Young Writers Society

Fight for Peace (One More/Starting)

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:29 am
Sassafras says...

Fight For Peace

It all started with the war. Actually, to be exact, it started with an idea.

It seemed smart at first, almost too smart, but no one paid attention to the impossible amount of intellect put into these little creations until it was too late and they were running away from the thing they bought for 99.99$ at Wal-Mart. Only few people ever sensed something wrong with the "Life Changing Advancement in Technology" and everybody already thought those few were crazy, so no help there. And why would they listen anyway? It did everything, a simple fact that should have been a put off immediately. Nothing should be able to do everything. It was too well made. Too afforadble. Too perfect. Too good to be true. Too good to be good.

They killed everybody.

Almost everybody.

Mostly everybody.

Yeah, they killed everyone. Anyone important anyway. Living was almost an insult to your worth. They thought you weren't a threat so they left you to cry in the corner, holding your knees and trying not to smell blood, death, and bodily extractions. You weren't good enough for them to kill. You were only a kid so they left you there and thought they'd let the mental images of your parents dying eat away your brain until you commited suicide. And they would laugh as they watched you slit your throat with broken glass and crack monotone jokes about how they made you watch when they put their steel hands through your dad's chest and ripped out his heart.

They're having fun.

It's about time for that fun to stop.

All we wanted was peace. We were just too scared to fight for it.

It's time we grew up.

~

Clarification: The Government has created little robots that at once helped and made the world a better place. It was actually a plot to destroy the Earth and when the Government thought it time they activated the robots' real purpose. The robots killed everyone the Government saw as a threat, leaving only children, weak adults, and the sick elderly. You and a bunch of other children have put together a secret resistance force geared towards destroying the robot and restoring peace to the world, or at least where they live.

Profile:

Name:

Age (20-):

Gender (if not obvious):

Apperance:

History:

Weapon:

Other:

~

Girls:

Boys:

Okay, enjoy! I'll be posting my profile later.
Last edited by Sassafras on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:47 am
sylverdawn says...

*Here's my profile, if it's not okay I can tweak it.*

Name: Tyrnan Grady (Tyr)

Age (20-): 18

Gender (if not obvious): Male

Apperance: Tall and broadshoulderd, with short unruly white hair and silver-blue eyes. Tyr always has a very subtle smirk on his face. He never removes the pendant he wears. Tyr wears an eyepatch but not 'cause he's blind, quite the opposite. He is always armed, normally with a sword or gun not to mention his trademark gauntlets.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/anim ... jpg?o=1202

History: Tyrnan is the only child of two world famous scientists. He was born in Moscow and is half Russian, half American. His parents were decades ahead of their time and were eventually recruited as members of the team which invented the robots in the first place.

At some point his parents caught on to the government's plan but they realised they had no way to stop it. Instead they stole all the data pertaining to the robots and placed it on a computer chip/microscopic computer. They then surgically implanted the chip inside of Tyr. Using some sort of experimental technology so that the chip would activate if Tyr's heart ever stopped beating. This ensured Tyr's survival if the government ever caught on.

They then prepared to send him away after giving him the pendant he wears as a decoy. Telling him to never take it off. Later that night their home was attacked and they were assasinated years before the robots were activated. In the chaos a young Tyr managed to escape.

Tyr has spent his entire life since on the run from both the government and their robots. He was only a small child at the time his parents were killed and watched as the world was consumed by a menace he couldn't stop. It took years to perfect the robots and sell them to everyone. He himself knows nothing about the chip inside himself and believes the pendant is the real thing. He has vague dreams/memories about the surgery and that's about it.

Tyr stumbled across the rebellion a couple of months ago when he was cornered by his pursuers. They saved him and he's since stuck around. Although Tyr is still not quite sure if he can trust them and hasn't officialy joined the rebellion yet. He has yet to tell them about the chip or who he is but is slowly warming up to them.

Weapon: Proficient in many firearms Tyr has trained himself as a sniper. However he prefers handguns where possible in a gun fight. Tyr personaly prefers close up melee combat and has a pair of gauntlets fitted with retractable metal claws. (See below picture)

Other: Up for love. Excessively paranoid, but in this day and age who isn't? As stated above Tyr wears an eyepatch but not because he's blind in fact his eyesight is exceptional. Somehow Tyr has near perfect 360 degree eyesight. He can also see with the detail of a hawk. Tyr wears the eyepatch so that his vision is reduced otherwise the information is too much for his mind to handle on a long term basis.

Tyr inherited his parents intelligence but has never received any formal schooling as he's been on the run since roughly age 8. Tyr has instead honed his street smarts, strategy and tactics. Like his parents he has a genius level IQ and it is almost impossible to catch him by surprise.

These are his weapons of choice: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anim ... .jpg?o=822
Last edited by sylverdawn on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:27 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Profile:

Name: Lidz

Age (20-): 18

Gender (if not obvious): Female

Apperance: Short brown hair and startling blue eyes. She is tall and more classed as pretty than hot. She has scars from the war, over her back and just on her collarbone, as a reminder of what she is fighting for.

History: An only child of a middle class family. Her Mum was a writer, her dad a jewler- she has a braclet she was given on her 18th birthday from him.

Weapon: A sword (Woop woop! :smt003) and a small pistol. She also has a knife strapped to the outside of her thigh.

Other: Up for love.
Signature Pending

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:02 pm
Sassafras says...

Sweet. I guess I can post my profile now.

Name: Kodi James

Apperance: She has long black hair and dark grey eyes. Her build is athletic and she has long legs and arms. She usually wears tank tops that show off her tattoos and baggy cargo pants, usually with a camoflauge pattern. They are baggy to hide all her weapons. She usually has gloves on to protect her finger prints from being detected whenever she finishes off a robot. She doesn't want to be tracked down. She has scars on her neck and wrist from her failed suicide attempt. She has a gold ring on both of her ring fingers.

Spoiler! :

The gloves cover her fingers unlike those in the picture.

History: Kodi lived a regular life with her family in the suburbs with a bunch of other people just like them. Kodi's mom was a teacher and her Dad a lawyer, they didn't really get much into the Government's business because, if they were to tell the truth, they would say they didn't like the Government very much anyway. The James family didn't even vote. They did, however, buy a robot under the pleads of their sixteen year old daughter. What teenager wouldn't want one? They knew this and gave in because Kodi was their daughter, a very good daughter, and they loved her more than the world itself.

A year later the robots turned on them. They didn't see it coming, of course, and didn't know that if they would have just stopped fighting and hid in a corner crying like Kodi did their chances of living might have been more. They were able to get the robot out of their house but others came and quickly. They made her watch them kill her parents.

The images ate Kodi alive and, after a failed suicide attempt, decided to fight back. Kodi gathered a group of kids off the street and became their encourgament. She founded The Resistance.

Weapon: She weilds various daggars and knives she keeps strapped to her body and a more obvious katana that she holds in a strap on her back.

Other: Kodi is the one talking in the beginning and is talking about herself, but nobody knows her story. She's a really tough person and you have to prove yourself before you gain her trust, but she will protect everybody regardless as long as they don't do anything too bad to upset her view of them. Don't mess with her, she will kick your butt.

In a bag she carries around pictures of her parents and the rings she wears are her parent's wedding rings.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:30 pm
OnigiriChan says...

This sounds fun and will be my first storybook. I read others so I think I have an idea of what to do.

Name: Rhys Will

Age (20-): 15

Gender (if not obvious): Male

Apperance: Rhys has short red hair and hazel eyes. He is slim and doesn't have much muscle.

Spoiler! :

History: Rhys lived alone with his father who worked as a reporter. The night the robots attacked his father was the one who had a duty to report the news to the rest of the world. And the whole world saw Rhys' dad die on television. Rhys also saw. He took off as fast as he can to downtown but by the time he got there his father was already dead.

Rhys tried to fight the robots but he was too weak and, in the end, the robot he was trying to beeat just laughed at him and knocked him out. Rhys woke up in a strange building and was soon introduced to Kodi and the others. He's been in the Resistance ever since then.

Weapon: A long pipe that he uses as a staff but he only fights when there is no other way out.

Other: He doesn't like to fight and will try to advoid it as best as he can. He sticks around the older and more experienced members because he knows they will keep him safe. The only thing he has of his dad is the jacket his dad wore in his death and though it's blood stained Rhys protects it with his life. He lets no one other than himself touch it.
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

161 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:37 pm
Sassafras says...

Okay, we'll be starting later today. I'll make the first post.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:06 am
Sassafras says...

Kodi James~

"Kodi..."

"Shh, Rhys. Just shhsh."

He did as he was told, thankfully, but I could still feel him shaking as he gripped the back of my shirt with enough force to stretch the fabric beyond repair. I tried my best to calm him but, to be honest, I was a little disturbed myself.

I should have left him at the hideout so he could be safe but it was his turn to go out with me for supplies and he looked like he wanted to go really badly. I couldn't say no. Supply gathering outings were usually a type of exciting danger but never life threatning, not like tonight. We'd been caught in the middle of our raid by a bunch of those metal murderers and had no other chance to fight. Fighting off three drones, even with Rhy's help, was no walk in the park. The only reason I was crouching here right now was the luck of barely missing a few close calls.

"Damn it all," I hissed. My legs ached from being down so low for such a long time and clothes stuck to my body by a thin film of sweat. I wanted to scream, only because I was so angry. To make matters worse my leg was burning sinfully from a laceration on my calf muscle. The others would notice we've been gone too long by now. I can only hope they don't come looking for us.

The sound of metal feet clanking on the dented pavement pulled me from my thoughts and I crouched lower, making my muscles scream in agony. Rhys lowered with me, still gripping my shirt harshly. I reached behind me to pat his head gently, hopefully calming him down but I'm not so sure it worked. 'Deep breaths, Rhys,' I wanted to whisper, but I knew that would give us away so I opted to try to telepathicaly force the message into his brain.

The steps grew closer towards the two upturned cars we were hiding between and I listened through the pounding of my heart as they slowing and stopped directly in front of us. Rhys grip tightened and I tried to will my heart beat down just in case they could hear it as well as I could.

I moved my hand slowly to grip the hilt of my Katana, prepared for battle again. I could at least save Rhys if I had to fight these guys. From the sound of it there was only one. I could take him.

A few torturing moments passed and I was just deciding to raise up and attack with the footsteps moved on. I waited a full two minutes after the steps faded away before exhaling and falling to the ground in relief.

"Oh my God," Rhys murmered. I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, but lets hurry and go okay. Grab that other bag and run. The others are probably freaking by now."

"That was scary, Kodi." I forced a harsh laugh through the mind blowing pain in my leg.

"Yeah, well at least you'll have a story to tell."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:02 am
OnigiriChan says...

Rhys

I was running but my mind was not really controlling my feet. I was moving on instinct. My mouth produced words I didn't command them too and I was lost. So very lost inside my own twisted world.

I could have died. I realized this with a sick twisting in my gut and I stumbled on air. Kodi looked back with a non-chalent glance and I willed my feet to run faster. I kept my same pace while Kodi pumped forward. Runner faster than me with an injured leg. That girl was really something special.

I shook my head, my first conscious movement since excaping death by whisper, and tried to run faster.

We reached the hideout in what seemed like hours but couldn't have been more than a few minutes.

As soon as we were in Kodi dropped to the floor and I threw I supplies to the side.

"Kodi's hurt," I screamed. People emerged from the darkness almost immediately. Our live in nurse, a nice girl named Chainey, pushed through the string of frightned kids and kneeled down next to Kodi.

"What happened," she demanded. I swallowed and licked my lips before standing and fiddling with the hem of Father's jacket.

"We ran into the Bots." A collective gasp filled the room. "There were three of them but we got away. One got Kodi got cut though. It's bleeding a lot Chainey."

"I can see that," she snapped.

"What happened?" I looked up at the sound of Lidz voice with tears in my eyes. Ashamed, I swiped a hand across my face and stood, trying to look strong. I opened my mouth to reply, like a man, but was inturrpted by a deeper and smoother less scared voice.

"A mission gone wrong. Kodi got cut." I turned and met Tyr's one eye but turned away quickly. He always scared me for some reason.

"Oh no," Lidz replied.

"It's not that bad," Kodi interjected. Her contorted face contradicted her statement. "I'll be fine."

Something about the way she said it made me believe the exact opposite.
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:26 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

I dont know if Im too late to join or not, but hey, cant blame me for trying right? This story sounds freaking awesome, so if im too late just say so and I'll back off.
And there are two of them, brother and sister

Name:Kaida and Maryx Nuramos

Age (20-):Kaida is 10 and Maryx is 19

Gender (if not obvious):Kaida- female
Maryx-male

Apperance:Maryx- unusually tall and well muscled. Black hair that is super short, he recently shaved it all off and his eyes are a warm brown. His face is angular and his skin is dark brown from how much time he spends in the sun. Kaida- Small and thin with innocent hazel eyes and long black hair. She always wears a purple shirt that is long enough to be a dress on her that she got from her mother.

History: Their parents were scientists, but not the kind that developed the bots. They were working on a serum that would make a super human, someone with unusual powers that could become the protectors of the world and as a result were presented with a free robot, courtesy of the government. It only took a week for their robot to be activated, for their parents to be slaughtered, but it was one week too late. By the time the robot had even arrived the test subject had been injected, and her powers were starting to appear. But robots didn't know who was really the subject. See, their parents had used Kaida as the subject last minute, deciding that it would be less expected. Originally Maryx was going to have the injection and he had been given very specific instructions considering his little sister and her protection. And now, neither of them know what was happening. They haven't met the resistance yet.

Weapon: Maryx fights with two pistols, and has practiced knife throwing, he carries six knives hidden on his person for good measure. Kaida fights with whatever she can reach when the time comes. She specializes in everything from hand to hand combat to sniper rifles

Other:Maryx is open for romance, but Kaida is too young.
Llamas do not have six packs

66 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:26 am
sylverdawn says...

*Sorry I haven't been on. Will try and post shortly.*

novel.php?id=1157

66 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:49 am
sylverdawn says...

Tyrnan Grady: The Hideout-

Tyr watched Rhys glance away from him and crouch down next to Kodi. All the other resistance members crowded around her like lost little lambs while Chainey treated her leg. He stifled the urge to roll his eyes. Seriously, what were they so worried about? Kodi was a lot tougher then they came, she would pull through.

Glancing back at Rhys Tyr asked the kid. "Was their anything different about these bots? Anything that made them seem out of the ordinary?"

"I don't know!" Rhys snapped, channeling his fear into anger. Still the kid probably needed the oulet. "We were too busy fighting for our lives to take notes you... wait. Now that I think of it, something was off. They all had a weird green stripe painted on their arms. Why? Is it important?"

"More than you know." Tyr thought dismally. But he only shook his head in answer. "No. I was just curious is all."

Turning Tyr left the group to their fretting. Once out of sight he began making his way to a side entrance. Green stripe meant they were Patrol Bots. They were more enhanced then others. Designed to work with law enforcement and keep the remnants of the human race in line. They also carried a tracking liquid on all weapons to tag their opponents with.

Tyr couldn't say how he knew all of this stuff. The knowledge just popped into his head occasionally. He was pretty sure it was latent memories of hearing his parents talk. Fingering the pendant around his neck, Tyr pondered his next move. No way could he let the chip be taken and it wouldn't be long before this place was swarming with bots.

On the other hand, these guys were finally starting to pull themselves out of the ashes of defeat. They were the reason his parents had chosen to fight in the first place. He couldn't stand by and do nothing. "So I'll make myself bait." Tyr decided as he passed his sleeping corner, scooping up his pack. "They'll be more interested in me then some hole in the wall. Besides, I'm used to giving those things the slip.

*Anyone feel free to follow Tyr.*

novel.php?id=1157

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:12 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Kaida:

I watched Maryx run into the shop and run back out, his arms full of food that I knew he didn't pay for, and for a moment, I felt really guilty. It was technically my fault we were on the run after all, not his. If I hadn't been so careless with what I could do and gotten caught by a couple of military bots then he would still have his job and we wouldn't e insulting Mom and Dad's memory by breaking the law. "Im back, are you okay Kai?" Maryx asked, crouching behind the rubble with me.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You were gone all of thirty seconds."

"That's all it takes."

I smiled weakly at him, that had been a family joke. At least before half of our family died. For half a moment we shared sorrow and longing for what we used to have and then my traitorous stomach rumbled. Maryx handed me some of the food and stored the rest in the ripped up backpack we carried around all the time. "Aren't you going to eat?"

"I'm not hungry. Besides, the less I eat, the more food we can keep for a while. If we're going to steal let's make it out of need rather than want."

My stomach twisted with guilt again and I handed him the dry bread. "I can go a little longer too."

He nodded and placed it in the bag and we both looked away. Suddenly my attention was caught by two figures dashing through the city, they weren't moving smoothly enough to be bots.

"Maryx." I breathed, pointing them out. "People."

Neither of us talked about what we were going to do, the desire to speak to someone else, to be assured that we weren't the only two kids left on the earth was completely and utterly overwhelming. We both followed them silently, hiding behind the walls and boxes and garbage that littered the once beautiful city.
Llamas do not have six packs

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:24 am
Iggy says...

Name: Violet Hastings.

Age (20-): 17.

Gender (if not obvious): Female.

Apperance:
Spoiler! :

History: After watching these robots kill her parents, Violet was sent to live with her grandpa. His name was Jarlson. He taught her how to fight with a sword and how to defend herself. He taught her basic combat moves, how to throw a dagger, shoot an arrow, pick a lock, hot-wire a car, and ride a horse. Her grandpa is her everything; she'd kill anyone who tried to harm him.

Weapon: Prefers to fight with daggers she hides in the heel of her combat boots, and with a sword.

Other: She's very hot-headed and arrogant. She makes allot of sarcastic coments, but never means it. Her hair is her personality: she is a firery tdmpered girl who wilkill you with her burning glares. She can kick your butt! XD
She doesn't discriminate by race or gender or sexuality; in fact, she's bisexual. Up for love and alliances. ;)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:33 pm
Apple says...

I'll fill in a spot if you'd like. But I am going to have to make the profile much later, school computers are malfunctioning and I don't have much time...That's if you're still looking for people. (:
I spy!

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:53 pm
tgirly says...

Name: Theresa
Mouse-brown, straight hair that's a little longer than average length. She has hazel eyes and a few freckles. She wears thin glasses. Theresa is shorter than most girls her age. She never fit in with girls her age, so she didn't really know that much about the robots when they were fashionable. Her parents didn't either. She always thought her parents were crazy, because they prepared for something like this. They had a bunker with plenty of canned food, and ran drills with her and her three younger brothers. All their preparing didn't help them though. The robots surrounded the house and set it on fire, killing her family as they came out of the house. She survived because she was diagnosed with the beginnings of muscular distrophy. She's meek and shy. She doesn't talk that often, and isn't the violent type. She's as gentle as her name-sake.
Weapon: The only weapon she has is a cutting knife she took from her house before it was burned to the ground. She doesn't think she could ever use it as a weapon though.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath