Young Writers Society

Apollo's Band and Artemis's Hunters*started*

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Tue May 17, 2011 10:24 pm
LadySpark says...

Not Accepting. Thank you.

Artemis people: Charecter:
-Shiney1 Jasinorhynna [pronounced : jazz-i-nor-ee-hah] (Jasmine)
-DramaLlama/ Alesia
-Sakuragirl1/ Althea
-bluewaterlily/ Iva
-Apple Denice/
-CelticaNoir/ Callista
-Destiny110/ Achilla

Apollo:
-Dragonette/ Hettix*
-DramaLlama/ Kevin
-Apple/ Uriel*
-Iiscraftywriter/ Fletcher (Fletch)
-Destiny110/ Aetos
-Megsug/ Royce
-Camulaeus/ Elijah*
-Redfang18/ Len and Ben

Demigods and such:
-Dragonette/ (Hettix)
-Apple/ (Uriel)
-Camulaeus/ (Elijah)

BAD DUDES:
-Iiscraftywriter/ Celeste (star) Girl daugther of Atlas

[b]

Dramatic intro/Plot
Ok, so this SB if for all you greek myth geeks out there.
Sakuragirl1 and I, dramallama are some of those, and we decided it was time to let our greek mythology imaginations come to life! What would you say if we told you that Artemis's hunters were here, going to school with us and playing on our sports teams? No, not the mist, it's not Percy Jackson.
They look like ordinary girls on the outside, but on the inside, they're probably five times your age. Unfourtunatly, something is trying to get rid of them. Monsters? PETA? Well that's up to you. Whatever it is, Apollo is NOT happy. His sister and her friends are getting drained of their powers, and that is NOT COOL! Plus, he might get weaker to, with that twin telepathy thing. He gathers a band of boys from both the mortal world and the olympian world, Apollo's blessed. Apollo's band. Has a nice ring, huh? No matter what the hunters want, the boys are coming to help. If you have a boy character, you're Apollo's band. If you have a girl character, you're Artemis's hunter.

That, is what we need you to think about as we write this SB.

So, dramatic intro/Plot explaining finished, lets get down to rules.

Of course considering that it is a greek mythology Story book, Godmodding is a bit more lax. But still:
[b]

~No God Modding.
~No cursing. Okay, you can curse a little, since we don't mind but please. Not to much.
~No explictnce. we want this to be friendly for everyone, so, kissing, hugging etc. is okay, but please nothing more.
~No one likes Mary Sue's

Okay, to become a member, you need to fill this out:

Name:
(Be creative)
Age appearence (remeber, they're OLD. but you can't tell. (when we say this we mean most of the hunters) ) : (12-17)
Team: (Apollo,Artemis, dark side, species such as demigods and satyrs (few can be on the dark side and be demigods and satyrs)
Appearance:
Pictures please!
Personality:
History (how they came to the hunters/band):
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other:

Okay, just post this underneath and you'll be all set. As we said before, there are few spaces for demigods,satyrs, dark side people so like five or six. Apollo and Artemis bands/hunters are unlimted.

Hunters:
-Sakuragirl1
-DramaLlama
-Shiney1
-bluewaterlily
-Apple
-Noir
-Destiny110
-Iisacraftywriter

Band members:
DramaLlama
-Dragonette
-Apple
-Iisacraftywriter
-Destiny110
-Megsug
-RedFang
-Redfang
-Cammie

Dark side,Demi gods and satyrs.
-Dragonette (band member as well)
-Iisacraftywriter
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

THANKS
Last edited by LadySpark on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 15 times in total.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Tue May 17, 2011 10:32 pm
LadySpark says...

Name:
Alesia
(Ali)
Age appearence : 16
Team:
Artemis
Appearance:
see attached file
Personality:
Shes a rebel. Even in the hunters, she goes out of her way to annoy Artemis. She died her hair purple, against Artemis's wishes, and ,mostly keeps to herself.
History:
She and Artemis ran into each other when Abbie was creating a trap for her teacher. Artemis took her on for her amazing sword and trapping skills.
Strengths:
~Shes an expert swordsman
~She can make wonderful traps
~Shes great at sneaking
Weaknesses:
~She can't stay focused.
~She has a lying problem.
Other:
Attachments
tumblr_lbl5ab8C7W1qbujbxo1_500_thumb.jpg
Abilyn
tumblr_lbl5ab8C7W1qbujbxo1_500_thumb.jpg (20.67 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
Last edited by LadySpark on Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Tue May 17, 2011 10:47 pm
megsug says...

Stupid question.
You said Apollo's band is made up of mortals and gods. Where would we put that on the profile?
Test

355 Reviews

Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 pm
LadySpark says...

meg, it doesn't matter. you don't have to put it at all.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue May 17, 2011 11:02 pm
shiney1 says...

Name:
Jasinorhynna [pronounced : jazz-i-nor-ee-hah] (Jasmine)
Age 17
Team: Artemis
Appearance:

Personality:
She is very quiet, and loves solitude. She hates arguing with her fellow hunters, but when she has had enough and something needs to be said, she will say it. She is very slow to anger, but when she does get angry, it is not pretty. She practices shooting frequently, to get her impeccable skills perfect. She loves animals, and speaks and sings to them, as well as spend time with them. They are not afraid of her and come to them on their own accord, which is sometimes a problem. She is great at being stealthy during a mission, but when she is in school, she can be very klutzy. She has trouble with math. Her stealth sometimes makes Artemis and the other more outspoken Hunters wary of her.
History:
While Artemis was on a hunt, Jasmine caught her by surprise, and snuck up behind her right when she was about to release her arrow, a feat hard to achieve. This stealth impressed Artemis, and the two soon became friends. Artemis then invited her to become a hunter after Jasmine proved excellent with a bow and arrow, and Jasmine accepted.
Strengths:
> Thinks before she acts or says something a good portion of the time
> She has a pretty good noodle, and awesome aim (direct hit 99% of the time)
> Great mediator between the Hunters, as she does her best to keep the peace and be understanding.
Weaknesses:
> Has trouble speaking her mind
> Is a recluse
> Afraid to take risks

Last edited by shiney1 on Tue May 17, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue May 17, 2011 11:08 pm
Piper says...

Name:Althea
Age appearence :15
Appearance:See below
Personality: Mild mannered, she grew up in Victorian times, you know. Usually happy person all around, unless you are nasty to her, then she makes her distane obvious. Even though they're opposites, she is BEST friends with Aleisia.
History: She lived in Victorian America. Her parent's sent her away to boarding school where she met a hunter of Artemis. With some testing, she proved to be handy with a bow and arrow.
Strengths:
~Handy with a bow
~Good around new people
~Loves people with a passion
~Weaknesses:
~Not to good at school
~Has trouble getting back on her feet after being hurt, emotional or physical
~Afraid of speaking up for her own well being, but otherwise really talkative
Other:Gets excited easily.
Attachments
Althea.jpg
Althea.jpg (11.03 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Cats are like characters. You may say they're yours, but in reality, they own you. ~Me

You can take away all the arts you want, but soon, the children won't have anything to read or write about. ~Glen Holland

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 am
Sunshine says...

Spot saved... likely an Apollo since you already have three Artemis girls!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 am
bluewaterlily says...

Name: Iva

Appearance: See below.

Personality: Neither a leader nor a follower, she just goes by her own rules. She is serious, reserved, independent, and introverted. It takes a while for her to open up to a person, but when she does, she is extremely loyal. She is protective of those closest to her. She will stand up for them, almost to the point of being fierce. She is afraid of losing the people she loves.

She is very athletic. She loves running, archery, and horseback riding. Second to her bow and arrow, her signature weapons are her stilettos.

History: She is very athletic. She was practicing her archery in the woods when she meets Artemis. Alarmed, she thought it was an intruder and almost shot Artemis with an arrow. Impressed, Artemis asked if she wants to join her group of hunters and she accepted.

Strengths:
-Excellent reflexes
-Clever and quick-witted
-Loyal and caring

Weaknesses:
-Too proud to ask for help
-Too closed introverted and isolated
-Afraid to get to know someone

iva.jpg
iva.jpg (42.75 KiB) Viewed 977 times
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed May 18, 2011 1:42 am
Dragonette says...

Name: Hettix. God of light.

Team: Apollo. He's a minor god.

Appearance: Crazy orange hair, golden eyes, and teeth so white they could blind you. He's lean, somewhat muscular, and very tan.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Mischievous. Brotherly: like a little brother 'cause he likes to tease, but like a big brother 'cause you can tell him anything and he's there for you.

History: He's the god of light, son of Helios. Since he's a god, he's lived, like, forever, so it would take a while to write all that down ;) But just know that he's a trouble maker gets in trouble with Zeus all the time, and Hera (he loves teasing her), and Dionysus, and, well, pretty much everyone. So his life is filled with punishments (although he manages to avoid some of them :P )
He heard about Apollo's quest and thought it would be a fun adventure. He is also good friends with Apollo.

Strengths: He can control light by making things dimmer or brighter. He is super quick and has fast reflexes. And he uses swords with thin blades.

Weaknesses: He doesn't like underground or dark places, they weaken him.

Other: He has an Australian accent ;)

>Wow, have I gotten lazy! Look how short this profile is!<
Last edited by Dragonette on Wed May 18, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Wed May 18, 2011 2:39 am
shiney1 says...

I have a question. You know when you said kissing is allowed and all of that. That doesn't go for the Hunters, right? Since they are sworn maidens and do not date or anything, and even find boys distasteful at times?
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed May 18, 2011 8:17 am
Apple says...

I'm definitely in! I'm reading Percy Jackson at the moment so you can tell I really want to do this! PS. If you need a boy character, I'll make another one it's just that I've always loved Artemis especially how she's portrayed in Percy Jackson. :D

Name: Denice Greek

Age appearence: Her real age is seventy-nine though she looks imbetween sixteen and seventeen. Sometimes she can be confused for being older because of her mature attitude and the dark glint in her eyes.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Denice has dark blonde hair that is often mistakened for a light brown. She never takes care of her hair, evident from the split ends, so she simply tucks it into a bun every day. Her eyes are a dark brown that have a serious glint in them that often makes people look away from her. Denice's demeanour is scary, she doesn't like to muck around and often she has a serious scowl imprinted on her forehead. It's hard to make this girl smile though on the small occassion she does, Denice becomes someone completely different. She stands rather tall with an athletic build, and has a sprinkle of chocolate brown freckles covering her body.

Personality: She is serious, crabby (at times) and will snap if she doesn't see the logic in what you say. Denice doesn't beat around the bush, she'll get straight to the point when she thinks something and doesn't care what people think of her. Most try to avoid her completely because of her sharp tongue and even more lethal blows (another thing she has a tendency to throw out if someone comes to close to her). Denice can be caring though that is only to her sisters, everything else she cannot stand and she won't let you forget it either. Even though she swore to Artemis about not falling in love, she often gushes over cute boys though she doesn't do it in the ordinary way, no, she'll almost kill the boy to show her affection. Which is often taken the wrong way...

History: Unlike most of the other members of the Hunt, Artemis felt sorry for Denice because she thought that the girl was like a bird trapped in a cage. As a child, Denice was never healthy. Stuck inside the hospital wards, she spent her days reading Greek myths and legends that the nurses would provide her. Because of her serious condition, Denice couldn't walk; it was even hard for her to eat. Every day she'd look up at the moon that she had read Artemis had control over and wish that she could walk at least a step before she turned seventeen when she was going to undergo a triple by pass that would most probably take her life.

And one day that wish came true. Artemis appeared at Denice's side moments after the nurse had cleared away her room of its materials because of her surgery that would happen in a matter of hours. She said that Denice's loyalty and bravery was amazing and she promised that she'd give the sick girl an option to walk and cure her disease as long as she left her family behind and joined the hunt. And Denice did just that.

Strengths:Her archery is well above average though compared to the over hunters she's rather average. Most often she fights with only knives because she has more talent throwing them and she prefers sometimes face to face combat even if she is scolded upon by the other archers. What Denice really succeeds at is stratergizing. Her ability to make plans out of nothing is noted upon by everyone -- who listens. Spending lots of time reading mythology and other novels about the World Wars taught Denice well on how to go about luring in an enemy. The problem is even though Artemis likes her ideas most of the time, Denice hasn't been on the hunt for as long as the other hunters so she's often ignored. To the others she is like the baby of the group with the hot temper.

Weaknesses: After her time in hospital Denice can have a relapse of the pain when she gets to stressed and will spend many days in bed before the horrible pain goes away. She doesn't like to admit it but Artemis did a bad job mending up her wounds from her previous life. Her running ability is also pretty slow and though she's getting better at stealth, Denice still has much to learn before she's as good as her sisters. One large and very embarrasing problem is that she cannot control her tongue or brain when she's around boys. Often she'll avoid them all together though when she hears about Apollo's plans to join with the hunters, she completely freaks out and tries to stop it. Denice pledged alliegance to Artemis though often her hearts wants to betray her. Denice doesn't want to dissapoint Artemis and neither does she want to leave the hunt but love has always been in her even if she tries to hide and supress it.

Other: This is Denice Greek's combat and throwing knife, and also her bow and arrow is a earthern colour with black feathers on the top and bottom something she designed herself. She's extremely touchy about it and won't let anyone touch her prize.
Last edited by Apple on Wed May 18, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spy!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed May 18, 2011 9:30 am
Apple says...

I decided to make a guy's character because there is hardly any. I hope this one is alright. :D

Name: Uriel Capcallen

Age appearence: Seveteen

Team: Apollo. He's a demigod.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Uriel, like his father, likes to flirt and make all the hunters uncomfortable. He is extremely cocky and is hated by most because of his arrogant attitude though this is all just a mask he places on so people think he's a flirtatious fool. Uriel is really like a hawk watching its prey before its pounces. He will never forgive his father, Apollo, for letting his mother die in hospital instead of saving her like he could have. And because of that Uriel doesn't know what side to chose whether it be the path of good or the path of evil.

History: Uriel is a demigod, his father being Apollo himself. Because of his talent at archery and haiku's, Uriel was one of the first to be asked to join the band of hunters and of course, Uriel agreed to join. Uriel has lived with his grandparents ever since his mother died giving birth to him. With his grandfather being bent on telling Uriel every tale from his time in the war, it was natural for Uriel to grow a liking for guns which his grandfather taught him how to shoot at a very young age. His grandfather was surprised at his son's excellent firing abilites and soon moved him onto larger, more delicate guns. Apollo, not agreeing with guns, gave Uriel a crossbow when he accepted to join the mission although he keeps his grandfather's favourite pistol in his back pocket just in case he has to use it when he runs out of arrows.

Apollo never visited Uriel when he was younger, in fact he didn't even know Uriel existed till he became a champion at sharp shooting and appeared on screen because of his abilities. It is because of this that Uriel despises his father, and even though he trips over his own feet to make his father notice him, it is only because he wants to rub in the man's face what he neglected.

Strengths: Like his father he has excellent marksmanship and a talent for all kinds of poetry. As the son and grandfather of a marksman, Uriel knows how to keep himself shrouded in the shadows. He can creep up on his prey without them noticing a thing. Sometimes he'll give himself away because he's very tall and his back won't stoop close enough to the ground because of his long legs but he gets the job done none-the-less.

And whether Uriel likes it or not he makes a mean beaf stew.

Weaknesses: Uriel lets his jealousy and anger for his father get control of him most of the time. He hates that his father compliments his "brothers" in the band, he hates that his father only acknowledges him when he's shooting and what Uriel hates most of all is that Apollo spends more time looking at himself in the mirror then with his son and that he still talks to his other kin even though he didn't once contact Uriel until he won shooting champion of America in the nineth grade. Envy is his largest problem and it often drives him to do crazy things such as risking thousands of people's lives to show he can take down a whole herd of escape rhino's from the zoo.

Other: Could be good, could be bad: you won't know till it actually happens.
Last edited by Apple on Wed May 18, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I spy!

355 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2011 1:06 pm
LadySpark says...

shiney, that def doesn't go for Hunters. We just put that, cause its suggested. and some gods or demi gods or something.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed May 18, 2011 4:26 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Name: Callista Dalmas

Age Appearance: She's 1287 years old in age, but she looks 17.

Team: Artemis's Hunters.

Appearance:

Spoiler! :
jane_asher.jpg
jane_asher.jpg (32.85 KiB) Viewed 833 times

Personality: A generally sweet and humorous girl, Callista seems to be almost childish at first sight. However, she is one of Artemis's most devoted and oldest followers, as well as one of the most serious. While she has stayed in Artemis's employ for more than a millenia, there has been times when she was tempted to leave, and this desire for things she doesn't have is a very pronounced trait in her, to the point of kleptomania. However, she also has a lot of empathy, and acts as the big sister figure to the Hunters.

History: Callista was a Dryad before she was ever a Hunter. Presented to Artemis by her mother (who was a Dryad herself) at an early age, she grew to be a strong and skilled archer, to the point of being recognized by Apollo himself. Impressed, he offered to give her abilities if she would be his bride. But Callista had already been offered to Artemis, who herself came down to challenge her brother. After a long and tiring argument between the twins (in which Callista is sure she heard several slur words), however, Apollo conceded his offer to her, and Artemis instead offered her a place in the Hunters and immortality, in exchange for eternal devotion and celibacy, which Callista took up.

Strengths: Callista has a brilliant aim, and can hit with almost any ranged weapon she fires. She is also a good singer, if that counts.

Weaknesses: She is not good in hand-to-hand combat, and has a low stamina that is only overshadowed by her tendency to steal things that aren't hers.

Other: Nothing else at the moment.
Last edited by CelticaNoir on Thu May 19, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Wed May 18, 2011 7:36 pm
megsug says...

Reserving an Apollo band guy.
Test

"Honestly, I think the world is going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices."
— Dean Winchester