z

Young Writers Society

A Dance for the Wounded Butterfly STARTING/ACCEPTING

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:58 am
Redfang18 says...

Max

I woke up with a violent start. I sensed something was happening and it didn't take a genius to know the source of the problem. I whispered, "Morgan." I went to the bathroom and saw the girls nursing Morgan. The latter looked sick, almost like he was dying. Natalia was holding his hand while Adaline rubbed his back. I swallowed and asked, "Is he alright?"
Adaline answered, "No. He needs to see a doctor, but how are we going to find one without being seen by the cops?"
I shrugged and said, "That's normally in his range of thinking. My brother's better at planning things out than I am."
Morgan coughed and said, "I need a doctor pronto, Little Brother." He gagged then puked in the toilet violently.
I didn't know what to do. The brains behind all the schemes was always Morgan. Without him, I was on my own. I just stood there, trying to think of a way to find Morgan a doctor without being detected by the cops.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen¬

"Shouldn't I go?" I said, stepping out of the shadows nervously. "If you don't want the cops because of the Cirque, why can't I take him?"
The boy that had just walked in frowned.
"Who are you?"
"I'm Arwen," I said, "But- don't you want to save your twin?"
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:40 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

I looked at Arwen, then to Harmonia and frowned.

"She's right," I said. "She could just tell the doctor of Eris's condition and she can get the medicine."

Arwen nodded and crossed her arms. I stand up and look at Arwen with a stern face.

"Don't mess this up," I said. Arwen nodded and ran off to find a doctor. I knelt down and hold Morgan's hand again.

"You're going to be okay," I kept repeating.

(Hope this is okay!)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Arwen ¬

I arrived at the apothecary, out of breath.
"Doctor, my friend, he's sick. He has a temperature, his stomach is hurting him, and he's vomiting frequently."
"Is he pale?" I thought back.
"No, red- as if he is burning up,"
"Is he bleeding from his ears or nose?"
"Not as far as I can tell, but Doctor- he said he feels like he's dying,"
"Hmmm..." The Doctor turned round and ran his finger along the medicines. "Aha!"
He pulled out something. "Give this to him every hour, mashed into a pulp, and it should be OK, but if I was to see him..."
"No! I mean... no. He doesn't want to be seen,"
I rushed off before the Doctor could ask any more questions, and knelt beside the boy. "Here, I'm going to give him this," I mashed it up, and trickled the juice down his throat. "Feed it to him every hour until it clears up," I smiled. "And now to see the Ringmaster,"
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:25 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

Arwen retrieved the medicine successfully, thank goodness! Adaline quickly followed what the doctor's orders were and began to feed it to Morgan. I quickly grab Arwen's arm before she could leave.

"What business do you have with the ringmaster?" I asked with a stern tone.

(Sorry it's short, I don't know what Arwen would respond!)

42 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Arwen¬

"What business do you have with the Ringmaster?"
"I want to be an acrobat," I shrugged. "I ran away from home," I showed the bruise that coloured my ribs, and shrugged once again. "I love the circus,"
Signature Pending

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:36 pm
emoticon220 says...

Slow down for a bit k? just wait for a little while before posting. Slllooowwww ;)
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

32 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:15 pm
Redfang18 says...

Max

Morgan tried to keep his medicine down where it belonged, but without warning he pukes violently. I couldn't bear to watch him suffer like this. I put my hand on his forehead and jerked my hand back. I announced, "He's really burning up. His forehead's too hot to touch."
Natalia asked, "What did your mother do when you and him were sick?"
I answered calmly, "Normally soup or piccolo music. I can't play the piccolo. I never even learned how."
Morgan puked again, scaring everybody to pieces.

~~~Les Miserables

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:27 pm
View Likes
emoticon220 says...

Adaline:
Natalia got medicine for Eris and I gave it to him. His fever remained and he vomited. I patted his back with one hand.
"Are you going to throw up again, dear?" I asked, hoping to lay him down and figure out how to get his fever down. I let Natalia keep him company and climbed into Max's arms.
"What are we going to do, my love? I don't know what to do."
He put his arms around me. He was warm and comforting. I took his hand in mine and put it to my lips. His pulse beat against my mouth, his life. For a moment I forgot all that was going on and smiled at the bliss that was love.
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

32 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:48 pm
Redfang18 says...

Max

I was scared, just plainly scared for Morgan. His stomach couldn't let the medicine stay where it belonged. As Adaline held me close in her arms, I wondered about Morgan. How could he get sick at a time like this? I tried not to worry too much about Morgan, but he was the only family I had left to live with. If I lose him, it's over for the emotional bond between us. I held Adaline close to me, then went to Morgan. His face was terrible and sick. I heard him cough and shivers went down my spine. The twin bond told me Morgan might not last another month if we don't do something to save him. He stared at me sickly.
I decided it was time to act, on Morgan's behalf. I whispered to Morgan, "Hang in there, Big Brother. We'll get you back on your feet in no time."
Adaline asked, "What are you planning?"
I answered, "We have to take my twin to the hospital. I don't care if I get caught by the cops. What matters to me is the health of my twin brother. I can't let him suffer this much pain, so we have to get him to the hospital so he could live. I have this bad feeling he's dying of some kind of sickness, so I want him to feel better and live. He's the only family I got left, so I can't afford to lose him."

~~~Les Miserables

82 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 pm
gleek456 says...

Natalia Romerto

I stand up and glare at Harmonia.

"We are NOT taking him to the hospital!" I snap. "God, you want is in jail, don't you?!" Adaline's eyes widened.

"Natalia calm down," she said. I glare at Adaline.

"How can I calm down when Eris is dying, and your boyfriend wants to take him to the hospital and pretty much turn us in?" I snap. I take a deep breath and walk out the door.

"Where are you going?!" Harmonia asked. I glared at him.

"I'm going to get a friend of mine," I answered before shutting the door. I started walking, somewhere pretty far, where my friend Winnie was. I finally arrived at her house and hesitate before knocking on the door. Winnie answered, and her big blue eyes widened.

"Natalia!" she pretty much shouted. I told her to shush, and she obeyed. I explained everything that happened.

"Oh. I am glad to help!" she cried.

"You can't tell ANYONE about this," I warned. She nodded and flipped her brown hair. We began making our way back to the library. Winnie's parents are doctors, and she loves helping out, so she is probably the only person who can help.

32 Reviews

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:22 pm
Redfang18 says...

Max

Morgan laid his head on my lap after he puked one last time. He looked like he was dying as he slept. I rubbed his back and felt tears running down my face. My only family- my only brother- is greatly ill and fading fast. I was losing him at nineteen years old, which is still young. I whispered sadly, "I can't lose you, Big Brother. I don't know how to play the piccolo the same way you can. I just can't afford to lose you. You're the only true family I have left. Mother's dead, our father hates us, so you're all I got left to call family. If I lose you, I'm all alone." I sniffed. "I need you to stay alive, Big Brother. Where will I be without you?"

~~~Les Miserables

We join for the writing and stay for the community!
— Horisun