z

Young Writers Society

Apollo's Band and Artemis's Hunters*started*

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:36 pm
LadySpark says...

Alesia

Thea was talking about the dude, Len and how she'd asked him out to the masqeurade all, blah blah blah. I was busy leafing through the racks of dresses Artemis had hung up, the ones deemed suitible for her hunters. My eyes lighted on a sun yellow dress that flowed through my fingers like water.
"Thea!" I said, interuputing her mounlogue. "Look at this!"

She looked up and saw the dress I was holding up. "Oh! Leia its perfect!"
"What about you?"
She shrugged and looked at me. "I'm afraid to look. And pick the wrong one."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Don't worry about it!"
She shook her head.
I shrugged and wandered over to the masks.

"Who asked you?" Thea said, following me.
"A guy named Kevin. He's so sweet!" I tossed my hair over my shoulder and bent down to look at a mask that was gold.
"Oh.I saw him follow you out of the Apollo camp."
I nodded, and spun, still holding my dress.

There was no way I was telling Thea what had happened in the woods.

He had kissed me.

My first kiss, and if Artemis found out, I would be banished. So no one could know.

But I knew, I was falling in love...
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:33 pm
Redfang18 says...

Len Silverheart
Apollo's camp

"Lenster, what the heck is wrong with you? Ya look like ya got kissed by a girl."
I looked at Ben. I haven't been doing well since I met Althea. I ran this way and that way for a good suit. I already found myself a dark red mask to suit my mysterious mood, but it was a tuxedo that I was having trouble looking for. I turned around, looked all over the place to be sure the coast was clear, and whispered, "I got asked to the ball."
Ben blinked and said, "No way, big brother. Did you really?"
I nodded guiltily.
Ben slapped my back and said, "You are one lucky man, Lenster. About time a girl asked you. Who's the lucky chick?"
I locked up my mouth and threw away the key.
"Oooooh, I get it. Playing Little Dark Secrets with me, eh? C'mon, tell me. Talk to Baby Brother."
I chuckled. "Not this time, Benny. It's between me and my date, thank you."
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:58 pm
LadySpark says...

*made a club for this SB: http://youngwriterssociety.com/page.php?id=1220 *

Alesia
It was really,really late. And it was time.
I grabbed the warm, silver sweatshirt, and snuck out of mine,Thea and Iva's dorm. Thea lay in her four poster bed, the curtians drawn. Iva's curtains were open. I closed mine, and slipped on my black leather flipflops. As I passed the closet, I ran my fingers over my yellow dress, feeling it flow like air and water.

Then I turned to the bathroom, and turned on the light. The golden,buttery glow warmed my cold skin, and looked at myself closely in the mirror. my eyes had dark circles, from being up so late the last four nights. I brushed the makeup brush that set on the counter across my cheeks, smoothing out the blemishes.

But, I had to go. Apollo's curfew was two a.m. But, he locked the gates after that. Aretims trusted us. She shouldn't.
People like me don't listen.

A year ago, when I joined, I dreamed of being in the Hunters. Now, I wanted to despertly be part of the band. I had heard of, once in a million, Apollo taking on a girl. Who knows, anything can happen.

As I crossed the wood, I heard voices.
Artemis dressed in a silver greek robe, Apollo in swimshorts and a toga, were standing back to back, talking quietly.

"Its happening. That STUPID PROPHECY!" Apollo said, having his spear.
"I know. But we can save ourselves, But joining."
"But thats against your and my princaples little sis,"
"exactly! Who knows what will happen at the ball though..."
"I have forbidden my Band to take the hunters on a date before or after the ball." Apollo said, ignoring the disbelieving look Artemis gave him.
"Shh. Someone is there." Apollo pointed towards the entrance from the band's camp.
"Its probably one of those 'band' members, the ones you let stay out till two in the morning."

"Shut up."
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:33 pm
megsug says...

Royce

I was practicing my archery, because, let's face it, I'm really bad at the whole bow and arrow thing. Let's not even start on firearms or blades. I've got a pretty face and flowery language. Those are normally my weapons. After firing at a tree for a few hours, missing more than hitting the trunk, I got fed up and left for the camp, afraid I was going to run into one of the guys or some wild animal. I still wasn't completely sure what was on this island, being new and all.

I glanced at the watch my father had given me as a birthday present a few years ago and groaned. It was getting a little too close to two. I rushed toward the camp and glanced at the woods seperating us from the girls' camp with a smile and a shake of my head at how quiet it was. They were so... obedient. I thought I saw the glint of silver and the movement of two upright figures, one quite large. What must have been a trick of the moonlight melted into the shadows as I studied the trees.

I moved into the camp, expecting to see Apollo standing just inside as he always was at this time, looking at the moon, waiting for two, almost hoping to lock one of us out. There was no one there. I glanced around, thinking something must be wrong. When nothing seemed out of place, I leaned against the wall to wait for Apollo, to see if I could ask some questions, to get a hint of what was going on.
Test

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:46 pm
Apple says...

Oooh, I want to get back into this. Can someone please tell me what is going on? :D
I spy!

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 am
Sunshine says...

Celeste

This. Was. So. Boring. I honestly wasn't trying to rude or anything, but watching a bunch on kids running around pretending that they don't like each other and asking each other to some dance. So I sat in the shadow of the moon, under the hanging leaves of an old willow. I heard arguing, loudly. One was the unmistakable lilting voice of Artemis and the other the strong voice of Apollo.

"Its happening. That STUPID PROPHECY!" Apollo yelled.

Prophecy?

"I know. But we can save ourselves, But joining-"

"But thats against your and my princaples little sis,"

"Exactly! Who knows what will happen at the ball though..."

"I have forbidden my Band to take the hunters on a date before or after the ball." Apollo said, ignoring the disbelieving look Artemis gave him.

I snickered at this, just slightly. Looks like the boys didn't take that to heart.

"Shh. Someone is there." Apollo pointed towards the entrance from the band's camp.

"Its probably one of those 'band' members, the ones you let stay out till two in the morning."

"Shut up."

I roll my eyes. So the band members were still up, eh? I tilted my ear towards the voices, but they were fading. I bit my lip. The only thing that had come out of that was the knowlege that they knew of the prophecy. I braid my hair thoughtfully. Maybe I should stick around. They're could be some helpful information. I could pretend to be a Hunter of Artemis. I quickly dismissed the idea. There was no way I was going to sleep in a tent with a bunch of snobby, goddess influenced teens. Maybe I could pretend to be a lost hiker. I looked down at my distressed jeans and frilly tank top. Oh yeah, and flowered flip-flops. Very, very not hiker-ish. I sighed when I suddenly heard a stick crack. Oh no. I flattened myself against the tree.

"Hello?" A voice called.

can be anyone. If your a girl, she'll run away.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:52 pm
Redfang18 says...

Ben Silverheart

I couldn't get Lenster to crack, but I never bothered with it. Whoever asked him to the ball sure had some nerve to do that. In any normal case, I was the one asked to any occasion and Len was the one going out if I was indisposed. I sensed something was up with Lenster, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I decided to play the lyre in the woods, taking at avantage of the two a.m. curfew. I strummed a little, then heard a little movement from the bushes. I called, "Hello?" I looked around and saw someone flattened against a tree. I cocked a brow. "Better show up, or else I'm playing a lullaby and dragging you to camp myself."
The person whispered, "Don't play a lullaby. I'll come clean."

If anybody wants to ask Ben to the ball, be my guest.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway