z

Young Writers Society

Dark Visions

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:34 am
BrooklynWriter says...

This SB is co-administered by Ladyofthedeathroses and myself.

"Welcome to the Zete's Institute here you will be tested and schooled on using your powers."
You arrive at the Zete's Institute and stay there for the first few weeks everything seems fine and dandy then things take a very strange and dark turn...

Profile:

Name: (Please be unique but reasonable)

Appearance: (Any pictures acceptable)

History: (Be real and detailed add why their parents wanted them to come to the institute)

Strengths:

Flaws: (Real flaws please it makes it more realistic)

Psychic abilities: (Be original)

Medical Issues: (Preferred)

Up for love: Yay or Nay? And Sexual Preference.

Others: (I'd appreciate 2 or 3 others)

You can create up to two characters but remember that you need to keep up with both of them.

53 Reviews

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:48 am
BrooklynWriter says...

Name: Allora Mae

Appearance: Allora is 5'9" and built leanly. She is skinny but not really curvy. She used to have boring brown hair but she died most of it purple. Hey eyes are a dark brown and look almost black. She has a relatively pale complexion and does not wear makeup.
Spoiler! :

History: Allora's parents discovered her physchic ability before she even learned her name. The day they brought her home from the hospital, she telepathically called out to them in the middle of the night. Her parents were logical people, a pair of scientists. Her unexplainable ability shocked and scared them. Despite this, they still cared for her. They didn't want there curious colleagues to disect and speculate on her. They gave her up to a nearby orphanage owned by her mother's old neighbor. Jennifer took care of Allora as if she were her own. She was not married, so she could not legally adopt Allora so she was brought up in the orphanage. She never told Allora about her gift, but Allora figured it out when she was ten. When Jennifer heard of the Zete's institute, she signed Allora up immediately. So here she is.

Strengths: Obviously, Allora doesn't need to talk. She's good at sneaking around. Allora has pretty good hearing, and is a fast runner.

Flaws: Allora can't climb for crap. She usually has her head often in the clouds so her mind is usually off in her own world. Allora sometimes accidentally sends her private thoughts out.

Psychic abilities: Mental Telepathy

Medical Issues: Allora has a minor case of asthma.

Up for love: Sure; straight.

Others: Allora is a writer, you can usually find her typing away on her laptop, which she takes with her everywhere. She usually wears a simple band T-Shirt, and jeans. And Allora keeps a password protected journal on her laptop.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:38 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I'd like to reserve a spot please!
Live, Love, Laugh

53 Reviews

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:54 pm
Cspr says...

May I reserve a spot? I'd like to join, but I feel that I should probably read up a bit on the forerunner to this SB...
My SPD senses are tingling.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:21 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Sure the book is Dark Visons by L.J. Smith
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

180 Reviews

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 pm
Cspr says...

Okay. Neat. I'll have to Google that...and perhaps get it from the library (though I won't wait to post info until I've read it, don't worry).

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun May 01, 2011 10:43 pm
Dragonette says...

I don't know anything about the book, but I hope it's still ok if I join! :D

Name: Naomi Haylor

Appearance: Naomi has short auborn/brown hair and pudding brown eyes. She's rather petite, and is only 5'1". She normally wears black or grey shirts, skinny jeans, and gold necklaces and/or earrings (she has three peircings in her left ear).
Spoiler! :

History: Nothing much. She's lived in a home for girls her whole life. Even though she's an orphan, she doesn't notice it, the girls at the orphanage are her family to her. She never knew her parents.

Strengths: Well, she did gymnastics for a few years, so she's not amazing but she's flexible and knows how to do cartwheels and handsprings and handstands, stuff like that. She can climbe really well; if it has rough edges, she can climb it. Naomi has a big vocabulary and likes to use big words. And she can play the piano, guitar and drums well.

Weaknesses: She's not very strong or fast; she's not a weakling, but she's not as good as everyone else.

Physic abilities: She can vary her molecular density. Meaning she can either go through materials, or harden herself so that nothing can break her. (like Seth in the movie "Race to Witch Mountain).

Medical issues: She can NOT stand still. I mean it. Pacing, cartwheeling, playing hand games, stretching, anything and everything. Even in her sleep she's all over the place (she doesn't sleep walk, but she always wakes up with her head at the foot of the bed).
Up for love: Yes. And strictly straight.

Other: She's got a strong, almost stuborn personality. And she's a veggitarian (not because she's an animal-hugger, just because she thinks meat is gross).
Last edited by Dragonette on Sun May 15, 2011 4:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

180 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2011 1:45 am
Cspr says...

Name: David “Dave” Coombs

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
David Dave Coombs.jpg
David Dave Coombs.jpg (47.24 KiB) Viewed 594 times

History: Dave’s life was relatively normal. Mother (florist), father (CEO), and a sister who liked to blame him for everything. He never really fit in with any of--them. His father wanted a son who could be everything he couldn’t--ladies’ man, football player, straight-A student (as if all three were cohesive in any way). He wanted him to be street-smart and see around curves. However, he was never really good at--any of that. He’s smart enough, not brilliant. His mother got along sort of well with him, she was creative, but she had a tendency to go with her daughter on most things and hit or slapped him when he ‘did something bad’. Oh, and for the reason his family is put in past tense--he sort of, um, started a rather large fire that consumed his house and, ya know, caused a gas leak, which didn’t help-- The police tried to nail him as a murderer, but what can you do when there’s no evidence? Eventually they settled the case and sent him to live with his Aunt Arlene, who promptly shipped him off to Zete’s Institute, for some reason or another. He figures she just doesn’t like him and, well, he was the only survivor of a house fire that killed her sister. A house fire he did start, whether or not he intended to or not.

Strengths: He’s quite level-headed and ordered, as well as a good conversationalist who is good at peace-keeping. He tends to view both sides of an argument before making decisions and he looks before he leaps. He also is a B student and pretty inventive mechanically and artistically.

Flaws: He is horrible with cues. He doesn’t understand when people don’t like him, or when people like him a bit too much. As far as being human goes, he has blinders on that little sixth sense called ‘intuition’. He thinks everyone will hurt him at first, but if they don’t automatically, he becomes enraptured a bit fast. He also has the bad habit of being too friendly and, sometimes, when things get a little too much, or when a topic he’d like to stay unmentioned, comes into play--he can be a bit hot-headed (pun intended). Oh, and he hates strange people touching him--and, yes, tapping him on the arm with a question does count.

Psychic Abilities: He’s rather good with pyrotechnics, a pretty simple power in theory, but his brain is rather special with it. He doesn’t feel much pain and his body can deal with higher temperatures than normal. He also seems to have a certain amount of fireproofing and he makes a bit too much adrenaline, which helps him think quicker in life-or-death situations.

Medical Issues: As mentioned, his adrenal gland is a bit defective (but that’s to his benefit) and a high pain tolerance. He also has occasional bouts of anthrophobia. He has one minutely lazy eye--possibly from head trauma, though he won’t say how he got it or if he was born with it. If you ask, you get his patented Death Glare, actually.

Up For Love: Sure (but good luck with that). In response to the second question, if asked he’d probably curl his lip and retort with, “Why does it matter? I won’t be dating you.” (Again, good luck with that.)

Others: 1. He tends to dress a bit like a street kid--all vests, ragged t-shirts, and jeans with grass stains and natural-made holes. Most of his stuff doesn’t fit too well. 2. He’s a bit sensitive about a few things--namely his family, what happened to his family, and his childhood, amongst other things. Or maybe he’s just a bit soft in general. He was in a family of top dogs--somebody had to be the omega. 3. He likes mythology and astrology, as well as most old and decrepit things.

///

Hope this is good. :D And sorry about it being a hand-drawn picture that I photographed. >.< It's extremely hard to find pictures of brown-haired, sort of scrawny guys with green eyes, one of them lazy, ya know. So I found a close picture and drew from that. Hope that's okay, too.
Last edited by Cspr on Fri May 13, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Name: Cataluna Zara *Call her either Cat or Luna just never by her full name she answers to either*

Appearance: Black hair down to her waist that she's always putting hair extensions into, midnight blue eyes, pale skin, light pink lips, several scars on her arms back and legs, 5'10 she has an almost feral grace when she walks or does gymnastics, she almost always has a soft look in her eyes or a glare its very hard to catch her with any other expression she always wears gloves that cover her palms because whenever she would give 'lip' her father would use her palms as an ashtray only a few people know about it.

History: She grew up in an abusive home where her mother wanted her to be the perfect daughter the cheerleader the prep the one all the jocks wanted on and on her father wanted a boy so he never truly accepted her and actually started to beat her whenever she refused to exercise or go to gymnastics when she would rather read, write or draw. She discovered her ability (she's an empath and has telekinesis) when she was very angry at her father when she grabbed a paperweight with her mind and threw it at him so hard it nearly went through the wall next to his head. He was eventually found out and she was sent to live with her Aunt Diana or Crow who was another Wiccan who taught her all she knows as she would call her who discovered what she could do and sent her to the Zete's Institute.
Strengths: She is very strong both with her psychic ability and physically, she is very flexible, she is loyal, once you get her to trust you she is very kind, she knows how to cook almost anything, she can block emotions, she can draw write and sing, and she is a very sweet person once you can convince her that your not out to hurt her or send her back home.

Flaws: She has a very bad temper and once she loses it things tend to start flying everywhere, she has bipolar disorder and add the fact that she is an empath and things get messy, she is very withdrawn, and she doesn't talk alot.
Psychic abilities: Empath and psychoknesis.
Medical Issues:CIPA (I forget what the acronym stands for) it means she can't feel pain, she has bipolar disorder.
Up for love: Yes and bisexual.

Others: 1. You will never find out with her ipod and her sketchpad 2. She is Wiccan. 3. She loves the colors, black, dark blue, red, and purple. 4. She has been teased and bullied all of her life because of the fact that she is Wiccan and bisexual and she has grown a thick skin but it still hurts. 5. She has taken self defense classes and can bring anyone to their knees not even trying.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Fri May 13, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon May 02, 2011 10:35 pm
jessig833 says...

Can I join???

12 Reviews

Tue May 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Yes

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue May 03, 2011 11:17 pm
jessig833 says...

Name: Jake Summers

Appearance: Jake is average size with black hair that stays in his eyes. He has green eyes that seem to change shades with his mood.Jake wears dark colors he and always wears a ring his parents left him after they died.

History: Jake lived a normal life until he was three his parents took away his toy.The next thing they know there was a tornado in the living room. Their house was torn in two. his parents later found he was the cause. So now he got everything he want until his parents died in a car accident. He was sent to live with his grandma she sent him to the institute.

Strengths: He is a nice guy.He likes to try to keep the peace,if a fight started he would stand to the side and watch it play out. He is quite and doesnt talk often. But hate bullies and when he around bullying a breeze is sure to follow.

Flaws: He lose his temper when he sees someone getting picked on. Since his powers are tied to his emotions it normally end with a storm.

Psychic abilities: He can control the weather/Nature.

Medical Issues: His temper I guess.

Up for love: Yes|gay

Others: Always wear a ring his parents left him after the died.
Last edited by jessig833 on Wed May 18, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12 Reviews

Wed May 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Ok I would like to add something in addition to the institute you will be going to a regular school and after school you will be tested and it is set in California. Swearing is allowed just not every other word as well and also make it as realistic as possible.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed May 04, 2011 9:19 pm
MilkNCookies says...

*reserve spot*

Name: Nyoka Fergana.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

History: She has always lived on the red carpet. Her parents were always the famous movie stars everyone wished their parents were. And they gave her everything she wanted. When she didn't turn spoiled, people were confused; especially so when she began to spiral downwards in seclusion and depression. She was taken to every hospital everywhere as she would dart in and out of comas. She was cursed with the very, very rare Giroclicomia, a disease where she would dart in and out of depression and comas sometimes but be absolutely fine in other times. Which means she received maximum attention everywhere she went. If she became depressed, she was put on oxygen and sent to a hospital.

She's been doing better lately. But now, strange things happen around her- the appearance of illusions. She can't control these. Well, barely. But they become their strongest when she's awake and fine. As her parents began fighting (as all celebrity couples do), they sent her to Zeke's, where they knew from a friend she'll be taken care of.

Strengths: Illusions, emotionally strong. She's helpful... when 'awake'.

Flaws: She can't control these illusions or control when she faints. She's of little use when she's depressed.

Psychic abilities: Can create illusions.

Medical Issues: Giroclicomia. (a disease where she would dart in and out of depression and day or hour long comas sometimes but be absolutely fine in other times.)

Up for love: Yes, I guess. She's straight.

Others: -She is filthy stinkin' rich.
-She's shy and secluded.
-She has a pet cat that she didn't bring with her.
-She has illusions to herself more often than she makes illusions around her.

*Giroclicomia is not a real disease*

Is this okay?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey