z

Young Writers Society

The Virtus vs. The Division (Accepting!)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:04 pm
Shadowlight says...

I like your baddie Bee, she sounds so cool! (yet very realistic at the same time) :D

and I can see Ade and Rafe having some interesting conversations. XD
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:19 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

lol, that'll be something to see!
Llamas do not have six packs

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:26 pm
gleek456 says...

Awesome orioles Kindred! Sure, I'm totally fine with you having two profiles.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

82 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:34 pm
gleek456 says...

(Hey guys! I guess we could start now! So excited!)

Marissa Vanderven

I slowly open my eyes, expecting to be in a gloomy, grey cell. Though, I wasn't. I was in a bright white... Hospital bed? I felt my cheek and examined my fingers. Of course, my mascara ran when I was crying. I look around to see other people in the same position as me.They all seemed to be awake, also with a confused face.

I look around in my position. The big room had bright lights, and looked exactly like any other hospital room. Though, the walls were grey, and metal. A man stood in front of the doors, with other adults. He was tall and skinny, with white hair and he looks old. He has a big smile across his face.

"I see our trainees woke up," he said happily. I look at him with an even more confused look. Trainees? What does he mean?

"You all remember your names, right?" he asked. He didn't wait for our answer. "And you also remember your past? Good. Now, this is your new home!" he said with his arms spread. He stepped aside to reveal few more adults.

"This is the faculty. They will explain anything you need to know, if you have questions. Now, to introduce myself. I'm the Head if the Virtus. Pretty much, I'm the captain who runs the whole ship," he said. I pinched the side of my blanket.

"You have all been taken in based on your criminal record," he explained. "You're purpose here, is to help us defeat the traitors of the Virtus, also known as the Division." He gestured to the faculty.

"They will help you train in order to defeat them," he said. He turned to the faculty.

"You may introduce yourselves for now. I have some business with the hacker," he explained. They all nodded, and the Head left.

(Hope this gave everyone a good start to continue!)

17 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:49 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

Ade Cruciotti

I groaned and sat up, looking around the gloomy cell and grinned. A cell? Really? That was original. The man gave his speech, which I barely listened to up until he told us to introduce ourselves.
"Hey, wait a minute! I have a question!" I called as he headed out the door.
He turned and looked at me. "Yes Ade?"
"Why were we chosen for this Virtus thing?"
"Because of your criminal records."
"Criminal record? Me? Buddy, you have the wrong guy! I am more innocent than a newborn."
"We will see." He said in a cryptic tone and walked away. The door closed behind him and I jumped out of bed.
"I'm Ade Cruciotti, 19 year old. I haven't done anything wrong. Unless you count blowing up a bank." I said and grinned at all the people in the room. "Does anyone have any food?"

82 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:33 pm
gleek456 says...

Marissa Vanderven

I rolled my eyes at Ade, who did "nothing wrong". When he finished, it was my turn. I quickly wipe away the wet mascara off my face, and stood up.

"Marissa Vanderven, 19, killed ky ex-boyfriend," I said as if it were normal. I turned to Ade.

"And you're probably here because of that," I said sternly. "That is all." I sat back down on the bed. I grabbed a tissue from the tissue box on the night table beside me. I started wiping the mascara and lipstick off my face carefully, as I waited for the next person to introduce themselves.

Reviews: 4
Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 pm
Dethl says...

The Division
Name: Nate Rivers (Ian Lock)
Appearance: Like this, but his skin is a little bit more pale and his eyes are blue/gray/green
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

Personality: Ian is smart, cold and calculating, even when he always seems fresh, he can suddenly lose his sanity.
Past/ How you've escaped the Virtus: Ian Lock (whose original name is Nate Rivers) was born in a wealthy German family. At a young age Ian developed a huge attraction toward literature and poetry. When he was eleven, three murders were injustically attributed to him, since they were identical to his poems. After this, when he turned thirteen he became part of the Virtus, some sparks of his past were still alive in his memory. When he was fifteen Aliester Crow became part of the Virtus Crew as Persuasion Instructor , he and Ian became very close. Crow was like a big brother for Ian. Two years later Crow was murdered, and again, it was attributed to Ian. He ran away and swore to get revenge on Crow's murder, until he was persuaded to join to the Division by Zarina Vulhov(ex girlfriend and ex Virtus trainee) who would help him in his revenge.
Skills/Strengths: Other than his extraordinary ability with swords and knives, leadership and unique strategy skills, what can be considered his greatest virtue is his ability to persuade, he always get the others to do what he wants.
Weaknesses: Ever since kid, Ian has brought misfortune and pain to those he loves, so he fears to get emotionally close to anyone. He covers it with indifference and coldness. Ian surfers from Bipolar Disorder.
Other: He has a soft British accent, since he learned English when he moved to the UK from Germany. He talks Dutch, English, French and Spanish.
Ian is a great poet and novelist. He also loves drawing and photography. He's a master when it comes to playing piano and violin.
Up for love?: maybe
Last edited by Dethl on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

82 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:57 pm
gleek456 says...

Great profile Dethl! You can post if you want. Just to say, Division members are in the "discussion room". They rounded up all the best agents they have. They're discussing the Virtus's strategy of recruitment. I'll post what the Virtus looks like on the inside, same with the Division tomorrow.
Last edited by gleek456 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reviews: 4
Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:39 am
Dethl says...

gleek456 wrote:Great profile Dethl! You can post if you want. Just to say, Division members are in the "discussion room". They rounded up all the best agents they have. They're discussing the Virtus's strategy of recruitment. I'll post what the Virtus looks like on the inside, same with the Division.

Ok I'll wait for it to write my first post.

82 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:09 pm
gleek456 says...

Hey guys! Sorry if this post is long, I added pictures of the Virtus and the Division on the inside, provided with a description of what you do there:

The Virtus

Infirmary:

Spoiler! :
IMP120048H_P_An-empty-hospital-room.jpg
infirmary
IMP120048H_P_An-empty-hospital-room.jpg (70.11 KiB) Viewed 127 times

In the Virtus infirmary, this is where recruits are treated. The new recruits wake up in this room, and try to recall what happened before they passed out. Anyone in the Virtus are treated here if there any accidents in training, if they are injured from being *activated, or is ill.

The infirmary is run by Nurse Emma Wilson.

Training Room:

Spoiler! :
weight_room3.jpg
training room
weight_room3.jpg (38.17 KiB) Viewed 127 times

This is where the Virtus trainees train and learn from the faculty. In the Training Room, there are weights, treadmills, ect. provided. In the middle of the room, there are mats on the ground. The center of the Training Room is where you train in combat.

The Training Room: Katana Area is run by Instructor Elle Krator

Training Room: Gun Training

In this room, the walls are solid metal. The lights are dimmed, but you can still see clearly. There is a target chart hanging on the end of the room, and there are metal booths that keep you from passing a restricted area. You train behind the metal booths, to ensure safety.

The Training Room: Gun Training Area is run by Instructor Amelia Jurmene.

The Training Room: Explosives Area (Outdoors)

In a secluded area outdoors, this is where you train with explosives and such. The area is pretty large, and is mostly covered by grass and trees. In the middle of the yard, there is a yellow line. Past the yellow line is where the "dummies" are. They are used for the explosives training. Behind the yellow line, is where you are supposed to stay while training.

The Training Room: Explosives Area is run by Instructor Rafe Gable

Conference Hall For the Virtus Faculty:

Spoiler! :
meeting-room-night.jpg
conference room
meeting-room-night.jpg (330.4 KiB) Viewed 127 times

The Conference Hall is where the Virtus Faculty meet and discuss the progress of certain trainees. Here, trainees can be called down and can be activated or promoted to part of the faculty. Here is where the faculty also discuss important matters about the Division.

The Conference Hall is run by the Head.

Dining Hall:

Spoiler! :
Massey-dining-hall.jpg
Dining Hall
Massey-dining-hall.jpg (262.52 KiB) Viewed 127 times

In the Dining Hall, this is where all trainees and faculty members meet to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dining Hall is off limits unless it's breakfast, lunch or dinner time. Everyone just eats here, it's all there is too it.

Dorms:

Spoiler! :
berlin.jpg
dorms
berlin.jpg (31.12 KiB) Viewed 127 times

This is where trainees and faculty sleep in after dinner. There are two dorm rooms: one for the faculty, and one for the trainees. Here's the bed arrangements:

Faculty:

Rafe Gable-------------------------------Isabelle Krator
Emma Wilson----------------------------Amelia Jurmene

Trainees:

Marissa Vanderven----------------------Ade Cruciotti
Ivy Larsen--------------------------------Roxy Ashton

Notes:
*activated- Means to be assigned to a mission involving the Division and such.

(Hope this explained the Virtus well!)

The Division

Let's say it's exactly the same look as the Virtus, except the lights are dimmer, and there's a more gloomy, intimidating aura. The infirmary has the same purpose, so does the training room, dining hall, and dorms. The Conference Hall (to the Division, known as the Meeting Hall), is where you send you're best recruits out to sabatoge and annihilate the Virtus.

Dorms:

Katja Prusskiev----------------------------Ian Lock
Augie Cruciotti-----------------------------Danielle Margot

Hope this explained well! I worked extra hard on this!
Last edited by gleek456 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

17 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:49 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

That's cool Gleek!

Augie Cruciotti

I glared at the facility for the virtus, wondering how Ade was doing. He had been carried in hours ago and would probably be waking up soon. I still couldn't believe that he was stupid enough to blow up a bank, I mean, really! This was what happened when he didn't have someone to keep an eye on him and persuade him to not do things like that! And the only reason I hadn't been there keeping him out of trouble was because I was in the Virtus facility being trained! I growled at the place. I would get Ade out of there. He wasn't Virtus material. I just couldn't imagine my little brother out fighting against my team, he would be crushed. When I left he was just a little nerd boy who lit things on fire and kept singing off his eyebrows, not exactly the type of person the Virtus wanted. He made too many mistakes, he was careless, and when he wanted to do something he could be easily persuaded to stop. Being a Virtus trainee would kill him.

I sat there, staring at the infirmary windows, wondering how he was taking it, and what I could do to save him from his almost certain death in their hands. Then it came to me. If we took out the Virtus, he would never be put through the training program. I had to take out the Virtus.

Ade Cruciotti

I ignored the dark look the Marrissa girl gave me and wandered over to one of the windows to look out. The landscape was... Boring. It was hilly, sorta green and had trees. Not super close together but not so spread out that they were scarce. I mean seriously, how much more normal could the landscape get? This place was so average it was frustrating. But it seemed almost familiar somehow, as well. Not in an i've-seen-this-before sense but a I've-imagined-this-from-something-I've-read sort of way. But where? I mulled over that thought for a minute before it hit me. Augie's letters! My older sister August who disappeared six years ago! She had described a place exactly like this one in the two letters that I got!
I looked at the faculty excitedly, looking for Augie's black hair and blue eyes, but I didn't see her at all. Not even someone that looked similar to her. Maybe I was mistaken. Maybe I was just being stupid and hoping to see my sister and best friend for the first time in 6 years and imagined it. I looked back out the window to hide my sudden bad mood and regroup to at least pretend to be my usual happy-go-lucky self.
Something moved in the shadow of a tree, and I focused on it. A woman, wearing all black. Black hair. Small. Augie! I grinned and almost called out, but didn't. How stupid would it be if I did that and it wasn't her. It was just my imagination. But just in case I was right and we were in the same place I turned and looked one of the faculty in the eye. "Have you ever heard of August Daisy Cruciotti? She goes by Augie."

82 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:04 pm
gleek456 says...

(Yay! Thanks Bee!)

Marissa Vanderven

I noticed that the Ade boy approached the window beside his bed. He seemed bored, than all of a sudden, really excited. When he turned around and began talking to a faculty member, I approach the window. Nothing, nothing was there. No people, no animals, nothing.

What's this guy's problem? I thought to myself. I turned back to pay attention to their conversation.

"Have you ever heard of August Diasy Cruciotti? She goes by Augie," he asked. I sat back down on my bed.

"Judging by the last name, she's your sister?" I asked. Ade turned around. I run my hand through my hair and swing my legs while sitting, waiting for his answer.
Last edited by gleek456 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

42 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:58 pm
Shadowlight says...

"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

42 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:45 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Could some one just slip me in? Thanks...x
Signature Pending

17 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:50 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Ade Cruciotti

I looked over at the Marissa girl and grinned. "She's my wife, actually." I said, keeping my face as straight as possible.
"Your wife?" One girl asked skeptically, looking at me.
"No, she's my daughter actually." I said, wondering if anyone was buying this joke. "now that I've filled you in on all my deepest darkest secrets, who are you guys?"

((Perfect time to slip in Princess of Darkness! I don't wanna introduce your character because I don't really get her just yet))

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy