z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Closed)

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:21 am
Funkymomo says...

Maggie Putnam

As I woke up on my first day of my fourth year of Hogwarts, I was excited. 1st, 2nd, and third years were all yound, but once you're in you're fourth year, you're one of the older students- kind of. Well, anyways, half of the school looked up to my year.

I always wake up about 45 minutes before breakfast, so I had time to relax and draw. I worked on a sketch of the mountains out the window, and was almost finished by the time I looked at my watch and saw that it was breakfast time.

I walked downstairs to a bright and cheery breakfast and grabbed a plate of eggs, sausage, and toast. I read my schedule and memorized it while conversing with some other Ravenclaws about the holidays. After breakfast, I quickly hurried to my first class, eager to learn something new.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:40 pm
Kaywiia says...

Mac

I stared across the wizard chess board as Hedi walked in.

"Hopefully you will all remember to wake up thirty minutes before breakfast," she said, a bit of an edge creeping into her voice.

"Knight to E5," I mumbled to the chess board, then turned to Hedi as the piece moved, "since when do I ever wake up on time. That's what Daniel and Dakotah are here for." We all laughed, and Hedi shook her head at us. I turned back to the chess board just in time to see my knight get ripped to peices by Daniel's queen.

Dakotah was overseeing the game, sitting on the couch in front of the chess board. Daniel and I sat facing each other in wooden chairs. I grazed my eyes across the board, then shook my head.

"I think it's checkmate." Dakotah observed. I shot him a jokingly mean look, then stood up and streched. I tossed Daniel the box of Botts Every-Flavor Jelly Beans that we had bet the game over, and ran my hand through my short hair.

"You just got lucky," I said. I searched around the room for anything worth snacking on, and was disapointed to find nothing fit the bill. "How much detention do you think I'd get if I turned that quill over there into a nice slab of roast chicken?"

I saw Hedi's eyes widen, "Would it kill you to follow the rules for once?"

"Yes it would." I said, fueled on by Daniel and Dakotah's laughter, and aimed my wand.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:05 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Sorry I haven't posted in the last few days, I've been very busy.

Daniel

Daniel had been playing chess with Mac, and won. He had to accept though, that he just got lucky, because Mac was the mast of chess. He was having a really good time, especially when Mac decided to turn a quill into roast chicken. It wasn't anything new, since Mac's trait was not following rules. Daniel,loved rules, but he knew they were meant to be broken so he never refused breaking one.

He and Dakotah laughed along with Mac when he aimed his wand, but Heidi just shook her head.

"Oh come on, Heidi, chill out for a while, just chill out," Daniel told her.

"Rules exist for a reason," She said, her face serious.

The three boys stared at her with an amused expression in their faces.

"Yes, they exist...so they can be broken." Mac told her while chuckling.

"Yeah, breaking the rules is fun," Daniel said, accepting that he loved it sometimes.

"Yeah, but not as often as Mac does," Dakotah said, turning his head to see Mac.

"No, that's suicidal," Daniel said,laughing. Heidi laughed at the comment and shook her head a little. Mac and Dakotah were also doing so. It was nice to be around friends, and be the same old friends that he had met when he was eleven year old.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:28 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I sighed at the boys. I scratch my wet hair and and cross my arms. "Aren't you full from the dinner?" I ask.

"Nope, Headmaster sent us back early, remember?" Malcolm answered. I roll my eyes. "Fine, do what you want, but don't get caught," I say sternly. The boys smile as Malcolm lifted his wand and cast a spell which successfully turned a quill into a roasted chicken. I laugh at the cheering boys and sit in one of the fat armchairs.

"Don't make it a habit," I warned them. The boys ignored me and feasted on the quill turned roasted chicken.

(Short!)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

180 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:41 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Daniel-Hufflepuff

Daniel woke up very early, he was sure it was more than half an hour before breakfast. He looked outside the window and noticed the sun was barely coming up. His eyelids were heavy, but he had to wake up. Abiah jumped to his bead and laid by his side while purring.

"Hey girl," Daniel said as he caressed her back. It always amused him how cats arch their backs when someone caresses them.

So he woke up and walked to the boys' bathrooms to take a quick shower. The water woke him up. He felt ready to face his first day of school in Hogwarts for the last time. He rapidly got dressed and found Dakotah and Malcolm still sleeping. It was funny how they slept, but he didn't laugh out loud because he didn't want to wake them up. Whatever, I still have to wake them up, he though.

"Hey, hey Malcolm," He said, "Wake up, pal, wake up" But there was no answer.

"I'll be sorry for this, but you'll be more sorry if I don't wake you up." So Daniel took his alarm clock and placed it in the table separating Malcolm's and Dakotah's beds. "And in 10..9..8..7," And he kept counting until a screeching sound echoed in the room.
Last edited by pudin.junidf on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

42 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:54 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Astral¬

I'd been walking past one of the dorms, until I heard someone counting down,
"10 ... 9 ... 8 ... 7 ... 6 ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ..." As the alarm went off, I felt someone grab my wrist, and pull my wand out of my pocket. The alarm cut off, and I screeched.
I'd already guessed who it was.
"Lorcan! Get. Off,"
"Who's Lorcan?" I stopped struggling in shock.
"Who ... who are you?"
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:31 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I woke up to a loud screeching sound. This also woke Tesla, and she started cooing in her Che. I got up and calmed her down. I approach the door that leads to the boys dorm. I laugh and shake my head. Malcolm was probably still sleeping. I make my way to the girls dorm, change, and do my daily routines. I walk towards the common room, and wait for the boys to walk to the Great Hall. The fire wasn't lit, so it was a bit dark considering it's morning. I take out my wand.

"Lumos," I cast the charm quietly and stare at the light that illuminated at the tip of my wand.

180 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:22 am
pudin.junidf says...

Daniel-Hufflepuff

Mac and Dakotah woke up in a halt, Daniel couldn't help laughing out loud for the funny faces they had made when they got out of bed.

"What's wrong with you?!" Malcolm shouted as he took the bed sheet off of him. His face was funny and even more how he mumbled when he screamed at him. Daniel was having a great time making fun of them but he knew he had to stop or they were going to take it seriously.

"Guys, you have to wake up," Daniel said as he turned on the light and gave Abiah a little bit of water.

"You could have been a bit more subtle," Dakotah said as he sat on the edge of his bed and slowly ran his fingers through his hair. Daniel laughed, but he knew Dakotah was right.

"I know, but that guy right there wouldn't have woken up," He said, almost screaming and slightly turning his head to Malcolm's direction. "You guys go take a shower before it gets too late. I'll be in the common room." Daniel said to them as he walked out of the room.

The common room was barely lit, so all he could see was a small shadow holding a wand. He walked towards the shadow, afterall, there was nothing to be afraid of, all he could find there was another Hufflepuff. When he got nearer to the light, he noticed the blonde hair and small braids on the shadow sitting in the couch.

"Mrs. Plummings, good morning!" He said cheerfully as he sat next to her.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:44 am
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I stare at Daniel, and move the lit wand in the space between us. "Mrs? You do know that you're saying that I'm married," I inform Daniel. He chuckled with a hint of embarrassment.

"Are they awake now?" I ask. Daniel smiled. In the light, it sort of looked like a smug.

"Now they are," he replied. I rolled my eyes and cast a spell to shut the light coming from the tip of my wand.

"Good morning to you too, anyway," I say, a bit late.

42 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 am
View Likes

Uh ... HELLO!?

I've tried THREE times for someone to follow one of my POVs and you have done NOTHING. My, if you didn't WANT me in this POV, then why didn't you just SAY, because not ONCE have I been mentioned or INCLUDED despite my efforts.
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:45 pm
gleek456 says...

(Princess, I'll try to include you in my post, sorry.)

Heidi Plummings

"I'm going to check on the boys," I said before turning around. I started walking towards the boy's dorms, and I saw a girl who whipped out her wand. Impulsively, I grabbed her wrist.

"Lorcan, get off!" she screeched. I was confused. "Who's Lorcan?" I asked.

"Who... who are you?" she asked. I let go of her wrist and she turned around, rubbing her wrist with her palm.

"I'm Heidi... Heidi Plummings, I'm a Hufflepuff, I've never seen you around here, are you a Hufflepuff too?" I asked. She shook her head.

"No, I'm Astral, I'm a Gryffindor," she replied. I nodded my head. There was a moment of silence.

"So, what are you doing here?" I ask with interest.

(Hope that was okay Princess!)

180 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:24 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Gleek, is it ok, if I take paperbackheart's character in Slytherin? I think I can deal with two characters.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

42 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Astral ¬ Sorry. Tired and irritable. :smt003

"I was going for a walk," I said, "Trying to get away from ... Lorcan."
"He sounds nasty,"
"Oh, he is," I smiled, then shuddered, impulsivley looking over my shoulder. "He hates me for some reason,"
Heidi smiled, "That's sounds stupid, you seem pretty nice,"
It was my turn to grin. "Thanks,"
"Heidi!" Someone called, and I turned round. A group of boys were standing in front of me. "Who's she?" One of them asked.
"I'm Astral." I said, smiling.
"What are you doing here?" He asked. His voice was frosty. I frowned.
"I was going for a walk, if it's any of your buisiness," I snapped. One of them, who hadn't spoke, smirked at my feistyness.

Lorcan ¬

I rounded the corner, nearly walking straight into Astral and a group of Hufflepuffs. They all looked at me.
"What?" I snarled, "I've got what I came for," I grabbed Astral's wrist and tried to drag her off.
"Get off me Lorcan," She snapped.
"That's Lorcan?" The girl asked,
"Obviously," Astral said, pulling away from me. "Get. Off,"
"Hey, get off her," one of the Hufflepuff boy's spoke up.
Signature Pending

180 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:01 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Daniel

Once Malcolm and Dakotah were ready, the three boys headed out looking for Heidi. They found her with a Gryffindor girl named Astral. She was quite irritable it seemed for the way she answered a question one of them asked. But Daniel was not the kind to harshly criticize someone without first knowing them. She seemed nice so he let that go.

All of a sudden one of the boys he had seen with Slytherin, Lorcan he though his name was, approached them and tried to pull Astral away even when she begged him not to. Daniel glared at him, feeling how anger rose inside of him at Lorcan's abusive attitude towards Astral.

"Hey get off of her!" He said as he walked to the front with a frown.

"This is none of your business, Hufflepuff," Lorcan said angrily, pulling harder at Astral, even though she fought him.

"She said to leave her alone, just leave her alone," Daniel said, anger already in his voice.

"Or what Hufflepuff, you are going to run to your little Ravenclaw friends again because you can't deal with this yourself?" Lorcan said with a mocking tone.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:54 pm
gleek456 says...

(Sure, you can have paperbackheart's character.)

Heidi Plummings

I bury my face in my hands. "My fault," I say quietly. Loran smirked and tugged on Astral's wrist harder. I heard a gasp and whimper.

"Just let her go," I said. The Slytherin ignored me. In these types of situations, I honestly don't know what to do. I sigh. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I couldn't use my wand, so I trusted my reflexes. I grab Lorcan's wrist, step on his foot, and make him go on his knees. He let Astral go, and she stumbled beside Malcolm.

"Say sorry," I say. Loran sneered. "Or what?" he asked teasingly. I glare and shake my head. I let go. I didn't know what else to do.

"Just leave her alone," I say.

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen