z

Young Writers Society

The Masked - Needs baddies

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat May 14, 2011 10:06 pm
SisterItaly says...

Masked
In 1800, Venice, Italy, something isn't right. The once peaceful city is restless. People wake up screaming from nightmares of masked beings who watch them from a distance. Waiting. No one knows what these dreams mean, even the greatest dream interpreters are having trouble. What they don't understand is that there is no hidden meaning.
It's a warning of what's to come.

Hundreds of years ago, the masked were the guardians of Venice. They punished the wrong-doers, but other than that they weren't seen much. Now, they've come to finish their work. During the night, they storm the city. In the morning, you find yourself in the forest.

At some point of your life, you have done a terrible wrong. Now, you must be punished. It could be something as small as breaking someone's heart deliberately, or it could be something as horrible as murder. It varies from person to person.

Just as your crime varies, so does your punishment. The masked are something to be feared, but their punishments aren't always severe. Usually, the punishment matches the crime. An eye for an eye. If the masked see something good in you, then they will point you towards redemption.

The masks are a group of gifted people who believe in justice for all. No matter the price. They are sworn to stay silent about the group and never. Ever. Fraternize with the enemy.

The time has come, the masked are watching.

Character slots

Masked - If you want a Mask, PM me.

- SisterItaly - M - Tony
- CelticaNoir - F - Luna
- Camulaeus - M - Elijah
- Ishathepirate - F -
- ScarlettFire -
Italians
- SisterItaly - F - Elsa
- ScarlettFire -
- penprincess - F - Andromeda
-
-
-

Character Forms

Masked

Name: (First and last.)

Mask Alias: (What you are known as while wearing the mask.)

Appearance: (Anime is fine, no scene characters.)

Mask: (Mask designs and colors vary.)

Personality: (Flaws, strengths, ect.)

Brief history: (Why did they become a mask?)

Weapon: (Knock yourself out, but no more then one weapon. Unless it's twin swords.)

Up for love: (Yes or no.)

Other: (For whatever you feel I've forgotten)

Italian

Name: (First and last)

Appearance: (Again, no scene, but Anime is fine.)

Personality: (Flaws, strengths, the works.)

History: (Why are they being punished/ offered redemption?)

Up for love: (Yes or no?)

Other: (Anything I forgot?)
Last edited by SisterItaly on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2011 10:06 pm
SisterItaly says...

Masked

Name: Antonello Romano

Mask Alias: The Jester

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's still thrown into fits of blind rage, every now and then. His control over them has gotten better. He's the kind of guy anyone could befriend, but he takes his job very seriously. He doesn't let empathy get in the way of his work. His idea of justice is an eye for an eye, so yes, he has killed people.

Brief history: Antonello (Or Tony) was born into a rich family, so he got whatever he wanted with a snap of his fingers. In his teen years, he dated a girl named Roberta. He was prone to fits of rage, which Robet (His pet name for her) would be subject to. Eventually, she left him. A mask found Tony late at night and showed him how much better Robet's life was without him, even though she was now poor. The mask offered him redemption. He began taking care of Robet, and now the two are friends. Tony never felt he had really paid his dues, and became a masked.

Weapon:
Spoiler! :

Up for love: yes

Other: Trained in fencing, horrible at hand and hand combat.

Italian

Name: Elsa De Luca

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: At a first glance, she's kind, respectful and only speaks when told to. She knows her common curtseys and is always willing to help. But looks can be deceiving.

She's really great at being manipulative. So great that she could have you licking poop off the floor if she wanted. Luckily she knows right from wrong and only uses her skill to manipulate people into doing good, or doing what could help her.

Although she seems like a relatively happy person, she's often just building up her rage. This might explain why she's such a good fighter, she gives it her all. Some people are actually afraid of coming face to face with her in a fight.
She's a terrific people person, but she doesn't really have any close friends. She doesn't know why that is, but it doesn't bother her. She doesn't need anyone.

History: Elsa was born into a poor family, her father left soon after she was born, her mother was terminally ill. So it was obvious she would turn towards crime. First, it was petty thieving. She told herself that she needed the money to buy food and to pay for her mother's doctors.

Then she moved onto bigger thefts. Again, she lied to herself and said she just wanted to have the extra money in case of emergencies. That was her way of justifying the thefts. Finally, she admitted she loved the thrill of stealing. Knowing that any second you could be caught. Then, she stole from the wrong people. A gang of Italian criminals.

She was caught, and forced to work for them to pay them back.

Up for love: Yes

Other: (Anything I forgot?)
Last edited by SisterItaly on Sat May 14, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2011 10:17 pm
CelticaNoir says...

(Working)

Name: Luna Torissi

Mask Alias: The Butterfly

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
csakura.png
csakura.png (269.97 KiB) Viewed 135 times

Mask:
Spoiler! :
gattinaorobianco.jpg
gattinaorobianco.jpg (9.05 KiB) Viewed 134 times

Personality: Luna is a bit of a dreamer, detached from reality often to the point of being in a trance. While most people say that it's an endearing quality of hers, it can be the most frustrating; she can often not notice if there's any immediate danger around her, unless she is told.

Brief history: (Why did they become a mask?)

Weapon: (Knock yourself out, but no more then one weapon. Unless it's twin swords.)

Up for love: (Yes or no.)

Other: (For whatever you feel I've forgotten)
Last edited by CelticaNoir on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun May 15, 2011 11:16 pm
Camulaeus says...

Meh too!
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 16, 2011 12:12 am
Camulaeus says...

Masked

Name: Elijah Derso

Mask Alias: "Trueblade"

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
If it's not working, here's the link:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/3129786e ... ee7ff5.jpg

Mask:
Spoiler! :
Yes it's feminine, but he's into that stuff.

Personality: Elijah is fun a quirky, always set on the hyper, but not annoying tone. He's mildly interested in the typical gay stereotypes, but for the most part his main hobby is finding humor in life. He looks at everything in a comical way, and thinks that laughter is the key to peace. Sometimes this naivety is a great flaw for him, but his optimism and happy-go-lucky ways provide a great strength to counteract it.

Brief history: Elijah was born to a family of actors, yet lost his mother in childbirth. His father was a comedian, and taught Elijah the beauty of being a humorist, and the trades of acting. He earned a meager wage as an actor in a local theater for most of his teen years, over time realizing his sexual orientation. His father died when he was 18, leaving Elijah to work on his own. Forced to starvation, Elijah committed his sin, pickpocketing a local noble, and using the goods to purchase dinner. He was offered redemption by a Mask, and afterwards, with no place to go, asked to join. HE was accepted, and for the past 4 years he has been patrolling Venice and amusing his fellow workers.

Weapon: The sword in his picture.

Up for love: Yes, Gay.

Other: Eh...not much.
Last edited by Camulaeus on Wed May 18, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Tue May 17, 2011 9:15 pm
Dreamwalker says...

It looks like theres no more room for masked, so I'll take an Italian spot, if thats alright! I'll be back to make the profile!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed May 18, 2011 7:38 am
ScarlettFire says...

I am here.

I'll post my profiles later.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2011 3:49 pm
SisterItaly says...

Profiles, People. I want to start soon.

The Book.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun May 29, 2011 6:44 pm
Glauke says...

Italian

Name: Andromeda "Mimi" Brunilde

Appearance: Image

Personality: Mimi is, in one word, a psycho. She will befriend you and make you feel like you are the most important person in the world. She will support you, compliment you, hug you, cheer you up, have fun with you, love you... She will be your best friend in the world and make you feel special and beautiful. She will tell you that you are right when you are wrong. She will shower you with affection and gratitude and love.
And in the dead of night...
She will kill you.

History: Andromeda Brunilde is not Mimi's birth name. If you looked at her birth certificate, her name is Bianca Clair Sadette. When Mimi was a small girl, only three, her mother left her out on the streets to die. A man named Mr. Amelio found her and cared for her until she was six. But Mr. Amelio was very old and soon died. A foster mom was willing to take Mimi in, but Mimi was depressed and didn't want anyone but Mr. Amelio. So, she ran away to Venice. She was taken in by and ran away from many different foster parents and orphanages, including Ms. Benscotti, Mr. Macario, and the Orphanage of Venice. She scraped by on her own from ages 10 to 13. At age 13, she learned that no one could be trusted. She decided to rid the world of untrustworthy people. So, she befriended them, made them feel loved, and finally, killed them. The hitch was, the people she killed were always perfectly innocent. She has never been caught in the act. She had changed her name many times, but she kept the name Andromeda because it was the name of a girl in mythology who was brought to justice for her actions, which is exactly what Mimi thinks she is doing to the people she slaughters.

Up for love: Pretends to be (so that she can kill her lover), but is really not.

Other: "Si fidava di me, così io ora vi porterà alla giustizia." -- Mimi says this just before she murders her victims. It means, "You trusted me, so I shall now bring you to justice."
❁❁❁

be still, sad heart, and cease repining
behind the clouds is the sun still shining

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:23 pm
gleek456 says...

Italian

Name: Caprice Dante

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
santana-lopez-and-betsey-johnson-angora-leopard-knit-cropped-cardigan-gallery.jpg
This is what she looks like
santana-lopez-and-betsey-johnson-angora-leopard-knit-cropped-cardigan-gallery.jpg (89.73 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Personality: Short-tempered is what she is. She is flirtacious and always have men following her around, especially rich ones. She uses them, then murders them, while framing a maid or butler. She gets away with what she does. She only falls in love for money, unless this man is very interesting. Caprice is sweet at times, but vigour at others. She can deceit others easily and never gives up.

History: Her father was a leader of an italian mafia, but was caught by the masked and killed later. He was the idol of most assasinators. Her mother was afraid that the masked was going to hunt her family down, and fled with Caprice to Russia. In Russia, Caprice's mother died of a severe illness when she was 13 and was left to fend on her own. When she turned 15, she moved back to Italy, sneaking onto a plane and hiding in one of the passenger's bag. Caprice fell in love in Italy by this man named Marius, but later found out that he was cheating on her with another woman. Outraged, she murdered her ex-boyfriend and the woman, and framed their maids. From then on, she made men fall in love with her and murdered them, taking their money to fill the emptiness in her heart.

Up For Love: Yes, to kill, but she is still looking for an actual person to love. She's desperate enough to fall in love with a masked, but declares that she will never fall in love with one. (It would be interesting if a masked fell in love with her! Wouldn't it?)

Other: She carries a switch-blade knife with her, and a pocket gun. She is very good at sneaking from place to place.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:34 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Italian.

Name: Bernardetta 'Etta' Rossi

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/libraryhermit95/AnimeGirl.jpg?t=1258072457

Personality: Don't let Etta's innocent looks fool you. She is a paid assassin (and even better paid prostitute), and her looks only make her better at her work. She is, like some of the bad guys, actually kind when not working. She has morals and will never make her... patients suffer. She hates every minute of being a bad person but can't find any other work that pays enough and suits her. She's loyal to fellow thieves/villains and was one of the people getting the dreams about the masked. She is spooked-out about them and on a temporary leave of assassination work.

History: She was raised to be a good girl. She was also born with severe anger problems. They got rather out of hand and her parents didn't know what to do. They decided to put her up for adoption (loving parents, huh?) She ran away and tried to work for money. She was unwillingly recruited by a gang, and then saved by an assassin (weird...). When she isn't killing people she's hanging out at the Il nascondiglio meaning the hideout where she's hired as a assassin and a part-time prostitute.

Up for love: If you can break through to her, yes.

Other: (Uhm, any particular rules?)
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:58 pm
SisterItaly says...

*IsaDead SB*

The Book.

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart