z

Young Writers Society

A Dance for the Wounded Butterfly STARTING/ACCEPTING

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:30 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

When Adaline asked what our plan should be for the circus, I point to each drapes since I didn't have my writing pad. Adaline nodded. I quickly jump on one of the drapes and gesture Adaline towards the drape beside me. She quickly follows. I gesture that she should come up with a routine, since she's more experienced then I am.
"My turn?" she asked. I nodded.

(Sorry it's short, I didn't know what Adaline would come up with)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:29 am
Redfang18 says...

Max

While the girls did their practice of their performance, I climbed up the highrope to do my part. I almost jumped when I heard Mother's piccolo. I sighed. Morgan's playing Mother's piccolo again, I thought. You never get tired of playing that beautiful instrument, do you, Big Brother? I whistled and called, "Adaline! Natalia! Listen to that music!"
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 am
emoticon220 says...

(Its ok gleek!)
Adaline:
Natalia gestured for me to start the routine. I climbed and she followed my lead. I wrapped the drap through my body and feet until I was a star. I turned around and spun. She followed. I leaned out into a flight pose and she did the same grabbing my hand we twisted around like a mobile statue. Soon we had a routine down and began to practice it. A small quiet note was played. It sounded vaguely familiar but being so focused I couldn't hear it much.
"Adaline! Natalia! Listen to that music!" Max called.
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

82 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:20 am
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

Once we got our routine done, we began to practice it over and over, until we heard a familiar sound. It was Morgan's piccolo playing again.

"Adaline! Natalia! Listen to that music!" Harmonia called out. Me and Adaline stopped for a minute to listen to the beautiful music once again. I slide my way down to get a better balance, and Adaline followed. I clasp my hands and hold them to my mouth, closing my eyes and savoring the music.

32 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:50 am
Redfang18 says...

Morgan

Although I heard Max tell the ladies to listen, I kept playing Mother's piccolo, tears falling down my face as I went to a sorrowful tune. I began to remember that night I stole Mother's piccolo from my father's vault. I knew where it was and Mother gave me the combination to crack. It took me five minutes to crack the combination, but my father tried to stop me from getting Mother's piccolo. I growled, "You should've let us in. Max and I are your sons. It's our house, too."
My father said, "No, boy. This is my house. I don't want children in my house. As for that musical stick, it gets thrown in a bonfire tonight."
I threw a paperweight at my father's head and watched him go down. I knelt eye-level with him and said, "It's called a piccolo. If Max and I are no longer welcome into your life, then you're no father of ours." I grabbed Mother's piccolo and went out the window to join Max. After that, we were offically runaways. Back to the present, I played through the tears. Mother loved me and Max. She gave us life and raised us in spite of our father's constant neglect. I ended my song on a sad note, then stashed the piccolo under my pillow. I knew I was still crying, so I got on Max's bunk and cried in his pillow to muffle my loud bawls.

~~~Les Miserables

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:21 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

After a few hours of rehearsing with Adaline, I decided to stop for a break. I was in desperate need of water and air, so I decided to get some air outside. The ground crunched at my feet as I inhaled the air. The sky was blue, and there were a few clouds in sight. It was a beautiful day. I sat down, in my costume, hoping that I won't dirty it.

I wonder if I'll ever see my family and friends again, I thought to myself. I started to examine my costume, a leotard with florals as the design. Pink and purple flowers decorated the white fabric. I miss my regular clothes from home, skirts, pastel colors, blouses, ladylike clothes. I start to reminisce to kill time.

32 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:21 pm
Redfang18 says...

Morgan

After a while, I dressed up in my costume for the night's performance. Max ran in with a paniced look on his face. I asked, "What's your problem, Little Brother?"
Max answered, "I just saw our father in the audience. If he recognizes us, we're dead meat."
I said, "That's why we wear masks during every performance, my younger twin. Besides, it's been four years since he last saw us. With or without the masks, he still won't know it's us. We're perfectly safe here. He hardly even knows we are here. This is our sanctuary."
Max shook his head and said, "He's got a cop with him. We're no longer runaways, Morgan. We're wanted criminals. If our father sees us, then we're going to jail the minute he knows it's us."
I shivered in fear. Although he's my younger twin, Max was wise in ways I could never understand. I whispered, "Now I'm scared, Max. I'm not fit for jail. We both aren't fit for jail." I felt like crying. "I want my mother."
Max held me in his arms and whispered, "I know, Morgan. I want my mother, too."
We cried in each other's arms, then the girls came. I couldn't man up to tell them the truth, nor could Max. The both of us just cried, like little children.

~~~Les Miserables

82 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:36 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

When me and Adaline walked in the room, fully dressed in our costumes, we heard sniffles an sobs. We quickly rushed in. Luckily, I had my writing pad and pencil with me.

What happened? I scribbled. But Morgan and Harmonia were too sad to respond, so me and Adaline just did what we could without saying anything. We started to comfort them. I sat with Morgan while Adaline sat with Harmonia. We started to stroke their backs and Adaline started saying that everything is going to be fine. Hopefully they'll tell us before the show.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:41 pm
emoticon220 says...

Adaline:
Natalia and i walked into the boys room, ready for the show. We found them crying.
What happened? Natalia asked. But they were too upset to respond. We sat with them, I with Max and Natalia with Eris, Comforting them.
"Shhh. Shhhh. I got you, I'm here." I whispered to Max, rocking him in my arms.
When there was a knock on the door I answered it.
"Shows in 20 minuets." said a particularly grouchy Pacil, "Aye! What are you doing in the boys room, eh?"
I smiled and thanked him for telling us.
"Just talking about the show." , I said closin g the door and returning to Max.
I looked at the boys and Natalia.
"If he goes to Headmaster were all in trouble."
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

82 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

We were comforting the boys peacefully until Pacil entered the room.
"Shows in 20 minutes," he notified us. "Aye! What are you doing in the boy's room, eh?"

Adaline put on a smile and thanked him for notifying us and lied about talking about the show with the boys. Pacil left and Adaline closed the door, then turned to us.

"If he goes to headmaster, we're all in trouble," Adaline said.

I quickly stood up, took Adaline's hand, waved goodbye to the boys, and left. I scribbled on my pad.

We're going to have to lie if he does, I gave the pad to Adaline as we ran to our room. Any minute Pacil will be dragging the ringmaster to the boys room. They'll probably still be in their sad state, so they'll have to direct to our room. We're going to have to lie about it to get us off the hook.

32 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:00 am
Redfang18 says...

Max

After Pacil left, Morgan straightened himself up and put on his mask. He seemed like he suddenly went cold as stone. He tossed me my mask and went to the door. He asked, "You coming or not, Little Brother?"
I put on my mask and answered, "I'm coming, Eris." I looked at Adaline. "I can't tell you about why my twin and I were crying. Not until after the show."
Morgan said, "Stop lolligagging and let's get this show on the road."
I snuck a hug onto Adaline and went to the highrope with Morgan. We climbed up and waited for our cue.

~~~Les Miserables

82 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:21 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

Me and Adaline waited until it was our time to perform in the Circus. Morgan and Harmonia were waiting for their cue until the Ringmaster finshes his opening. I start writing something down and showd it to Adaline.

Do you know why those two were crying?, it said. Adaline just looked at me with a sad expression and shrugged.

"I think it'd be best if they told us first," she said. I started scribbling and held the pad up.

If they'd tell us, we could help them, it said. Adaline read the pad then looked at me and said, "Maybe Natalia, maybe."

(I had to post! I don't want this SB to die!)

32 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Redfang18 says...

Max

As we waited for the Ringmaster to finish his opening speech, I scanned the crowd for our father. Just my luck, there he was. A tall man wearing glasses at the front row. Typical of him, I thought. He always did like to be at the best seats in the house, anyway. I cracked my knuckles and took a breath. With a sigh, I whispered, "Here goes nothing."
The Ringmaster called me and Morgan as the opening act.
Morgan looked nervous behind his tiger mask. He walked carefully on the highrope with his prized slingshot in hand. He beckoned me to him.
I waltzed right to him and gave him a water balloon. Knowing Morgan, the target was our father. I knew Morgan had an excellent aim when it comes to his slingshot. He hit our father square in the face. We jumped off the highrope and did flips in the air. I landed on my feet, standing on the net with a graceful stance.
Morgan just landed in the net, flat on his back. He didn't get up.
I paniced, "Big Brother?! Big Brother!"

~~~Les Miserables

82 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:38 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

Me and Adaline were watching the boy's performance. They were amazing, they did flips and everything. It was going smoothly, until Morgan landed on the net. He just layed there, on his back. My eyes widened and I run to the middle of the ring and kneel beside Morgan, gripping his shoulders. Harmony was behind me, yelling his brother's name.

I start shaking Morgan, but after a while, I thought it was useless. I cleared my throat, hoping the tears forming in my eyes wouldn't affect my speaking.

"Someone get help!" I yelled. Adaline ran for the phone. Harmonia knelt with me.

(Hope I portrayed Harmonia well!)
Last edited by gleek456 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

32 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:06 pm
Redfang18 says...

Max

I looked up and noticed my father and his cop companion were gone. I picked up Morgan and said to Natalia, "We have to leave. We have to leave now." I put Morgan over my shoulder and carried him to our room. Something was wrong with Morgan, I could feel it in my bones. I put my head on his chest and sighed in relief. His heart was still beating, so he was still alive. I whispered, "Come on, Big Brother. Talk to me. Don't leave me like this." I started sobbing.
Adaline came to the room and held me close to her. She asked, "What's wrong?"
I answered, "I'll tell you when my brother and I are out of danger. Our father was in the crowd with a cop at his side. If he finds out that my brother and I were in the cirque for the past four years, then it's off to prison with my brother and me."

*OOC: Gleek, ya did good.*

~~~Les Miserables

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec