z

Young Writers Society

Garden of the Cursed *UPDATED* [Started | Full]

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:15 pm
eldEr says...

Lucas

Lucas didn't know whether to frown or chuckle. It wasn't every day you got dragged out of a pub by a stranger. Much less a seemingly dazed girl. Of course, he lacked a variety of options in the matter. She was lost, he was probably even more so - he couldn't just leave her here and run off. He didn't have much else to do at the moment, anyways. And being anywhere else right now would be better than a pub full of drunkards.

He paused not far outside of the building. Were those footsteps? Lucas glanced over his shoulder, eyeing a second man with caution. He couldn't see his expression clearly... or any of him, for that matter. All that was clear was that the man was indeed, a man, and that the definitely-a-man was following them. Or at least walking in a direction very similar to theirs.

Gently nudging Luna, Lucas kept walking. If the man wanted to follow, he could follow. So long as nothing ill-intentioned came of it, they were fine, weren't they?

"Who's that?" Luna asked.

Lucas stopped, trying to see where the girl was looking. At the man. Great. "I'm not sure."

"I think he's following us..." she stuck her arm into the air, halfway through a wave before Lucas gently pushed it down again.

"I know," he said, tone even. How absolutely deceptive of him, considering how agitated he was growing. Luna seemed to be entirely at-ease with the situation... and though Lucas looked it, he was far from. Then again, the girl had pulled him out of a bloody pub without any knowledge of him whatsoever, save for his name. The fact that she was so... happy didn't prove much.

But fine, he would wait and see. For all they knew, the man might be able to help. Or snap their spines in half. One of the two.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Anne felt that life was really not worth living without puffed sleeves.
— L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables