z

Young Writers Society

Apollo's Band and Artemis's Hunters*started*

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Thu May 19, 2011 8:30 pm
View Likes
Apple says...

Just a an anooying Q, but when are we going to start this baby?
I spy!

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri May 20, 2011 1:35 am
LadySpark says...

Sooon as we get some more people.. 2 or 3 days i would say
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat May 21, 2011 2:56 pm
Sunshine says...

Name: Fletcher "Fletch" Robinson

Age appearence: 17

Team: APOLLO'S BAND!

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

He looks a lot like in the picture except he looks a bit older.

Personality: Fletcher is a generally good guy. He has good sense of humor and gets along with everyone. He's very calm and doesn't get angry easily. He's generally confident. The thing is, Fletch is very impulsive. He does what he thinks is best at that very moment and often doesn't think things through. If he wants something, he'll go and get it. Not to mention he's stubborn about it too. Once he finds something to stand by he will stand by it. Fletch is loyal and probably a good guy to have around.

History (how they came to the hunters/band): Fletch has always been privvy to the exsistance of the Gods. Although he's not a demigod, his parents are both proffesors and his father the son of Athena. He had a good childhood, although his parents often didn't have enough time for him. Fletch usually stayed with his Grandmother on his parents long travel trips. He grew very close to her. When his parents wanted to move to Greece he stayed behind with his Grandmother until he heard about the Apollo Band. His Grandmother encouraged him to seek them out and here he is!

Strengths: Growing up with Professors made him very bright to Greek mythology, so he's very smart in that area. Well, he's loyal, low temper, easy to get along with, all around generally bright (although he might deny it), and good with knives and hand-to-hand combat.

Weaknesses: His impulsive stubborness will get him in trouble. Suprisingly bad with archery. Over emotionally involved most of the time.

Other: He's thought to be a decendent of Orion, one of the only guys Artemis EVER got along with. (Some stories even say she loved him!)

Name: Celeste (No last name. If she has to use one she'll usual just say "Star" or make one up on the spot.)

Age appearence: 15

Team: Dark side >:) Also a demigod, daughter of Atlas.

Appearance:
Celeste has pale blond hair and electric blue eyes. She has flawless but incredibly pale skin. Celeste is 5'5 and is fairly dainty. Her blond bangs almost always fall into her eyes and she usually doesn't bother to brush it back. She never fully smiles, it's always a soft half smile. Also, she has a tatoo? birthmark looking thing next to her bellybotton shaped like an earth.

Personality: Slightly mysterious, Celeste never gives anything important about herself away. No matter how much she likes you, she's pretty gurded. She's not very social, but instead opts for being observant. She's not particularly cold for someone on the dark side but is pretty distant. If you can wiggle yourself past that, Celeste is actually has a good natured personality and is very caring towards what she wants to be. She's incredibly bright and thoughtful. However, if you watch hard you'll notice that she talks to guys way more and more warmly than she talks to girl's. Whenever talking to females, she'll often get awkward and distant and make up excuses.

History: Apparently, Zeus gets annoyed with Atlas' constant complaining and gives him a break from holding his kingdom one month every five years. You know what he does? Go's and get's mortal women pregnant.

So was the case with Celeste's mother. Celeste herself never met her father, but she remember's her mother always guareenting that he would come. He never returned and by the time Celeste was four her mother was anxious for her safety and married. They were happy for about year. That's when Atlas returned. Celeste's mother was extastic and went off with him. A week later she returned. She was never the same. Celeste was never told what had happened, but she saw the results. Her mother became a drunkard, beating her whenever her step-father wasn't home. She'd often curse at her daughter, blame her for all her troubles. Celeste may have wasted away during this time if it weren't for her step dad. He would often comfort her, and buy her chocalates. However, he couldn't stand it anymore and divorced her mom when Celeste was ten. He fought for custody of Celeste, but didn't get it. Soon after, Celeste ran away and found... other alternatives.

Strengths:
-Clever and smart
-Good actress
- Good with guns and arrows
-Not bad with knifes

Weaknesses:
-Anger towards the female species
- A bit naiive towards the male one

Other: Only girl who's up for love that wouldn't be a super scandle! She'll probably come in later, when I have a good spot to put her in.
Last edited by Sunshine on Sun May 22, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat May 21, 2011 3:20 pm
Destiny110 says...

Name: Achilla
Age appearence: 16
Team: Artemis
Appearance: see below
Personality: Funny, courageous, can be proud of herself at times but doesn't go overboard, loves teamwork and does anything for the team
History: She was told about the team by Alesia, wanted to join and impressed Artemis with her sword fighting and archery skills and stealth, as well as her quick wit and friendlyness
Strengths: Good sword fighter and archer, stealthy, brave, ready to take one for the team
Weaknesses: Will do anything for the ones she loves, this sometimes gets in the way of things
Other: Is Alesia's best friends
Attachments
portrait_beautiful_teenage_girl_with_long_brown_hair.jpg
portrait_beautiful_teenage_girl_with_long_brown_hair.jpg (12.98 KiB) Viewed 305 times
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat May 21, 2011 3:33 pm
Destiny110 says...

Name: Aetos
Age appearence 17
Team: Artemis
Appearance: See below
Personality: Charming, funny, can be quite the ladies man. At the same time he is friendly and helpful.
History: was a loner for a long time but then found the team and wished to join, his charm didn't impress Artemis at first but his fighting and hunting skills did.
Strengths: can fight with almost anything- swords, knives, bows and arrows etc. Stealthy, and a good hunter
Weaknesses: He has a crush on Achilla which gets in the way most of the time, especially since he can't do anything about it.
Other:
Attachments
1249333478_5488_full.jpeg
1249333478_5488_full.jpeg (12.66 KiB) Viewed 305 times
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat May 21, 2011 7:30 pm
megsug says...

Name: Royce Umbuesi

Team: Apollo

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Royce is from a rich family and is used to getting his way. Despite his slightly annoying pushy attributes, he's very charismatic and is popular with most everyone. He's really nice to everyone (or at least attempts) and doesn't lord his good fortune over anyone. He's stubborn though and will argue even when he knows he's wrong because he doesn't want to admit it. He doesn't like to mention family or be around a good family setting because he and his father drifted apart after his mother died when he was seven.

History: There was a time when Royce was at rock bottom. He was planning to take a bunch of pills when he got home. A geeky kid he hardly knew talked him out of it on the walk home and stuck around after that. He disappeared eight months ago, and Royce realized his friend wasn't just any ordinary kid. He's basically talked himself into Apollo's band with lots of smiles and a little sucking up. He's just trying to find the guy who saved his life or at least what happened to him.

Strengths: He doesn't mind kissing up to someone to get what he wants, and he's fairly successful at doing so.
He's likable to even the most prickly pear.
He took some Judo classes for the summer when he was ten but doesn't remember much.

Weaknesses: He won't admit he's wrong even in a life or death situation.
He's uncomfortable in family situations and people getting too close.
He's used to getting what he wants on his terms.
He has a rather large phobia of snakes that he's tried to hide from others.

I'll name the geeky kid if anyone wants me to, but I don't think I'm actually going to be using him.
Test

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun May 22, 2011 5:32 pm
Sunshine says...

I posted my profiles! (See above)
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun May 22, 2011 9:29 pm
Apple says...

I believe there is one day to go till dealine! YEEE!
I spy!

355 Reviews

Sun May 22, 2011 10:59 pm
LadySpark says...

unlesss we don't get some apollo's more Apple... Tell your friends. If we don't get so guys by day after tomarrow (Tues here) we'll just make up some.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 23, 2011 1:54 pm
Camulaeus says...

Name: Elijah Derso
Team: Demi-god, Son of Morpheus.
Appearance:
Spoiler! :
The one in the red coat.

Personality: Elijah was more of the shy kid, lingering on the fringes of conversation, always a wisp of a presence showing only the side of his face and saying only barely legible murmurs. He doesn't tend to avoid people, just not interact with them as much. He generally just is there, and leaves it up to the other person to view it as awkward or comfortable. He detests selfishness and false charity, and strives to be free of manipulation. He fights it with a defiant silence, sort of testing people; do they subscribe him to a label or do they try to get to know him first?

History: Elijah's father stayed with him for the majority of his life, though never appearing to him in reality. In his dreams however, they caroled through the lands of Dream, and the surrounding Underworld. Eijah dismissed these as just dreams, and his mother dismissed Morpheus as a imagined replacement father.

On Earth, Elijah lived with a capable mother, who worked 9 hours a day as a secretary to make sure that they had a place to live. At school, Elijah's personality separated him from his classmates, and his ADHD only worsened his situation. On top of that, his homosexuality deepened the rift beyond repair. He wasted away the hours building creatures of his own imagination.

His first monster, a Hellhound, attacked him when he was 13, killing a random boy in his class who turned out to be a satyr. Then, Elijah's powers kicked in for the first time, and the monster passed out standing. The news that night recorded the harrowing tale of how a rampaging rhino was stopped from destroying a school by a tranquilizer dart.

Following this, his Mother revealed his true godly heritage, and sped him off to Camp, He's been there for 3 years now, if only for the summers. It's on his way to camp for a fourth time when he meets Apollo's band.

Strengths: Strong sense of self, not easily manipulated, somewhat adept at his powers
Weaknesses: Low social skills, Low fighting abilities

Other: He's homosexual.

Powers: He can put things to sleep and control dreams.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon May 23, 2011 6:28 pm
Redfang18 says...

I like to play a set of twins.

Name: Len and Ben Silverheart
Age appearance: 15
Appearace: (sorry, I never use pictures) Six-foot-two, bronze skin, moss green eyes, light blond hair, and athletic build. Both are identical, so it's hard to tell which is Len or Ben just by looking at them.
Personality: Both are kind to the kind and inseperatable. Len is compassionate and poetic in his speech, Ben is warm and prophetic at the best of times. You never see these two cause an arguement between each other, but they have the tendency to keep the peace amongst the band for the sake of their souls. Try and get one of this pair alone, the other twin will be quick enough to jump in and show you who's with who. They are easily angered when someone disagrees with either one or the other, so sometimes you have to agree if you like their good side.
History: Apollo found these two at a poetry reading and noticed that they were identical to each other. The one he really wanted to recruit was Ben because the boy was prophetic as well as a master archer, but when Len showed instead of Ben, Apollo had to recruit both boys. Len and Ben often get the comment "You look like your brother." a lot of times, especially from Apollo, so the twins just went along with it and often switch places for the fun of it or when one can't do what the other can. Both boys are master archers, but they have ways of letting someone know who's Len and who's Ben. Neither boys have anything to set them apart from each other except mental advantages, much to the surprise of friends and confusion of enemies.
Strengths: Both are sharp shots in archery and use their birth identity as a personal joke on friends and foes alike. They are also excellent medics at the best and worst of times. Len can recite his own poetry with incredible emotion and Ben can recite prophecies with very little emotion. Both also play the lyre.
Weaknesses: They don't like to have any disagreements with anybody. Len often has a puke attack whenever he gets too scared and Ben's speech turns to stammering when he's overly excited. Both boys hate it when people interupt their rehersals during free time.
Other: These guys are also mischeivious at the oddest times. They help each other prank anybody they both consider the perfect target. The only one they vow never to prank is Apollo, of who they wish to give the greatest respect to during lyre rehersals.
Up for love: Len is straight and Ben is bisexual, so if there's two girls out there, these boys will go for them. Len can't stand being in front of a gay boy, unfortunately.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

355 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 am
LadySpark says...

Name:
Kevin
Appearance:
see attached photo
Personality:
History
Kevin was a homless kid, but Apollo needed his archery skills
Strengths:
Archery
and Joke and Pranks
Weaknesses:
Can't take a joke when its on him
Jokes constantly. Some find it annoying.
Other:
He and Alesia have a secret love. No one knows.... so SHHHH....
Attachments
imagesCA2T5C32.jpg
imagesCA2T5C32.jpg (5 KiB) Viewed 104 times
Last edited by LadySpark on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

32 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2011 6:36 pm
Redfang18 says...

When are we kicking off? I think Len and Ben are starting to feel a little anxious.

~~~Les Miserables

355 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2011 6:49 pm
LadySpark says...

whenever ya'll want!
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

32 Reviews

Fri May 27, 2011 5:03 pm
Redfang18 says...

Len Silverheart

Apollo summoned everybody for a roll call. The two of us knew the drill. Just show up until your name is called, then get out of the boss's sight. Ben and I chuckled. We knew what could happen if the others knew we were identical twins. For as far as I knew, Ben and I were the only twins in the band besides the boss. It really surprised Apollo that every time he gets Ben alone, I come in and join the conversation regardless of the subject. The other boys were always confused of Ben and me. At a glance, I was Ben and vise versa. Between him and me, it was just a practical and personal joke.

~~~Les Miserables

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek