z

Young Writers Society

Autumn Breeze Arts Academy

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu May 26, 2011 10:42 pm
Glauke says...

Ariana Youngblood

I hand the cab driver a ten and step out onto the curb, shutting the door gently behind me. The taxi speeds off, my only link to the life I had once known now disappearing down the street. I force myself to keep walking. I had told the driver to stop as soon as the meter hit $10.00, because that was all that I had. Oh, well. The school isn't too far away. I glance down at my watch. 2 hours until classes start. No hurry. I continue down Camden Ave. and turn at Driscoll Blvd. Then, all of a sudden, there it is. My new home.

I look up at Autumn Breeze Arts Academy with wide eyes, trying to absorb its striking beauty. The school is new, but carries a classic air somehow. The vines that are laced across the front of the building, the beautiful marble statue in the front courtyard squirting water into the air, the brass letters spelling out, Autumn Breeze Arts Academy: An Opportunity Like No Other. that hung over the wide French double doors. I had dreamed of this moment my entire life.

When I enter my dorm, I drop my bag at my feet and wonder what to do next. I look around. There is a twin bed pushed up against one wall, a bookshelf and a table with a chair opposite that. On the wall by the door is a portait of the school. There is a small dresser, too, and a desk and chair. Bingo. On the mahogany desk is a big manila envelope with my name written in fancy cursive on the front. I pick it up. The first paper is a map of the school. That will come in handy. The second is my schedule. I gasp when I notice that I have 3 private dance classes each day. This really is a dream come true! According to the paper, my dance teachers are Ms. Flinn, Mrs. Derek, and Ms. Flinn again. I am so happy, I could cry! This is all so, so perfect.

My watch beeps. Orientation starts in five minutes! Stuffing the map of the school and my schedule in my bag, I head down the hall and don't look back.

***Sorry it's so long!***
Last edited by Glauke on Sun May 29, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❁❁❁

be still, sad heart, and cease repining
behind the clouds is the sun still shining

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri May 27, 2011 3:45 am
cannoncomplex says...

Faustina Wakolski

So this is my room? Well judging from what i knew about dorms, i'll have a roomate. Great. i hope I looked alirght. i don't want anyone to look at me, so i wore a silver trench coat, a yellow scarf, and a cap including my scapular that my mother often told me to wear. There wasn't anyone yet, I met on my way here which is good. No-very good. So i hope that no one else is inside. If not, that would give me the space to write. i work well writing alone but if there is, then i simply have to think it in my head while my hands will be aching to grab a pen and get the nearest piece of paper.

I opened the door and what do you know? There's someone inside...great. She looked at me, almost analysing what i'm wearing or doing.
"Hi..." I said.

"Hi..." she replied and went back to whatever she is doing. Well, at least she's not the extroverted type or i'll be in trouble. She already claim a bed so i had to stick with the one near the closets. I hope there's light inside so that I can go in there and write. If i write when she's here, she might peek and everything will be over. That happned 50 times before. I don't want this idea to be in spoofs. So i place my two suitcases beside my bed, and stared at the girl whether or not she might disturb me. I am at an Academy school of the "ARTS", so what's the point of not doing Artsy.

Okay, let's do this, Faustina, become like Rheal in my stories. So i took a pen out and started to write.
Lain Iwakura: If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri May 27, 2011 6:04 pm
Vramel says...

Johnny

I opened the door to room 614, my new dorm.

I came early so I could get my stuff ready before my room-mate came, I wanted to make a good impression and I wasn't entirely sure who I would be sharing with, or if I would be sharing with anybody. I practiced a quick "Ski-ba-ba" scatting before I went to the introductory meeting, I also wanted to come early to meet the others who would be in there dorms, so I came out of my door and knocked on the first door I saw...

No answer, I walked around abit, seeing if anyone would come out and make conversation with me, after no-one came out I went back to my dorm and packed the rest of my stuff, after I placed my monster teddy on my bed I heard a knock on the door, my new room-mate or someone from another room coming to greet me? I shrugged and opened the door...
I'm a Writer!

If you want to help a dragon egg in need click here: http://dragcave.net/view/YQdH

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri May 27, 2011 6:15 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Artemisia Star
"When the Devil is too busy
And Death's a bit too much
They call on me by name you see,
For my special touch.
To the Gentlemen I'm Miss Fortune
To the Ladies I'm Sir Prize
But call me by any name
Any way it's all the same

I'm the fly in your soup
I'm the pebble in your shoe
I'm the pea beneath your bed
I'm a bump on every head
I'm the peel on which you slip
I'm a pin in every hip
I'm the thorn in your side
Makes you wriggle and writhe

And it's so easy when you're evil
This is the life, you see
The Devil tips his hat to me
I do it all because I'm evil
And I do it all for free
Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need

While there's children to make sad
While there's candy to be had
while there's pockets left to pick
While there's grannies left to trip down the stairs
I'll be there, I'll be waiting 'round the corner
It's a game. I'm glad I'm in it
'Cause there's one born every minute

And I do it all for free

I pledge my allegiance, to all things dark
And I promise on my damned soul
To do as I am told, Lord Beelzebub
Has never seen a soldier quite like me
Not only does his job, but does it happily.

I'm the fear that keeps you awake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull
I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.

And I do it all for free
And I do it all for free
And I do it all for free
It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need!" I sang dancing down the hallway sashaying exploring a bit. I tapped on a random door and to my surprise it opened. "Bonjour mon cherie. I'm Artie Star." I said before he could say anything holding out my hand.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri May 27, 2011 6:45 pm
Vramel says...

Johnny

I greeted this girl with a smile, "Artie Star, what a nice name, are you French?" From how she greeted me I was puzzled.
I shook her hand and then remembered I haven't told her my name "I'm Johnny, Johnny Blaze, you may have heard of my mother, Cheryl Blaze, the artist?"

She seemed surprised and I gave out a cheery smile. Perhaps her talent was art?

(I apologize it's short!)
Last edited by Vramel on Sat May 28, 2011 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Writer!

If you want to help a dragon egg in need click here: http://dragcave.net/view/YQdH

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri May 27, 2011 9:53 pm
Bella says...

Abby Stewart

I shoved another huge piece of pancake in my mouth, reading the notebook I had propped up against the juice bottle on the table.

Load the care and write the note.
Grab your bag and grab your coat.
Tell the ones that need to know,
we are headed north.

I hummed between bites, determined to get this song down.

"Hey sweetie," my mom came up behind me, ruffling my hair as she passed by. "Still working on that song?"

"Mhmm," I swallowed. "I gotta get it down for the auditions today."

"It's only your first day!"

"I know! But the music program has tiers, and you have to audition to determine which tier you fit into. I want to get into as advanced of a tier as I can, so I have to get know this song forward and backward," I insisted, shoving another large piece of pancake into my mouth.

"All right," she laughed, getting a glass of juice. "Are you sure you're okay walking to school? I could drive you today, if you wanted."

"No mom, I'm fine. You have to get to work. It's not like I haven't walked around the block before."

Mom nodded, knowing I was right. She picked up her suitcase.

"Okay honey, I love you, good luck!" she kissed the top of my head.

"Thanks mom, I'll see you tonight," I smiled, watching her close the door behind her. Quickly, I devoured the rest of my breakfast, then ran back upstairs to grab my backpack and guitar case.

I left the house humming.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri May 27, 2011 10:21 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Deleted...didn't read the discussion thread completely, so I'll post in a minute
Live, Love, Laugh

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Sat May 28, 2011 6:15 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

Meredith (Ren)

The room was, in one word, huge compared to the little corner-room that she'd shared with three of her sisters. Triplet ten-year-olds? Nightmarish roommates. She only hoped this roommate wouldn't be the same.

Ren claimed one of the beds, managing to fit all of her clothes into a single dresser-drawer. She didn't own anything fancy - simple shirts and jeans mostly. Since she'd worn the outfit she was in all night, she showered and changed into a fresh pair of jeans and a plain white blouse, and decided upon keeping her Sox cap with the rest of her clothes. Redoing her brown hair into a pair of short pigtail braids and giving her rather average selfsame gaze a disapproving sigh, she walked out to retrieve the final thing from her bag - a tiny strawberry plant in its little brown pot. She could just hear her snotty little sister telling her how weird everybody would think she was. She was probably right. Ren sighed; it wouldn't matter. She was determined to be herself here. No turning back.

She set the plant on the window sill, then walked down the stairs as she looked over her class schedule.
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

Reviews: 3
Sat May 28, 2011 1:23 pm
MyStoryline says...

Spoiler! :
Her hat todayImage

Sugar:

My case of paintbrushes were nestled in the crook of my arm, my bags hanging off of my right shoulder, and balancing my easal, canvases, sketchpads, paints, and sculptng clay in my two hands. I slowly inched my way through the hall, heading to my room.

Out of breath, I reached the stairs. This would be interesting. Luckily, there was a girl with braided hair in a gorgeous shade of brunette.

"Hey," I called out to her, "Could you give me a hand?"

"Sure." She said a little quietly, then took some of the things out of my hands, "Where to?"

I shrugged, well, the best I could with all this stuff, and started up the stairs.

As we made our way up, I offered, "My name is Sugar. Sugar Hart."

At her face, I explained, "My real name is Madison, but I just go by Sugar. What's your name?"

"Ren. Merideth really, though."

I nodded and we reached my room. Ren had a surprised look on her face and said, "Oh, this is my room! Are you my roommate?"

I nodded and opened the door, managing to say, "Yeah, guess so."

Quickly, I went over to the empty bed and dropped all of my stuff on it, Ren doing the same. With a sigh of relief, I adjusted my pink and green hat, and suggested, "Shall we go see our schedule?"

Right then, I saw a small strawberry plant in an earthy brown pot, and my heart soared.

I immediately went over to it, scooped up the small pot into both my hands and brought it to my face, breathing in the scent deeply. "What a gorgeous little plant! Wonderful touch to the room, too!"

*Hope this is alright and I kept Ren in character! I'm a little rusty*

884 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2011 2:54 pm
StoryWeaver13 says...

*Fine by me! :D *

Meredith (Ren)

"Thanks," Ren said with a small smile. She had a feeling they'd get along. "And I'd just been on my way to see my schedule, so after you're unpacked let's head down." She looked at all of the supplies that Sugar had spread out on her bed. "Whoa. I'm guessing you're an artist?"
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

Reviews: 3
Sat May 28, 2011 6:16 pm
MyStoryline says...

Sugar:

"Whoa, I'm guessing you're an artist?" My new roommate said.

"Yes, I am! My father taught me most everything I know, and he used to be an artist himself." I answered enthusiastically.

Quickly, I began to go around the room, putting my stuff wherever I could find an empty space, setting all of my art supplies on the desk nearest to my bed and my easal infront of the window. The dresser was packed full with my own creations of clothes, my hats on top, and I lined up all of my shoes at the foot of my bed, etc.

Finished, I gave a satisfied sigh and I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, and a white scarf with my hat (the same one as above) and a pair of hot pink, home made sperry-like shoes. Quickly, I went into the bathroom and changed out of my travel clothes and into those.

When I came back out, Ren was watering the little strawberry plant, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Shall we go down now?"

884 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2011 7:40 pm
View Likes
StoryWeaver13 says...

Meredith (Ren)

"We shall," Ren said to her roommate, a little more open already to talking to people. Sugar seemed to definitely put herself out there, a quality Ren envied and admired at the same time, and yet she didn't seem big-headed at all. Things were going to go well at this school. She could feel it.

Slinging her worn brown shoulder bag over her shoulder, Ren pulled the door open, and she and Sugar headed downstairs to get oriented.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Annabelle:

Jasper and I walked quickly through the hallway, looking for his room. His left arm was linked to my right, and he walked with very deliberate steps, concentrating on walking straight I assume.

Finally, we reached his room and he immediately reached out for the door handle. For a moment I just stood in the doorway as he went into his already set up room. We had arrived three days ago, just so Jasper could have more time to get settled and know his way around a little better. He already knew the locations of all of his classes and, more importantly, the piano room.

"Jasper," I called out to him, "I'll be back later, okay? I just need to go up to my room quickly and grab some things, then I'll be back down to take you to orientation, unless your roommate comes first and decides he will. Okay?"

Jasper nodded then came over, placing his hands on my face, feeling the features of them as he said quietly, "Thank you Annabelle." With that, he turned back around and grabbed on of his brail books, sitting on the bed and reading it with his hands.

With a smile, I headed upstairs to my own room so to grab my dance shoes and to change into more suitable clothes. Hopefully I could get in some time in the studio after orientation.

The moment I entered my room, I went to my dresser and pulled out a black leotard and white tights. I quickly dressed and then put on a pair of black shorts and a white t-shirt with the word DANCE written in solid black letters. Scooping my mass of brown curls into my hands, I quickly pinned it up the best I could and applied more of my burgandy lipstick.

Satisfied, I headed back down to go and get Jasper. I would have to meet my roommate later.

Jasper:

When Annabelle left, I continued with the book for a couple more pages, but soon grew tired of it and went over to the keyboard. It wasn't the same as the piano, not at all really, but it would have to suffice in a shared room. Besides, there was always the piano room, which I was told is always open.

Going off of memory, I reached for the switch to turn it on, turned up the volume, and began to play a Liberache piece, though it doesn't quite sound the same on a keyboard as it does on the piano.

Just then, I heard the soft swoosh of the door opening and turned. I could smell Annabelle's normal scent of ballet shoes and lavender, and called out, "Hello?"

*Leaving that open for Maybe*
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 2
Sat May 28, 2011 11:08 pm
RainyDay says...

Magnolia:

The worn wood of the guitar rest against the worn, ratty jeans on my legs as I worked quickly to jot down the notes to the song I've been working on before I forgot them. With a sigh, I placed the pencil down on top of the sheet, and reached into my hand-weaved, brightly colored tunic to pull out my necklace.

The Asian coin felt familiar in my hand as I looked around the strange room, which made me feel sick. Clastrophobia threatened to take over, so I threw open the window stuck my head outside, breathing in the fresh air deeply. Looking up to the sky, I figured it was about time to head to orientation, but the wind just felt to nice for me to go back into the stuffy building. So I hung out for another minute, then heard the door open.

When I turned around, I was surprised to see that they would put me with him. His aura was all wrong...a cross between colors. Dirty Gray, guardedness, Orange Red, confidence, and a tinge of Dark and Murky Pink, dishonest.

Despite that, I held out my hand and said casually, "Hey, I'm Magnolia. Magnolia Street. You are?"

"James." He said quickly, giving me a once over and making a strange face at my clothes. Not that I even cared

With a lopsided smile, I said casually, "You're having some trouble with your aura."

Then, I headed towards the door and called over my shoulder, "I'm going to orientation, would you like to join me?"

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun May 29, 2011 5:31 pm
Glauke says...

Ariana Youngblood

I hurry in and out of orientation, merely stopping to grab a student manual before rushing off to my first hip-hop class (private, of course) with Ms. Flinn. Room 12B, in Building B. Easy enough. I glance down at the school map. I exit from a glass door opposite the auditorium and enter Building B from there. I speed-walk down the hall until I come to room 12B. I halt and take a deep breath before pushing open the door and entering.

"Ah, hello. You must be Miss Youngblood," A woman who I am guessing to be Mrs. Flinn says as I come in.
"Yes ma'am," I reply. Mrs. Flinn is young, in her early twenties. She is wearing a white "Hip Hop for Hope" t-shirt and gray sweatpants with high-top Nike sneakers. Her white-blond hair is pulled back in a high ponytail. I also notice a bright pink colored hair extension, something I honestly didn't expect to see.
"Please, Ariana," Ms. Flinn says, laughing lightheartedly, "We don't have to be so civil. Call me Sami."
"Uh, okay, Sami," I reply, smiling. I like Sami. She seems fun.

I glance around the studio. It is a huge area, with floor-ceiling mirrors and red walls and a smooth, polished wood floor.
Nice.
"Oh, you can just drop your stuff there," Sami instructs, gesturing to a row of lockers against one wall. I open up locker 3 and shove my duffel bag inside.
Sami calls me over and we do some basic stretches and warmups. When we're done with that, she announces, "Okay, now show me what you've got."
"Uh, what do you mean?" I respond nervously.
"I mean, freestyle."
So I do. When I stand up, Sami applauds rampantly.
"That was amazing! How many years of lessons have you had?" Sami interrogates me.
"Um, one. When I was five," I respond honestly.
Sami's jaw drops. "Really?"
"Yeah.
"Do you ever compete?"
I feel myself blush. "No. No one has ever seen me dance."
Sami opens and closes her mouth several times. "But-but you have such amazing talent."
"Thank you."

I hear the studio door open and shut behind me. I turn and see a girl there, probably a senior.
"Oh, hi Sami. Am I early?" the girl asks.
"No, Kat. Come on in." Sami says to her with a welcoming smile. Then, to both of us, "Girls, please have a seat."
The girl called Kat and I take a seat on the floor in front of Sami.
"Ariana, this is Katherine Grayes, my best dancer. Kat, this is Ariana Youngblood, a sophomore, who is also amazing."
Kat turns to me and offers me her hand. "Hi," she says as I shake her hand gently, "I'm Kat. Nice to meet you."
"You too." I respond, forcing a smile. Kat has short, cropped blond hair and she is wearing a t-shirt that says "Dance 4 Your Life" with torn jeans and black sequined high-tops.

The studio door opens and closes again, and in comes another girl, this one about my age. She is followed almost immediately by a boy, also a senior.
"Hey, Sami! Sorry if we're late. Sterling insisted on going to orientation," says the girl as she stuffs her backpack into a locker. She then proceeds to take a seat next to me. The boy, Sterling, goes to sit on the other side of Kat.
"No, no, you're fine." Sami assures her. Then she turns back to us.
"Ariana, this is Lucy Wright and Sterling Hill. Sterling and Kat are seniors, but Lucy is a sophomore. Sterling, Kat, and Lucy, this is Ariana. She's new this year."
Lucy and Sterling shake my hand and greet me like we're old friends. I'm excited! My goal for this year was to make a lot of new friends, and here I am, with three nice, friendly people. Lucy has long brown hair tied back in a bun, a racerback tank top, and athletic shorts. Sterling is wearing sweatpants and a Nike "Just Do It" t-shirt.

"Okay, let's get started," Sami announces cheerily.

I stumble into my dorm and switch on the lights, dumping my duffel bag into the corner. I change into my pajamas. It's been a long day. Sami, Kat, Lucy, Sterling and I had a great class. Mrs. Derek (or Tess, as we were to call her) was sick today, so Sami had to take over for her and teach her class. According to Sami, Kat had been dancing since she was five years old, and she's amazing. Lucy and Sterling were best friends, and although Lucy is much younger, they still practice and compete together. Lucy is really sweet and fun-loving. Kat is down-to-earth and straightforward, and she is a very hard worker. Sterling is quiet, but his dancing is loud and speaks for itself. I am about to brush my teeth and retreat to bed when I hear it.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I flip open my cell phone. 8:47 PM. About 15 minutes until bedtime. Who would come by this late? I shrug and open the door anyway. It's a hippie. Or at least he looks like one.
"Um, can I help you?" I ask him.
"Oh hi. Can I use your bathroom?" The hippie says.
"Uh. Sure," I respond.
"Thanks."
The hippie pushes past me into the bathroom. He comes back a minute later.
"So, what's your name?" I hear the hippie say.
"Ariana. Um, you should really go--"
"Ariana, hmm? That's a nice name. I wrote a song about it once. It goes--"
"Please," I interrupt, "don't sing."
"Okay. Whatever sets your sun." This guy is weird.
"What's your name?" I ask him.
"Magnolia Street."
"Oh. That's... nice," I say, "You should probably get going. Bedtime is in--"
"Five minutes, people! Bedtime in five! Everyone, please report back to their dorms. Thank you!" The principal's over the loudspeaker voice startles me.
"Okay, bye Ariana! You have a nice aura, by the way." Magnolia says as he leaves my dorm.
"Uh, thanks. Bye," I respond.
The door shuts behind him.

I brush my teeth and climb into bed, exhausted.

Sorry it's so dang long! I hope y'all don't mind. And RainyDay, is Magnolia's part okay?
❁❁❁

be still, sad heart, and cease repining
behind the clouds is the sun still shining

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss