z

Young Writers Society

The Curb (Started | Full)

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:13 pm
Lydia1995 says...

Sally R&D Office

"I know. It's going to be an interesting next few weeks. Hey you fancy grabbing a drink? If we don't celebrate this then what will we, eh?"

I laughed lightly "yeah sure why not. I think our work is pretty much done anyway."

I stood up and went to the private kitchen that adjoined the office. I opened the liquor cabinet and pulled out some gin before quickly whipping together two G and T's and bringing them back to the desk.

"Anything interesting?" I asked handing the drink over and slipping back into the chair.

"Not really, Alpha's van has just got back though according to your email."

"Right, we have to go and help them with the subjects then I suppose," I said downing my drink and standing again.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:25 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Lotta - the van:

Not many of us awake, just me and Kyr from the looks of it. I caught his gaze and gave him a small smile, a smile of encouragement and security.

I looked up at the people driving the van, and a vision hit me.

All of us sat on the yard of a large stone building. It looked safe, but from the looks on our faces, I could tell we weren't there by choice. The small vision still gave me a lump in my throat, and then the van all of the sudden stopped. Are we here?

The van door slid open, and they began to pick us up, carrying us on their shoulders. When they finally came around to getting me, there was no way I was going to let them touch me. I could walk in myself.

"Don't touch me!" I spat in their faces as they tried to get me out of the van, "I can do it myself!"

Scooting myself across the floor, I made to to the door and jumped out, saying, "Let's get this over with before I change your mind and kick all your butts."
Live, Love, Laugh

It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice