z

Young Writers Society

Close Your Eyes To See (Started/2 spots open)

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:46 pm
Sassafras says...

Close Your Eyes To See

Dreams are no longer private, but a playground for the evils in the world to torture while they can, before you wake up. And even then the scars remain. Nowhere is safe. Not when your mind overpowers reality.

Plot:

No one knows how it started or even why, but it did and that's all that matters.

One night someone fell asleep and woke up nearly dead, scratches all over his body and his neck nearly clawed out. They rushed him to the emergency room and, after he was all bandaged up, the nurse asked him what happened. The boy replied, "I had a nightmare... That's all... I just had a nightmare."

After that boy more incidents of the like started to appear, all of them becoming worse. If you feel asleep next to someone and they had a nightmare you would be sucked into their dreams and forced to fight or die. Once you were sucked into their dreams once you became a recorring apperance every night you slept or they slept, nightmare or not - most likely to former.

The small city became known of as Succubus.

Soon Succubus died out and with it went the strange disease, or so the world thought. It's twenty years later not, 2013, and everyone but the history books has forgotten about the "Nightmare Syndrome" but it's about to make it's apperance once again.

This is set in modern Succubus where the only person who remebers the Nightmare Syndrome is the crazy old lady up the street who only stares with yellowed eyes but never talks.

Your Role:

One night you fell asleep at a end of year party thrown at your friends house and woke up bleeding and in pain, along with the others around you. You don't know what happened and are too afraid to tell anyone or even think about it around anyone but the people you experienced the nightmare with. You have to go along with the rest of the people you were with, fight sleep, and try to find an explanation and a cure.

Profile:

Name:

Personality:

Appearance:

History:

Other:

Spots:
1. Elijah Hajile - Male - Reise Piecey
2. Nylla O'neal - Female - Alabasterwolveness
3. Anavera Shine - Female - Ladyofthedeathroses
4. Asher Payne - Male - Loveless
5. Jayse Romney - Male - OnigiriChan
6. Mia Pallares - Female - Ignorance
7. Conway - Male - Cspr
8. Tahlia Skyse - Female - Loudand Proud
9. (Male)
10. (Female)
Join! :)
Last edited by Sassafras on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 13 times in total.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 pm
Sassafras says...

Name: Elijah Hajile

Personality: Eli has an anxiety disorder so, naturally, he's always on edge. He always thinks hes being watched so his movements and words are very carefully chosen and it's almost as if he's scripted. He takes a moment to think before replying to anything or saying anything. He's wary of strangers and if he doesn't know you and you talk to him he'll probably put you through a small, but intense, interview. He's a generally nice guy but his narrowed eyes and shifty expression puts some people off.

Apperance: Long black hair that brushes that stops at the bottom of his neck and deep black eyes. He has an athelitic frame and usually wears blazers and jeans.

Spoiler! :

History: Elijah is an orphan that was brought over from Japan. He speaks English fluently but will speak in Japanese when he becomes very emotional. He lives with his foster mother and his foster dad is in the army. He has a foster sister named Catilin , she is seven years old and he loves her very much and is super protective of her.

Other: Keeps a gun strapped in a holster on his leg as a result of his anxiety. He figures that if he's every in a tough situation it's best to have a way out. This said, do not sneak up on him, you might get gun pointed at you face. He also takes karate classes and is a black belt.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:56 pm
alabasterwolveness says...

Name: Nylla O'neal

Personality: Mainly shes extremely shy, she never shows her true emotions around people she doesnt know. Though around people she knows, shes her true self. She can be extremely evil, she has multipul personalities. Her shy personality, then her evil one, and then it goes to her normal. You can always tell when her eyes change into a different fade of color.

Apperance: Shes average hight, she has long black hair that flows down to her ankles. Her eyes are the shade of the carribean ocean when she is her normal self. When she is shy, they turn into a lighter blue with a few sketches of green within them. Now when she turns dark, her eyes turn a dark ocean blue. Mostly shes skinny, but she is strong for a girl. She wears ripped jeans with some chains, a tight fitting black shirt with a random graphic on it, depending her mood.

History: When Nylla was little, her family was murdered. So really shes the last of her blood line that lives right now. Shes been transfered through the country trying to find the right guardian that would best help her through her trama. Mostly she never speaks of the past, and till one day she found Jenny. Who lives in Succubus, that understands and is really connected to her. Therefor Nylla decided to live with Jenny in this town so she will be able to come better and able to accept her families fate.

Other: Nylla is really short tempered, shes always in the dojo working on something such as karate, ju-do, ect. Shes also a master at the karate that she does. This helps her really understand herself in a different way then most people. She has a lovely companion, a white wolf named Saya. Saya has always been there for Nylla since they both were little. Saya is Nylla's protecter and best friend! ^-^
~Lady Death~
Down in the dark, alone at night. Bleeding and Torn... Broken in the light

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Anavera Shine

Personality: Jumpy around guys, pessimistic, quiet, quick tempered, soft and at times gentle.

Apperance: Long silky black hair that brushes the middle of her thighs, silver eyes, naturally tan skin, high cheekbones dark circles under her eyes, and 5'8. Usually wears a black t shirt with some sort of quote on it and black skinny jeans.

History: She was adopted from an orphanage when she was 7 where the male volunteers would abuse the girls at night. She developed a sleeping disorder afterwards and is still extremely jumpy around guys.

Other: She has taken self defense classes and is extremely good at it. Has a grey wolf with a bronze colored ring of fur that she named Ramses who refuses to leave her side. Always has her Ipod with her you try and take it you'll end up losing your hand. Carries several pocketknives as well. Up for love . She's a very good thief/pickpocket.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:20 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Name: Asher Payne

Personality: Asher is a completely chill guy. He's calm, collected, and likes to just hang out and have fun. He doesn't like conflict or problems in his life and will try his best to avoid drama and trouble. He likes to smile and joke around but when things get tough he tends to stress.

Asher is very naive and is stuck inside this mind set that nothing can go wrong. Ash is always smiling and joking around.

Apperance:
Spoiler! :

History: Ashes was born in Succubus and lived a fairly normal life. He lives with his mother and father and is an only child. He's not too rich but has enough money to get the things he needs and the things he wants. Asher doesn't know the meaning of "hard time" he lives an easy going life. His life is almost too normal, he doesn't know how to deal with turmoil in his life and the only trouble he gets into is the regular teenage missing curfew, loud music, and occasional dropping grades.

Other: Ash likes to read and will often hang out in the library and his favorite thing to eat is nachos.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:44 pm
Iggy says...

Spot saved for a female please!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:08 am
OnigiriChan says...

Call the last spot! A male please.

Name: Jayse Romney

Personality: Jayse is very sarcastic and fun. He just likes to party. He has no worries about anything, he doesn't care about anything, and he does whatever he wants when he wants to do it. He just doesn't care and has nothing holding him back. He's loud, says what's on his mind, and can be obnoxious. He just likes to have fun.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
His eyes are a grey-blue and his hair is dark brown with that one blond strip. When he's not wearing his hat it's unruly and messy, fanned out all around his head and a few pieces hang into his face.

History: Jay grew up with only his mother to look after him and she didn't do a very good job of that. She didn't care much about Jayse's school work so Jayse didn't care much about his school work. He's allowed at home to do whatever he wants so Jay does whatever he wants and he doesn't have any consequences for his actions.

Jay likes to pretend that his mom never being around and not caring for him doesn't bother him but it actually does. He's usually good at hiding his pain and is very envious of people with a stable home that have parents that care.

Other: Jay skate boards and spends most of his time at the skate park. He's up for love.
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:24 pm
Sassafras says...

We can start after Ignorance gets her profile up.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:27 am
View Likes
Cspr says...

Name: Conway Feld

Personality: Conway is--off-beat. Sometimes he writes particularly good horrible poems, or draws something insane--both of which get praise. He decides not to say that’s just his way of working out anger and that any “talent” he has will probably fizzle out when he stops being so mad at everything. He’s a quick-learner and very good at problem-solving, otherwise, and he makes a superb referee. He’s a leader-type, has that sort of forceful, but understanding personality. Yet, he’s unnerving--he stares too long, talks too quickly, and acts too sporadically for anyone to really trust him. Hence, he’s sort of a loner, because general consensus is that he’s a weirdo, that there’s just something wrong with him. Luckily, not everyone in Succubus thinks that.

Appearance: I’ll provide a picture soon, but I’ll probably have to draw it. He’s unusual-looking--not Gary-Stu unusual (I sincerely hope as it's natural, except for current-science body mod), but unusual. For now, here’s a written description:

Conway is a relatively tall guy, around 6’2”, and wiry-strong. He isn’t some body-builder, but even the people who dislike him also have a healthy level of respect. He has short-cropped black hair and big (near surprised-looking), dark-colored eyes, maybe brown, but some call them blue or green. It’s all lighting. He has relatively tanned skin and a dark, pretty mouth. He has strong, regal features--straight-edge nose, strong jaw-line, middle-height cheekbones. His skin is generally covered in hundreds of mock tattoos--Sharpie, henna, anything he can stain himself with and make himself into a living piece of art. Most of it is relatively horrible, a mosh of religion symbols, skeletons, and on, but some of it seems like senseless scribbles; hidden amongst it all is a shiny, near circular burn on his right arm.

History: If you asked him, he’s probably just say “normal” and leave it at that. If you asked anybody who knows him, they’d say him and his dad have lived in a little white house on the bend of one of Succubus’s older streets since they can remember. Further than that, they might say that the house could use some work, but his father is too busy, always busy, being a hotshot criminal lawyer, but some old squeaky-voiced white dude comes through and keeps the yard nice; they might mention Conway has won a few poetry awards, or that he’s a pretty nice, decent guy. Reliable.
But, those people have never been inside his house, because they don’t take guests. They don’t take guests because his mother is an insane woman that screams at walls.

Other:
My SPD senses are tingling.

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:06 am
LoudandProud says...

Name: Tahlia Skyse

Personality: Quiet, Sporty, Innocent, Jumpy, Nervous, Easily embarrassed, Fun to pick on, One of the Guys.

Appearance: Thin red curls that flow just past her shoulders, olive green eyes, and her whole body is covered in freckles. When she blushes her cheeks turn a dreadful color of red and standing shorter than most people she's always looking up. Tahlia is always neat in her apperence and she's usually got a great big pearly white smile on her lips. (Anna Lutoskin would be an accurate model for her.)

History: Tahlia is the preacher's daughter, innocent, untouchable, and irresistable. She never knew her mother, seeing how she died when Tahlia was 2, and was pretty much raised by her 4 older brother. She's very sporty and isn't a push over, although she's fun to pick on.Tahlia isn't girly at all and honestly she hates that frilly, girly, preppy crap. She's often found in the library or theater just reading or practicing a script for something. Sure she still plays lots of sports but she's starting to lose intrest in them. Which is sad because she's actually alright at most of them....

Other:
I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:23 pm
Sassafras says...

Okay, we have enough people to start. Just one more profile needs to be filled.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:16 am
Iggy says...

Name: Mia Pallares. (Pah-LAUR-es)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Mia is a smart-ass girl who takes bullshit from no one. She is cunning, decieving, alluring, mysterious, and breath-takingly beautiful. She is sarcastic and cocky, often making snide remarks and being playful. She's hardly serious.

History: Mia was only seven when her parents were killed by a street mugger. Having no living relatives, Mia was sent to live with her god-mother, Ann. Ann was a twenty-something rocks fanatic who dressed Mia in leather and streaked her hair. Mia enjoyed rock music and it became her life. She loves Ann very much, they're like sisters than mother-daughter.

Other: She's up for love
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:04 pm
Sassafras says...

Elijah Hajile - Friday/School

"So, Eli, are you coming to the party?"

I star blankly back at Christina, wondering why the hell she decided to stop my walking home just to ask me to some stupid party. I grin anyway at how stupid she's being.

"A party?"

"Please, Elijah." She sticks out in bottom lip in a pathetic attempt at begging. It just makes her look silly.

"You look silly." She huffs and plants her hands on her hips, fixing me with a narrow glare.

"Listen, Elijah," she stresses every syllable of my name, "I went out of my way to invite you to this party and you can't just say know."

"I've no intrest in being around people I don't know."

"No, they're only people from our class," she shouts, knowing that I have a reluctance to be around people I don't know. In our school we're put in one class with a few other people and we're stuck in that class for the rest of the year. The teachers come to us, we don't go to the teacher.

"Who exactly," I ask.

"Nylla, Anavera, Asher, Jaybe, Mia, Conway, and Tahila." I nod and continue walking, she trots along beside me.

"I might come," I mumble in a low voice.

"You will come," she replies. I roll my eyes and smirk.

"Fine, I'll be there. What type of party is it exactly?"

"Just a general class party like the one I threw last year. Next week is prom and I throw a party for my class every week before prom. You weren't in my class last year so you wouldn't know."

"Right. So when's it?"

"Tonight," she says with a smile. I turn on her and glare.

"Tonight? And your just telling me now?"

"I just never got around to it," she spits back. I glare at her but the expression doesn't last long and I chuckle lowly.

"Whatever, Tina. I'll see you later."

Party**

I walk through the door of Tina's house, not rude since it was allready opened. Music was blasting and I couldn't help but think where the hell her parents were, but Tina's parents are never home so I guess that was fine. It's crowded in here and I realize at once that Tina lied. This was more than just people from our class. Suddenly I can feel my skin crawling and my breath quicken.

There's people all around and I can hardly breathe. My body moves and before I realize it i'm pushing through people, trying to make it outside so that I could breathe. After forcing my way rudely past a few people I run out the back door and into the backyard. It's much less crowded out here and I can actually breathe. I sink down onto the ground and run my hand through my hair.

I could go in a few minutes later once I got used to the amount of people back that much at one time was unexpected and frightening. I just needed a few minutes.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:17 pm
Iggy says...

Mia

"Mia! Dude, there's a party at Chelsea's house! You know, the hot blonde!" Russ slapped her on the back. He reeked of alcohol.

"Oh, God. That stank's throwing a party and you want to go?" Jannie scoffed at her boyfriend, linking her hands with his.

"Hey, she's pretty hot." Mark yelled, high-fiving Russ. Jannie and Mia shared an eye-roll.

"We should go and get hella wasted, you know Chel's brother will have a shitload of bear." Kendall took a drag of his cigarette, then dropped it on the floor and stomped on it.

"God, I wish. I gotta go to some chick's house. Tina, I think." Mia grumbled, taking a cigarette from Kendall and putting it in her mouth. She then ducked her head into Russ's hand so he could light it for her.

"Ugh, her? Bail on it." Russ sneered.

Mia shook her head and blew out a puff of smoke. "Nah, my mom's making me go."

"That's hella dirty!" Jannie cried, patting Mia on the hand. "Just say you went."

"She's driving me there and you know Tina's mom's gonna be there to greet us. I can't." Mia snarled angrily. SHe stomped on her cigarette and waved good-bye. "See ya."
- Lewis Carroll

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 pm
alabasterwolveness says...

Nylla sits down on the grass, noticing a few others walking towards her. She watches them wearily, her shyness coming out once more like it had done earlier in class today when she made a total fool of herself.

"Nylla! Come on Im taking you to a party, I swear Im going to get you out of this shyness of yours! I know it will work this time!" Jake hollared as he grabs her arm and pulls her up.

"Seriously? I dont want to go," Nylla groans before Jake pulls out a cigarette and puts it in her mouth. Nylla lets out a deep sigh as Jake lights it. Since hes the one that got her into smoking in the first place.

"Fine if I go you dont need to be acting stupid and me having to bail your ass out!" She glares, her eyes changing into a dark ocean blue showing her personality shift. Jake smirks at her comment.

"Sure girly sure," He chuckles, knewing he had won the argument. They both walk over to Tina's house, the party going like crazy. As soon as Nylla gets inside, she quickly looses Jake and heads outside. Still in her shyness phase just a bit. She sits on the pourches railing.

She pulls out another cigarette and lights it, slowly trying to get back into her scary personality. She leans back, forgetting shes on the rail. She almost falls down, but quickly she ambles and recovers her fall. She looks over at Elijah sitting down in the grass. Smirking she walks over to him and plops down.

"Hey bud, why you lookin so out of it," She chuckles a bit, waiting for his response.
~Lady Death~
Down in the dark, alone at night. Bleeding and Torn... Broken in the light

If you have to ask, "Is this cliche?", it probably is.
— - no name -