z

Young Writers Society

The Escapees

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Justagirl says...

Drustan:

I heard running immediately after the lights sparked out. I grabbed Storm's hand and took off after them, slowing if she stumbled and speeding up when she was running soundly.

We all kept running until we could no longer hear gunshots, the lights were still out though so the guards might be sneaking up on us... I squeezed Storm's hand to make sure she was ok and heard her labored breathing (along with everyone else's) in return.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:33 am
Sierra says...

(OOC: I'm on vacation, so I won't be able to post all that much in the next few weeks because of bad internet access :( Justagirl can post for my character if she wants too :) )

Aaron

Leroy grabbed my hand, pulling me to my feet. "Come on! We gotta get out of here!" he said. I followed the group and the sound of footsteps down the dark hall. My heart pounded in my chest. I tensed, expecting to feel a bullet in my back.
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:33 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

I ran with the rest of the group, pausing only to shoot a round of bullets at our pursuers. I think I hit one of the guard's legs, but I didn't stay to find out. Once we had stopped, I looked around to see if everyone was there. Drustan was holding Storm's hand. My insides seemed to squeeze. It was like the feeling I had during my awful dreams of falling, except worse. A tear fell from my face. I brushed it away before anyone saw. They were just holding hands, I told myself, it doesn't mean anything. But I didn't believe myself. He hadn't grabbed MY hand. He'd grabbed her's. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. I felt so tired. I hadn't slept, like actually SLEPT, with no nightmares, in years. I didn't know if I could take it that much longer.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

297 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:39 pm
Justagirl says...

Drustan:

Once we'd stopped I turned to Storm and gave her a once-over. "You OK?" I asked quietly.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:32 pm
qaralynn says...

Xia
I ran as hard as I could and tried to see something in the dark. I could hear the running footsteps of the others around me and tried to check if everyone was still together. It was too dark and I gave up after a few seconds.
My legs started protesting and I got dizzy so I slowed down a little. Stupid medicines. Stupid doctors. STUPID WORLD!
This thought made me smile for some vague reason and I couldn't help but grin at the darkness around me.
I haven't felt this free in years!
The footsteps were slowly getting away from me and I started to run faster again.
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."

374 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:03 pm
tgirly says...

(OOC: tomorrow, I'm gonna go to a family camp, so I probably won't be able to write that much this week. Do whatever you want with Vi while I'm gone.)
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

297 Reviews

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:20 am
Justagirl says...

qaralynn wrote:Xia
I ran as hard as I could and tried to see something in the dark. I could hear the running footsteps of the others around me and tried to check if everyone was still together. It was too dark and I gave up after a few seconds.
My legs started protesting and I got dizzy so I slowed down a little. Stupid medicines. Stupid doctors. STUPID WORLD!
This thought made me smile for some vague reason and I couldn't help but grin at the darkness around me.
I haven't felt this free in years!
The footsteps were slowly getting away from me and I started to run faster again.

(OOC:... I think we've stopped - actually XD)

165 Reviews

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:31 am
qaralynn says...

(OOC: Owh right! I'm so sorry XD Just pretend I'm there with you guys XD)
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:08 am
Sierra says...

(OOC: I have no idea where we are or what we are doing. Can someone clarify before I show just how totally clueless I truly am?)
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:47 am
sylverdawn says...

(We got cornered in the Nursery wing on the way to Leroy's weapons cache, shortly after we picked up the little girl. Judd used his powers to cause a blackout in the hallway which allowed him and Leroy to take the initiative. They took out enough of the guards for the group to escape and bolt down the hall. Hopefully losing their pursuers in the maze of corridors. Right now the only lighting in the hall is those dim red emergency lights. You know the kind.)
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:37 am
View Likes
Loller65 says...

^sees all that OOC^

post877970.html#p877970

It exists for a reason, y'all.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

374 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:46 am
tgirly says...

(OOC: I'm back, and will post something as soon as I have time. :) )
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

374 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:46 pm
tgirly says...

(OOC: quiet week.)

Vi:
Good news: We outrun the guards.
Bad news: We have no idea where we are. And no way of figuring it out.
All the halls look the same in this lighting. Not even Talia can tell where we are. Which is bad. We're like sitting ducks. And it's getting late so one of the others will probably suggest we find somewhere to sleep soon. And then we'll be sleeping ducks.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

165 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:00 pm
qaralynn says...

Xia
I looked around while taking deep breaths. I had never been here before and had no idea where we were.
great..
I smiled at the little girl for a second and turned to Leroy.
"Where are we?"
-Murtuza-

297 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:10 pm
Justagirl says...

Drustan:

Storm just nodded while still wheezing and getting her breath back. I gave her hand a squeeze then walked over to where Xia, Vi, and Leroy were.

"Where are we?" Xia asked Leroy.

I nodded, looking at Xia, then waiting for Leroy's answer.

Light griefs are loquacious, but the great are dumb.
— Seneca