z

Young Writers Society

Runaway Elements (full)

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:29 am
BelarusBirdy says...

Twelve runaways (ages 12-18) find out they are really part of an ancient race of almost human beings. They live indefinitely, and each has control over an element. (Fire and water don't get along, nor do fire and earth. Use common sense here!!!) Don't completely copy other people's reasons for running away!If there's a lot of one type of Element, don't use it. No one can have the same combination of elements. Your element matches your personality!!

Accepting six girls and six boys

Elements:
Fire
Air
Earth
Water
Time
Heat
Cold
Sound
(You can be two elements, but they have to make sense. No "Fire and Water" but "Water and Cold/Heat" is okay. Just nothing that is a total contradiction. If you're two elements, you can control either elements, but your level of control over each is weaker, at first. It could grow stronger. Maybe.)

Rules:
No sex scenes. Romance is fine, but keep it PG, please. If you don't, your character will die or disappear or something.
All the regular rules of YWS apply here too.
Use good grammar, and no little tiny three word posts.
Swearing is okay, but no f bomb's and keep it to a minimum.
Read all the posts before you post, and if something doesn't work, edit it.
Put your character's name at the top of each post so it doesn't get confusing.

Profile:
Name:
Physical description:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Characters:
Girls-
-BelarusBirdy (Water and Sound)
-fictionfanatic (Air and Cold)
-MisunderstoodDreamer (Fire)
-PrincessOfDarkness (Time and Sound)
-Array (Water and Time)
-tgirly (Water)
Boys-
-Redfang18 (Time and Fire)
-fictionfanatic (Water and Cold)
-Guess (Earth)
-sylverdawn (Air and Time)
-MyStoryLine (Fire)
-MyStoryLine (Earth)
Last edited by BelarusBirdy on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 20 times in total.
A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes. I screamed aloud as it tore through them and now it's left me blind.
Florence and the Machine, Cosmic Love

41 Reviews

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:59 am
BelarusBirdy says...

Name: Rain Storm Crypti

Element: Water and Sound

Physical description: Pale skin that burns badly in the sun, so she tends to stay in the shadows. She can't tan at all, not even spray tan. She has long, thick platinum blond hair that doesn't hold dye, no matter how dark she tries to dye it. Doesn't look it, but she's rather strong. Slender and about 5'10" when she's barefoot. Gray eyes that seem to change to blue and violet, depending on her mood.
Spoiler! :
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LrH0K-EP35k/S2n8l_e1fRI/AAAAAAAAAKE/jn3L4i3jmfc/s400/blonde+hair.jpg
Like this but with much longer hair.

Personality: Very quiet. Artistic and creative. Doesn't speak her mind and breaks the rules without explaining herself.

History: Adopted as a baby, she has the strangest feeling she never really fit in, whether it was with her family, at church, at school. As a child she accepted what the adults said (that is a child's nature) but now she has questions of her own. She doesn't believe in the church as much as she's supposed to. She can accept the modern world, but finds herself unable to embrace it. She lacks the view of "reality" most have, and she prefers to dream all day. She suffered from what was diagnosed as clinical depression most of her life, but she never took the medicines. She got in a bad fight with her parents and ran away.

Other: Her good grades in school are not understood, because she spends most of the school day sleeping and doodling. She never breaks a promise, unless two conflicting things appear.
A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes. I screamed aloud as it tore through them and now it's left me blind.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:10 am
Redfang18 says...

Name: Arthur Thomastien
Element: mainly Time, but uses Fire to cover his tracks
Physical description: parchment pale with black waist-length hair, strange bloodred eyes, athletic build, and always wearing black from neck to toe. Has a dragon medallion around his neck, but hidden under his shirt at all times.
Personality: loyal to those who are friends, willing to die for any girl who he finds suitable, defensive of his pride, and exactly like a gentleman. His manners vary by who's speaking to him. He talks respectfully to the higher class and talks kindly to the lower class. His one flaw is his fear of snakes of any size (snakes scare the crap out of him the second he sees a snake). He also doesn't talk much since he spent most of his life on the streets, hiding from the cops and his father's hired hands.
History: hardly anything is really known about Arthur. He often comes and goes unnoticed like a ghost at any time. From what he knows of himself, he was the lovechild of an English prince and an African slave. He discovered his power over time when he was three, but also stumbled upon his power of fire at the same age. His mother was murdered by a burglar, who was burned alive by a frightened eight-year-old Arthur. For the past decade since his mother's murder, Arthur taught himself how to maintain a low profile and control fire at will. His power over time has been a long-kept secret for quite some time, but there's been several occasions when he needed time to escape a tight spot or avoid a trap.
Other: He's also full of mischief at some degree. Often times he pranks someone only to distract a very large group from catching him. Because of his ten years of wandering on the streets, he's a master thief. However, he never steal from women, but for them to earn their respect. Often than not, he goes by the names Ghostfire and Muta- Ghostfire to name his element (which is dark purple to a light grey) and Muta for his silence when he comes and goes. He responds to either of these names more than his real one since these were more common for him and he was called by these names in public or behind his back.
Last edited by Redfang18 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:32 am
fictionfanatic says...

I would like to reserve a spot for a girl and a guy. One with air and cold, and one with water. I'm not sure which will have which yet, though.
Live, Love, Laugh

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:56 am
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Save me a spot for a girl please! Not sure what elements yet, but I'll tell you as soon as I know!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:59 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Name: Lidz
Element: Time and Sound
Physical description: Short brown hair and blue eyes. Wears jeans and a top normaly, is a bit of a tomboy
Personality: Determined, brave, tomboy, sarcastic, competative.
History: Orphan.
Other: Looking for love?
Signature Pending

84 Reviews

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:13 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Misty Meade

Element: Air and Cold

Physical description: Misty stands at five feet eight inches and is petite. Her skin is so pale it's almost translucent. She has pale blue eyes that look like a foggy, misty day. She very pale pink lips that she usually keeps a clear gloss on. Misty has long, pale blonde, straight hair, and she only ever wears white or very very pale blue colors.

Personality: Misty is a very watchful person. She's full of knowledge and is so wise you'd think she's as ancient as, well, the wind. Misty thinks everything through before doing it, she thinks that everything happens for a reason, and she's a strong believer in fate. Often times she tries to do too many things at once, so she can get a little frazzled sometimes. When she gets like that, she'll be quick to snap at someone for the littlest thing. She loves to be around people and talk to them, and she's big on building good relationships with people. She''s not one to ever complain and she takes whatever life throws at her.

History: Misty and Skyler are what's known as Irish Twins. Misty was born in Janruary and Skyler was born in December. Their mother left when they were about three years old, and they only heard from her on their birthdays when she would send a card and $50. Their father was never really around, because he was either working or with one of Misty and Skyler's many "aunts." It reached the point of neglect, where he would stay away for weeks, not buy them food or clothing, not even talk to them really. One day, Misty and Skyler were sitting on the edge of their pool, and he came home and he said social services would be there soon, saying that he couldn't handle them and was putting them up for adoption. They were ten at the time, but they were really angry. Misty forced her father into the pool with the wind and Skyler froze the water. Realizing what they'd just done, they ran off.

Other: Up for love. She never really gets cold all that much, but she gets hot pretty fast. She's also capable of taking the oxygen out of fire, thus snuffing it out.

Name: Skyler Meade

Element: Water and Cold

Physical description: Skyler stands at five feet eight inches and is kinda thin. He has dark, blue-green eyes that look like the ocean, and his skin has been tanned from the sun. His hair is a blonde brunette mix and cut relatively short.

Personality: Skyler is big on making sure everyone adn everything ese is okay before taking care of himself. He's what some describe as a caretaker and is nurturing. Skyler can be a pretty sensitive and emotional person. Skyler cars for all living things and refuses to kill even a gnat. He saves bugs and he appreciates life. Whenever he is around water he just seemes a lot...happier.

History: Same as Misty's.

Other: Up for love. He's capable of pulling water out of the air.

*I'm assuming it's past Janruary but not yet December, so that's why Misty is 17 and Skyler is 16.*
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 0
Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:33 pm
Array says...

Girl spot please! Elements: Water and Time

Reviews: 0
Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:49 pm
Guess says...

Name: Elian James Carter

Element: Earth

Physical description: He's a tall guy with spiked brown hair and chocolate eyes. His looks are greatly favored by girls and he has a very charming smile.
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's a real charmer and generally liked by most people. Ladies love him, and he loves to use his talents to impress them. Guys like him for his easy going nature and flexibility. He tends to be dependent on the opinions of other people to make him feel good about himself, and tries way too hard to make people like him. It's a serious wound to his ego if people don't like him. He also has trouble commiting to anything. He loves partying and having a good time.

History: He grew up with two parents that spolied him. Then when he got into high school his parents got a divorce and he was forced to live with his mother. She refused to get a job, and the checks from his father stopped coming. His weekend parties stopped, and he was forced to get a job and do things on his own. He came home one day to find his mom on the couch with a man twenty years older than her. He soon found out he had a lot of money, and there laid his mother's only attraction to him. He was nice to Elian in person, but when Elian's mom wasn't home he would often beat down on Elian and hit him. Elian's mom (Elise) and Roger(the man) got married a year later. They left Elian at home while they went off to Paris for a honeymoon. Not willing to accept their marriage and his new "dads" awful treatment, Elian ran away halfway through thir vacation, giving him a head start before they noticed he was gone.

Other: He took a nice sum of five hundred dollars from his new daddy's wallet before running away.
Life's just full of questions....stop asking me and go find some hippie on a mountain.

84 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:27 am
fictionfanatic says...

Belarus, my boy is WATER and cold, not air. My girl charrie is air
Live, Love, Laugh

41 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:35 am
BelarusBirdy says...

Sorry.

17 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:36 am

I'm still a bit confused about the sound, heat, cold, and time elements...
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

41 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:39 am
BelarusBirdy says...

I made them up. I get bored of "Water, Earth, Air, Fire," all the time. So I thought I would make it more fun and add some more. I'm weird that way.

17 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:54 am

Ooooh! I think that's really cool! I was just confused. So what are the powers if you have control over those? Sorry, I ask a lot of questions.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:17 am
sylverdawn says...

Would like to reserve a spot for a guy with control of air and time.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

rule #1 of being a potato: potatoes gotta defend their friends from negative self-talk
— Spearmint