Young Writers Society

Alethia (Open/Beginning)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:46 am
View Likes
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

My back ached- I found it so much easier to move around as a Wolf than I did a human, but shifting was becoming painfull, too. I heard the cracking of twigs and saw a sudden blur through the forest. Ignoring the pain, I shifted and followed him. He stopped, looking left and right; as he stopped, I shifted back, groaning at the pain, and called out:
"Wait!" He had Aloe Vera. |I could smell it. Then I realised what I'd done. What if he was working for Narissa? He hated Werewolves- he could kill me on the spot. I stepped back.

"Are you working for Narissa?"

"No,"

"Could I ... have some Aloe Vera?"

"Why? Why would a dog like you need my Aloe Vera,"

I snarled, temper flaring. "Narissa just killed the rest of our clan. Jerr and I are the only WereWolves left that inhabit this part of Alethia! And that stupid Dragon that attacked us sliced open my back, which has now, of course, got infected. I'd think you of all people should know when blood is tainted and infected."

I was shouting by the time I'd finished, and the Vampire just stared at me. Jerr tugged on my arm. Yes, it was dangerous to insult a Vampire. "No, Jerr. Trust me. If he really works for Narissa, he'll work away or kill us, probably the latter, but if he doesn't- he'll hand over the Aloe Vera,"
Signature Pending

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:14 pm
Redfang18 says...

Silver Cutthroat

As much as I hated that insult, I knew the she-wolf was right. Tainted and infected blood tastes like dirt to creatures like me. Her companion seemed to be afraid of me, but she told him that I'd walk away or kill them both if I was with Narissa. They were obviously unaware that I was against her, hence my hasty retreat from my cottage. I sighed, then dug in my bag for what they needed. I gave them as much as two handfuls to split evenly between them. I said, "Don't think even once that I work for that batty woman Narissa. I'm out on my own because the sirens are on her list of 'undesireables' and I can't afford to lose the sirens at all. I may be a gentleman towards woman, but I am not going to spend eternity feeling guilty for the loss of those beautiful sirens."
The she-wolf asked, "What is it about you and the sirens anyway?"
I answered, "I learned how to flirt with them without fear. It took me centuries to trust them after I lost my wife and child during my time as a vampire." I decided to open up a little to the wolves. Since that they are the last of their clan and sole survivors of their pack, I might as well join them and who else that are left. "What I'm doing is out of the goodness of my heart. I was once a priest before I became a vampire, so you two now have a reason to try and trust me. If that's not reason enough, I'll let you take what I gave you and I'll just walk away like none of this ever happened." I found it hard to believe what I was doing. Sarah took that dangerous step by turning a priest into a vampire, but now I was assuming she was a wayward vampire despite her seven centuries of hiding.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:06 pm
Demoness says...

Name: Maya Keenan
Race: Siren
Appearance: Maya is a young and beautiful Siren with a fragile bone structure painted porcelain white. Her fair face is decorated with high cheekbones and red, full lips. In it you can also see a pair of big eyes framed with long, dark eye-lashes. Her eyes used to be the same color as the ocean, a mixture of forest-green and turquoise-blue. Now though, they are pit-black just like her long, silky hair. In difference to those who are like her, she doesn’t wear silver, but white.
Personality: She is a wayward, cold and mostly heartless girl who doesn't show any real facial expressions of emotions ever but who constantly con herself into the hearts of men by putting up a seductive facade. On the inside though, Maya is full of a boiling hatred against her sister. She is also suffering from a lot of psychic wounds that are etched deep into her hidden heart.
History: She used to be a kind, happy and humoristic little girl until the day she was betrayed by her sister and almost drowned. In the last moment though an unusually friendly siren saved her life but Maya was later cursed to live the same doomed life as her savior. She tried to adjust to the life by and within the water where she now belonged. All though... she couldn't since it was water that almost killed her once. Therefore she decides to run away and live alone on land where the absence of water both wound and heal her. As time passes though, Maya loses more and more of her humanity and eventually becomes heartless and mean. She has taken many souls of men, and cursed many lives of women. Maya is, in difference to every other Siren, a follower of Narsissa even though Narsissa is said to be the greatest hater of Sirens like herself.
Other: Maya is on a quest to lure herself into the midst of Narsissa's to reach the goal of unlimited power and eventually seek revenge on her sister who is a very powerful sorceress.
Attachments
Maya Keenan.jpg
Maya Keenan.jpg (45.4 KiB) Viewed 259 times
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:45 pm
StoryWeaver13 says...

*Will be gone for about 12 days (doing marine field research, whoot whoot!) so sorry if this will at all interfere with the storybook, but hopefully the storybook will be able to be carried through.*
Keep writing,
StoryWeaver :D

P.S., I will not likely be closing this storybook, as there isn't much reason that characters could not be later intertwined in this plot. If anyone else joins with the intention of being a type of character that isn't already listed, they will temporarily be approved while I'm gone.
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

424 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:08 pm
Demoness says...

Name: Neo Venom - few know his first name though as Venom is what he introduces himself as.
Race: Vampire
Age: Appears to be 21 but has lived for almost 5 centuries.
Appearance: Venom is a tall, handsome vampire with hair dark as the feathers of a raven. He has marble-skin and icy blue eyes but a smile that can make glaciers melt. He dresses in black and his favorite clothing is his black, leather jacket.
Personality: Venom can at times seem both cruel and cold-hearted and to most that is how he acts. He's filled with hatred against almost every creature in Alethia but to those lucky... or unlucky few he finds his secret heart beat for he'd do anything for.
History: Venom's lived a life too long to remember much of it but he remembers being shot in a war and almost dying, but that a young lady saved his life by turning him. He dedicated his afterlife to pleasing her and lived side by side with her for many decades until one day his companion who he'd fallen deeply in love with was slaugthered and killed. Thereafter he spent his years seeking up and slaying his creators murderer but lost his teeth in the process. After that he was banned by Narsissa who claimed he was use-less and a disgrace to his race and before he saw her face in person he was furious with her. The moment she appeared infront of him though he lost all his feelings of rage against her since she held such resemblance to the person he lost that he couldn't but admire her. Since that moment he began a quest to regain a position within Narsissa's midst so that he could not only win her trust but also her heart.
Other: He is accompanied by an undesirable siren called Maya who just like him wished to be accepted by Narsissa even though the queen hates her kind. Maya becomes one of the few that Venom actually cares for and feels very protective of her.
Neo Venom.jpg
Neo Venom.jpg (89.32 KiB) Viewed 242 times
Some say in ice.
Is also great

42 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:14 pm

ARRRG! DAMON! *Swoons* Lol. xx <3 him.
Signature Pending

42 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Arwen¬

"What I'm doing is out of the goodness of my heart. I was once a priest before I became a vampire, so you two now have a reason to try and trust me. If that's not reason enough, I'll let you take what I gave you and I'll just walk away like none of this ever happened."
A vampire a priest in a past life?
"We will trust you, and you have my word and Jerr's," I nudged him in the shin. "That we will not betray you to Narissa. I thank you for honesty and kindness." I touched my first two fingers to my mouth in respect, and turned to go.
"Thankyou...Wolf," I smiled and walked on. I grabbed Jerr's hand and dragged him with me.
"You eat Aloe Vera, don't you?" Jerr shrugged. "Come on, lets tell the Sirens about Narissa, and hope that they know anything about Aloe Vera,"
Signature Pending

32 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:48 pm
Redfang18 says...

Silver Cutthroat

After the werewolves took their leave with their fair share of Aloe Vera, I resumed my retreat. Seeing that the sun was setting, I climbed up a very dense tree and hid there. Although Narissa had some vampires younger than me, sometimes their youth was too little for my wit. A very dense tree was the perfect shield for one as old and smart as me. I laid there on a branch, resting myself from the day's stress.
I was just returning home for the night when a young lady came by. She was as young as eighteen with burning blue eyes and light brown hair, wearing a dark dress that clung to her bosom like a lover. She smiled with her sweet red lips.
I said to her, "I'm sorry, young ma'am. Service is over until next week."
She held her smile and said, "I know, Father Silver, but I have been seeing you wander around every other night. Perhaps you are looking for a place to commit a sin for the first time in your life?"
I denied the question, but I knew she was telling the truth. All my life I was good, but I tried to do at least one kind of sin that could make me easy.
She smiled still, like she was reading my thoughts. "I can help you with your little purity problem, Father Silver." She offered her hand. "Come, Father Silver. Come to my dwelling. Drink all the wine you can, then all your problems will be over." She led me to a small cottage and there my entire life was changed for eternity.

I woke up again, still in the tree I was hiding in. I felt at loss for Sarah, who was willing to die to keep me alive centuries ago. I made myself promise to not let her sacrifice be in vain. If that were the case, I would do the same thing for the sirens and all others of whom are as innocent as I was long ago.

~~~Les Miserables

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:58 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

Fermoso

I glanced around the clearing from the safety of the trees, making sure thtat there were no innocents that might get hurt if they were around me for much longer than a few seconds. I saw none, and crept out into the sunshine. It was the first time I had stayed awake long enough to see the dawn- only because I needed water and hadn't found any all night long. I dropped my pack to the ground and drank greedily, but only for a short while. According to the many books I had read, if you drank too much you wound up vomiting. I did not want to vomit. Eventually I had my fill of water and stretched out on the grass, reveling in the feel. After months of nothing but dirt and brusgh under my body, I missed grass. Grass only grew outside of caves, but caves were abandoned and ignored. So, caves had been my home while I tried to master my powers. But I couldn't hide anymore, something was changing in the world and I needed to know what before it killed me.
Llamas do not have six packs

424 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:36 pm
Demoness says...

Maya Keenan

The vampire stared at her with red, blood-thirsty eyes as his cold, bony fingers grasped around her neck and held her pushed up against a big oak tree. Most people she knew that were like her would’ve fainted by fear by now or at least they’d be screaming and fighting or perhaps been crying. With “people like her” she meant undesirable ones. Maya was a Siren, hence everyone thought she was like them, but she wasn’t… she’d never acknowledge herself as one of them. Vampires weren’t undesirable and most of them were as eager to slay people like Maya as the queen herself. Therefore, one would assume that as Maya stood there about to get strangled to death she would be scared, but she wasn’t. This vampire was one of the others, those who didn’t bend at Narsissa’s feet and who didn’t wish death upon every undesirable creature in Alethia. Maya looked at her attacker with big, dark, doe-like eyes and smiled pleadingly, trying to look as innocent as possible. For a moment the vampire hesitated and that’s when she stroke. She had held both her hands tucked inside the pockets of her black coat and now she pulled something out, a stake. She aimed for the vampires heart, well aware that she wouldn’t be able to kill him but that he’d be curious (and stupid) enough not to kill her instantly. Therefore she wasn’t surprised when only a hundredth of a second later the stake lay on the ground tens of thousands of inches away and why she herself was on the ground panting. The vampire held both her wrists tied to the ground and hung over her like a wolf about to take his take his first bite.
“Are you out of your mind? Trying to slay a vampire? You’re a siren, you’re nothing against me!” The vampire finally spoke, his voice was strong and confident but his eyes were soft and full of compassion; he was wrong. She was the most dangerous thing he’d ever met.
Last edited by Demoness on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some say in ice.
Is also great

424 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 pm
Demoness says...

Hm.. I now noticed how some people write in first person and others in third... is it okay to do either or should we all stick to one way?
Some say in ice.
Is also great

42 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:09 pm

I write in first person, but everyone will have to decide. I vote first person, because then it is a real, true POV, including all of the feelings and emotions.

Arwen ¬

We took leave, pushing through the bushes and brambles that we would pass easily as a Wolf, heading straight to the river. We got there, and I pushed through the last of the thorns, wincing as one hit my back, embedding itself in the soft, eggravated flesh. I grimaced in pain and shook myself. I pulled the thorn out, and felt warm blood trickling down my back.

"You're in danger! Narissa is out to kill the undesirables, including the Sirens," I said, my voice echoing off the rocks.

They gasped. "How can we trust you?"

"The Vampire who was here earlier will tell you exactly the same when we he arrives," Jerr said. I smiled at him gratefully.

"Are you sure?"

"We wouldn't lie- our family, our pack, was killed," I paused, "And I think that your family, the Siren's here, if they were wiped out, and you were the last left... how would you feel?" I left them to ponder the question, but Jerr jumped in.

"My friend, she was cut when we were attacked by the dragon, do any of you know anything about Aloe Vera?" He gritted his teeth as he mentioned the Dragon, but I said hastily

"Or any other healing plants?"

"I do," I turned towards the voice.
Signature Pending

32 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:10 pm
Redfang18 says...

Silver Cutthroat

The tree shook up and I almost fell out. I looked down and saw a vampire getting ready to bite a siren. The sight of it made my blood run cold. I jumped and grabbed the vampire by the throat, freeing the siren. I grabbed the stake. I threatened, "Stay back from me and the siren or I'll jam this right through your heart."
The vampire laughed at me and said slyly, "Don't even think it, brother. You don't even have the nerve to do it."
I gripped the stake tightly and challenged, "You want to bet?" I got so close his nose and mine were almost touching. With all my strength, I plunged the stake into his heart and watched him die. I stashed the stake in my bag and looked at the siren. She looked like she was nineteen. I decided to be nice, since I had a thing towards sirens. "Don't worry, pretty lady. Now that he's gone, you can rejoin your sisters. Before you think I work for Narissa, I don't work for her. I stand before you as a vampire who's against Narissa and for those she dislikes."
She stared at me suspiously.
"I promise you as the priest I once was, I don't bite. I never hurt a woman." I waited for a response.

~~~Les Miserables

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:54 am
VuzzyCat says...

Nella

I crouch behind a rock, my wings tight against my skin. I peer over the edge and watch as the werewolves walk back into the clearing. Yesterday, I had seen these same werewolves being attacked by a dragon trainer. Now they came back to warn of Narissa. I crouch back down behind the rock and relax my paws. I feel safe, only because the werewolves attract the sirens to the other side of the pool. I can't hear everything the group is saying, but I know that the sirens are shocked and affraid.

Undesirables are dying. I was there when the last pack of werewolves was wiped out, hiding of course. And I have been watching as vampirers and sorcerers gather. Narissa is planning something, probably to wipe out the rest of the undesirables.

I stand up and spread my wings out in a strech. I shake myself quickly before walking towards the group, I might as well tell the sirens the werewolves are telling the truth. My body begins to change as I shift back into my human form. Personally, I think that my transformation is the most beautiful of all of the shape-shifting beings. I change without missing a step. In the end, I'm standing just a few paces away from the werewolves wearing my clothes (grey shirt, black pants tucked into black boots). The werewolves and sirens look up as I walk over.
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story.
<3 VuzzyCat

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:55 am
VuzzyCat says...

Sorry! My internet went crazy and posted my post more then once! Sorry!
Last edited by VuzzyCat on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story.
<3 VuzzyCat

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria