Young Writers Society

Dark Visions

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:16 pm
sylverdawn says...

*Ashe could use some company right now please.*

Ashe Breaker:

Ashe peered out the window, staring up at the sky. Ruby eyes glittered in the light cast from the Blood Moon. He shivered wondering idly if the rest of the group knew the significance of a red colored moon. "We are so totally screwed." He muttered under his breath.

Confused Nila asked him. "What are talking about?"

For a moment Ashe didn't answer and when he spoke it was in a strange singsong voice.
In the heart and in the soul,
Evil takes it wicked toll.
When moonlight shines like flowing blood,
Over the earth the demons will flood.

He glanced back at the others, dread flickering over his expression. "It's an old prophecy every were-beast is supposed to know. Although it's so ancient many of them think it's just a superstition nowadays." Ashe explained.

*Disclaimer- I totally ripped this poem off a book I'd read. But I thought it sounded cool and seemed to fit the situation. :) *
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:33 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Cataluna Zara
I recited the poem along with Ashe the words that should have been strange seemed familar and flowed easily. "I know Ashe trust me I've heard that many times several times in the last few days there are people who also say that the red moon means blood has been spilt. But witches and Were's know it's a different story. The blood moon means that the veil between the underworld and earth are thin things can walk the Earth with no consequences. And they will be drawn to the most power in the area which unfortunetly is us and since my father managed to escape his coven can draw upon those powers and have them come after us." I said calmly. "Damn." Crow said.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:25 pm
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Jameston

Isis curled herself up on the bed, resting from her little escapade. I sensed something awful, evil in the air outside. I went to the fireplace and opened the Incantus. According to the Incantus, a Blood Moon is a serious problem to a Topaz witch. If a Topaz uses magic of any size, he or she will become as evil as Morgan le Fey. I didn't want that to happen to me, but without magic I was completely vunerable.
Luna asked, "What's wrong, Arthur?"
I answered grimly, "Unless the Blood Moon is over, I'm not using any magic. If I do, I'll be evil. I can't let that happen." I looked at Crow. "Is there some place in your Family Incantus where your family and the Topaz clan were once together?"
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:55 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Cataluna Zara
"Umm I don't know. I've never opened it." Crow said looking at me. I sighed. "There's a fairy circle in the middle of the backyard go there and then you'll know what to do." She said as I walked out into the back yard. I strode into the center of the fairy circle and looked at the Incantus. I heard a small voice in the back of my head that started to instruct. "In the name of my Goddess the elements and my love for my family. I command you to open." I intoned the strings twitched. "Open I command thee in the name of the moon, stars, and the night. I command you with the flames of passion, the strength of stone, the soothing rains, and the winds of insight!" I commanded and the strings burst immediately and I felt a rush of heat and power that brought me to my knees. I smiled grimly and walked back into the house the strings wrapped around my wrist. I flipped through the Incantus savoring the feel of rightness that came every time I turned a page. Then I stopped and stared at the page. I looked at Arthur and grinned. "Hi ya cousin!" I said cheerfully and he gaped at me. I read aloud "500 years ago the Zara clan along with the Topaz were bound together in a blood rite mixing their powers, and blood from that point till the end of time."
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

32 Reviews

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:53 pm
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Jameston

I almost choked. Now I learned I have a cousin! Man, am I having the time of my life, I thought. I opened my Incantus and saw the family tree at the front page. On "current living witches," my name and Luna's were there. Between our names were the two words "blood kinsmen." I sighed and said, "Well, guess this means I still have some family left besides Ashe after all."

~~~Les Miserables

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:41 pm
Cspr says...

((Yo, since no one responded to me when I posted a week or so ago...may I please be caught up? I believe anything I would post would totally be out of the loop now, because dude, fairies and Topaz witches. Obviously I'm behind. Last I heard we were in a mental institute and someone (Arthur or Ashe?) just heard about the collars. Then I think they all moved, but I have no idea where my character should be now. Help?

Sorry if this is annoying. But a quick little response so I can edit this into being an actual post (BIC), like I planned with my previous, would be glorious. I hate interrupting flow, honestly, but I'm too lost to just re-read.

Gracias in advance.))
My SPD senses are tingling.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:13 pm
View Likes
sylverdawn says...

Alright I'm going to recap the story for anyone who is lost. Plus it might help us hash out a few things.

Basically after we learned about the collars everyone high tailed it out of the institute. While we were in hiding Arthur came into his full powers as a witch and fell in love with Nila. While Ashe found out his father, the institute head had been tracking him, he shapeshifted and went after the Chairman's head with Azure, but they got caught. Ashe and Arthur also found out they were half-brothers.

The rest of the group ended up training for a few days, lets say a week before storming the Institute to rescue Azure and Ashe. Meanwhile Ashe has started to come to terms with his duty as the King of the shapeshifters, although he's still pretty reluctant. And Azure is a faerie who is being hunted by her own kind for mysterious reasons unkwown.

During the escape Ashe's/Arthur's father escaped and is lurking in the background now, plotting something evil. Luna's father kidnapped her mother and Arthur's familiar Isis. Although they managed to rescue the cat, Luna's mother died and her father escaped. The group have since retreated to Luna's Aunt Crow's house in order to regroup.

Despite this they aren't exactly safe. As Ashe noted a Blood Moon is a very, VERY, bad thing! I would suggest you just insert your character into the group. Make it seem like he/she was just hanging in the background for one reason or another until now.

Alright those are all the high-lights I can think of. If I missed anything important people can feel free to harass me about it.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

32 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:15 am
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Jameston

Standing next to the fireplace, I opened the Incantus and went through it until I found a Tracker spell. I read it through and gasped. The biggest side effect was that a Tracker spell is so powerful, the caster might die in less than a heartbeat. I wasn't willing to take that risk, but I was willing to use the potion-based spells until the Blood Moon's span has ended. I read page after page of potion-based spells, memorizing every one I could find. I closed the Incantus and stored it under my pillow. Like Nanna, I couldn't trust anyone with the Incantus. I lay down on my bed and rested.
Nila's weight came at my side and she wrapped her arms around me, holding me close to her. She kissed my forehead and bade me good-night.
I smiled in my sleep. I knew Nila just loved me, so for her sake I would not even dare use a Tracker spell.

~~~Les Miserables

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:24 pm
Cspr says...

David Coombs

The first thing I noticed was rather, uh, pathetic. Blurriness. It was just like me to notice that of all things. The swishing gray blob held over--
I smacked it. My hand tingled in response, a burning feeling.
I shuddered in distaste and squinted.
A wall.
I rolled over onto my back. Now I was looking up. At some ceiling.

Where the frick--? I closed my eyes. Right. Before we left--when everyone was freaking out and--getting pulled aside. By someone. I couldn't remember who, but not one of the other kids I'd been forced to rely--

Oh, shiz. How long was I messed up, anyway? Reliving. Mind on repeat. Some weird induced Clockwork Orange shiz.

I reached up and touched my neck. Smooth, 'cept for stray stubble. Okay, so that wasn't it.

I blinked, still looking at the white ceiling. I was assuming no one realized I was back to Kansas, so it might be a good idea to get up--

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and let my socked feet hit the wooden floor. I shiver. Cold. Such a relief.

Unfortunately, when I stand up my whole body acts rather like a house of cards that's, ya know, collapsing. I can't even move my arms quick enough to break my fall. I just hit the ground, chin, chest, and knees first--loudly.

((This'll work?^ Him being in a fit-like state for the time lost, thinking he's in his burning house--induced by some drug cocktail or something left shady so details don't have to be supplied? Something.

--Anyway, thank you sylverdawn! :) ))
My SPD senses are tingling.

32 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:44 pm
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Jameston

Suddenly I felt sick. I could barely get up. Isis was at my side, her face upset. I coughed and asked, "What's happening to me?"
Isis answered, "I don't know. You look awful."
I said sickly, "Get Nila. Tell her I need her. I think I'm sick." I tried to get up, but instead of getting on my feet I colllapsed on the floor. My strength was slowly but painfully leaving me. As I watched Isis run to fetch Nila, I felt faint. I couldn't be dying already. It wasn't my time to die. I was too young to die.
A voice said, "I can save you the pain, young Topaz." The voice was male, too evil to be my father.
I groaned, "If I am to die, I want Nila to be the last thing I see."
The voice soothed, "Contrary, young Topaz. You're not dying, just losing power. It's only temporary. I could make it come back earlier than scheduled, if you join my coven."
I knew the offer was tempting, but I rather died fighting to keep my freedom than become a Son of Morgana. I hissed, "I'll never join you. I rather die than turn against my brothers and sisters."

~~~Les Miserables

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman