Young Writers Society

Fairview Academy RP [accepting & started!]

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 pm
View Likes
gleek456 says...

Spoiler! :
Thank you MisunderstoodDreamer! That meant a lot to me!

I look at the couples one more time before turning around to see a tall, blondish- brunette guy with haunting green eyes holding out his hand towards me.

"Hello, I'm Alaska. Wanna dance?" He asked me. I smile.

"Sure, I'd love to," I replied. He took hand and led me to the dancefloor. I wrap my arms around his neck while he slips his hands on my waist. Enchanted by Taylor Swift comes on and we start slow dancing together.

"I totally forgot to mention my name, I'm sorry, I'm Elisabeth," I say.

(you can continue)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

Reviews: 2
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:46 pm
RainyDay says...

Alaska:

"Sure, I'd love to," The girl replied.

Taking her by the hand, I led her onto the dancefloor.

She slid her arms around my neck and I rested my hands on her waist. Some song by what sounded like Taylor Swift comes on and we start to slow dance together. Right then, I was greatful that my Dads taught me how to dance last month.

"I totally forgot to mention my name, I'm sorry, I'm Elisabeth," The girl says.

"That's pretty," I whisper, staring her in her beautiful brown eyes.

A blush crept over her cheeks and she averted her eyes to the floor.

Changing the subject, I asked, "So what're you here for?" After I said it, I blushed myself. I sounded like I was asking her why she was in prison. "Um...I mean...uh..."

A small laugh escaped her lips and she said, "I understand. I'm here for dance. Ballet. What about you?"

I hesitated for a second, then said quietly, "I'm here for swimming. But mainly because I wasn't really wanted at my other schools."

Worry creased her brow, and I cleared my throat, clarifying proudly, "I have two dads and my mum didn't really want me around when she got her boyfriend, so I lived with them. People didn't really take it well."

"Oh. I'm sorry." She said.

Changing the subject, I gave her a smile and said, "But I love to swim. What about you, do you know how to swim?"

*Hope my portrayal of Elisabeth is okay!*

Reviews: 3
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:54 pm
MyStoryline says...

Basil:

A song by Taylor Swift came on, and I approached a girl with reddish brown hair and pretty green and brown eyes.

"Hello. My name is Basil. Would you like to dance with me?"

The girl's face brightened a little bit and she replied, "Um, sure. I'm Sam."

We walked onto the dance floor, my hands on her waist and hers around my neck.

For a minute, we just kind of stood there dancing, but then I asked, "Sooo, what are you majoring in?"

"Advanced AP classes" She responded proudly.

Shocked, I replied, "Wow. Me too. I'm here for advanced sciences, chemistry and anatomy mostly. But I also play a little bit of lacrosse."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:22 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Tracy Joan

When some annoying song by that annoying country singer chick who always complains came on, I got off the dance floor. I seemed to be the only one here dressed casually, but I completely loved that fact.

Pouring myself some punch, I watched as two girls were asked to dance. Leaning against the table, I watched everyone dance. Maybe I would be asked. Maybe I wouldn't. It didn't really matter. The slow songs wouldn't be going on for too long.

I turned to the person next to me and said friendily, "Hey, I'm Tracy Joan. You are?"

*can be anyone*

Aza:

The slow dance was a little more awkward with my wheelchair. Levi held my hands and we pretty mich just kind of swayed.

Breaking the awkwardness, I called over the music, "Hey, I'm getting kind of thirsty. Do you wanna get some punch?"

Levi nodded and we made our way over to the snack table.
Live, Love, Laugh

82 Reviews

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:48 pm
gleek456 says...

Elisabeth Canario

While we were dancing, we chatted for a while. We talked about our lives, why we were here, and our interests. I found out that Alaska's parents divorced and his mother didn't want him. I suddenly felt sorry, and I understood immediately. When we were almost out of debt, my father ran out on us and demanded a divorce several days later. I felt like he didn't want to be me and my mother because we weren't like his family.

"Oh. I'm sorry," I say.

"But I love to swim. What about you, do you know how to swim?" He asked, obviously trying to change the subject. I don't blame him, it's hard to talk about that kind of situatuion. Although, he made it sound so easy, I don't think I can ever talk about father like that. I'm afraid he might walk out on me later. He seems really nice, and really cute, and he's the first person I met here. I can't lose anyone now.

"Um, no. I don't really know how to swim. I'm kind of afraid, since I've been hearing all these stories about people drowning and bitten by sharks in the ocean," I said. There was this one story I heard, a girl was swimming and suddenly got a cramp. She could barely move, and drowned. Later, her mother found her in her last position. I don't think I can ever swim without being afraid.

(You can continue, I kind of don't really know what Alaska would say, and you're portrayal was perfect!)

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:16 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Sam

"Wow. Me too. I'm here for advanced sciences, chemistry and anatomy mostly. But I also play a little bit of lacrosse." The boy replied.

"Wow!" was all I could say. I had already found someone I had something in common with. Well, technically he found me, but wither way, I could tell we were bot having a good time. "So how long have you been playing lacrosse?" I asked, looking down at my feet. I had terrible coordination, so as you could imagine dancing was a very awkward for me. He didn't seem to mind though.

He chuckled a bit at how concentrated I was on my steps. "Since I was just a little kid." he said with a laugh in his voice. I nodded, then, after it seemed I ha finally gotten this slow dance down, I looked up at him. His eyes were dark brown, like melted chocolate. I felt good with him, but it seemed a bit weird. I had never danced with anyone before. The only time I danced was when I was when I was alone in my room, tripping over everything in a big jumble of clumsiness

Suddenly, I was really glad I came. Suddenly, all those years that I had a terrible time jere didn't matter anymore. Suddenly, I was really happy!....

And then I tripped!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

Reviews: 3
Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:14 am
MyStoryline says...

Basil:

Sam smiled brilliantly, and I could see the genuinness of it because it reached her eyes. For a little bit, we danced a little awkwardly, because neither of us really knew what we were doing and she kept looking down at her feet. After a little but, it got better.

But then she tripped. She fell right againt me and I quickly caught her. Resting against my chest, she looked up at me with her hazel eyes. Wow. She really was beautiful.

We stood like that for a second, but then I cleared my throat and helped her stand back up again.

"You have two left feet, too, huh?" I asked, looking for something, anything to take the intensity off of that moment.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:21 am
RainyDay says...

Alaska:

"Um, no. I don't really know how to swim. I'm kind of afraid, since I've been hearing all these stories about people drowning and bitten by sharks in the ocean," Elisabeth said. "There was this one story I heard, a girl was swimming and suddenly got a cramp. She could barely move, and drowned. Later, her mother found her in her last position. I don't think I can ever swim without being afraid."

I was shocked, and I didn't hide it from my face, "You've never been swimming!? Elisabeth, you totally should! It's my favorite thing to do."

She wrinkled her nose a little bit, then responded, "No, I don't think so Alaska."

We stopped dancing and I held her close against my body to keep her attention as I said, "Let me teach you."

She blinked a couple times, like a big gust of wind just hit her. "Um..."

Resting my forehead against hers, I whispered, "Trust me, Elisabeth."

82 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:13 am
gleek456 says...

Elisabeth Canario

When I told Alaska how I nevernew how to swim because of my fear, he freaked. We stopped dancing and he held me close to his body.

"Let me teach you," he said. I blinked a few times. Was he crazy?! I can't swim! Let alone learn to swim! I wa really nervous about what to say.

"Um..." I say nervously. He rested his forehead against mine.

"Trust me," he said. I stare in his eyes. God, his eyes are amazing. I'm absolutely lost in them. I stay silent for a few seconds.

"Elisabeth? Will you consider?" He asks. I snap back to reality.

"Alaska, for sure I will think about it, just not now, I'm not ready, im sorry," I say, moving my eyes from him to my feet. God, he must think that I'm some scared child. I shouldn't have said that.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:20 am
View Likes
RedBird says...

Nick,

I'm leaning against a table, drinking a glass of punch, because with all the music and people talking, my echolocation is going wacko. I can barely tell where I am. I can sense someone coming over to the punch table, and then they too lean against it.

"Hey, I'm Tracy Joan. You are?" the person says, evidently a she. I turn towards her, and flick my top hat off in a little bow.

"Nick, Nick Burns. Pleased to meet you!" I grin, and flick the top hat, which flattens into a disk of velvet. I can sense Tracy Joan's uncertainty.

"So what's your major?" I ask, flicking the hat again and putting it on my head.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:27 am
View Likes
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Sam

"You have two left feet, too, huh?" he said. I could tell he was nervous about what just happened. I was too, but I was doing a lot worse of a job hiding it.

"Ummm....ya!" I said, stumbling to find words. All of a sudden my perfect moment had turned to another awkward evening. Still, it felt amazing to be with him. He was so kind and smart and cute! All my worries drifted away!

The song ended (if that's okay) all too soon, though I was a bit relieved at the same time.

((Sorry it's so short!))
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:31 am
RainyDay says...

Alaska

"Elisabeth, will you consider?" I ask, sensing she was spacing off, despite the fact that she was staring into my eyes. I'd been told my eyes had that effect.

"Alaska, for sure I will think about it, just not now, I'm not ready, I'm sorry," She said, moving her eyes away from me, ashamed.

Cupping her chin in my hand, I titled her head back up to look at me, "I respect you, Elisabeth, so I can and will respect that."

Just then, the song ended and I smiled at her, "Would you like to go get a drink?"

She nodded, and I grabbed her by her hand and pulled her through the crowd as a more upbeat song came on. Pouring her a drink, I handed it to her and then made my own.

After we finished them off, I yelled over the music, "Do you want to dance or just hang out?"

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:39 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

My computer is broken so this is via IPod touch . So please forgive shortness and spelling mistakes. Sorry I haven't posted!! Levi Johnston :D It was nice, dancing with Aza. Well, less of dancing and more of swaying back and forth. Still. It was nice. I didn't know the song, but the woman had a beautiful voice and I recognized the lyrics. 'I was enchanted to meet you...' I smile at Aza as we sway, a little awkwardly back and forth. I noticed other people, getting extremely close. I blushed, wondering what they were doing. "Hey I'm getting thirsty, do you want to go get some punch?" Aza asked awkwardly. "Sure," I say thankfully," I'm thirsty as well.". We walk over to the table that had some snacks and beverages on it. I help my self to a no-bake cookie, my favorite. Aza poured herself a glass of red punch. I cleared my throat, looking Aza over. She did look really good. "Y'know you look really pretty tonight Aza." I blush, realizing what I had said. I frown internally but Aza looks at me with big eyes. What Ihsaid?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

82 Reviews

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 am
gleek456 says...

Elisabeth Canario

When I told Alaska that I wasn't ready, I felt horrible. I regret what I said, but all he did was cup my chin, directing my face towards his eyes.

"I respect you, Elisabeth, and I can and will respect that," he said. I smiled. Eventually the song ended.

"Would you like to go get a drink?" He asked me. I nod and we make our way to the punch bowl. He pours me a cup.

"Do you want to dance or just hang out?" Alaska called over the music.

"Hanging out would be fine," I call back. Alaska looks around the room.

"I think we should go somewhere quiet," he suggested. I nod and he leads me out of the dance.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:04 am
RainyDay says...

Alaska

"Hanging out would be fine." Elisabeth called back.

I nodded and took a sip of my punch. Looking around, I saw people dancing, the music and their yelling buzzing in my ears.

Feeling a bit claustrophobic and overwhelmed, I suggested, "I think we should go somewhere quiet."

Once she nodded, a took her by her hand and led her to the door. When we opened the door, the warm air rushed over my face and I sighed, relieved that I was getting fresh air.

When the door closed behind us, the sounds became muffled and I smiled.

As Elisabeth and I walked, it was kind of quiet, so I said, "You cold?"

She shook her head, smiling as she said, "No, it's a nice night out."

Laughing, I stopped walking and she followed suit as I said, "Well, thing is, I have two dads. And, well, they watch a lot of stupid movies. So after I say that, you're supposed to say, 'yes, I'm freezing!'" I said that last part in my imitation of a girl's voice, then continued in my normal voice, "Then I say, 'Oh, let me help you with that'. Then I take off my jacket and give it to you, then at the end of the night, you forget to give it back, so we're forced to meet again."

I gave her a grin when I finished, waiting for her reaction.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare