z

Young Writers Society

The Virtus vs. The Division (Accepting!)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:08 pm
gleek456 says...

You wake up, in what seems to be a hospital bed, surrounded by other people in the same position as you. You have had a bad background, and that's all you seem to remember other than your name. A man walks in, and addresses you all as "trainees". Apparently, you have been recruited based on your criminal record, and past. Your job, learn to kill in order to defeat the Division, or be killed.

You can play as:
-The Virtus Trainees
-The Virtus Crew (Instructors)
-The Division (Bad guys)

The Virtus Trainees:
You have been taken in to the Virtus as a "trainee" to learn how to defeat the Division. You have had a horrrible past, which lead to adding to your criminal record. You specialize in combat, guns, katana, karate, etc. You remember nothing except your past and name.

The Virtus Crew:
You are the ones responsible for the trainees. You teach them everything they need to survive when it comes to the Division. You teach them about the Division, how to defeat the Division, what the Division's weaknesses are, and so on. You all used to be trainees yourselves, but have proven excellency in whatever you do, and have been promoted as part of the Virtus Crew.

The Division:
You are the bad ones. You set out to annihilate the Virtus. You know everything the Virtus knows. You also have been a part of the Virtus, but you have wanted to escape from the training, so you did everything you could to escape successfully (you can make up a story). The Division head has taken you in, and are teaching you the things the Virtus
never taught you (grenade sneaking, etc.)
You're Profile: The Virtus/ The Virtus Crew

Name:

Gender, Male-Female if it isn't obvious:

Appearance:

Personality:

Past/Criminal Record:

Skills/ Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Other:

The Division:
Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Past/ How you've escaped the Virtus:

Skills/ Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Other:

Character Slots:
The Virtus:
- Marissa Vanderven (gleek456)
- Ade Cruciotti (KindredSpiritBee)
-Ivy Larsen (VuzzyCat)
-(Male)
- Roxy Ashton (PrincessofDarkness)
-(Male)

The Virtus Crew:
-(Karate/ Katana instructor) Isabelle "Elle" Krator (icebender28)
-(Male, Combat instructor)
-(Male, Demolition instructor) Rafe Gable (Shadowlight)
-(Gun handling instructor) Amelia Jurmene (Justagirl)
-(Nurse) Emma Wilson (gleek456)
Note: The Head of the Virtus, is a non-player character, you can just play as him and incorporate him in your posts.

The Division:
- Katja Prusskiev (Shadowlight)
- Nate Rivers "Ian Lock" (Dethl)
- Augie Cruciotti (KindredSpiritBee)
- Amy Landy (PrincessofDarkness)
- Danielle Margot (gleek456)

Saved Slots:
- pudin.junidf

Rules:
1. No sex, romance is allowed
2. Violence is allowed, but don't make it too gory.
3. If you want to kill off someone or your character, than PM me or the user that you want to kill off.
4. No god-modding
5. Your weaknesses affect your character
6. Make your posts realistic
7. Have fun!

Note: The character posts below are posts for The Springs Academy for the Musically Gifted, which has not been as successful as I'd like it to be, so please excuse those. Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by gleek456 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:40 am, edited 21 times in total.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

Reviews: 2
Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:51 pm
View Likes
RainyDay says...

Name: Adam McGillicuddy (Mick-Gill-Uh-Cud-Ee)

Role: Participant

History/Why you came here: Adam was born in Germany at a military base. He's moved around a lot throughout his life because his father works in the military. He lives with his mother, father, younger brother, and his grandfather. Adam's grandfather is a guitarist himself, and taught Adam almost everything he knows. Poppop, as he calls him, used to always play to him when he was little. And when Adam was five years old and his father had to go off and fight, Adam went insane. He was rebellious, aggressive, disobediant, etc. One day, his poppop came home and he had a small guitar for Adam to use himself. Since that day, Adam has adored the guitar.

Three years ago Adam's father died. But it wasn't from fighting. He had been walking across the cross walk, and a DUI man in a truck didn't see him and hit him. He was in a coma for a month and a half before he passed away. Adam took his dog tags and his little brother, Austin, took his wrist watch. After that, Adam became depressed and his poppop was the one who got him out of it, teaching him about guitars, telling him about his father's childhood. Adam's grandfather has bought him every single guitar he owns. And it was him who urged him to come here. So Adam did.

Instrument Specialized in: Guitar

General Ad classes you attend: English II, Biology, World History

Appearance: Adam has shoulder length blonde hair and warm brow eyes. He stands at five feet eight inches and his skin has a slight tan. He has a metal chain necklace with his dad's dog tags and a deep purple, almost black guitar pick on it - he never takes it off.

Personality: Adam isn't exactly shy but he's not outgoing. He's the perfect in between. He loves to be around people just as much as he does being alone. He's obsessed with music, guitars, guitarists, and he loves motorcycles. He has a great sense of humor and you'll always see him smiling. He's just an overall happy guy adn there's not much that can bring him down. He doesn't believe in the word hate but he's not afraid to fight to defend himself or his friends/family. In fact, that's the only time he fights - to defend himself, his friends, or his family. But he also has OCD, so everything has to be neat, in order, and everything has to have a place.

Up For Love?: Sure

Other: He plays the Acoustic, Electric, Classical, Bass, Steel String, Seven String Guitar, 3rd bridge, and Tailed Bridge guitar. He also plays the ukulele, the banjo, and the harmonica, but his real passion is for the guitars. And he has a black motorcycle.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Alice Rose Fredericks.

Role: Participant.

History/ Why you came here: There is a wooden piano in Alice's house, always has been, and when she was little she would bang on the keys. One day, when Alice was two, her mother realized that what she was doing sounded like songs that played on the radio or that Alice had heard her parents play. So, at age three, Alice took up piano. She's been very passionate about it her entire life, and would spend her summer days telling her friends she couldn't play right then because she wanted to practice. Alice's parents are very encouraging of their only daughter and were always there at concerts for support and taking her to and from practices and competitions. When Alice's dad found out about this school, he immediately enrolled her.

Instrument Specialized in: Piano

General Ad classes you attend: Math, World History, Science

Appearance: Alice stands at five feet four inches and is very petite. Her once black hair has been dyed purple, and it's cut pretty short. She has pale, rosy skin, and bright, emerald green eyes. She wears bare minimum make up. Alice has long, pianist fingers and she wears a silver ring on every other one (Left hand: ring finger, index finger. Right hand: Thumb, middle finger, pinky.).

Personality: Alice is a very sweet, kind girl. She has a large loving heart and she's friends with literally everyone. She's pretty outgoing and she'll be the first to crack a joke. She has a soft smile that she eternally wears. Alice loves to be with people and around music. She's a strong believer in fate.

Other: None.
Live, Love, Laugh

82 Reviews

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:09 pm
gleek456 says...

WILL POST CHARACTER LATER
Last edited by gleek456 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:18 am
RainyDay says...

Name: Charli Wilson

Role: General AD student

History/ Why you came here: Charli has never been anything extraordinary. She grew up in an average family with an older sister and brother, and a little brother. Her older brother has aspergers, her older sister has autism, and her little brother has ADHD and sever cases of OCD. Charli came here to make it easier for her parents to handle her siblings, so she wouldn't be in the way.

General Ad classes you attend: Math, Journalism, Art, Chemistry, World History, Biology, English II

Appearance: Charli has dark brown hair that goes down beneath her shoulder blades and her eyes are dark brown as well. She has a fair skin tone and wears black framed glasses. She stands at five feet seven inches.

Personality: Charli is a pretty shy, quiet girl. She's used to just fading into the background, but she really just wants someone to befriend and talk to. She has a kind heart and always puts others before herself. She automatically puts everything in order, no matter what it is, from biggest to smallest, because her brother's aspergers gives him the need to do so. She's a great listener and is always willing to help out.

Other: None

84 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*cough cough*
Live, Love, Laugh

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:04 am
VuzzyCat says...

Save me a female Virtus character please! I'll post a profile tomorrow. This sounds really good!
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story.
<3 VuzzyCat

84 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:12 am
fictionfanatic says...

I will edit my profile soon. And Rainy has told me to say she will too. Sorry I havent yet...its been kinda hectic for me, and as for Rainy, her bottom floor flooded and her computer got wet and, well, burst into flames. So not only has she been doing everything via phone (until today when she used my computer), she hasnt had time to edit her profiles. So sorry from both of us, and we will both edit soon.
Live, Love, Laugh

82 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:28 pm
gleek456 says...

VuzzyCat- Thanks! I saved you a slot already. Post soon!

fictionfanatic/RainyDay- No problem and... the computer burst into flames? Wow, that's huge. No problem, I totally understand.

82 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:44 pm
gleek456 says...

Name: Marissa Vanderven

Appearance: Marissa has long, blonde, curly hair and olive green eyes. Marissa has a fit and athletic build, and a slim figure. She's not as muscular as men, but she has muscles. Marissa is pretty tall. She likes to wear pastel colors. Marissa always wears her hair up whenever she's fighting or training.

Spoiler! :
600full-amber-heard.jpg
Marissa Vanderven
600full-amber-heard.jpg (268.98 KiB) Viewed 297 times

Past/Criminal Record: Marissa was arrested for murdering her ex-boyfriend. Apparently, her ex-boyfriend was cheating on her with another girl. This made Marissa go mad and kill her ex-boyfriend with a knife. Marissa was arrested, then bailed out and taken in by the Head of the Virtus. Before she was arrested, her family didn't really pay attention to her. Marissa had to pay for her own school tuition, gymnastics lessons, and so on.

Skills/ Strengths: Marissa's skills are combat fighting and knife handling. She is a very good kick-boxer and being a gymnast, it can be useful to her fighting, making it graceful and easier to move. Marissa can use technology well. She is excellent with a the gun.

Weaknesses: Marissa can let her trust and kindness get in the way of her fighting. Marissa can let her temper out easily and take it out on others. Marissa can't really handle the katana.

Other: I noticed that I forgot to mention the Personality. You can mention it in the other. Marissa's personality is quiet and serious. She is serious about work, about hurting others, and everything. Marissa can give the impression that she is such a rude girl, but once you get to know her, she can be a nice, and trustworthy person. She is up for love, and she's straight.
Last edited by gleek456 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

51 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:52 pm
VuzzyCat says...

You're Profile: The Virtus/ The Virtus Crew

Name: Ivy Larson

Appearance:
Ivy has blonde hair, and blue eyes. She is average height, and thin. She is really pretty.

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Past/Criminal Record:
Ivy is a thief, a really, really good thief. She stole some major important artefact (like the Mona Lisa) just to see if she could do it, and for fun :D She stole it… easily, and only got caught when a co-worker turned her in.

Skills/ Strengths:
Ivy can do pretty much anything on her own. She can pick locks, hide anywhere, and in anything, and really stealthy. She’s flexible and fast.

Weaknesses:
Ivy hates being in crowds. It’s harder to hide, and she doesn’t trust anyone.

Other:
Ivy does things for the heck of it, not because someone told her to, or because she is getting paid or whatever. She just wants to… and that’s it.
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

<3 VuzzyCat

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:06 pm
Justagirl says...

Can the gun handling teacher be a female? If not, message me and I'll change my profile...

Name: Amelia Jurmene

Appearance: Sorry for the huge picture.
Spoiler! :
Tall, doesn't care at all about what she wears (therefore mostly t-shirts and jeans). Almost always wears dark sunglasses (like in the picture), but under the sunglasses has light brown eyes.

Past/Criminal Record: After her parents were killed she went on a murder rampage until she was recruited by the Virtus Corporation to train people.

Skills/ Strengths: Guns - she's an amazing shot. She's also pretty good at hiding her emotions. And she can stay calm in most situations.

Weaknesses: Short temper, hates some specific smells - when she smells them, she'll usually leave immediately. Her eyes are also so sensitive to the light that if there's too much of it she has to cover her eyes (if she doesn't have her sunglasses on).

Other: Amelia practically knew how to shoot before she could walk. Her parents taught her how to shoot in almost any situation with any gun and any amount of ammo. She was very close to her parents and they were close to her.
Her dad had been an agent for the FBI and her mom an agent for a different secret organization in Russia. Both had retired once her mom had gotten pregnant and were sworn to secrecy with death to them and all their friends and family as a punishment for letting anything about their former jobs leak.
They decided to work in a home lab to try and find cures to the common cold. So, Amelia is also pretty good at healing common injuries, infections, and diseases or viruses.
When Amelia was 13 her parents' lab was bombed. Since she had been walking to the house she was not harmed by the bomb or heat but some shrapnel still got to her and pierced her all over her back. She has many small to medium scars from it.
After her parents were killed she immediately went on a murderous rampage using the extensive amount of guns and ammo that they had in the house. The Virtus took her in before the police caught her, brought her back to her rational mind, and convinced her to train the future Virtus kids.

Her eyes are very sensitive to light - that's why she always wears dark sunglasses - because of a piece of shrapnel with some weird chemicals on it from the bomb that killed her parents.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

82 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:28 pm
View Likes
gleek456 says...

Justagirl, your character can be a female! No problem!

51 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:50 pm
VuzzyCat says...

Hey Gleek, can we start writing? I'm really excited for this and I want to start

<3 VuzzyCat

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:58 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Save me a spot for a female character in the Virtus please!

I'll post my profile as soon as I can.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor