z

Young Writers Society

The Mirror's Curse (full!)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:29 pm
icebender28 says...

"But we will find out!" I interrupted Rosalie. "Whatever happens, I assure you. We will find out who hurt our friends." They satered at me, slightly shocked, and I put my sword away. "Don't just stand there. We should give them a proper burial." I turned to go find my friends final resting place.
A few minutes later I found one. It was on a small hill in a clearing. There was even a rock already there. Weburied them, in silence, and went back to our camp. Once there i went straight to the trees.
i didn't want anybody to see me cry.

:D
Life is to be lived, not survived.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:32 pm
W0lfbane says...

The Orcs had decided to call off the attack, for now. Informing the wizard of what happened at camp,

"The humans were stronger than those we faced before! They took out a hundred maybe even two hundred orcs!"

The wizard snarled as the orc said this,

"Did my ears tell me lies? I thought I told you to leave the humans be and capture the dragon!"

"But they were protecting it! Stupid humans got in the way of - "

"I don't want to hear your excuses, you didn't follow my orders. If you had read my instructions you were only to lead the humans into a pit cutting their group in half or at least distracting them long enough for you to lure the dragon off somewhere."

The wizard sighed as he puffed on his pipe, the orc in front of him looked tired from the battle.

"So what now wizard? Shall we order our troops to die once more? Or should we just hand you back your gold?"

"I say we need to come up with a plan, since plan A was ignored we'll have to go with plan B... but I suppose I would like to have a word with that general of yours, if you would be so kind as to lead me to his hut."

The Orc nodded as the wizard is lead to a makeshift hut not far from the campfire. Bones were scattered all over the floor, there was a pot of blood and a crude looking table. The general sat there looking drunk as a bottle of rum was in his hand.

"You would - *hic* not believe the amount of women in here, they all angrehhhy at me."

The orc took another swig of his rum, sobbing heavily. The wizard took pity on him,

"You've had a rough day, a group of your finest men dead and their wives keep coming to give you an earful!"

"Yesh, they'll all hate me - even their sons and daughters. All the king's horses and *hic* all the king's meeeeen. Come, join me, I could do with some company!"

The wizard and the orc beside him sat down at the table, carefully avoiding the bones. The wizard produced three empty mugs from his cloak and gave two of the mugs to the Orc now comforting the general. He poured himself a drink from the untouched bottle of rum beside him.

"I guess the king can wait for his dragon."
Cowards use swords, writers use pencils.

You are now following this YWSer

A Wiser? Yiser? Whysir? How on earth do you pronounce that? Y W S er? Can't I just follow a society member? =S

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:46 pm
icebender28 says...

(Nobody's posted for awhile, so i thought I would. Let me know If you want me to change something!)

Aritha:

We all sat around the fire, silent as our friends we had just buried.
"What now?" Rosalie asked, almost so quiet i couldn't hear.
"We go with the plan. Taking down the castle from the inside out. Steal the mirro and find some way to destroy it."
"How?" Rhyder said.
"I get captured, and let the Voice take over. If people are still alive in the morning, comein and kill the rest. Then we just grab the wretched thing."
"You make it sound simple." Aleken said, leaning on his paws.
"And We are not going to let you risk yourself." Rosalie said.
"And there is no way in heaven or earth that I'll let you." I raised my voice. "I'm not going to let you die! Not like Kyler! Not like Itaeo! You will survive if I will die a horrific death trying!"
The stared at me. All of them. My comrades. My friends.
I turned and jumped into a tree. I needed a moment to think.
What if the plan doesn't work? I thought this over and over again. Finally I came to a conclusion. I didn't care. This was a failproof plan. Either It works how I think it will, and we destroy the mirror, or I die, and my new friends will think of something else. Failproof. Especialy since I don't care if I die.
I'll do this for you, Itaeo. Kyler. You will not be disappointed in me, whereever you are. And hopefully, I will see you soon.
Life is to be lived, not survived.

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory