z

Young Writers Society

Return to Wonderland *Not accepting anymore Descendants*

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Mon May 30, 2011 4:15 pm
megsug says...

No one's posted for a while, but I really like this SB so here it goes. It may be a bit random... Sorry it's kind of focused on my character. I'm not sure what to do.

Issac

I paused at the queen, ignoring the impatient huff of the Chesire Cat. The Angel's words, telling me I'd have to complete what I'd come to do, echoed in my mind. "I apologize for hating your world and you cause..." I sighed at her confused, almost hurt, look. "I'll do my best now." I don't know why I told her that. I suppose I found it oddly noble. I think I heard Isabel, really, telling me to reassure the worried woman. "To be completely honest," I said softly, "I think we have a pretty good chance."
She smiled and patted my shoulder. "Yes. That's what Chesire here was just saying." She glanced at my hand and winked. "Alice in Wonderland isn't completely fiction. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Us Underlanders like to be talked about." She waved her hand in the air, and two butterflies appeared, carrying what looked like a quill.
"I don't-"
She lifted her hand to stop my objections. "Your pen, which isn't used in Underland, will run out of ink. This quill will not. It will take some practice, but I see you write." She produced a small bound book. "So you'll have proper parchment. If you run out of pages, flip it upside down. Record us and this battle well, brave descendant. Your work is the window for your people to see us." She laughed softly. "I think we're all impatient. Continue, dear."
Celestria followed me and then the Chesire Cat who was apparently joining our journey.
Duper smiled up at me. "Isabel would be proud of you."
Nodding, I smiled. "I'm writing this for her, you know."
"As long as you're staying."
I looked up at the sky that was already darkening with the rule of night. "When do we rest?"
"Probably when we lose sight of the castle. If not, then when Raven says something."
"Raven's good?" I asked softly, worrying for my life, mainly.
"The best. She knows what she's doing, Issac. We'll be fine."
"Then we'd best get this over with," I muttered.
Test

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault