z

Young Writers Society

Alethia (Open/Beginning)

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:17 am
Sunshine says...

(Hey...Demoness. I'm having a hard time reading your posts. The dialogue is so squished together. Try identing whenever a new person speaks. Thanks. :) It was just bugging me. Gleek's leaving? Ok, I'll still use her character just not as much. I've read through the post I've missed but tell me if I'm off to bad and I will adjust.)

Lily Everwaters

"Oh no."

My eyes scanned the forest spotting two rather familiar looking figures. The werewolves from the morning. I bit my lip. After all commotion of the morning the Sirens had settled into our normal rountine; talking to each other, flirting with any male daring enough to come near us or dumb enough to think us mortal, and perfecting our hair.

"What?" Chantelle, who was brushing her hair asked.

"Werewolves." I hissed, frowning.

Chantelle frowned, looking annoyed. I watched the two wolf people make there way towards us. Something was different about them, the way they walked. Almost like they were in mourning. They approached us and I blinked. They approched with a calm pace.

"They aren't going to attack, are they?" One of the less bright Sirens, Ella, murmered.

"No. They...they aren't." I replied.

They were in front of us now and I spoke with quiet shock. The female spoke first, brushing a hand through her hair.

"Narissa has finally done it." She spoke in short, harsh sentences."She wants to kill all of the "undersirables." She ordered the kill of our pack. They're dead." Her voice broke and what almost came through as emotion. "We came to warn you...you're lives are in dangerous."

At her last words, the girls all started squealing and talking at once. Her companion muttered in her ear, looking annoyed. My eyes wided. We are Sirens, if the werewolves hadn't noticed. A ship full of male sailors we could handle- an insane magician? I look around, before trying to decide my postion. I was certainly one of the most versatile Sirens. I couldn't remember any of my past and my personality was past my grasp. I had to suit up to the occasion, usually to the male of my seduction. Yet not this time.

"SHUT UP!" An annoyed Chantelle shouted. "What, are you people five?"

There were mutters of agreement and annoyance. The male werewolf seemed amused.

I gathered the courage to speak. "Watch what you say...you are in the company of Sirens..." I looked around, wondering what to say next. "I suppose...I...Are you lying?" The words come from me before I can stop them.

The wolf-people narrow their eyes. I hadn't meant to say anything rude, but I didn't trust the destructive morphers. Luckily, I didn't need to say anymore. There was a rustling in the bushes and everyone in the setting looked up in suprise. A young woman entered our area, smiling shyly and blushing.

"Sirens, Wolves." The girl blinked, opening her mouth. "I am Nella. You are talking about Narissa's destructive killings?"

I nodd, not finding her perdiction creepy. She obviously was some kind of magical being: a sorceress or enchanteress, perhaps?

"What's it to you?' The male asked.

"Hey!" Chantelle shouted. "You can't go asking questions before you answer ours!"

The female wolf rolled her eyes. "Of course were not lying! Why would we lie about something so important?"

Chantelle and a few other snorted, clearly still in doubt. I opened my mouth, wanting to take back my words.

"He's right." The other being confirmed. "Narissa has issued the murder of all those she calls "undesirables. She has hired any Vampires and Sorcerers who'll listen to her. We are...to be killed."

A chilling silence falls over the group.

"So what are we gonna do about it?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gale Vermay

It's wonderful today. I thought, smiling. I was walking out in the woods, feeling the breeze. The sun shone down on my face, feeling the shadows on the the leaves. I love the woods. They're so quiet and peaceful, totally interupt by stupid beings. Stupid beings... such of the fool Narissa. I still hadn't decided if I would join her. I had until tonight. It would be safer to but...destruction wasn't my thing. I sighed. I walked across my old faded path, listening and hearing the exact opposite of what I wanted to hear: people.

Anyone can run into him. If not, I'll have him go into one of the groups. Just bring 'im in!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:57 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Fermos

I realized that I was losing power. My strength was flagging and for the first time I was a little bit sorry. I still hadn't hit the ocean, and it wasn't as if I wanted to walk the whole way. Even after an hour of flying my feet were still aching from all my walking. Next time I think i'll just find a horse. I groaned and tried to think what birds did to land, but none of the books I had ever read said anything about it. I tried slowing myself down by backwinging, and panicked as I started to just fall from the sky. "Oh no! Uh oh!" I cried, as my wings started shrinking at the same time and I started falling from the sky. "oh no. Help! Stop! No! Grow bigger! GROW not SHRINK!" I screamed as the ground came closer and closer to me, and everything started coming into focus. Trees. A path. A man. The ground. A MAN?! If there was ever a time for my powers to work properly right now would be fantastic! I let out a terrified shriek and curled into a ball as the last of my wings disappeared. And... Contact!

A muffled "oomph!" sounded from under me and I gasped at how hard I hit whoever it was, and flopped to the ground.

I scrambled to my feet and looked down at the man. "Oh golly oh golly oh golly. I did not mean to do that, I am so sorry." I said quickly, backing away.
Llamas do not have six packs

17 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:59 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Is that ok Sunshine?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:35 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

"So what are we gonna do about it?"
"We could fight," One of the Sirens said.
"She has vampires and sorcerors- really we don't stand a chance. I think we should hide. I know were me and Jerr could hide, but I'm not so sure about the sirens- could you hide further out to sea?"
"Possibly..."
"Wait! What was the Vampires name? The one you ... err ..."
"Silver."
"Ah...OK.... SILVER!"
"What are you doing?" Jerr asked, grabbing one of my wrists.
"This Vampire can help the Sirens, protect them, then they aren't so vunerable."
"What about us Arwen?" His eyes were boring into mine, trying to make me understand.
My voice grew quiet. "You know the winter den?"
"Yeah,"
"I thought we could hide there,"
"But-"
"Yes it's up the mountain but what choice do we have?"
"Food? Water?"
"We'll have to collect it before hand, and we can also melt ice. Please Jerr... listen to me just this once..."

Reise Peicey ... your up... xD
Signature Pending

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:15 pm
Iggy says...

*Mason*

Eyes flashing, Mason jumped on the roof of the caravan and tore a chunk of the roof off. She slipped down and kicked Venom in the shin, causing him to drop Persephone. She pulled out her sword, expertly swinging it and stabbing Venom in the stomach.

Venom gasped when she removed the weapon, replacing it in her sheath. She met his furious eyes for a minute. "Listen here, Venom. I hope you wouldn't be stupid enough to follow me. If you do..." Mason chuckled and turned to Maya. "You too." She freed all to undesirables, picked up her sister, and left, walking to a tree for shelter. She patched up the wound.

Persephone stood up, wincing. "Should we chase them?"

"No,. They lied." Mason growled, taking her sister's hand and leading her away.

"They work for that evil woman!" Persephone shook her head in disgust.

"Does Jerrson want us to follow them?" Mason muttered to herself, grasping th handle of her sword.

"And do what? Fight them? We wouldn't st- what was that?" Persephone broke off, looking west.

"Persephone. Just ignore it." Mason warned. But Persephone had already ran off to the noise, arriving to see a girl fall from the sky ionto a man.

"Uhm, hi there!" Persephone called.
Last edited by Iggy on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:40 pm
Sunshine says...

(Of course it's okay Kindred! When you make a post everyone else'll just go with it!)

Gale Vermay

A shadow came over the sun, casting darkness over my face. Wha? The shadow came closer, closer, until it was right on top of me and...ooph. The shadow landed on top of me, knocking me over. A slice of pain spread from my side, weighed down with the weight of the shadow. The shadow jumped off of me, scrambling to it's feet. I could see now that it was a girl, maybe sixeteen. She was currently wingless, but that didn't mean a thing in Alethia.

"Oh golly, oh golly, oh golly. I did not mean to do that, I am so sorry." The girl said, backing away as though I was dangerous.

I merely studied her, getting to my feet. She had amber eyes, the color of many of the higher class, yet her unruly hair gave her away as a cast off. She radiated power, so much that my skin iched. Only one kind of being gave off that kind of power. Sorceress.

"It's fine. It was just an accident, right?"

"Uhm...Right." The girl's cheeks were tinged with blush. "I'm Fermos. I'm so, so sorry for running into you!"

I open my mouth to reply, but I was interupted by another voice.

"Uhm...hello? Are you to alright?"

Both Fermos and I turned to see a fifteen year old girl standing a few feet from us. A taller girl stood behind her, looking annoyed.

"Fine." I said curtly.

The two girls were creepily pale and smelled of death and blood. Vampires. The one wore a soft, kind smile but the other one's green eyes were stone cold. It was clear which one we should be worried about.

"I'm Persephone and this is my sister Mason. We saw something fall from the sky and came to check it out."

"That would've been me," Fermos said, looking embarrased. "Sorry about that."

"Alright, they're okay. Can we leave now?" The other girl, the one called Mason, asked.

The other girl, Persephone ignored her."Who are you two?"

"I'm Fermos, or Mos." The Sorceress murmered.

"Gale."

"Nice to meet you." She paused, studying us. Something sparked in her eyes, perhaps realizing what we were.

I sighed, knowing what I would have to do. The three girls looked hungry and even if I didn't have blood, I couldn't easily provide Fermos some food. Besides, I was curious. If my guesses were right, each one of them should be with Narissa. Maybe they could provide me some...some insight.

"Come, let's go to my home. It's not safe to be out here, so many magical creatures together. We can eat and talk there."

I waited for their response with a curiuos, tilted head.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:10 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Silver Cutthroat

The tree got shook up and this time I didn't have the time to catch myself from falling. Down I fell, then landed on someone. I looked and saw that it was Gale. I said calmly, "Hello, Gale."
A girl's voice said, "Nice snake on your back, mister."
Another girl hissed, "Are you crazy? That guy who just fell out of the tree is Silver Cutthroat, the Siren-lover."
I secretly grinned at that. Silver the Siren-lover, that's me for sure. I said, "So you heard of me. Before anyone points any fingers at me, I'm not for Narissa but against her. I'm going to fight her until the sirens are safe." I stood up and helped Gale get on his feet.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:41 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Jerreus Fling~

What Arwen was asking of me was, I would admit, hard for me to do. 'Just listen to me this once...' Could I? It's not my game to listen to others, I barely listen to the pack leaders back when they were alive, and Arwen was asking my to listen to her now. To trust her.

I swallowed back my pride and turned away from both Arwen and the group of sirens watching us. I thought momentarily about running away deep into the forest and finding a place of my own, burrowing into a hole until this whole mess blew over, if it ever would blow over. My heart was starting to clench along with my stomach and at that moment I realized how serious this was.

I couldn't be on my own, and I couldn't run away because there was no where to run to. I had other people counting on me and I have to count on other people.

Trust Arwen. Listen to Arwen.

"Fine," I mumbled. I was surprised at how much it took out of me to say that one word. I turned around back towards her and gave a wide toothy smile to hide up the fear in my eyes. I don't know why it scared me so much, but it did. "You better know what the hell you're doing, Arwen," I growled halfheartedly.

She smiled up and me and made a move to mess my hair, I evaded her hand with a small back step and did to her what she tried to do to me. I laughed and she made a face, "the face" actually. I was just grateful for the mild distraction.

"Lead the way, all mighty Arwen," I laughed, bowing lowly for good measure.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Arwen ¬

I smiled.
"Thankyou Jerr," Quickly, I hugged him and turned back to the Sirens.
"Hopefully Silver will arrive soon... and Narissa won't find you. We'll meet you here in three months." I turned to the forest, and began to eat the Aloe Vera. I phased into my Wolf and scented the air. I collected the berries and all the food we'd need before we set off.

The cold air bit my sensitive muzzle as I nuzzled the ground. I snorted, shaking my head. Snow was stuck to my nose, and it itched! I sneezed. Jerr phased back into a human, laughing uncontrolably. I changed back and glared at him, holding back laughter.
"Doooooon't," I whined, throwing snow at him. He threw a chunk back. I gasped as I was showered in cold fragments, and hurled one back at him. I laughed.
Signature Pending

17 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:14 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

Fermos

I looked through the strange collection of... Creatures around me. I was fairly sure that they were all vampires, but the Gale man was questionable. I looked over all of them carefully, and backed away a little more. According to my vampire book, they were unpredictable and powerful and altogether terrifying. I was so dead.
"... Narrissa..."
I focused again and zoned back into the conversation. "Narissa? Who is Narissa? Now that I think about it what on earth is going on in the world? And don't even try to feed me some nothing's going on crap because something really is and I need to know what it is. I mean really, I do my best to help society and keep away from them and no one ever helps me out. Seriously, how hard is it to just tell me what is going on so that another person doesn't die. I think I've killed quite enough people, and I really don't want to die as well." I shivered. "THey might come get me and my ghost." I finished my blathering and looked at the people. THey were all staring at me, and I wondered if I said too much...

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:46 am
Iggy says...

*Mason*

"Look, if you work for Narissa, whatever. We'll leave. But if you attack my sister, I'll kill you." She growled."

"We'd love to!" Persephone grinned warmly. "Ignore Mas, she's a tad over-protective."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:29 pm
Sassafras says...

Jerreus Fling~

I made a lame attempt to dodge the snowball barreling towards me and, of course, failed. It hit me in the side of the face, knocking to the ground not by the force but by the startling coldness. I fell down into yet more snow that seeped into my shit and got into my jeans, places snow should never be. I shuddered and swore lowly; Arwen couldn't seem to stop laughing at me.I smirked at her and gathered a ball of snow in my right hand.

"You think this is funny?"

She nodded helplessly as I got to my feet. Snow was clumped in my hair and clinging to my clothes and though I tried to frown to give off the impression that I was honestly angry so she would let down her guard but I couldn't stop smiling - I rarely can. She looked up at me through her fit and I took the chance to nail her right in the chest. She fell back onto the ground and it was my turn to laugh.

"Jerr," she whined, not laughing anymore. I, however, just laughed harder. "Come on, I'm serious. That fall made me hurt my back," she pouted. I stopped laughing and looked up, her face covered in pain.

"Hell," I whispered. "Crap, I'm sorry." She winced and I jogged over to where she was laying. I held out my hand for her, hoping she was okay. I didn't want to hurt her anymore really. "Listen, Arwen, I'm sorry I didn't-"

Suddenly she grabbed my arm and pulled me down into the snow and it was then that I realized she pulled off what I couldn't a few seconds ago.

"Ah," I screamed as the snow covered me yet again. "You're a little tricker! You know that?" I rolled around and pinned her down into the snow, smiling madly. She thrashed under me, beating my chest softer than knew she could. I've been on the recieving end of her fist many times, enough to know when she was holding back.

I grabbed her hands and pinned them above her and she squealed. I laughed lowly and shook my hair over my shoulder, it was falling onto her and getting into my face. Suddenly she stopped and looked up at me, her eyes wide and clear. I just smiled back lazily, feigning indifference. I really liked Arwen's eyes, and her scar was really pretty. I'd have to remember to ask her how she got it one day, but for now-

"Snow's cold, isn't it?" She didn't answer me, I didn't expect her to. I stayed like that, pinning her down, for a few more moments before rolling off and stretching, eyeing her slyly the whole time.

"Hurry up, lazy. I'm sleepy and we have to find this shelter you were going on about."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

42 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Loved Jerr's last POV. Tehe. xD

Arwen ¬

"It's not far," I said, but all of a sudden I felt extremly subconcious. I stood up and pulled my hand thorugh my hair, eliminating any snow. My back was numb, the snow seemed to have done it some good. Jerr shook the rest of the snow out of his hair before lazily standing up. I could feel his eyes on me, but I pretended not to notice. We trecked thorugh the snow, and we came to the cave. It smelt familiar, nostalgic. It smelt of happiness and snow. I closed my eyes and remebered the memories. They came flooding back all of a sudden. I rembered ice and snow and fun. "Ah... we've not been here in ages...."
I stepped into the cave, and was overcome by how much I missed my pack. I brushed the tears from my eyes.

"There's a frozen lake nearby- do you want me to get some ice for some water?"

I looked up, eyes wide. "Really?" I was shocked by his offer- it was usually me who did that. "No...I'm OK. I'll get it," I traced my scar idily. "It's fine...."

I left Jerr in the cave as I made my way to the river. The frozen, sparkling expance lay before me. I grabbed a thick branch and knelt by the side of the river. A shiver ran up my spine.

"Arwen! Arwen! Will you play with me?" The boy in front of me phased into a snow white Wolf, streaked with grey. The Wolf lolloped onto the frozen ice.
"No, I don't want to," The Wolf trotted back and grabbed the bottom of my top. "No, Tristan, I don't want to play- the ice is thawing," The white wolf nipped my arm. "Tristan,
no!" The wolf flattened its ears and skidded onto the ice. Despite myself, I laughed. His legs wobbled as he skated over it. Then came the massive, splitting crack.

I repeatedly bashed the ice, it cracked easily, and I soon had a pile of splintered ice beside me.

"Arwen!" Hands grabbed my shoulder. I screamed and nearly jumped out of my skin, I fell onto the ice, and my momentum took me forward, and I slid over the ice, further and further away from the side.
"Jerr," My voice wobbled. "Get me off. Now," Then came the massive, splitting crack. I knew it wasn't my imagination.

"Tristan?" The Wolf's eyes caught mine. He phased.
"Arwen! Help me!"
"Tristan!" The ice began to crack, and he shook with fear. I clambered onto the ice. "I'm coming!" I crawled slowly over to him, the ice slowly creaking eerily beneath me. He shuddered. The ice in front of my cracked into nothing, and I fell. The cold water enveloped me. Hands grabbed my shoulders as Tristin hauled me upwards. I shuddered with cold. The ice cracked all around us, and we fell into the water again. Ice cracked into my head. Stars erupted from my eyes and my vision went black.

I'd survived, with only a scar below my eye. Tristan hadn't been so lucky.

The cracks got louder. The same river, the same place. Tristan before. Me this time.
"Jerr. Do NOT get on the ice." I slowly crawled to the edge. My mind flitted to the me that had done this at seven years old- but this time it was me in trouble.
Last edited by PrincessOfDarkness on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Pending

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:49 pm
Redfang18 says...

Silver Cutthroat

The girls that differed their opinions about me were about to leave. I could tell they were vampires themselves, but perhaps younger than me. I said calmly, "Wait a minute, ladies. Perhaps we could combine forces and take down Narissa together. I could be useful for you two and anyone else who are against Narissa. What do you say about that?"
The sweeter girl said, "I'm in. My name is Persephone. This is my sister, Mason."
I said kindly, "You already know me, but I must be respectable. My name is Silver Cutthroat, former priest of the Mother Goddess."
Mason snapped, "You can't be a priest. You don't look like one."
I raised my brow and challenged, "If I wasn't a priest, could I do this?" I drew a pentagram on the ground with my finger, then tossed some water on one of the points. The respective point glowed blue. "Could I do that or not if I weren't a priest in my past life?"
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:05 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

*Mason*

"Hmm. Well, you sure don't look like it." She scoffed, strolling over to sit down.

"Mas, I'm hungry." Persephone said softly, staying where she was.

"Go catch a deer. Be careful!" She growled protectively.
- Lewis Carroll

I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline