Young Writers Society

A Dance for the Wounded Butterfly STARTING/ACCEPTING

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:32 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

I smiled guiltily. Max was right.

"Okay then, you guys will take red, I'll take orange," I said as I took the bottle in Adaline's hand and replaced it with orange. I handed the dye to Max.

"You guys can do eachother's hair, me and Adaline will help eachother," I said, before turning and walking towards Adaline.

"Orange might not be my color, but I guess it'll look cute," I said, examining the bottle in Adaline's hand.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:45 pm
emoticon220 says...

Adaline:
Natalia came back with hair dye.
"I've got dye! Adaline, be excited! I got you a pretty color!" I looked at her, Pretty color. My hair is a fine color.
"Don't be scared Adaline. I won't hurt you or anything. Plus, the dye doesn't hurt either," She thinks I think the dye will hurt me. I started to get a little angry, I didn't like being treated like a child.
"Okay, I have orange for the boys, blonde for Adaline, and red for me," She handed me a box.
"You can do my hair, and I'll do yours," I was sick of being told what to do. The boys flinched at the color orange.
"I rather be a redhead than have orange hair." Said Eris.
"I second that motion. Natalia, you could've asked us what kind of color we wanted our hair to be before jumping to that conclusion."
Eris tried to stand up but Max pushed him back down, telling him he needed to rest. I stood up and looked at Natalia.
"You aren't touching my hair." I said before walking outside. It was raining again and the air smelled nice.
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:28 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

??? ¬

I crouched in the corner, watching the bottles of dye be passed around. I was confused. What were they doing? I stiffled a sneeze, dust covered the boxes I was crouched behind. One of the girls looked my way, and I shrunk into the shadows. I'd been hiding here for at least an hour, my muscles were sore and cramped. I closed my eyes shut, succumbing to sleep. I jerked myself awake. No time for that. I had to talk to the Ringmaster, as soon as these girls had gone....
I snuck outside. A girl was stood there. I sneezed, and she looked my way. I ducked behind a wall.
Signature Pending

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:25 pm
Redfang18 says...

Max

I dyed both Morgan and my own hair to the point where it was as red as blood. It was obvious that we needed to run and hide to save ourselves, especially for the girls. I asked Morgan, "How are you, Big Brother?"
Morgan answered, "Willing to lead, Little Brother. I feel better." He tried to get up, but clutched his stomach and got down against the wall. "But then again, maybe not. I can't lead like this."
I put his head on my chest, comforting him. I whispered, "It's all right, Morgan. As long as the cops don't find us, we are safe together. You have me and the girls to look after now. But until you recover, you have us to look after you." I gently kissed his forehead and let him rest on me. Our twin bond told me Morgan was in some kind of pain that might end his life if I didn't act quick. Whatever was hurting him was obviously from the inside of him. But I wondered what was hurting him and what can I do to keep him alive for my sake. I closed my eyes and rested myself.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

I walked outside, where Adaline was standing. I take a deep breath and approach her. I stood beside her with my arms crossed.

"This is another reason why I don't talk," I said. Adaline turned to me, with a confused expression.

"I end up hurting people," I explained. Adaline continued to stand there.

"You don't have to dye your hair if you don't want to," I said. "I just want to help you guys be safe." I suddenly heard a sneeze. I quickly turn around, and find myself looking at the shade.

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:53 pm

??? ¬

Now two of them were here. And I'd sneezed again. The girl that had come out just now started towards the shadows. I scuttled backwards, and tripped.
"Ow!" I said, mentally cursing myself.
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:35 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

I slowly approach the shadow after hearing someone. Adaline look on. I quickly grab whatever I got a hold of. The person quickly came out. Apparently, I was holding their wrist.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" I ask with a tone.

(Sorry it's so short.)

42 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 pm

??? ¬

"I'm ... here because I want to be." I said, shaking, but then, seeing the girl was only my age, replied, "But why do you care? I need to speak to the Ringleader."

{Even shorter!}

Thanks!
Signature Pending

52 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:22 pm
emoticon220 says...

Adaline:
Natalia came out to talk but I was a bit too flustered to hear anything. I clenched my body and looked at her. Suddenly a sneeze came out of the shadows. Natalia grabbed at the person, a girl.
"Who are you, and what are you doing here?"
"I'm here because I want to be," said the girl. "But why do you care? I need to speak to the Ringleader."
"Ladies," I said my voice even and mature, I surprised even myself, "Theres no need for the tones in your voices. This is no way to introduce yourselves." I crossed my arms and walked over to the girl.
"I wouldn't talk to Ringmaster now...hes just lost 2 acts." I said, looking the girl in the eyes, "Adaline. Pleasuer to make your aquantiance. The girl gripping your arm right now is Natalia."
I out streched my hand for her to shake.
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

42 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:29 pm

??? ¬

Hesitantly, I shook the girls hand.
"I'm Arwen," I said as I shook off the other girls vice-like grip on my arm. "I need to speak to the Ringmaster. I coud replace one of the acts, if he woudn't mind. I'd be good at acrobatics, like swinging and stuff like that,"
"I wouldn't-"
"Please?" I asked. "And, errr ... why do you have hair dye?"
Signature Pending

32 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:04 am
Redfang18 says...

Morgan

I felt awful. I felt too weak to get up and lead. My stomach was hurting me and my head was on fire. Although Max was asleep, I could tell he was afraid I wasn't feeling so good. I tried to rise and managed to get on my feet. It was after twenty minutes of walking when I fell on my face. I murmured, "What's wrong with me? Why can't I stay on my feet? I have help the girls." I tried to get up again, but this time I couldn't. I felt so weak it was like I was dying. I turned myself over so my eyes would face the ceiling. I tried to stay calm, but couldn't. I closed my eyes and rested there on the floor, letting my body recharge itself.

Spoiler! :
*OOC: Somebody better think of something quick. Poor Morgan is sick and might be dying.*

~~~Les Miserables

52 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:51 pm
emoticon220 says...

Adaline:
The girl said she was Arwen. Then began to talk about the cirque. I didn;t hear her...something was wrong. I went inside to the boys. Eris was on the floor next to Max. Both were asleep. I put my hand on Morgans forehead. He was burning. His breathing was heavy. I shook him awake.
"Eris? Wake up."
"Wheres Natalia?" He asked groggily.
"Shes...outside. Can you stand up?" he tried and fell down again.
"Ok...lean on me." I dragged him to the bathroom and put some cold water on his face. "Where does it hurt?"
-Wallace Stevens

32 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:14 pm
Redfang18 says...

Morgan

I answered sickly, "Mostly my stomach. I can't understand why."
Adaline put more water on my face.
I coughed twice. "I don't feel so good, Adaline. I think I'm sick." I coughed a couple more times. "I can barely stand up. I think I might be dying."
Adaline looked like she was about to panic.
"I need to see a doctor. I can't seem to feel any better." I gagged. "I think I'm going to puke." I gagged more.

~~~Les Miserables

52 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 pm
emoticon220 says...

Adaline:
"Mostly my stomach. I can't understand why."
I put some more cool water on his face.
"I don't feel so good, Adaline. I think I'm sick. I can barely stand up. I think I might be dying."
I nearly choked. Dying? No...no! He can't be dying. Max...would be crushed and...Natalia and...No I couldn't let him die.
"I need to see a doctor. I can't seem to feel any better. I think I'm going to puke." I turned around and began to vomit violently. I stroked his back and thought. How could we get him to a doctor without the police seeing us or finding out?
"How will we not get caught?" I said aloud, still rubbing his back as he vomited into the toilet.
-Wallace Stevens

82 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:41 pm
gleek456 says...

Naalia Romerto:

I sensed something was wrong in the library. Instantly, I walked in the library, having Arwen following me. I suddenly see Adaline nursing a sick looking Morgan. I kneel beside him an turn to Adaline.

"What happened?" I asked. Adaline bit her lip.

"Eris needs a doctor, now," Adaline said with an urging tone. A doctor?! How can we accomplish that without getting caught?! I begin to think. I put my hand over Morgan's heart.

"It still has a regular pulse," I whispered to myself. I grip Morgan'sbhand and run my other hand through Morgan's red, cut hair.

"We're going to help you, don't worry," I said assuringly.

(Hope this is okay!)

On some days, my will to write disappears faster than a donut at a police station.
— Arcticus