got both Bute and Demhara through so no need to worry about them. if I messed up just let me know and I will fix it! :D)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:49 pm
Rydia says...

Mathias Redwyn

A voice came over the loud-speaker instructing us to move on. It was male and he sounded impatient but also... worried. Concerned. Like me he was probably thinking what a bad place for children this was. They'd get through. I'd make sure that they did. The game couldn't really mean that only one would survive, it couldn't- I'd cross that bridge when it came to it.

"Let's go," I said, striking out along the road. A scavenger hunt in a town. Where were we to go? Where did we get our instructions? It wasn't far along the way that we found a medical tent and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Lilly, we're going in there," I told her. "Stay close to me."

"But what is it Mr. Matty?" She had a frown on her little face and was eyeing the tent in distaste.

"It's where they make people better. We're going to take Darian there and... and they'll make him better." That was going to be a task and a half. But perhaps I could help. I could certainly push against the opening of his wound to prevent him bleeding to death when they brought the dagger out. Maybe an air bubble would help keep the blood in. Maybe.

"Okay, that sounds like a nice place," Lilly said with a little smile. Nowhere here was a nice place.

I entered the tent a little warily and tried to keep my head down. It wouldn't do to start a fight here and already I recognised two of its occupants. One of the nurses approached with a frown.

"He shouldn't have made it through. How do you expect him to succeed in the next round with a wound like that?" I stared her down and she sighed softly before leading me to one of the beds. "Lay him down then." I did as I was bid. "I have dressings but I can't promise he won't bleed out before-"

"I can handle that," I told her. I placed my hands a little above the dagger and, without touching it, started to slowly move it upwards. Almost immediately blood started to pour from the wound so I changed tactics, whipping the dagger out as quick as I could. I snatched it from the air with my hand and then reversed the flow of my air so that it pressed down on him, blocking the hole. The nurse looked somewhat taken aback.

"Sew him up. Bandages. Whatever it is you're going to do. Fix him." She responded to my firm tone and started to work.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451