Young Writers Society

Tears of the Forest [ OPEN][Not accepting]

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:46 am
View Likes
Spyndlethread says...

Tears of the Forest

ONE CITY seemingly prosperous, a gem of peace and innovation in a vast, uninhabited forest. In reality, however, the city is ruled by fear. Although its technology is more advanced than anything our Earth has ever knows, it cannot further penetrate the woods that surround it. The city is plagued with evil, shape-shifting demons that defy science and refuse to be explained. Although the demons are hunted and exiled from the city, more continue to be born. They are growing in numbers and they are learning to hide. To many, it seems the only solution is all-out war.

ONE FOREST, mysterious, ethereal and deadly. It is refuge to many of the misunderstood outcasts of the city, including the animal spirits that are known as demons within the walls of civilization. The spirits are born with a black ring around one eye that is impossible to miss, dooming them from the day they come into the world. The near-impenetrable wood is their last refuge. But more and more are coming into the woods from the city, bringing news of strange new weapons and growing hatred. Out in the wilderness, the tension is building. Some wish to leave and find a new home, while others want to stay and make peace, or gather an outcast army to attack the city. No matter what the spirits do, their forest will never be the same.
Last edited by Spyndlethread on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Please check out my storybook; it needs members! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post894035.html#p894035

Insincerly, sarcastically, and nerd-i-ly,

SPYNDLE

6 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:59 am
View Likes
Spyndlethread says...

L I V I N G H E R E

-->the city
The city is governed by a council, but the true leader is the council's head. He makes all of the important decisions. The council keeps a tight grip on art and innovation, allowing creativity only when it will benefit them. Work hours for the average person are long, and benefits are little. However, the city is well-protected by its army, gets lots of trade on the river that runs through it, and has unrivaled medicine and doctors. Laws are strictly enforced by the army's street division, or SD. A special SD force is devoted to finding and exiling demons.

If you want to hide away, lay low for a while, the East dock and warehouse district is a shady place where you can go unnoticed. A few rogue spirits live here, hidden from the eyes of the SD. The West side of the river is more wealthy and more law-abiding.

The city is surrounded by a high wall with two land entrances and two river gates. The only other way to leave the city is by airship...unless you discover a secret passage through the wall (feel free to make up your own passages through the wall!)

-->Forest Life
All demons/animal spirits are exiled from the city upon being discovered, and their parents and some relatives are taken in or questioning, sometimes unwillingly. As the spirits are always born with a telltale black ring around one eye, they are often discovered and taken outside the city wall as newborns. Unless they are lucky, few of these newborns survive.

The Grove is a small clearing with a few cabins and fields for growing food. It is inhabited by a small group of spirits and other human outcasts.

Some spirits have grown up as loners, while other have lived in packs or flocks or herds or in the Grove.

THE POWERS OF SPIRITS:
1. transform into the form of an animal and communicate with animals of that species
2. detect other spirits
it can be difficult to balance the human and animal instincts, so some spirits choose to live entirely as animals or as humans. They can fall in love with either a human or an animal of their same species. They tend to live about as long as the average human.
Please check out my storybook; it needs members! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post894035.html#p894035

SPYNDLE

6 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:05 am
Spyndlethread says...

CHARACTER INFORMATION

post characters in the discussion thread: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic85250.html

The following characters are available for use:

1. A human runaway who lives in the Grove
and three other free spots for a character of your choosing. Please read a little about the existing characters before posting your own.

Non-player characters are controlled by me and may have dialogue in order to advance the story; however, their emotions will not be portrayed.

CHARACTER TEMPLATE:
name:
apprx age:
Race: (If spirit, say if they prefer animal or human form.)
(Humans put occupation here; spirits put animal form here)
describe appearance:
City or forest:
Personality:
Biography:
Other important information:
Last edited by Spyndlethread on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPYNDLE

6 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:12 am
Spyndlethread says...

LASTLY...
the rules.

1. follow YWS regulations, no death unless approved, no gmod, the works.
2. use ((double parenthesis)) or the discussion thread for talking out of character.
3. ROMANCE is WONDERFUL for moving a story along; feel free to have characters with romantic inclinations of any sort. As for sex, timeskips are your best friend if it comes to that. ;)
4. Use no more than three characters.
5. Rules may get added onto.

That's all! Happy storybooking! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Last edited by Spyndlethread on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPYNDLE

6 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:46 am
Spyndlethread says...

{{{{OPEN!}}}}}

Zinnia Rise pushed another hanging thorny branch out of her path and wiped the sweat from her forehead. It was hard to believe that just a few months ago the forest had been covered in snow. Now the mosquitos and cicadas buzzed all around her, and the dim sunlight that came through the thick canopy was tinted emerald. It was beautiful here, but she knew there were dangers as well. She kept one hand on her gun as she pushed her way through the brush toward the relative safety of the Grove. She had some good information to hand out today...expensive information. Perhaps enough to buy her a square meal and a safe place to sleep.

SPYNDLE

6 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:00 pm
Spyndlethread says...

~~~~((Talking to myself))~~~~

SPYNDLE

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:02 am
View Likes
summergrl13 says...

Character outline: Her parents were taken in for questioning recently and she now hides in the forest. She is shy, and does not like all the chaos going on around her. She is friendly and wants to make peace but doesn't know how to stand up and be heard. Since her parents have been taken away she mostly stays in her spirit form of a wolf. She loves nature and is rather care free and bubbly once people get to know her. She's secretly watched the humans before and envies them a bit.

Name: Luna

Approximate age: 17-18

Race: Spirit (normally she prefers to be human but she's been trying to lay low)

Wolf form:http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=black%20wolf%20with%20blue%20eyes&order=9&offset=48#/duo8mf

Describe Appearance: Tall and willowy, but strong. She has long, wavy dark brown hair and a fair complexion. Her eyes are an odd sky blue color.

City or Forest: Forest (but perhaps someone could lure her into the city?)

Personality: Shy, and a bit independent. She wants to make friends, but isn't quite sure how to. While she's loyal, she's a bit apprehensive as she doesn't know who to trust and who not to.

Biography: Her family has lived in the city for most of her life, until her parents were taken for questioning a couple of months ago and her older brother has since disappeared. She and her brother ran and hid so they wouldn't be taken too, and when she went to find her brother, he was gone. She then fled to the forest and had been in her spirit form for almost the entire time since. She has no idea where any other spirits are hiding nor whether they're peaceful or not, so she wanders the forest alone for now.

Other Important Information: none
I will review for you! PM about it if you need one!

Come check out my new story at topic53543.html

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:21 pm
View Likes
KindredSpiritBee says...

CHARACTER OUTLINE: (please go into as much detail as you need to) He woke up one morning in the docks completely alone and had no memories whatsoever. He has been trying to track down his past, to no avail and has no idea what he is. Obviously he figured out that he wasn't like the other humans around him and adapted to sliding under the radar.

name:He calls himself Dark

apprx age:19

Race: (If spirit, say if they prefer animal or human form.)Spirit, and almost constantly stays in human form

(Humans put occupation here; spirits put animal form here)A huge white tiger

describe appearance:At 5'10" Dark is one handsome piece of human being and has no freaking idea. He has white blonde hair that he keeps dying black so he blends in better in the dark warehouses. He always wears all black and uses a small colt revolver that he keeps in the back of his pants. His eyes are amber and he can see in the dark... Get the name now? =D

City or forest: City

Personality: Quiet and alone all the time, Dark is actually a very lonely person. He likes to hear other people talk, and just sit back and listen because he isn't really ever around other people. He is super humble and hates that he is so hated by people, so he's always doing random acts of kindness.

Biography: Uh.... I think I got that covered...

Other important information:n/a
Llamas do not have six packs

97 Reviews

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:00 pm
summergrl13 says...

Hey Kindred, how do you feel about a potential romance between Luna and Dark? :D

6 Reviews

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:20 pm
Spyndlethread says...

((Hello guys, thank you for joining! I would really appreciate it if you could post your characters in the discussion thread, which I have linked into above. Also, when I wrote CHARACTER OUTLINE I meant that this was the template for your character profiles.))

SPYNDLE

6 Reviews

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:22 pm
View Likes
Spyndlethread says...

summergrl13 wrote:

City or Forest: Forest (but perhaps someone could lure her into the city?)

((I think that Zinnia could ask her to come back to the city, for reasons unknown. There she could meet Dark and then...we could see where it goes. How does that sound?))

SPYNDLE

97 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 am
summergrl13 says...

((I think it sounds good :D))

6 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 am
View Likes
Spyndlethread says...

((All right, go ahead and post for Luna!))

SPYNDLE

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 pm
View Likes
PrincessOfDarkness says...

((I posted on t'other thread... Sorry *Hangs head in shame*))

Arwen ¬

I pushed my way through the forest in my human form, but deciding it would be easier, I phased into my Wolf. I lolloped through the woods. Sometimes, when I was a wolf, there was a feeling... like a six sense. My Wolf guided me forward, my intuition telling me that if I went this way, I was going to meet someone who would change my life forever... so I pushed onwards, stopped, howled and ran off again.
Signature Pending

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:34 pm
LostMagi42 says...

(( I'm another other thread poster ))

Myelina Feymoor was jumping roof to roof in her flying squirrel form. (( from now on i will shorten it to squirrel, for eases sake. )) She started sneaking around the docks when she came across the body of a spirit that was completely clothed in black. he was out in the open, so she decided to drag him into the nearby alley, changing into human form before she did so. she shook him, and deciding that he would remain unconcious for some time, she sat down and waited for him to wake up.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig