Young Writers Society

Alethia (Open/Beginning)

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:51 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

ALETHIA

PLOT:
Alethia is a world of magic. It is the place that bred legends of dragons, witches, and other supposed “mythical” creatures. Few humans can both come and go alive, but those who do have now intertwined the reality of Alethia into the folklore of Earth’s history, while keeping this place virtually unknown. The leading race of this land is the Sorcerers, who command the forces of others beneath them. The land is now, however, controlled by a dark sorceress by the name of Narissa Pentalgo (me, mwahaha) who has demanded the murder of all “undesirables.” Behind her stands an army primarily comprised of other sorcerers as well as vampires and dark creatures of supernatural powers. Now the undesirables are having talk of rebellion, but will it ever come?

Undesirables are as listed:
-Enchanters/enchantresses: These people are half-human, half-sorcerer. This means that their powers are either non-existent or dangerously chaotic. Inevitably, these “mutts” are granted with only one extraordinary ability, such as the control of an element or the ability to shape-shift (abilities acquired by sorcerers also). Often they live with their mortal parent, unaware of their powers.

-Werewolves: They are now rare, but packs do still exist, hidden deep in the forests. They appear three times the size of regular wolves (and much, much stronger), and transform as soon as moonlight hits their skin. Some try to lead normal lives, but this often inevitably leads to the death of others or themselves. During the day they may transform as desired.

-Sirens: The human tales often call these mermaids, though in reality they appear completely human when on land, and become dolphins when in water. They are all female, so one can only become a siren by being cursed by another. When in human form they wear long silver dresses, and are usually seen on rocks. Their songs often lure people to their death, where they then feed on human souls and steal whatever they desire from boats of victims. They are often very materialistic.

-Humans: When humans are young, there is a part of their brain that is activated that allows for them to see things such as ghosts, demons, and portals - so they sometimes stumble into this world at a young age. For a limited few, this part of the brain does not deactivate like it does with most humans, and they find these rare portals later in life. Getting out, however, can be a much more difficult task than getting in, so many remain in Alethia…whether they like it or not.

CHARACTERS:
You may be be a sorcerer/sorceress, vampire, or any of the undesirables, as well as other mythical people as long as they’re OK’d by me. I will NOT accept creatures such as elves or goblins. I don’t know why they bug me so much, ha ha. But you know what? Be creative. This world is very much under construction.

Name:
Race:
Appearance (for werewolves, wolf appearance also):
Personality:
History:
Other:

RULES:
-- Basic storybook rules apply
-- No God-modding, or “untouchable” characters
-- Love can come up, but it’s not the emphasis of this storybook, and no graphic sex/intense love scenes. Keep it clean.
-- Families are alright, but really only be one person. I allow families as background characters however.
-- Limit characters to two or three please.

I haven’t make a storybook before, so if there’s anything I’m missing, please let me know. And join! :D Any questions, feel free to ask.
Last edited by StoryWeaver13 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

884 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:08 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

Name: Narissa Pentalgo
Race: Sorceress
Job (if a villager or one of Narissa‘s followers): Leader
Appearance (for werewolves, wolf appearance also): Image
Personality: Falsely sweet and extremely manipulative; vain, envious, and quick to judge. Her past is her only window to her softer side.
History: She was born to a very poor family in the Village, but fell in love with the lead sorcerer's son Virgil. When he took power (a very liked leader), she pleaded that he be with her even though his parents disapproved. Because of his parents' violent responses to such things, he turned her down, though he met with her every night unconditionally. She was imprisoned without Virgil's knowing, becoming extremely bitter and hateful to everyone but Virgil. It was only three years later when Virgil's death brought the news of his will, which gave Narissa power and automatically gave her freedom. She was forever twisted, however, and formed a hatred for anyone she viewed as flawed.
Other: She often shape-shifts into a raven

And, because I'm bored....

Name: Sed
Race: Human
Appearance: relatively long dark blonde hair, and warm brown eyes. He isn't particularly tall but is physically fit from his...unusual job of being a dragon trainer's apprentice.
Personality: He is rarely in a bad mood. He likes to live life to the fullest, and since he works with dragons no one really stops to consider the possibility that a mortal might be messing around with such dangerous creatures. So he doesn't worry about being executed too often.
History: He doesn't have much of one, to be quite honest. He was found by the sea when he was only two, so it's a good possibility that he was aboard a ship that was crashed by sirens. A villager took him in, and since he befriended the son of a dragon handler, he later became his apprentice. Now he trains dragons, and loves every minute of it.
Other: Up for love, I guess...? But not really looking for it. Has a considerably small pet dragon named Legend.
Last edited by StoryWeaver13 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:46 pm
Pundit says...

Name:Tevir
Race:Centaur(undesirable)
Appearance:
Spoiler! :
The-Centaurs-Spear.jpg
The-Centaurs-Spear.jpg (53.07 KiB) Viewed 236 times

Personality:Hates vampires
History:
Other:

What about gorgons?
Last edited by Pundit on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:03 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

Brilliant idea!

Name:Fermoso Caos

Race:Enchantress

Appearance (for werewolves, wolf appearance also): Amber eyes and wild brown hair. Her hair is endlessly falling from whatever style she puts it in and has a golden tinge to it. She's 5'1" and is super skinny but eats like a horse.

Personality:Mos, as she prefers to be called is super energetic and loves to be around people, but intentionally distances herself because of her chaotic powers. She reads all about the world as often as she can, which isn't often at all.

History:Her powers first appeared at 10 years old, and she found out that she can change her form, but couldn't control it. In a moment of animalistic fear she accidentally killed her parents and has felt horrible ever since. She acts carefree and cheerful in her own way of dealing with the guilt but is really still hurting inside. SHe tries her best to suppress her powers but when she doesn't use it it becomes too much for her body and she loses control and goes on a rampage. While gentle and full of the best intentions she tends to let people down because she's simply too scared of her own abilities.

Other:Open for a relationship, but be prepared to work for it lol
Llamas do not have six packs

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:45 pm
Sassafras says...

Spot saved fr Siren.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 am
VuzzyCat says...

Name: Nella (Janelle) Thorn

Race: halfling (half human half bird, human body, bird wings.) She can also sahpe shift into a flying fox, the body of a fox with wings. (tell me if this isn't okay)

Appearance (for werewolves, wolf appearance also):
Nella has brown hair and blue eyes. She is about five and a half feet tall and is skinny. Her wings are white and she has a long fluffy redish-brown tail. When she is in danger, she transforms her body into a fox.

Spoiler! :

Personality:
Nella is a fighter. She's quiet and shy. Her best quality is that she is protective. Nella isn't very trusting, but once you gain her trust, it is hard for you to loose it and she trusts you entirely. She would only give her life for a small hand full of people in the world, but to those people, she would risk toture if it protected them.

History:
Nella was born in a small village. Her father was a fox halfling, and her mother was a bird halfling. Her life was pretty boring until she turned sixteen and left home. Since then, she has been on her own, hunting and stealing for food.

Other: Up for a relationship, but it's hard to make her trust you, so good luck!
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story.
<3 VuzzyCat

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:31 pm
gleek456 says...

Sorry, can't do the storybook.
Last edited by gleek456 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:59 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Name: Arwen
Race: WereWolf
Appearance (for werewolves, wolf appearance also): Tall, with short light brown hair, with a few white streaks she has a small scar below her eye. She has piercing, bright silver blue eyes, and pointed ears, and permanatly sharp teeth, but still comes across as pretty. She is strong but thin.

Her WereWolf is a very light brown, with the same eyes. It has the same scar below it's/her eye.

Spoiler! :

But with these eyes:

Personality: Loves the WereWolf side of her, and is brave, determined and headstrong. She is empathatic, but can be cruel to people who are nasty. She has a bit of a temper, but is honest and trustworthy.
History: Arwen was brought up knowing all about werewolves, she was told about them through stories, and one night, when she was young, about five, six, she slipped out into the night. She met one, but instead of killing her, or even changing her, the werewolf left her. She wandered back home, confused, and the next full moon- changed. She was an Original WereWolf, meaning she didn't have to be changed, only come into contact with a WereWolf for her own to be released, although she does not know this, but will lead her to think: Are her parents who they claim to be? Could someone play the WereWolf she met when she was young? If not, I'll make one, but I thought it would be a interesting starting point, maybe him/her recognising Arwen, but not sure how, and then later on realise. If not, OK, I'll make one. x)
Other: Up for Love, sure.
Signature Pending

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:17 pm
Redfang18 says...

This sounds fun. Mind if I cut in with a vampire?

Name: Silver Cutthroat
Race: Vampire
Appearance: pale as white marble with raven hair, strong body build, bloodred eyes, and two fangs on his top jaw. When seen shirtless, he has a black snake on his back. Seeing him shirtless is very rare, since he hardly takes his shirt off in public. He wears red to match his eyes during the night, but during the day he's dressed in green.
Personality: Modest, but very loyal to anyone he calls friends. He's very social to anyone, especially to women. He's rumored to be quite the lady's man, but he's more polite to sirens than Narissa. Why could that be the case, nobody knows but Silver himself.
History: Silver once was a priest in old magic when he was changed to a vampire by a foreign vampire. He spent centuries trying to make use of himself since he lost his job as a priest, but what driven him to near insanity was the loss of his wife and child two months after he was changed. They were burned to stake in front of him and he would've joined them if his maker- a vampire girl whose age appearance is 18- didn't save him by throwing herself in the bonfire. After that night, Silver was on his own looking for a place to fit in. He's lost his sense of security after two centuries have past. He knows how old he really is, but he made himself promise not to reveal it since Narissa assumes he knows more than he should.
Other: Unlike most vampires, Silver walks during the day like a normal human being. He also has a thing for sirens, since he likes to sing along with them. As for love, he's straight.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:39 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Name:Ericka Wood

Race:Sorceress

Appearance (for werewolves, wolf appearance also): She is not too tall, only 5'5. She has long wavy blonde hair, alabaster white skin and green eyes.
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's very quite and thoughtful, doesn't really talks for she thinks she might say something inappropriate so she keeps most things to herself. She is very loyal and hardworking, she likes to earn things, no to be given things. She's not very friendly because she is really quite, but when she has a friend, she protects and keeps it no matter what. She is also very cunning and clever, she is always one step ahead of everyone else.

History: Ericka was born into a family of sorcerers, her mother was a very powerful one but even she couldn't defeat death so she died when she was very young. Her father was also a sorcerer and he taught her everything he knew, and promised her that one day she was going to be even more powerful than her mother. Her father died after a werewolf attacked him, and since then she developed an amazing hatred towards them. so she joined Narcissa in her desire to finish with all the undesirables.

Other: Totally up for love.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:28 am
Sunshine says...

Spot saved for Siren and maybe a random male of some kind... Sorcerer perhaps?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

884 Reviews

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:50 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

Great, hopefully we'll have everybody finishing their characters soon; I'll start the storybook tomorrow.
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:33 pm
Sunshine says...

Name: Lily Everwaters

Race: Siren

Age: Looks about seventeen but is actually around two or three hundred years old

Appearance (for werewolves, wolf appearance also): Long, silky black hair that is pin-straight. She normally wears it in a french or over the shoulder braid. Pale, light skin. Lily is about 5'5 and slim, like most Sirens, weighing in at around 120 pounds. Willowy figure. Her eyes are the same color as the water, a mixture of clear blue and green. She has full, pink lips that may or may not be from being a siren. Dark lashes. She likes to wear lilies in her hair.
Her dress:

Personality: Like any Siren, Lily is a master in flirtation. She knows all the tricks in the book and knows how to use them. Her personality tends to shape to the male she is trying to woo. She is the stereotypical Siren, which bothers her if she thinks about it to much. She's naturally sweet and calm, balancing out some of the more fierecer sirens. However, she is very clumsy above water, a suprising weakness, and a perfectionist.

History: She doesn't remember much from her past. She just remembers waking up by the seashore and feeling different. She had tons of Jewlry and gold on her, but she was already wearing her silver dress. She remembers the sensation of being angry with someone or something and throwing all the riches into the water. She remembers someone calling her name, a familiar voice, and it sparked anger in her. The male had tapped her shoulder, trying to speak to her. Lily had hit him in the face and blacked out again. When she woke up the male was gone and she could only remember her name: Lily Everwaters.

Other: Up for love.

Name: Gale Vermay

Race: Enchanter

Appearance (for werewolves, wolf appearance also): Hair that is such an odd color of blond, it appears to be gray. His hair is worn in a traditional way, chopped short with one single braid hanging down from the side. He stands at 5'7 and has a normal form; not to skinny or to muscular. He had two different colored eyes, one hazel and one green. Gale has a strong affirmation to the color purple for some reason, and many of his clothes are that shade. He keeps a herb pouch at his neck.

Personality: A man who perfers to keep to himself, Gale is not a social creature. He'd rather spend time reading books instead of socializing. As a result, Gale is a very smart and well read. He is a bit awkward when it does come time to talk to people and he often finds himself saying the randomest things, so he tends to stay quiet. Gale is very calm, even to the point of frustrating others. He is not one for destruction and war, and doesn't really see the point of it. He is a kind soul, however, to anyone who he finds deserving of it. Gale is a very understanding person, and can read people with ease.

History: Gale's mother was a very powerful soceress who made the mistake of falling in love with a playboy enchanter. She was distraught when Gale was born, for she did not want children. Gale's father was alarmed that he had sired a child and ran away. Gale's mother gave him to his grandmother, another powerful sorceress, who raised him in the way of white magic. His powers appeared early on in life, when he brought life back to one of his grandmothers plants at the age of five. His grandmother, realizing he's very powerful, sent him into the forest at the age of sixteen to find himself.

Other: Up for love! He isn't really sure what his main power is yet, for he has an affinity for both plants and nature and people's moods.

TELL ME IF YOU NEED EITHER TO BE ADAPTED OR CHANGED! Thank you! :)
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Sassafras says...

Sorry I changed.
Name: Jerreus Fling
Race: Werewolf

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Jerreus has slightly pointed canines and sharp nails when in human mode. He also has tribal tattoos snaking up his side and up his back in the shape of various circles, spirals, and curves. Jerreus usually wears his hair in a ponytail or hanging.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Sneaky like the wolf he is. He's deceiving and tricky, and can be dangerously persuading. He always has a sly lazy smile on his face and shifting eyes. He can talk his way out of mostly everything but when that fails he fights. He likes to talk, almost too much, and will do whatever is needed to be done to get what he wants. Though he can come across as the jerk and slightly creepy guy he's mostly determined and strong willed. He knows what he wants and how to get it.

History: He was born into the pack but never really got into the swing of things, so to say. He ran away twice before but always came back. Though he doesn't want to admit it, without the pack and his fellow wolves he is nothing. When Jerr was still a child he got picked on by the other members because he was always the runt of the litter, the teasing in his childhood toughened him up and now it’s unlikely that you’ll ever see his barriers broken down.

Other: Up for love if you can see past the mouth and attitude.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

884 Reviews

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:43 pm
StoryWeaver13 says...

NARISSA PENTALGO

Her long red dress whispered along the floor as she moved towards the large double-doors. Narissa tipped her gaze upwards to the plaque above: Conference Room. Biting her lip, she nudged it open with a meticulous hand and found herself in a room accompanied by a multitude of shadowed faces below. From her place on this stand, a great podium that stretched out above a sea of eager eyes, Narissa coughed and the room fell silent. The words she spoke flew like bats around the rotund ceiling.

“Thank you for coming,” she whispered in a shaky tone. Her smile was beautiful yet eerie upon her emaciated face. “As though you’re safe any other way.”

No one spoke. Many eyes gleamed red - vampires. Others were sorcerers, among certain other accepted kinds. The few who could live at ease.

She paced the floor, looking at her hands the entire time. Many suspected that she was slightly insane after her years in the lightless prison she'd inhabited. “By now you know my reasons for such slaughter. Weeding out unacceptable creatures. Sirens, werewolves, half-human “mutts” we call enchanters. But the question I have is, how?”

“I have a few ideas,” a vampire called out, indicating towards his prominent needle-like teeth. A few others muttered quiet laughter. Blood-thirsty as always, she could only suppose.

Narissa ignored them. “I now know that many of you are willing to fight and kill for Alethia’s Higher Race. But the ones I am interested in now are the rest of you. The thinkers. The questioners. The rebellious. I leave the options on the table as such: join me and become rich, powerful, admired; do nothing, and forever be forgotten; or help the undesirables and share their fate.”

From the pocket of her dress she pulled a small hourglass. Her long finger pointed to it, pronouncing every syllable in a strangely sing-songy way. “Time is ticking.” Her expression fell from its determined face. Her stare looked icy. “Make your choice.”

And with that, she disappeared for Alethia to take their side.

One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World