z

Young Writers Society

House of Murder

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:40 am
WritersUnleashed says...

I may join tomorrow. Don't have time today.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:45 am
DelanieHeart says...

Yes, yes! Post on this wonderful storybook, Unun. Post, my precccious ^.^

Writing is a haven. Writing is a solitude. Writing is a passion.

-- Delanie Heart

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:25 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Alright, I've been giving this lots of thought and I've decided to start this two weeks early. This Saturday, the 12th. But only if we get another guy. Thanks(:
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:20 am
Dragonette says...

Oh, I can do a guy if you want. And I can try to do a orphan owner, if you want me to. But no anime?! *pouts* Dude, that's like taking away my character *sighs* I'll try to find another picture.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

Name/Child number: Piper #13

description/picture:Piper is tall and skinny. She has long blonde hair that she usually keeps back in a ponytail. She usually wears a black tank top, jeans, and a black hoodie.
Spoiler! :

likes: Piper likes dancing and drawing anime. She also loves music. And shes always had a strange fettish for fire.

dilikes: Piper doesn't like divas, peppy people, or symbols of athority.

skills: Piper is good at hiding, climbing, and of course, dancing and drawing.

weaknesses: Piper is stubborn and suffers from insomnia. She also is quite defiant in the face of athority.

history: Piper's parents were killed when she was seven. She was sent to live with her cruel uncle. Because of this, she had to grow up quickly. When she was ten, her uncle died of a heart condition. When she woke up that morning, the police had been called in. She had tried to run so she could stay out of foster care, but one of the police officers thought she was a burgaler and shot at her. The bullet grazed the nape of her neck and she still has a scar there. For the next five years, she was bounced around the legal system until finally landing in the orphanage.

personality: Piper is usually a loner, due to her not growing up with many friends. She doesn't have much regard for the rules because they remind her of her cruel late uncle. Piper never complains, because she believes that it will get her nowhere. She is also not rude because she would rather not make enemies. Then again, she doesn't talk much anyway.

up for love?: Sure, why not

other: Piper's only possestions are a camoflauge backpack that holds her iPod, earbuds, a swiss army knife that she stole from her uncle before the police caught her, and an assortment of pens and pencils.
Spoiler! :
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by BrooklynWriter on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

116 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:04 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Dragon-for you, I'll allow anime ;) I think your SBer skills will make up for it(: thanks!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Reviews: 3
Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 am
MyStoryline says...

name/child number: #26 - Shawn Lellan

description/picture: Shawn has dirty blonde hair with natural streaks of blonde that is usually in a mohawk style unless hes just to tired to do it, in that case it's a little longer than most guys' hair. He has earthy green eyes and he has super long eyelashes. He has a fair skintone, stands at five feet nine inches, and is a pretty average weight. He is rather muscular, especially in his arms and abs. He is always wearing black, white, or gray shirts. He also tends to wear either his black leather jacket or more commonly a scarf or maybe even both, but he'll probably just have a scarf on. His fingers healed a little bit crooked, so they appear crooked when you look at them rather than straight.

likes: Shawn loves music. He can play most intrusments, but he especially loves to play the piano. He is also a great singer and he loves doing it. You'll often find Shawn playing the piano and singing, not even caring whether people hear or not. Shawn also loves to be around people. He also loves to teach people how to play an instrument (especially piano). And Shawn mostly plays music that represets his emotion, so it's easy to tell what he's feeling.

dilikes: Shawn hates it when people put others down, he hates it when people think they are superior to everyone, and he's not a fan of

skills: He's a fantastic mucision and an incredible singer. He's also pretty good at writing his own music and lyrics.

weaknesses: Shawn has a bad habit of just spacing out when he is playing music. The music just envelopes him and he usually ends up forgetting that he's playing, so he gets kind of a glazed look in his eyes and just plays from his heart. He also has a bad habit of flitting his fingers around like he is playing the piano

history: Shawn doesn't remember much, but he remembers the last day with his mother. When Shawn was thirteen, he was sitting at the piano, working out a song he had heard on T.V earlier that day. His stepfather had been drinking, as usual, and he was getting annoyed with Shawn because he never played sports and he was always was playing his piano. Shawn's stepfather began to yell at him, and when Shawn just ignored him, he yelled louder and tore Shawn from his spot on the bench. Shawn can't remember what he said, but as soon as he said it, he broke Shawn's wrists and fingers. At the sound of Shawn's screaming, his mother ran from whatever room she was in, yelling at his stepfather about "How dare he hurt her baby." She was pushing his stepfather away from Shawn, yelling at him. Angry, Shawn's stepfather pushed his mother across the room and she banged her head against the wall, cracking it open. Shawn's mother didn't make it, and his stepdad was put in jail. Shawn was then sent here.

personality: Shawn is likely to talk about music, because he's such a fanatic about it. Shawn isn't really a smiley person, but he usually is pretty happy. Ever since he witnessed his mother's death, he always speaks in a pretty monotone voice unless he really knows you. He's afraid of being hurt again, so he isn't quick to trust, but he is always quick to protect because he wishes he could have with his mother.

up for love?: yes

other: He had his piano shipped here. Yeah, it's weird, but he refused to go anywhere without it because his mother was the one to teach him. Other than that, he has clothes, his ipod, and a whole bunch of books full of music.
Last edited by MyStoryline on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

30 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:17 am
Dragonette says...

Kay, thanks Sakin :D I'll have a profile for a guy and a maybe an owner up in a little while (my sister is kicking me off the computer :P)

30 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:39 am
Dragonette says...

Ok, here's my guy, just like I promised! I'll try to get an orphanage owner in there somewhere by Saturday but no promises.

Name/Number: Dey *pronounce Day* Smitt. 64

Description/Picture: Spikey brown hair, thin build, average height and green/blue eyes. Normally seen in a leather jacket, marker drawings (that look like tattoos) all over his body, a leather necklace that he NEVER takes off, and a pierced ear.
Spoiler! :

Likes: Green, as in the economical symbol; he's all about saving the planet and stuff like that. Drawing, mostly with markers and spray paint. Tattoos (although he doesn't have one, but he wishes he did and he draws on himself with sharpies to pretend that he does).

Dilikes: Adults or anyone in charge or who is superior. Littering.

Skills:
Fighting (like fist fighting). Basketball, he would probably be a starter on some high team if you hadn't gotten kicked out of every school he went to. Ignoring people. Getting on people's nerves.

Weaknesses: Because he has never been in school long enough to learn something, he's very...unintelligent about those sort of things; like booksmart: Math, English, Science, History, basically everything. He even has some trouble reading, but he can read (which is a miracle).

History:
He's been in an orphanage or foster home ever since the age of 5. He doesn't remember much about his parents and he doesn't care; honestly he doesn't remember most of his life before he became an orphan. He's been to six different orphanages and seven foster homes and too many schools to even try to count. Obviously, he gets kicked out a LOT, but doesn't mind, actually he makes it a goal of his, and even keeps a chart of his shortest time in living in one place (his records are 18 hours in a foster home, half a semester in a school, and 13 months in an orphanage). He's known for spray painting privet property (even inside buildings), doing nasty pranks (he doesn't necessary hurt the people but he makes them pretty miserable), running away, and simply being such a nuisance to his "guardians" or authorities that they can't stand it.

Personality: Dey's got an attitude. He will NOT do what he's told, and he can annoy people to tears. But understand that this is only people that he doesn't like, such as teachers, people in authority, people that he has a special grudges against, and especially the orphanage owners. But to everyone else, like most of the orphanage kids, he can be really sweet, and maybe even helpful.
But, like I said, he's got an attitude, get on his bad side and you will see a stubborn, disobedient, hard-to-get-along-with kind of kid (and most likely a snake in your bed).
The funny thing is that Dey has a weakness for nature, he believes in global warming and keeping the Earth healthy, and hates littering.

Up for love?: Yep. :)

Other: Nothing much.
Last edited by Dragonette on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:07 am
WritersUnleashed says...

Your getting a guy

I'll add more when I come up with more.

name/child number: Stepheno ; 19

description/picture: Long black hair, grows out in a mullet. 6 feet tall. Long bony fingers. Very skiny, so much so that his is almost in the unhealthy lower BMI range.

likes: He loves running. Stepheno could run around for days and never stop. He olso loves talking. He can hold conversations for hours. You know he is in a bad mood when he isn't talking.

dilikes: He really only dislikes people who are the opposite of him. He dislikes people who are shy because he does not get the reason why they do not talk. Also, if they won't take a run, or prefer a slow pace, he thinks that they are sackers.

skills: He is really good at running. I put in a marathon, he would probably win with time to spare. He is also a very skilled speaker. He can probably talk his way out of anything.

weaknesses: His worst habit is that he will get too caught up in what he is saying. He sometimes hurts people or makes his point unclear.

history: He was found by the orphanige at the age of 3. He was already running around at that age and could not stop talking, much to the despair of the orphanige. He grew up being known as the running talker, for his crazy addiction to speed and speach.

personality: Most of the time, Stepheno is very nice. He actually is usually giving compliments. However, if someone is making him mad, those compliments will quicklt turn to insults. He has a very small temper, but is now supstituted usually with running.

up for love?: Totally

other: Always keeps a cross on his neck and a green rink on his index finger.

116 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Thanks guys!! You're all so awesome that we're going to start today! But remember, more characters are welcome and after this point they can be younger :D
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:37 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

The DT. All side conversations about the SB go here. topic77430.html
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:41 pm
Camulaeus says...

Banksy

There's nothing quite like the sensation of accomplishment that comes with completing one of my pieces of art. Imagine you just found a huge flaw in history, and showed it to a million people. That's how I felt after I had finished my spray-painting. I looked up at the fat caricature of the border patroller, as he chased comically after a pair of Hispanic teens hopping over a metal fence named U.S border. Unfortunately, the rest of the world didn't appreciate my art as much as I did. I still remembered how pissed Malinda had gotten after I had painted that picture of Sarah Palin giving babies marked "Tea party sign creators" crayons over the hall of the orphanage.

"Hey Michael Angelo, are you gonna join in any time soon?" I heard Ashton call. She and her ridiculous escape plans. Lately with all the disappearances she had been getting more and more concerned about all our safety. Which I guess would be understandable if she was my mother and not a kid just a few months earlier than me.

"Coming Mother" I replied in a fake British Accent. Ashton rolled her eyes and turned back to the huddled group of figures. I put my spray paint back into it's hiding spot by the bushes that dotted the sparse area of the Orphanage's yard. As I came closer to the circle I noticed Ashton talking with some other people, but I couldn't make out who they were. I wonder who they are?
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

116 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:22 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ashton~

Banksy joined us just as I was going over the list of teens who had disappeared this week. We were huddled in the orphanage yard, not looking at all suspicious.

"The funny thing is," I said in a hushed voice. "Every one of them were 18, as were all of the other teens." I hadn't really put it together before, but now that I knew, I wanted to be able to warn the older orphans. A few of them seemed scared, and I didn't blame them.

It seemed like all of us had a little fear in us at some point, wether we wanted to believe it or not. And we all knew how this was going to end. That was why I was there, to stop that future from occuring. I was getting every one of us out, even if I had to die to save them. Danger seemed to be screaming at us, laughing in our faces, and if the supervisor didn't think we would do it, she would most certianly be proven wrong.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to any of you, but I can't keep that promise. Not to all of you and not without your help. Who's in this with me?" My voice seemed to lead on that I was having a couragious moment, when the oposite effect seemed to be happening. I was scared to death, that was the only thing I felt right then.

Will

"I'm with you all the way," I said sternly. Ash was like a younger sister to me, she needed all the help she could get, and since I was turning 18 sometime in the near future, I wanted to be out of here before anything happened to me. I mean, what would Delaine do without me? A smile spread accross my face with that thought.

I almost forgot, for a split second, where I was when I closed my eyes. The wind was blowing and the squirrils on the other side of the fence were sqeaking--the birds were chirping animatidly. I could faintly hear water in the distance, but I might have just been crazy. The younger orphans were playing on the other side of the orphanage, laughing freely.

But like I said, almost, but not quite. How could anyone forget the memories of a terrible place like this? With a sigh, I brought myself back into what Ash was saying--something about what they might be doing.

(If you haven't looked at the first post anytime soon, go check it out. I added pictures and a Supervisor)
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:19 am
fictionfanatic says...

Jewel:

I ran my hand over the guitar picks as I looked at my reflection in the mirror one last time. Satisfied about how healthy I appeared and also how it looked how I didn't appear to be wearing much makeup, I threw all of the foundations, creams, powders, and other things to keep me looking normal into my makeup bag.

Going back into the room we all shared, and threw it under my bottom bunk.

Pushing my thick curls away from my face, I headed downstairs. I saw Ash, Will, and Bansky sitting around. Smiling, I skipped over to them and sat beside them, a smile on my face until I heard what they were talking about, then my smile turned into a frown.

Clutching my necklace until the picks cut into my hand, I said, "You guys don't need to worry about this." I hugged my knees to my chest and whispered, "You don't need to worry about this. I'm figuring this out, I'm making a plan. No one else is going to go missing. No one else. I'll take care of it."

"Jewel-" Will started.

But I turned to him, tears starting to roll down my cheeks as I said, "I'm next you guys. I'm next. My birthday is the next to come up and I'm turning eighteen."

I attempted to wipe the tears from my face, but more just spilled over, and I didn't realized at the moment that as I wiped the tears away I was wiping the foundation away, and I said, "I'm the next to go, and I'm completely okay with that just so long as I know no one else is coming in behind me."

Will was quiet for a moment, but then said, "Okay, what's your plan then?"

I was quiet for a minute, but then I choked out, "I'm not exactly sure yet."

Koda:

I saw Jewel hugging her knees and muttering to the group of people that she was coming up with a plan and that her birthday was next.

Oh crap, it is. It semmed like such a short time since the last person had disappeared.

Striding over to the group, I placed my hand over Jewel's, hoping she didn't mind that they were covered in graphite, and I looked around at the others.

"I'm in. I'm going to help out - I can't stand to see anyone else turn up missing."

*hope this is okay*
Live, Love, Laugh

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil