z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Closed)

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:42 am
Emmzziee says...

(So, I take it that any 'person' is okay to write in?) (:
Taylor Venus Snow - Slytherin

Taylor woke up. There was still nobody in her cabin and she was glad about that - until, of course, she realised that there was no noise anywhere. Oh. Oops. Hagrid would be coming in soon, to check that everybody was off of the train... He might even come and talk to her.
"Come on, Boo," she whispered into her pocket. A furry whisker twitched upwards. "Good girl."
And they rushed off of the Hogwarts Express.
I want to play a game.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:36 am
Noelle says...

Lima

Lima was nervous. What would happen when she got up to the castle? The professor who came to explain everything to her left out what was going to happen when she was actually got to to Hogwarts. How would they tell which house she would be in? Would she even like the other people in her house?

She climbed off the Hogwarts Express, after a wonderful nap, and started following the other students. She froze in her tracks when she first got a glimpse of Hogwarts. It was beautiful. The castle was lit up, bright against the dark sky. All nervousness was gone. She couldn't wait to get into the castle. She couldn't wait to be sorted and placed in her house. But most of all, she couldn't wait to start learning magic, the talent she never knew she had.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:52 pm
gleek456 says...

(Emmzziee, sure, you can write in any person. But don't do it too much.)

Note: This time, the setting is in the Great Hall.

Heidi Plummings

Everyone in Hogwarts all sat down in the long tables with their houses. Hogwarts's Great Hall still looked the same. It's castle brick walls, long tables with elaborate table cloths, and so on. The Headmaster stood with the Hogwarts staff in the front, along with the Sorting Hat. We were still dressed in our street clothes, but near the doorway that lead to the Houses, the Dorm caretaker stood with the uniforms (I needed to give everyone a view of when you'll get your uniforms). Everyone was chattering until the Headmaster held his hand up.

"Welcome back to Hogwarts everyone, and for the newcomers, welcome to Hogwarts," the Headmaster said cheerfully, spreading his arms wide. Everyone cheered. This was the time where the newcomers get sorted to their House. The Headmaster continued on and explained how it works here in Hogwarts, for the newcomers, and for those who never listen. When he finished, he began to sort the newcomers to their Houses. One by one the newcomers walked to the front and put on the sorting hat. Gryffindor! Ravenclaw! Hufflepuff! Slytherin! It was the same thing. The three houses cheering, while the Slytherins glared at their newcomer. It was good to be back.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:44 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Lidz¬

I slipped out of the train queitly, nobody noticed, too busy gossiping and talking. I was about to walk along when I heard someone shout my name. I looked back to se who it was, hesitantly. I lightly brushed my hand over my wand, in case it was...

Lorcan¬

I needn't even cast a spell during the train journey. The other Slytherins fought the mudbloods, so much so I didn't even have to do anything. But now they were taking credit: "Oh, it had been my idea, I thought it would be fun to annoy them,"
It was my idea, NOT theirs.
"Let me get this straight," I hissed, "I was the one who came up with the idea, so quit taking the credit, or I swear, you'll regret it,"
Signature Pending

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:08 pm
Justagirl says...

Nakita Janser - Slytherin

As I sat at the table I heard Lorcan MythBlood hiss, "I was the one who came up with the idea, so quit taking the credit, or I swear, you'll regret it."

I shrugged. Whatever, as long as I got my revenge I didn't care whose idea it was to tease and taunt the Hufflepuffs.

I leaned over Jenny and started to talk to Adrian Da'Venti, we'd become friends last year and he had some pretty funny stories about his summer vacation that he'd wanted to tell me.

Although both Jenny and Liza disliked Adrian because he was muggle-born I hadn't found out until after I'd become friends with him, so I'd just kept our relationship as it was.

(OOC: Paperbackheart - I hope you don't mind me making our characters friends, if you'd like me to change that tell me, 'kay?)
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:24 pm
Emmzziee says...

Taylor Venus Snow

I slipped onto the table next to the other Slytherins without muttering a word.
I knew that a few people were glaring at me as I bowed my head down and stroked Boo, as usual. But whatever. I didn't care. They should all have gotten used to me by now anyway.
But one of them kept on glaring at me annoyingly.
"Something the matter?" I growled to the person sitting next to me, "Or are you just going to stare at me like that all day?"
I resumed stroking Boo, head down, smiling a little.
I want to play a game.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:24 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Daniel

Daniel arrived at the castle and felt a sudden rush of happiness run through him. It looked the same as when he first came to the castle but it always felt good to be back. He took his luggage and his cat, Abiah, and walked in. As always their first stop was at the Great Hall which was already getting full. The Headmaster and the Hogwarts staff were all there. So he went to sit at the long tables with his friends and greeted each and everyone of the newcomers whenever they were announced.

Once the newcomers were sorted into their houses, the feast began. He enjoyed the food in Hogwarts and enjoyed sharing that moment with his closest friends. There was a lot of laughter and talking, the sounds were overwhelming.
He remembered how he had felt the first time he had arrived: nervous, out of place, without any idea of what he was doing. So he always tried to make the newcomers feels as if they were at home.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:03 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I enjoyed the feast and the ceremony. Everyone was having abroad time, possibly the Slytherins too. Chatting with friends, eating, and looking forward to this year's term. I smile and continue eating my food. Soon after, the Headmaster will send us off to our House dorms with our uniforms and schedule. I lean slightly forward.

"Is it just me, or do the newcomers look even more nervous than last year?" I asked.

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

I'll try one last time.

Astral¬ (I put Lidz on my last post- use the name Lidz on most storybooks *Facepalm*)

I sat down, tucking into the food that adorned the table, and I felt something wet hit my back. I mutterd under my breath and turned round. Lorcan sat, trying to look innocent, with a smirk on his stupid face. I pretended to ignore it and turned round, grabbing a sticky piece of garlic bread. I spun round and threw it at him.

Lorcan ¬

The piece of garlic bread flew at me in slow motion- I had no time to move. It hit me straight in the face, grease dripping donw my face and slicking back my hair. It rebounded of my face and landed on the floor with a phuut. I growled, and picked up a cake, oozing with jam. I hurled it at her- she ducked, it sailed through Nearly Headless Nick, and hit another Gryphindor in the face. He snarled a curse. Astral laughed as I threw another piece of meat at her, as she dodged it effortlessly. The Sytherins and Gryphindors began to fight, food being hurled everywhere. My eyes always found Astral, and I found myself thinking how cute she looked when she laughed. Repulsed, I threw another piece of food at her. It hit her in the shoulder.
"Piss off Lorcan," She cried, before jumping as another item of food narowly missed her. I grinned, I'd get revenge soon enough.
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I turned around to see a commotion between the Gryffindors and Slytherins. This quickly caused Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff to be involved. Students began throwing pieces of cake and garlic bread. I sheilded myself with a silver tray. I turn around and get a piece of cake thrown at my face. Wiping it off with my hand, I pick up a piece of garlic bread and prepare to throw it, until one of the professor's held my hand mid way before I launched.

"Scourgify!" I heard the Headmaster cast. Suddenly, the result of the commotion disappeared. Everyone stopped.

"Due to this, everyone will be sent to their dorms early, and everyone will wake up thirty minutes before breakfast," The Headmaster announced. Everyone whined and complained on their way to their dorms while taking their uniforms with them. I wipe some cake off my hair.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:34 pm
Noelle says...

Lima

The sorting hat was on her head. She was scared. What if she was never sorted? What if she sat here on the stool forever?

Ah, I know exactly where I'm going to put you.

"Ravenclaw!"

Lima let out a sigh of relief and skipped over to the Ravenclaw table. Everyone was clapping and congratulated her for joining their house. She felt the nerves change into excitment. She had been sorted, placed into a house.

After all of the first years had been sorted, the Headmaster made a few announcements and announced dinner. Food suddenly appeared in front of Lima. Magic was cool. She was halfway through her dinner when the first piece of food was thrown. She looked up just in time to get hit with a piece of pie.

All the houses joined in the food fight. It was turning out to be a pretty good fight when the Headmaster stopped it and ordered everyone back to their common rooms. Lima followed her house out of the Great Hall and to the common room. She was so tired from the long journey that she fell asleep right when she hit the pillow.

(sorry, it's kind of a lame post)

YWS is life

42 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:20 pm
Kaywiia says...

Could someone bring me in please? Sorry, I've been on vacation.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

82 Reviews

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:43 am
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I walked with Dakotah, Daniel, and Malcolm back to the Hufflepuff common room. Taking my uniform from the Dorm caretaker, we headed back. I was sad that this is going to be my last year at Hogwarts. I'm planning on becoming a professor here at Hogwarts, or maybe work in the Ministry of Magic.

It was a short walk to the common room, since it was near the kitchens. Malcolm quickly says the password and the Fat Friar lets us in. Without saying a word, I make my way to the girl's bathroom and clean off the oil and cake smears off my body. After, I change into my pajamas. I walk into the common room to find the boys sitting and doing something. The fireplace was lit, which gave the yellow hangings a warm glow. Combing my hair with my fingers.

"Hopefully you will all remember to wake up thirty minutes before breakfast," I said sternly. I am very serious when it comes to strict times and school.

(Someone post after me. I know some people are on vacation and all, but I still want this SB to be active.)

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:36 pm
Noelle says...

Lima

The sun still wasn't up when Lima awoke. She was too excited to go back to sleep. Her first day of classes! She couldn't wait! What would they be like? Oh, if only her brothers were here. She needed to make a new friend, someone to talk to.

She jumped out of bed and quietly climbed down the stairs into the common room. There was already someone sitting by the fire. Not wanting to be the first one to talk, Lima slumped into a chair on the opposite side of the room. She occaisionally glances at the person, wanting them to say something. Finally they spoke up.

"Do you want something?"

(could be any Ravenclaw person)

YWS is life

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 pm
StoryWeaver13 says...

Ev - Gryffindor

I woke with no problems for the early breakfast - probably because I'd barely slept at all. My owl Artemis had been making a strange cooing noise all night, the same one she always made when she was nervous about something. Honestly I felt a little uneasy too. Shaking off the feeling, I got dressed and headed down to the Gryffindor common room, where friends were greating each other with groggy hellos. I greeted my friend Liam [random character, for the sake of having some friends after having been in school for all these years] who looked like he was about to pass out from exhaustion. "Come on, we'll get something warm to wake us up," I assured. "Or I can dump water on you. Either way." He rolled his eyes, but we joined our classmates to the Gryffindor table.
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

My one true aspiration in life is to make it into the quote gen.
— avianwings47