z

Young Writers Society

The Escapees

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:39 pm
tgirly says...

(OOC: Someone, write something!)
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm
qaralynn says...

Xia
I followed Vi into the room while holding Talia close to me. Suddenly Storm fell to the ground and it took a few seconds for me to realize that it were probably side effects from medicine. I knelt down next to Drustan and Vi with Talia still in my arms and watched as Vi poured some sort of liquid into Storm's mouth.
"Wake up dear." I whispered loudly while poking her shoulder softly.
Bad timing...
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."

374 Reviews

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 am
tgirly says...

Vi:
It was going to take awhile for Storm to wake up, but I didn't know if we had time. I motioned for everyone to get into the room, then shut the door, locked it, and pointed my gun at it. We were going to have to hold the fort down here for awhile.
"You guys can get some rest. I'll watch," I say.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:24 pm
Justagirl says...

(OOC: Hey everyone, I'll be gone from now to Sunday the 7th... See ya!)
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

374 Reviews

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:11 am
tgirly says...

(Will be gone for three days. Is this going to be another massive everyone out again?)
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:56 pm
BelarusBirdy says...

Storm:
I wandered around in a strange dreamlike state for a long time. It is cold and damp and unsteady. I hear someone trying to wake me up, and I struggled to respond. For a moment, the voice seemed important, but here there is no sense of urgency. I've been here before, and I pause for the smallest fraction of a second to see if a memory floats up. Nothing does, so I continue to wander around. A drumming sound fills my ears. I have a vague sense that this is supposed to be steady, but I have no proof that the pattern shouldn't be so erratic.
There is what seems to be a waterfall of rancid milk. My mouth is pulled open and it runs over my tongue and through my throat. Then the waterfall is gone, and I'm left to wander around, the memory of it already fading.
The drumming sound steadies. The dreamlike world gets warmer and the voice is back, calling me back to reality. This time it succeeds.
A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes. I screamed aloud as it tore through them and now it's left me blind.
Florence and the Machine, Cosmic Love

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:28 pm
Justagirl says...

Drustan:

"Storm!" I gasp as she opens her eyes and sucks in a deep breath.

"Where are we...?" She asks slowly.

"Still in the vent system, I think. Are you ok?"
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

374 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:23 pm
tgirly says...

Vi:
Storm wakes up. I see the relief in Drustan's face and my heart tears. I look away and stand up.
"Are feeling good enough to move?" I ask Storm, without looking at her.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:00 am
Loller65 says...

Leroy Jenkins

I stood warily, shaking the sleep from my eyes. Slowly, I walked around to the rest of the group, waking them. Once they were all awoken, I turned on a flashlight and tossed one to Judd. He was the only other capable person here.

"Alright, folks. We need to get on the move. We managed to sleep for..."

I checked my watch, the cracked screen lighting up that electric turquoise color I found so comforting.

"Four hours. Not a lot, but better than nothing, right? Let's roll."
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

374 Reviews

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:18 pm
tgirly says...

Vi:
We're on the move again. Finally. I ignore Drustan and Storm. I have to focus if I'm going to get out of here. I was willing to admit defeat to keep the peace. I glanced at Drustan, and, with a pang in my heart, reminded myself that nothing was more important than escaping. Nothing. It was time I got back on track.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

31 Reviews

Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:34 pm
Loller65 says...

Leroy Jenkins

I strapped on my various intruments and weaapons before clicking on a flashlight. I walked over to Xia, who was tending to Talia, the little girl.

"You want to take her or should I?"

Xia offered to keep her in case we got into another firefight. I handed her a flashlight before distributing the rest to the others in the group. At this, I pulled the map off my back and rolled it out, studying it under the pale blue light of the LED flashlights.

"Alright. If we are careful and stealthy, we can reach my weapns cache in an hour. If you'd rather stay behind and hold down the fort, be my guest, but I will need at least one other able bodied person to help me out if I get in a jam. Sound good?"

I looked up from the map, waiting for one of the people to take me up on my offer.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:57 am
qaralynn says...

Xia
I looked at Leroy and then at Talia.
"I would offer to come with you but I have to stay with this little girly and I have no idea how to handle guns or fights."
I cleared my throat and waited for someone else to offer their help.
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."

374 Reviews

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:42 pm
tgirly says...

Vi:
Xia declines. If Drustan or Storm offers, then I'll be stuck with the other one.
"I'll go," I say. This place is driving me crazy. I could use some action.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

31 Reviews

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:30 am
Loller65 says...

Leroy Jenkins

Vi stood up and offered her assistance. I tossed her one of the pistols I'd pulled off one of the guards we'd killed before our quick little siesta. She tucked it into her belt. I checked the ammo on mine before looking up.

"Any last takers? We've gotta head out soon"

I stood there, hoping someone else would pipe up.

-Leon Trotsky-

374 Reviews

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:22 pm
tgirly says...

Vi:
I could tell Leroy didn't think I was competent. That was okay with me, I didn't care what he thought. I didn't think he was competent. There's something about having strange voices in you head when you were younger that makes you not care what people think. No one else offered, so we started off in silence.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

I want to understand you, I study your obscure language.
— Alexander Pushkin