z

Young Writers Society

Autumn Breeze Arts Academy

Reviews: 3
Sun May 29, 2011 9:07 pm
MyStoryline says...

Penprincess, Magnolia's part is just fine. But as Maybe said, try not to speed through the day like that, because that leaves everyone else kinda befuddeled as what to do next. In some torybooks I've seen, people take weeks to get through one day, whereas you just had it over adn done with in a matter of ten minutes.

And Bella, do we just make up our teachers and classes or something? If not, then just say so and I'll edit.

Sugar:

Orientation was a bore, and instead I got out a black fine line sharpie from my pocket and drew a detailed picture of Ren on my left hand. She switched on and off from watching them and me, but I drew her with her face towards them. Once orientations was over, I had an advanced drawing and painting class with Mrs.Adams.

Mrs.Adams was a lovely woman, and the class was the perfect size, allowing individual attention, something that never happened in my old school. She watched me with interest as I went through sheet of paper after sheet of paper and then asked me to show her some of my painting capabilities. I did so gladly, painting her at her desk, looking through a book of art. Mrs.Adams had tight ringlets of honey-brown hair that went to the nape of her back. Her thin, heart shaped face held a set of gorgeous brown eyes, a straight nose, and a small mouth. Her skin was the perfect shade of peach, though appeared tan compared to mine. When she took a look at my painting, she looked as if she would cry and asked to keep it. I said yes, of course, and she hung it on the wall beside her desk.

My next two classes were the boring science and math with Ms.Hollendale and Mr.Krajci. To my relief, a then had 3D design with Ms.O'Dell. Sculpting is my favorite thing to do in the entire world, and I immediately rummaged through her giant bin of odds and ends, gathering up a baby doll head with beautiful, golden curls, porcelain white skin, and big brown eyes, as well as some chicken wire, some crapes of fabric, and a plastic flower. I really got into my project, Transition of Life I call it. I used the chicken wire and formed it into the shape of a grown woman's torso and it gradually turned into and elderly woman's legs and feet, using the babydoll head as, well, the head. When Ms.O'Dell saw it, I thought she was about to start dancing with joy. She even wrapped me into a hug and thanked me!

My next class was another art class, with Mr.Shoshmere, a class on photography and editing it and changing it and warping it on the computer. As all of the other teachers, he fell in love with me and my skill.

After a long day, I was extremely tired. After dinner with Ren and some other cool kids, Ren and I headed back to our dorm. I gave the bathroom to Ren first, and she quickly showered and got ready for bed. When she came out, I placed my hat ontop of the dresser and went into the bathroom to take my own shower. When I finished, I changed into a pair of lady bug pajama shorts and a t-shirt with a black background and swirls and splotches of bright colors.

Coming out of the bathroom, I grabbed the mahogany wood box with my nail polishes in it and I walked over to Ren, sitting beside her on her bed, leaning against the wall. Removing the lid, I asked, "Pick a color, I'll paint your nails and even give you a design on them if you want."

Magnolia: *P.S, this is RainyDay*

I spent forever in my last class, an advanced guitar lab, and ended up having to run to the dining room and snatching some food before they wisked it away. I scarfed some of the food down and knew there was only about fifteen minutes before lights out. That's when I remember I left my ukulele in the dining room. I immediately spun around and retrieved it. Ten minutes left.

I knocked on the first door I saw, having to use the bathroom and knowing James was probably in ours.

After taking me in, the girl said, "Um, can I help you?"

Soft blue, peacefulness, clarity and communication, truthful, intuitive, aura, with a dark muddy blue, fer of self-expression, rim

"Oh hi. Can I use your bathroom?" I asked casually. I'd had to do things like this all the time when Rayne and I lived in tents and the car.

"Uh. Sure," She responded awkwardly.

"Thanks." I said quickly, pushing past her and into the bathroom.

"So, what's your name?" I asked when I came back out.

"Ariana. Um, you should really go--"

Ariana! Such a rare name, and yet I had written a song about it. I liked this girl. "Ariana, hmm? That's a nice name. I wrote a song about it once. It goes--"

Before I could start, she cut me off by saying, "Please, don't sing."

"Okay. Whatever sets your sun." I said, a common expression with Rayne, me, and all of the random people we met on our journies.

"What's your name?" She asked in turn.

"Magnolia Street."

"Oh. That's... nice," She said, "You should probably get going. Bedtime is in--"

"Five minutes, people! Bedtime in five! Everyone, please report back to their dorms. Thank you!" Shouted the principal over the loud speaker.

"Okay, bye Ariana! You have a nice aura, by the way." I said truthfully

"Uh, thanks. Bye," She responded.

I sprinted up the stair and into my room, grabbed a pair of 100% cotton shorts, tied it with a dark red-orangey rope, and pulled a cotton t-shirt over my head.

When I emerged, James was in bed, trying to sleep. Getting into my own bed, I yawned friendily, "G'Night James."

He grumbled a response that I didn't hear, I switched off the light, and went to bed.

*from now on guys, like, after the post you make for this day, let's take it a little slower.*

Sun May 29, 2011 9:09 pm
MyStoryline says...

I'm not sure how to bring in Daniel, so I'll do it during the next day, since I've already written so much for Sugar and I'm still not 100% sure about the rooming situation

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun May 29, 2011 9:36 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jasper

The person entered the room and said, "Oh, sorry," with a laugh, then continued, "I guess I should've knocked first?"

I listened as he dropped his stuff on the floor and on the bed, "I'm Jude. I guess I'm your roommate."

Slowly, I stood up from the bench and turned to face him, taking deliberate steps towards where I saw his shadow/silhouette. I took a mental note of the fact that he smelled of camera film, a hint of terpentine, and new jeans.

Extending my hand towards him, I replied, hoping I at least had my face facing his, "I'm Jasper."

I heard his hesitation, and then he put out his hand and shook mine, saying a tad awkwardly, "Um, hi, so you're-"

"Blind. Yes." I finished for him, then continued, "I hope that's alright with you. Rooming with me I mean."

"No, it's perfectly fine. It's chill." He responded, taking his hand back.

With a smile, I said jokingly, "I have a feeling we'll get along just fine. Well, just so long as you don't move anything."

I heard the door open and smelled Annabelle, "Annabelle!"

I saw her dark silhouette approach us, and she said to Jude, "Hello, I'm Jasper's sister, Annabelle."

"I'm Jude." He said, shaking her hand.

Snapping into maernal mode, something that only happened with her when new people met me, Annabelle said, "Make sure to be careful where you leave things. Give everything a place and keep it there. If you move something, tell Jasper."

"Annabelle," I said a tad embarassed, "I'm sure it'll be fine. I've already told him."

Annabelle:

"Jasper, I'm just making sure you'll be okay."

I turned back to Jude and took him in. He seemed like a good guy. "Jude, you seem like a great guy. So I'll trust that you'll help Jasper."

"Sure thing" Jude replied.

Jasper shook his head and reached out towards me, I gave him my hands. His hands slid up my arms and found my shoulders, and he said, "I'm fine Annabelle. In fact, Jude will take me to orientation. Could you Jude?" He asked, adding a hint of pleading him to get me to leave.

Jasper:

I guess Jude nodded, because she sighed and I saw her shadow merge with everything else, her body getting too far for me to make out the shape. I heard the door swnig shut and turned, hopefully to Jude and not a lamp or something, "I'm sorry about my sister. She's just been worried about me ever since I became blind. She's just being a little over protective and a worry-wart."

Jude laughed and a picture of him started to form in my head, "It's okay, I have a brother."

I smiled and nodded, "Shall we go to orientation then?"

I heard a faint buzzing, the sound of a phone. Clicking of keys sounded quickly as Jude responded to the message, and he led me to orientation

Today was the best day ever! The piano room and the teachers were mroe amazing than I could ever ask for, and everyone was amazed at my talent, probably due to my lack of sight.

Annabelle came to get me from my classes, and she was the one to take me back to the dorm.

After a managed a shower, I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt and got into my bed.

Before I could fall asleep, I had to ask Jude a question. "Hey, Jude?"

"Huh?" He muttered sleepily.

"What color are the walls?"

Annabelle:

My dance classes were invigorating. I excelled over the rest of the class and the teacher's eyes almost fell out of their head. I was late to all of my normal classes, because I was too wrapped in my dancing to even hear the teachers tell me I had to leave.

When the day was over, my feet were bleeding, but I loved it. In my room, I took a quick shower, changed, and wrapped up my worn out, beat up feet. The familiar pain of them shot through my body, but was almost comforting in this strange room and lulled me to sleep.

*Hope this is alright*
Live, Love, Laugh

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Mon May 30, 2011 1:13 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

Meredith (Ren)

Orientation? Well, it could've been worse. Alright, I could barely remember it. Yet, somehow, I'd made it through all of my classes, relatively unscathed. My fingers had stumbled through the keys on my piano class, but once I'd become more comfortable with Ms. Blue and the eyes that watched me curiously I'd been back to my rhythm. My next class, drums, was easier to get through. Guitar, though, was where I'd shined. Mr. Lee seemed to have picked me from the crowd as the star student...a good or bad thing? I guess I'd find out. Maybe it didn't matter. As long as I was playing guitar, did it ever really matter? For a second, I couldn't help but smile. For once, everybody was watching me with admiration, rather than with that what-the-heck kind of look.

Well, there was one case where even playing guitar couldn't change things. Part of the music curriculum was the required singing class. Sing? Me? Okay, so honestly I'd never sang in front of anyone, and that wasn't about to change today. I'd completely choked. Thinking about it made me want to cry. Our teacher Mrs. Yin had required that we all go up for thirty seconds and "show her what we've got!" There were a few who couldn't sing, it was fair to say, but I was still unable. I stood there.

And stood there...

...Opened my mouth, and then raced back to my seat, not speaking a single word or note through the entire singing class. Looking like the group's freak, I guess.

I was glad to have the comfort of my baggy t-shirt and worn-out sweats. And my roommate Sugar, of course, who was insanely friendly. She'd seemed to have made plenty of friends, and by the end of dinner I had too.

Grabbing a box of nail polish, she opened the lid and pressed me to pick a color. I bit my lip, then shyly picked out a summery green.

"Can I paint some designs?" Sugar asked hopefully, apparently still dying to do art even after an entire day that had left her hands literally plastered. Since I still wanted to play guitar, I guess I could understand the impulse. I nodded. "How'd your day go?" I asked.

She smiled, pulling the lid from the nail polish. "It was incredible. I spent all day making sculptures, and sketching...there isn't anything better. How was yours?"

I forced a smile. "It was good too."
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon May 30, 2011 1:25 am
Bella says...

**I'm going to write an actual post, but these are a few comments/sidenotes I've gathered while reading**

1. We need to slow down a bit, so everyone is going on the same pace. When you write your posts, try to match the pace of the person before you. I know, this has already been covered, but reiteration never hurt anyone.

2. MyStoryline and RainyDay (and everyone else, just for future reference) - please don't use each others accounts to make your character posts. It makes things harder to follow.

Thanks guys! Despite some confusion, I think we're getting off to a pretty good start!!

(Also, I've posted a final rooming list on the discussion board, please be sure to check it out)
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

142 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2011 1:59 am
Bella says...

To help the story book regroup, I've decided to start a new day. The day after we all arrived, and met our roommates, and everything. Hopefully it will help get us on a solid day to day concept. =)

Jazz - Tuesday

Stretching, I rolled out of bed as I shut off my alarm. Deciding against a morning shower, I spritzed some leave-in conditioner into my hair before pulling on a zip-up hoodie, grabbing my messenger bag, and walking down toward the kitchen to see who else was up.

I trudged down the stairs, flight by flight, wishing my room were closer to the first floor. 7 am is too early for all that walking.

At the first floor, I took a left out the door, went through the community lounge, where a couple kids had fallen asleep talking the night before (I couldn't believe they fell asleep outside their dorms on the first night!), and found the door labeled "Community Kitchen". I stepped inside, closing the door quietly behind me.

It was empty.

Upon inspection, I found a coffee machine, a microwave, a stocked refrigerator and pantry, and multiple cupboards. I wasn't sure where all the food had come from, but a sign on the counter said "help yourself," and I wasn't about to argue with free coffee.

While the machine heated up and slowly began to drip, I found the coffee cups and some sugar. Then I seated myself on the floor (leave it to me to be unconventional), pulled out my sketchpad, and took to doodling pirates.

After about 5 minutes, the door opened, and a very tired looking boy walked in. Though, even in his obviously sleepy state, he was still one of the most attractive boys I'd ever seen. I shifted, knowing I probably looked ridiculous huddled on the floor in my tie-dye pajama bottoms and dark blue hoodie.

"Good morning," the boy said with a smile, looking down at me with bright blue eyes. "I'm Jude. Oh good, you've already started the coffee." His smile didn't falter as he opened a few cupboards, setting two more coffee cups on the counter beside mine, and finding a tea kettle. "Though, I think I want tea today. How are you?"

"Um..." I blinked, having a hard time registering the first words I'd heard this morning. "I'm good. Still about half asleep, but pretty good. I'm Jazz, by the way."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon May 30, 2011 3:05 am
Maybe says...

Jude - Tuesday

"I'm Jude," I offer after stifling a yawn, shooting Jazz a quick smile. "Not to be mistaken for my brother, though. James hates that."

She blinks, nodding and looking about as tired as I feel. I always lose sleep when adjusting to new places, and last night had been no exception. Though, thankfully, Jasper had been asleep when I left the room, so I could only hope my fruitless tossing and turning hadn't kept him up.

"Do you mind if I steal a little coffee?" I ask, even as I fill the kettle I'd found with water from the sink and set it on the small gas stove. After a moment of rummaging through the cupboards I locate a small packet of Green Tea and drop it into one of the mugs, turning to find Jazz giving me a concerned look from her place on the floor. Understandably so.

"For my brother," I say by way of explanation. "He can't really function without it in the mornings. Plus, it already sounds as though he and his roommate haven't exactly been seeing eye-to-eye. I figured I'd spare the poor guy having to deal with James before he's had his morning caffine."

Jazz smiles. "In that case, take as much as you need, just save me a cup."

She goes back to sketching and I glance down to see the faint outlines of what looks like a pirate, if the hat and revolver are any indication, forming on the crisp white paper. It's a beautiful drawing, even for being in it's early stages. The lines are graceful, but realistic enough to not be distracting.

"You've very talented," I say, nodding towards the sketchbook when she looks up questioningly. "You're an artist then, I take it?"
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

142 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2011 3:18 am
Bella says...

Jazz - Tuesday

I smile, standing up while I answer.

"I do my best," I laugh, setting my sketchpad on the table, then pushing it toward him to invite him to look through it. "I've been drawing since as long as I can remember. I guess you could say I have a gift, as silly and haughty as it sounds - my parents like to joke that I skipped over the stage of stick figures, and went straight into what could be considered art."

Jude flips through the pages, smiling and occasionally stopping to examine a page.

"I've been working a lot with people recently," I explain as he reaches the last month of pages, where there's a very clear shift of focus from flowers and still life to hands, feet, and faces. "I have such a hard time with faces. Even if I get the body perfect, I am never satisfied with my faces - the noses are crooked, the eyes are different sizes."

Jude laughs at my exasperation.

"Well, I would never guess that you had a problem with faces - these all look quite realistic to me."

"Thank you," I grin, pulling out a chair and sitting. "What about you - what's your talent? Your nitch?"

116 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2011 3:44 am
Maybe says...

Jude - Tuesday

I dig into the pockets of my sweatpants and pull out a small, very simple point-and-shoot digital camera. Not my finest purchase, but after my first camera broke two years ago, this model was the closest thing I could find to replace it. Call me sentimental.

"I'm a photographer," I answer, turning the camera on and handing it over to let her scan through the photos. "That's usually how people tell James and me apart. I always have a camera around my neck. But since it's so early, I realize that most people panic when they see cameras without their 'faces' on, so I carry them in my pockets or in their cases until later."

She laughs, skimming through the pictures quickly. "I get what you're saying."

"I have others up in my room. Better ones that this little thing. I could show you sometime, if you're interested."

"Sure," she says with a light shrug. "I'd like that."

The kettle begins whistling shrilly. I fumble to turn the stove off and pour the boiling water into the mug with the tea bag, hissing when a drop splashes up onto my hand. I shake it off and return the kettle to the stove, careful not to set it back on the heated burner.

"You okay?" Jazz asks from behind me, and I turn to see her turning off the camera and regarding me with curious concern. I nod and offer her a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, just me being clumsy is all. I'm fine. But thanks."
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon May 30, 2011 3:50 am
cannoncomplex says...

Okay, i'm going to restart. I wonder when hazel be posting...

Faustina Wakolski

I woke up as early as I can by about 4 am not to disturb my roommate who was still asleep. Yesterday, not many things had happened which is a good thing. I took a quick shower, got my notes and head to the first floor. It was empty. The place was haunting but thats how I like it. i like the mood of the like, and I like how my mindset began to fit in to the mood.

I sat at the nearest couch, and shifted it so that it faced the wall. I continued the story of Rhealism, part one of a writing project. It started off after I befriended France in counselling and decided to make character with the same name as ours but different personalities. I haven't told her yet or anyone about the story. It all to myself, and even if someone took, they won't understand what I am writing. I prefer to write it as abstract yet structured enough for the reader to understand.

I continued doing this for an hour until my eyes became heavy. I stayed up late just to have an attempt to actually draw my characters. i heard that my roommate can draw but I don't know her enough to ask. The time is 5 in the morning. I can go back to my room but what would happen if my roommate would wake me up? besides this couch is comfy. I can always have a quick nap maybe about for half an hour. I lay down on the couch and slowly close my eyes.

PS
Faustina is still asleep by the time, most people have woken up and arrived at the 1st floor.
Lain Iwakura: If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

Mon May 30, 2011 4:54 pm
MyStoryline says...

Daniel - Tuesday:

A yawn stretched across my face and I opened my eyes. For a moment, I was befuddled as to where I was. Oh, yeah, the Acadamy.

Careful not to wake my roommate, Johnny I believe he said his name was, I got out of bed. Walking over to my desk, I picked up the large, bronze canister which contained a chocolate powder mix, not hot chocolate, that I adore and can't go a day without. Perhaps it was my chocolate addiction. Who knows. But I asked my parents to keep sending it to me.

Not even caring that I was still in my green, flannel pajama pants, white undershirt, and pink socks that turned that way when I accidentally put them in with a red shirt, I headed down to the first floor, bed head and all, my canister of the chocolate mix in hand.

I passed by a girl who was asleep on the couch. She looked very peaceful sleeping, so I figured I would wake her up a little bit later. When I entered the kitchen, a guy with a camera and a girl with a sketchbook were already in there, sharing their work.

They turned their attention to me, I waved with my free hand, saying in my norwegian accented voice, "Hello. My name is Daniel."

"Hey, I'm Jude."

"And I'm Jazz."

I nodded and headed for one of the mugs on the counter, a white one that said Appreciate the Arts in black letters. Turning to Jazz and Jude, I asked, "Are these for anyone in particular?"

They shook their heads and the guy, Jude, said, "No, go ahead."

As I turned back to the counter and twisted off the lid of the canister, I heard the girl ask, "Where are you from?"

Turning back around, I just stared at her for a moment. That was a hard question to answer, seeing that we moved all over.

"Your accent, I mean" She said, a faint blush coloring her cheeks.

"Uh...I do not have accent. But I was born in Norway, though I have traveled all over and can speak many different languages and accent, including your American accent."

Turning around, yet again, I went through the drawers looking for a spoon. When I found one, I started shoveling the chocolate powder into the mug, until it was 3/4 full. I decided to make one for that girl on the couch as well, and filled up a black mug with the same amount of the powder.

Shuffling over to the massive fridge, I pulled out one of the cartons of milk and managed to find a pot. Filling the pot about half way with the milk, I put it over a burner and let it heat up.

Turning back to Jude and Jazz, I decided to make conversation, "So, what are you two here for?"

Jazz was the first to speak up. "I'm hear for art. Drawing, I mean."

I nodded and responded, "Visual arts are a very hard thing to do. I envy you."

Jude then spoke up, "I'm a photographer."

"Again, something not easy to do. I personally am an actor and a singer, and I also wright plays."

It was then that I heard the milk start to sizzle in the pot, so I turned to the stove, switched it off, and poured the milk into the two cups. There was a little milk left over, so I placed it back on the stove. I'm sure someone'll find a use for it.

I carefully mixed the milk into the chocolate, leaving some clumps of the powder. It was better that way. Pulling out another spoon, I slid it into the other cup. With a smile, I started opening the cabinets to find something easy to eat. To my surprise, they had Chocolate Fudge poptarts. I slid two of them from the box and tucked them into the waistband of my pajama pants. Carefully, I picked up one of the mugs, tucked the canister in the crook of my arm, and picked up the other mug.

As I headed out the door, I called over my shoulder, "Nice to meet you, Jazz and Jude. You make cute couple." I couldn't help but add that last part. They seemed like they were together, so it would be embarassing if they were not and I said that.

Brushing away the thought, I entered the room with the girl on the couch, placing the mugs and canister on the table, as well as the poptarts.

Knowing some people can be cranky when woken, I cautiously shook her awake.

When she snapped her eyes open, I explained, "Sorry to wake you. I just figured you might want to eat something before it was time for classes."

Reaching back for one of the mugs and one of the poptarts, I offered them to her.

*Do with it what you will cannon. Hope everyone is okay with this and I kept you all in character.*

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon May 30, 2011 5:39 pm
Vramel says...

Johnny - Tuesday

I woke up, got dressed and headed out to the first floor. I tried to get acquainted to most people and places on Monday, but the place was so big I easily got lost and only met a few people. I headed to The Lounge. I saw my room-mate Daniel. I never really talked to him on Monday so I decided to introduce myself properly.

"Hey Daniel." I said, he turned and gave me a smile. He was in discussion with a girl. He nudged me and I realized he wanted a private conversation. I shrugged and moved on to the next room, the kitchen. I was greeted by a boy and a girl. I remember there names as: Jude and Jazz.

"Hey J&J!" I greeted them in a jokey manner. Though they didn't seem to find it that funny, OK, won't be trying that again, I thought. I went to the kitchen-top and made myself Jam on toast. Mmmm, tasty.
I'm a Writer!

If you want to help a dragon egg in need click here: http://dragcave.net/view/YQdH

116 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2011 6:35 pm
Maybe says...

Jude - Tuesday

I feel my cheeks blaze hotly with Daniel's comment as he sweeps out of the kitchen carrying two mugs. I dare not look at Jazz, instead fumbling my way around the kitchen looking for the honey and and creamer, doing everything I can not to look at her. I dump two quick spoonfuls of honey into my mug, pour a splash of creamer into the cup for James, and go to dig in the cupboards for anything edible that isn't filled with chemicals and preservatives.

The kitchen door opens again and another boy, Johnny, strolls in. "Hey J and J!" he calls happily. I spin around, my cheeks now unbearably hot, wishing that the floor would open at my feet so as to spare me the injustice of my first morning at school.

Thankfully, the coffeemaker chooses that exact moment to finish making the batch of coffee. I pull the pot free and quickly fill the mug for James. I settle for grabbing an apple off of the counter, shove it and my camera back into my pocket, pick up both mugs, and flee the room with a quickly mumbled, "catch you guys later bye."

I make my way up the stairs, taking them two at a time and wincing as hot coffee and tea splashes onto my hands but not daring to slow my pace. I make it to the hallway outside of room 309 in under a minute, nudging the door softly with my foot and blowing on my smarting hands. After a moment the door opens to reveal a brown-haired, green-eyed boy whose clothing style could only identify him as a hippie.

I smile at him, even as he looks back over his shoulder in confusion. No doubt making sure James is still asleep (I assume) and he isn't seeing things.

"Is James here?" I ask, and the boy nods slowly. "I'm Jude, his twin. I brought him some coffee. Figured you probably wouldn't want to deal with him first thing in the morning."

"I'm Mangolia," he replies, stepping aside to allow me in. "You have a nice aura."

I shoot him a warm smile before crossing the room to the bed where James is still sound asleep. Placing both mugs on the bedside table, I take a deep breath and very carefully shake my brother's shoulder.

"James? James, classes start in an hour. I brought you coffee."

He grumbles something and rolls over, facing away from me. With a sigh, I continue poking and prodding and shaking and coaxing him awake until finally, five minutes later, I have an incredibly irritated brother glaring ice daggers at me from over the brim of his mug.

My job done, I stand and offer Magnolia another smile. "Sorry about barging in like that. If he gives you any trouble feel free to call me."

"I can hear you," comes a growl from the direction of James's bed.

"I know," I throw over my shoulder as I head towards the door. "I'll see you guys later."

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Mon May 30, 2011 7:24 pm
TexanWriter says...

Hazel - Tuesday

’Azel, wa’e up! ‘Azel, wa’e up! ‘Azel, wa’e up! ‘Azel, w--

I tossed my phone across the room, unworried for it’s foam case. My sister Natalie’s 3-year-old voice was the only thing annoying enough to wake me up each morning, so it made a perfect alarm. When I found I could still hear the muffled noise from wherever it had landed and my head under my pillow, there was no other choice than to get up and turn the thing off. Once it was too late to go back to sleep, I stripped myself of my makeshift pajamas – jogging pants and a well-worn tee shirt – remembering I shared the room only after I was half naked. I whirled around with my arms across my chest to find my roommate’s bed empty. I sighed. Not having shared a room in eight years had made some habits that would be killer to break.

Dressed in ripped jeans and a shirt with a picture of a steaming mug that read, “Inoperative before third cup of joe,” I plopped on my bed, started pulling on a sneaker and yawned. It would take a while. Early, early, early. It’s too stupid early. My eyes sleepily fell across the rest to the room. Humans weren’t designed to wake up this early. They couldn’t have been. Next shoe, and I noticed some pages on my roommate’s desk. I wonder what her name is. Probably should’ve asked yesterday instead of just crashing after school…. Another yawn. I was so tired, though.

Getting up and feeling nosy, I went over to her desk. They were sketches, albeit rough—no, extremely rough. The lines were as fuzzy as my mom’s, the eyes were uneven, and the proportions were… lazy would be a polite term. “Jeez,” I muttered. “If this is the standard, I’m going to be great here.” I picked up the sheets for a closer look and noticed a notebook open about halfway, every line filled to it’s best. “Oh. Writing. Not drawing. Well, that makes more sense,” I said. I tried reading a few lines but the words blurred across the page and my head started throbbing. Coffee, my mind screamed, get some coffee! I looked down at the sketches. If I got bored enough, I’d copy them. The characters seemed interesting. Folding them and putting them in my pocket, I headed out the door. No, moron, the little voice in the back of my mind yelled again, zit cream and mouthwash first.

Finally out the door and on the first floor, a beautiful, wonderful, fantastic smell found it’s way to my nose. Coffee… A smile formed on my lips, even though my headache grew stronger with each step. I followed the trail, not noticing any of my surroundings. It led to a door that I absently opened and walked through – and my happy thoughts came crashing down like a train flying off a skyscraper. There were people. People. A good seven or eight of the little creatures, smiling and talking and eating and sleeping like they usually do. Without caffeine holding me up, each of them looked like a demon just waiting to do the most evil thing – smile and ask me how I was doing. A knot formed in my stomach and another gust of the heavenly aroma reached me. I groaned inwardly and avoided eye contact. One cup… just one cup…

***I’m so sorry for not posting! I’ve been really, really busy this weekend, cleaning and putting out flowers at various cemeteries for Memorial day. Haven’t been on the computer at all! And ick, you guys have been busy. So much reading to do…***
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

142 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2011 7:25 pm
Bella says...

Jazz - Tuesday

The way Jude's cheeks had colored, turning a bright red at the suggestion of us as a couple, made me smile. But at the same time, as he hurriedly left the kitchen, I found myself a little uncomfortable. Was the thought of dating me really so awful that he couldn't even bear to talk to me after it was mentioned? Shaking off the feeling, I pour the last of the coffee pot into my cup, slip my sketchbook under my arm, nod and smile at Johnny, and hurry out of the kitchen.

By the time I had reached the stairs, I was irritated. What's so bad about me, huh?

Without thinking, I opened the door to the third floor and stomped down the hall, looking for my room. 306...308...

"Shit, I'm on the wrong floor..." I muttered, rolling my eyes and grumbling. Planning on taking the second stairwell at the other end of the hall, I continued walking. The door beside me opened, and Jude stepped out of the room, his head turned as he called something back.

I froze, staring (or perhaps, more so, glaring) for a moment. Then my brain reminded me that I probably didn't want to talk to him right now (or maybe he didn't want to talk to me), and I urged myself forward.

"Hey, Jazz!" Jude called, and I froze again.

"Hey Jude," I answered, forcing a small smile as I turned around. I refused to let this boy think he had upset me with his stupid reaction to the meaningless words of others.

Imagine if everybody had a little Wii sports Mii to say "Great Shot!" everytime they did something right.
— TheMythMaster