z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Closed)

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Really? Didn't know that.

It's cool then. I edited, and sorry again Rain. :?
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:49 pm
gleek456 says...

(Um, Pudin, I think Dakotah is a boy, but good post!)

"What? No reading material?" a familiar voice asked teasingly. I looked up to see Dakotah. Me and Daniel begin to greet Dakotah as he set his bag on the rack and sat down with Daniel. We chatted for a bit, Daniel making jokes about entertaining me, Dakotah disagreeing, it was the same us. I suddenly notice the cart passing. I quickly stand up and direct myself to the doorway, holding some coins. The cart stopped by me.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" the trolley lady asked. I smile sweetly.

"Four cauldron cakes, and a copy of the Quibbler and the Daily Prophet please," I ordered, giving her the money. Wen I received all my ordered items, I return to my seat. Daniel looks at me with a funny face.

"Big appetite there Heidi?" he asked while chuckling.

"No, I just had enough for all of us, and Malcolm, whereve he is," I said with emphasis on the No. I handed them each one cauldron cake and began reading the Quibbler while munching on my cake.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:34 am
Funkymomo says...

Maggie Putnam

"A chocolate frog and Bertie Bott's every favorite beans, please," I said, handing over my money. The woman gave us each our stuff and went to the next area. I smiled slightly at Kadence and went back to my drawing.

" What are you drawing?" he asked after a few minutes. I reluctantly showed him the half done drawing of him. His eyebrows went up a little then relaxed as he looked at the picture.

" You're drawing me?" he asked.

I blushed a little. " Well, yeah, I've always had a problem drawing people, and you were there-I didn't think you were gonna ask." I looked down, a little embarrassed. I wasn't obsessed with him or anything, I hoped he didn't take my drawing the wrong way.

He paused for a moment, looking over the picture. " Well, this is really great! It's better than anything I could do. But, your faces are a little off, I think they're a little to big." He was flipping through it now, looking at all my pictures. " Maybe if you practice on the top halves of bodies, then you can get the heads right. Other than that, I think it's amazing."

" Wow, thanks Kadence. I could never figure out what was wrong before. That'll help a lot." I said. After this, we both seemed to not know exactly what to talk about, so we were quiet.

After a long, slightly awkward pause, he spoke up. " So, is art all you're good at? Are you gonna try out for Quidditch?"

I laughed. Quidditch? no way, I'm horrible at sports. The only spot I'd have a chance at would be Seeker, and i'd probably fall off my broom doing that." I paused. " what about you?"
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

82 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 am
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I look over at the two boys stuffing themselves with the cauldron cakes. I surpass a laugh. I continue reading until I hear the door slide open to reveal Jazliac and Malcolm. I put down my copy and stand up to greet them.

"Jazliac! Malcolm!" I said as I gave each if them a hug.

"I found Mac on my way to Ravenclaw's side," Jazliac explained. I smile. Malcolm shoved his bag on the rack and sat with the boys. I hand Malcolm the cauldron cake.

"I'm sorry Jazliac, I didn't have enough for five, and I didn't know you were coming, so," I said apologetically. Jazliac smiled.

"It's fine!" he said.

180 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:49 am
pudin.junidf says...

Daniel

The cakes were delicious, Daniel enjoyed each bite of it, since he hadn't eaten one in two months. Both Dakotah and Heidi were busy doing some reading, while Daniel was deep in though as he stared out the window. He was enjoying the moment of silence, silence helped him think and analyze things. But he decided to read the newspaper, so he asked

As he was reading, the door opened and he saw it was Jazliac and Malcolm. Heidi greeted them both. It was nice seeing the group together, especially since Malcolm arrived, and they had been friends for a long time now. So he got up and greeted them both.

"Malcolm, pal you're finally here. Where were you?" Daniel said happily as he greeted him. Then he went on to say hi to Jazliac to who he gave a big hug.

"Coming here when Jazliac found me." He said as he said with Dakotah and me.

Ps. Gleek, yupp, now I know, I edited. :D
Last edited by pudin.junidf on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:23 am
fictionfanatic says...

I know I switched to third person, I'm experimenting.

Jazliac

Malcolm and Jazliac slid open the door and were instantly greeted by Heidi.

"Jazliac! Malcolm!" She said, giving them each a hug.

"I found Mac on my way to Ravenclaw's side," Jazliac explained. Heidi smiled. Malcolm shoved his bag on the rack and sat with the boys. Heidi handed Malcolm the cauldron cake.

"I'm sorry Jazliac, I didn't have enough for five, and I didn't know you were coming, so," Heidi said apologetically.

He gave her a smile and said, "It's fine!"

Daniel got up and greated us as well.

"Malcolm, pal you're finally here. Where were you?" Daniel said happily.

Daniel then went over to Jazliac, and as he hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek as Malcolm said, "Coming here when Jazliac found me."

Malcolm sat beside Dakotah and Daniel, and I said to the gang, "Well, it's high time for me to head back to my own section and talk to my own group. I'll see you all in classes tomorrow. Enjoy your cakes."
Live, Love, Laugh

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:33 am
Liv says...

Jamie - Ravenclaw

Sliding the Ravenclaw's door open, I smiled at Maggie and Kadence who were already in there.

"Hey you two!" I said excitedly, "You guys ready for a new school year? I am. I was going mad this summer at home."

I took in their usual reaction to me. Every year, the kids in Ravenclaw, and even kids outside Ravenclaw, never understood why I was put in Ravenclaw. I'm hardly anything like the rest of them. Oh well, they were all cool kids.

Putting my luggage up on the rack, I took a seat next to Maggie and examined her drawing of Kadence.

"Nice Mags."

She smiled, then said softly, "The head's a little disproportionate."

I shrugged, "Eh, it goes to match his ego."

That got a laugh out of them both. Everyone knew Kadence was far from egoistical. I stroked Thalia, and she looked up at me with her green adn blue eyes, hers a mirror of mine.

82 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:06 am
gleek456 says...

Paperbackheart, you can use your character. Apple gave up their spot, I gave it to you.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:05 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

AstralĀ¬

I quickly slumped down in the Gryphindor Station, pulling out my book. I dropped it when someone called my name.

LorcanĀ¬

"Mudblood," I sneered at one of the boys as they went past, and the whole carrage erupted into laughter. I turned back to them, "Shut-up making so much racket, you fools!" They quietened. "Now, let's go scare some Hufflepuffs,"
Signature Pending

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:42 pm
Justagirl says...

Nakita - Slytherin

After saying goodbye to my mum and dad I found a booth on the train that looked open with only a couple other bags in it. Sitting down, I pulled out one of my books and started to re-read A History Of Magic - by Bathilda Bagshot.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:55 pm
Kaywiia says...

Mac-Huffelpuff

I waved goodbye to Jazliac as he walked out, and I took another bite of my couldron cake. I was glad to be going back to Hogwarts, and more than happy to be back with my friends.

"Thanks for the cake," I said, mouth still full. Hedi smiled, and I shoved the rest into my already nearly-full mouth. "I almost missed the train today."

"Really?" Daniel raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I tried using an alarm charm, so I'd get up on time. I messed it up completely." I licked my fingers, "And Forbes somehow ended up with another eye-"

"Is he okay?" Hedi perked up. I ran my hand through my hair, and took a breath.

"Well, mom kinda fixed him. But one wing is like an inch shorter than the other now. When we get to Hogwarts I'm going to take him to Hagrid and see if he can help."

"Poor Forbes, yet another victim of Mac's inability to cast even the most simple spell." Dakotah said, and we all laughed along.

"So are you all excited to be going back?" I asked, hopefully handing the spotlight off to someone else.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

180 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:55 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Daniel-Hufflepuff

"So are you all excited to be going back?" Mac asked us, with the obvious desire of simply taken attention of off him.

"Yes of course," Heidi said with a smile, "It's my last year in Hogwarts."

Heidi, Malcolm and himself were entering the sixth year now. Daniel was excited but he was going to miss being there and all his friends. He was lucky to find friends such as Heidi, Malcolm and Dakotah. But he knew that a new stage in his life was coming so that made him more excited.

"Yeah!" Daniel answered cheerfully. "We're in sixth year now, is the best thing ever. I hope everything goes well." He finished with a wide smile in his face while his fellow companions agreed with him.

But while they were speaking a sudden group of boys from Slytherin appeared in their door. For Daniel, that only meant trouble if they didn't solve things rationally.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

82 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:17 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I looked towards where Daniel was looking. The Slytherins were at the door. I see Daniel reaching for his wand, but I shake my head. Dakotah and Malcolm's attention were also to the Slytherins.

"If they reach for their wands, run to the Ravenclaws or Gryffindors, we can't use our wands on the train, and Slytherins are sure to break that rule," I instructed them. They nodded. When one of the Slytherins, took out her wand, I reached for my wand and began running.

"They're headed for Ravenclaw!" I heard one of them shout. They slid open the door and began running after us.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:27 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

Nakita - Slytherin

I heard a commotion sounding like it was coming from the Hufflepuff end of the train. I rolled my eyes - the stupid Hufflepuffs, they always made such a big fuss over anything. Still, I couldn't help putting down my book and going to see what was up.

When I reached their part of the train I saw a couple of Slytherins standing with their wands out, sneering at the cowering Hufflepuffs. Then, a few Ravenclaws came through a door, following a Hufflepuff. Cowardly people, they had to get Ravenclaw to fight their battles.

I pulled out my wand just for fun - I knew the other Slytherins wouldn't break the no magic rule, they were just freaking out the Hufflepuffs.

"Wow," I sneered at the cluster of cowardly Hufflepuffs with their backup of Ravenclaws. "So scared you had to run and grab the - supposedly - smart Ravenclaws, huh?"
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:39 pm
Emmzziee says...

Taylor Venus Snow - Slytherin.
'Fierce, withdrawn'

Rushing down the aisle of the Hogwarts Express with my head bowed, I bit into a cockroach cluster wistfully.
I was thinking... Not of much. I was thinking about all of the people that, if I knew how, I'd cast a spell that'd make us swap places.
Maybe they'll learn us that this year.
But then I thought that maybe people would probably rather die than swap places with me.
Hm.
Oh well.
I wondered about the most painful way to die; yet I was still thinking of nothing in particular.
Then all of a sudden I retched and pulled a squirming cockroach from my mouth.
It gave me a disproving glance before squiggling down the corridor, outraged. I shuddered.

A guy stood by my side. I think he was a Gryffindor, but I couldn't really see as my head was still bowed down.
He might have been a pretty kind of guy.
Maybe...
No.
Maybe not.
"Eesh, why do you eat these things?" He said to me, smiling, as he picked up the bag of Cockroach Clusters I'd dropped.

"Eesh, why would you talk to me?" I thought, upset, as I scuttled past him.

I found a cabin, finally, finally, down at the end.
Whilst stroking my beautiful rat, Boo, who was in my pocket, I sank into a dusty chair and slept.
Last edited by Emmzziee on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I want to play a game.

Revision is one of the exquisite pleasures of writing.
— Bernard Malamud