z

Young Writers Society

Heiur (Accepting)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:02 pm
kjr5horses says...

Information~
Have fun with this! You can have abilities (like magic) but you cannot have unlimited power. One ability per character. If your character is a Cyth, (described below) it cannot have an ability. Animals and character pets count as characters. (No talking animals or trees!)

Rules~ Anyone who violates these rules will be cut from the storybook and their character will be...killed...

1. The most characters you can have at once is 3, if you want to have 1 then that is fine just don't go over 3!
2. You may kill off another character only if the characters owner has NOT posted in 7 days! Or if both characters are yours then you can do whatever you want with them.
3. All posts must be at least 2 paragraphs long!
4. No language.
5. There can be some romance but please do NOT get vivid!
6. No Werewolves, Vampires, or Zombies!

Character Profile~

Name~
Age~
Ability~
Back story~
Other~

Your character can be either Human or Cyth, Cyth look like humans but can only die if their heads are cut off but they can still feel pain. If you wish you can give the characters whole back story...but if you only want to give a little bit away at a time then that's fine :D

Also, there are two bad guys one belongs to kjr5horses the other belongs to freewritersavvy , if you want to be "bad" then PM one of us! We are always in the market for evil henchmen! Just let us know!

Time Period~ Medieval Time period, no guns etc...

Plot~ Survive! That's it, how long can you live in Heiur?

Have fun! And let your fingers loose!!!
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

31 Reviews

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:33 pm
kjr5horses says...

Name~Nazar
Age~38
Ability~Healing
Back story~ You will find out....
Other~Powerful, dark brown almost black hair, white eyes, is knowledgeable in communication skills, he is evil..(think about it)

Name~Maldwyn
Age~ 19
Ability~Telekinesis
Back story~ You will find out....
Other~ Blonde hair, blue eyes, tall, mysterious....Nazar's nemesis, he is one of the few who have ever escaped his dungeons alive...

Name~Keshi
Age~18
Ability~Water
Back story~ You will find out...
Other~ Nazar's daughter...

Those are my Characters!
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 pm
freewritersavvy says...

My characters are in the spoilers.
Spoiler! :
Character Profile~ Character 1

Name~Zevach
Age~21
Ability~Mind control, or control over others minds.
Back story~I will tell as I go.
Other~ Male human, evil, has an interesting version of entertainment, black hair, eye color shifts with mood.

Spoiler! :
Character Profile~ Character 2

Name~Lira
Age~17
Ability~Teleportation
Back story~I will tell as I go.
Other~ Female human, unsure of what side she is on, thief, brown hair, brown eyes, loner.

Spoiler! :
Character Profile~ Character 3

Name~Diran
Age~Unknown
Ability~Cyth
Back story~Unknown
Other~Black hair, black eyes.

Never done this before so if I mess up, pm me okay?
http://www.isiseiyr.com
~When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. ~ George Carver

Writing...they claim it is a dangerous occupation... 'they' have no idea!

31 Reviews

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:09 am
kjr5horses says...

Here we go! Feel free to jump in at any time! Everyone and anyone is welcome!

Nazar stared at the man he was working on, he was proving difficult to break. The young man was breathing heavily, a mixture of sweat and blood smeared his face and fair hair. This man was the sole reason the rebellion had showed up. He was what they called “The Chosen One”, the one that would overcome the tyranny in Heiur, the man who would bring peace.

Ha! Peace! Let’s see him bring peace now!

He picked up a small object from the table, and walked up to the man, “Why?”

Nazar laughed darkly, “Why? Because you are Maldwyn, the Chosen One, the one that is to bring peace!”

Maldwyn looked up at Nazar, his eyes filled with hate, he did not choose to be the Chosen One, in fact he was nothing special even his ability was not all too special.

Okay so I am the first in my generation to have telekinesis abilities, what is so special about that?

Nazar pressed the small object into the man’s side, a agonizing pain surged up his spine and flowed throughout his whole body. Nazar left the wicked object do its work , after a few moments he pulled it out of Maldwyn.

The pain was still there but was less intense, Maldwyn fell to his knees but the chains caught him breaking one of his wrists and dislocating the other.

Nazar placed the object down and knelt down looking into Maldwyn’s eyes, “I will be back shortly, I expect you to speak of the things I asked by the time I return.” With that Nazar left, Maldwyn leaned against the wall for support.
What now?

(---)

Keshi quickly walked down the many halls of her father’s dungeon, making her way towards the cell that the Chosen One was being held. She was against her father and had never been on his side, the rebels had recruited her early on. She reached the torture chamber, hurriedly picking the lock.

The site that welcomed her made her sick! The young man, the Chosen One, was leaning against the wall trying to support himself. His blood stained his clothing and collected beneath him creating a pool of blood. He looked up watching her approach.

“Ah come to entertain your guest?” He said cockily, wincing from the pain.

She smiled, he had a sense of humor, obviously her father had not yet broken him. “What is your name?”

He smiled, “Maldwyn.” He answered.

She nodded, and walked toward him picking the locks that kept the chains from coming loose. Keshi helped him up, supporting half of his weight.

“What is your name?” Maldwyn asked as they made their way deeper into the dungeon.

“Keshi. Quit dragging your feet!” She said tripping over the uneven floor.

She is Nazar’s daughter!

“Where are we going?” He asked, trying to support more of his own weight.

“We are getting you back to the rebellion.” She replied quickening her pace, the footfalls of Nazar’s soldiers filled the halls.

90 Reviews

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:51 pm
View Likes
freewritersavvy says...

Lira teleported into Nazar's castle.

Lira was a thief for hire and she had been hired by the rebellion to steal a Message book from Nazar. Nazar used these books to keep contact with his many generals and servants. It was simple, write in the books with blood and the words appeared in every Message book.

Lira quickly walked through the passageway. She remembered the map she had been shown.

Two doors down...

Finding the proper door she pushed it open...
~When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. ~ George Carver

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:20 am
charcoalspacewolfman says...

So here are some characters. I hate to say they're recycled, but they kind of are, since I'm already doing a story with them.

Name: Peter
Ability: Berzerker.
Backstory: I don't know yet.
Other: Tends to be very protective and impulsive.

Name: Annie
Ability: Animator.
Backstory: She was kidnapped by gypsies at three, anything else I don't know.
Other: Peter's little sister, loves yarrow, enjoys sleeping under willow trees, asks lots of questions.

Name: Liza (or Miss Liza, depending on who is addressing her)
Ability: Gardener.
Backstory: Unknown
Other: Kinda standoffish and distrustful.

Hopefully everything is in order...
HMS Tragedy?! We should-we should have known!!!

90 Reviews

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:18 pm
freewritersavvy says...

Charcoalspacewolfman....psst, you can jump in anywhere. Jut jump in...make it interesting....make it fun...make it dark...just start...

86 Reviews

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Rydih was bored. He'd gotten guard duty for the night shift and it was raining outside. He was cold, miserable and the fried eel he had eaten for dinner wasn't setting well. Then he heard a knock on the castle gates and he revived briefly.
"Halt! Who goes there?" Rydih bellowed in as intimidating a voice as he could muster whilst shivering from cold.
"Border patrol. We have an unauthorized traveler here that we found camping by the side of the road." Came the reply.
"Bring him in, let's see what you've got."
The gate was unlocked and five burly officers dragged in what resembled a sopping wet limp rag doll. Upon closer inspection, it was discovered that this destitute figure was indeed a man. He was dressed like a peasant, and his hair was long and unruly. He had been securely fitted with heavy manacles and chains, making it difficult for him to walk very quickly.
"What is your name?" Asked Rydih.
The prisoner remained silent, looking at the ground.
One of the border officers hit him with a cudgel, knocking him into the dirt. "The man asked a question!"
The prisoner lay in the mud for a few seconds, then tried to rise. Rydih kicked him onto his back and thrust a pike in his face. "Answer me, rag man!"
Lightning flashed and thunder rent the air. The prisoner spoke, "My name..." he paused, "...is actually not going to be of any use to you when you're dead."
Everyone laughed. Prisoners were seldom this funny, but it was always a treat when they thought they could take on castle guards or border officers. Lightning flashed again and this time Rydih was looking at the prisoner's face.
His eyes were glowing. Crackling, in fact, with a strange, crooked light that ringed his irises like blue flame. That was the last thing he saw before he died.
The prisoner stood and veins began twisting and writhing beneath his skin. The manacles on his ankles were the first to pop off, then the ones on his wrists. He grabbed the pike from Rydih's weak grasp, turned it around and thrust it back at him. The prisoner proceeded to grab two border officers, snap their necks and use them as clubs against their comrades.
When he was through, and he'd made certain that none of the guards were still alive, his veins subsided and he fell to his knees. After about five minutes, his headache was gone and he was able to stand and view the wreckage. He tried not to dwell on it and, as he'd been instructed, opened the gate and waited for his companions.
He didn't have to wait long.

90 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:27 am
freewritersavvy says...

Diran stood in the rain watching the battle. When it was over he smiled. Lord Zevach would be interested in the identity of this stranger. Lord Zevach was interested in anyone with exceptional killing abilities.
Ducking out of the rain, he reentered the castle.
This castle was not Lord Zevach's main fortress but rather a small outpost on the Northern road. Diran had been sent out here to the middle nowhere to deal with a rebellion problem. His work was done and he was ready to go home.

90 Reviews

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:36 pm
freewritersavvy says...

Zevach waited impatiently in Nazar's throne room. He had come a long way to see Nazar and the man had the audacity to keep him waiting.

31 Reviews

Sun May 01, 2011 4:41 am
kjr5horses says...

Nazar entered the throne room he stopped seeing Zevach standing in the middle of the grand room, he looked annoyed.
I am not in the mood for this! The Chosen One is in a torture chamber and I have to attend to this?
"What is it Zevach?" He said, his voice cold.
Last edited by kjr5horses on Sun May 01, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

90 Reviews

Sun May 01, 2011 7:30 pm
freewritersavvy says...

Zevach looked at Nazar a small smile coming to his face as he heard the mans thoughts.
"So you caught the chosen one, how interesting." He paused. "Were you planning on sharing that information or keeping it to yourself?"
Last edited by freewritersavvy on Sun May 15, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

31 Reviews

Sun May 01, 2011 7:51 pm
kjr5horses says...

Nazar watched the young man, he never had liked him. His mind reading capabilities were a nuisance.
"I have only just captured him, you would have found out soon enough." Nazar paused, "Are you going to answer my question?"

90 Reviews

Sun May 01, 2011 9:01 pm
freewritersavvy says...

Zevach tried again to read Nazar's mind. Nazar had emptied his mind making it impossible. Zevach smiled, "I just received word, by Messenger book, that the rebellion uprising at the southern border has been eliminated. There has also been another interesting development. Diran reported that he witnessed a..." Zevach stopped his expression changing as he heard an out of place thought.

That book has to be around here somewhere! If I don't come back with the book the rebellion will not believe that I am loyal to their cause.

"You have an uninvited guest in your castle, Nazar." Zevach smiled slightly. "A rebellion thief to be exact."

86 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2011 3:44 am
View Likes

Liza was having a difficult time getting Annie to stay focused on the task at hand; she kept noticing odd things in the dark, like bent reeds and animal skeletons and whatever else caught her eye.
"Look!" She said at one point, "Tin soldiers!"
"Annie, Peter is waiting for us." Liza said, exasperated, "If we don't get to the outpost we won't get the beer stein we're looking for."
"What's so great about the beer stein?"
"I don't know, but the man with the creepy black eyes told us to go get it."
"Oh, you mean Mr. Murgatroyde?"
"Yes. Murgatryode."
"He's um, that thing you said, isn't he?"
"Clairvoyant, yes. He sees the future."
"That sounds fun."
There were a few moments of blessed silence and Liza futilely hoped that Annie wouldn't get distracted again until they reached the outpost.
"Miss Liza?"
"Yes?"
"Can you grow plants without seeds?"
"Yes, but they come up strange and die pretty quickly."
"Do they ever bear fruit? Like peaches?"
"I've never tried."
"You should. Peaches are good."
The conversation ended then because they were at the castle. Peter was waiting at the doors expectantly as they strode in.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato