z

Young Writers Society

Academy for Young Demons (Dead | Full)

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:13 pm
Theodorable says...

Aurris

Carrying her panther cubs in her arms and dragging her luggage behind her, Aurris struggled to get to her dorm room. When she had finally found it, she sighed in relief.

Putting Jinx down she managed to get the door open and stepped into a small living/kitchenette area. Aurris looked around and then headed to the door on the far end. Moving into the bedroom, Aurris set Jinx and Luna down on the bed that didn't have anything on it and said, "Stay here, guys."

Rubbing their heads and then proceeding to unpack her things. Opening her last trunk, she smiled and picked up her scrapbook. It was worn and had tear stains on the cover from where she had held it to comfort her through the night. She lifted the cover and looked, with tears in her eyes, at the smiling face that would no longer be able to smile.

She closed the cover back and slid the book into her top drawer, underneath her clothes. Although she held it dear to her heart, she didn't want anyone else to know about it. And this was a new place with new people, she wanted a fresh start, here was her chance to have one.

Turning to the cubs, Aurris walked over to them, laughing as they wrestled with each other. She picked Luna up and turned her to look into her bright blue eyes, "You are just silly."

Luna just opened her maw and let out a weak growl. Aurris laughed again and stood up, Jinx recovered from Luna pinning him and jumped off the bed and followed Aurris to the living area. Curling into a ball on the tiny sitting area that you could barely call a couch. Aurris sat beside him and looked at both of them, "Looks like we'll just wait here for our roomie."

The door was still open, and Aurris had no worries about anyone attacking her. So she settled into the couch and watched the cubs play with each other.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:22 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Camden~

Camden was watching TV when he heard someone enter the room. He got up and prepared himself to meet his new roommate. First impressions were always key. Again he close his eyes and in a instant he stood in front of a boy about his age with dark black hair and equally depressing clothing.

"Looks like we get stuck with one of those emo types. Always have to wear black just because they're a demon. How predictable and uninspired," a voice said behind the boys head.

The boy swiveled around to see a red haired girl wearing jeans and a yellow shirt standing by the door. Camden smiled at her or rather he smiled at himself as it was a duplication of himself in the form of his mother.

"Be nice. He can't help he has no imagination. Most demons don't," Camden said flopping on his bed.

The other version of himself crossed the room and wrapped arm around the boy. "Skinny as rail too. She got up close so their faces were inches apart." "He's kind of cute I suppose. Nice eyes." Before the boy could react she let go of him and sat next to Camden.

Camden spoke. "You can call me Camden and call her Cam so as to not confuse yourself."

"Oh, he has a kitty," Cam said eying the cat with a smile. "And it's black. It's like he went to a store called Demon R Us."
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:07 am
jessig833 says...

Keene

"I do have an imagination!!!" I protested glaring at the red headed girl.

"Sure you do" she said with a grin.

"I do. I just choose to wear dark colors" I said

"Look camden he's turning red" she said laughing.

"So which one of you is my roommate." I asked not really caring.

The boy called camden was the one that answered. "We both are"

"But I was surpose to have only one roommate not two."

"Calm down. You only have one roommate Cam is just a duplicate. Im Camden" he said reaching out his hand. "Nice to meet you Im Keene and this is kasha. At her name kasha walked over to me and stoped at my feet hissing as she walked passed the red head.

"Well, this might be a fun year yet" cam said.
"So can we go get some lunch Im starved she added walking to the door."Sure" camden said following her out. He stoped at the door "So are you coming?" He asked before exiting the room

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:33 pm
Sunshine says...

Lia Lavaner

I looked up at the man known as Zaire and smile. I was good to finally meet someone.

"What kind of demon are you Zaire?"

"Alp. Yourself?"

I racked my brain, trying to remember what an Alp was so I wouldn't have to be rude and ask. A demon specialized in nightmares. That's it.

"Puck."

Zaire raises an eyebrow. It was understanable. Puck's didn't often come down in Hell. To cold, no trees. It seemed alright to me, though.

"Cool. What brings you to Hell?"

I smile, looking him over. He was handsome, with incredibly blue eyes and dark hair. I'd always loved that.

"Lots of things. The fresh air, bright blue skies. A second home, really."

I stop there, hoping I didn't sound like an idiot. I was a Puck after all. Sadly the only thing we interact with were other pucks. Not including any pranks, that is.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:22 pm
Synnoev says...

Zaire

Here for the fresh air and blue skies? I hid my disbelief at this statement, silently thinking that there were probably better places to go if she just wanted to be in a clean environment... Nevertheless, I returned her smile and gave a small laugh. "I just wanted to improve, really. It's not generally considered acceptable to mess around with people's dreams all the time in the outside world... not many people are willing to offer themselves up for practise." I shrugged wryly.

She smiled back again, then her gaze strayed behind me, catching upon something. "Is that person going into your room?" she queried, and I turned to see where she was pointing to. Sure enough, there was a girl unlocking the door, two panther cubs scrambling around in her arms and a large luggage case trailing behind her. I watched for a moment, deciding she could probably use a few minutes to settle into the dorm, then turned back to Lia.

"So... a Puck, hmm? I'm guessing you'll be the troublemaker then... " I teased, a slight smirk on my face.

She scowled in mock annoyance, then laughed, flicking her hair absently. "Maybe just a little." she agreed after a moment. "But what's life without a bit of fun?"

A comfortable laughter filled the air for a moment, only broken by my question. "Shall we go and see my new roommate?"

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:10 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Mishta: Room 2:

"Hey, Mish.. would you mind doing a small favor for me?" Mimi cast a glance up at the guy with the birght red hair, sucking in air as she noticed his wings. Seriously? they had stuck her with a fallen angel? What was his name again? Reidch? Rolling her eyes, she shrugged. She turned her gaze back down to her book, becoing once again asorbed into its abysis. A noise caught her attention, irritating her. They guy, whatever his name was, had stood up, stretching his wings again. Too bad they werent sparkly. Valkyrie loved sparkly stuff. Except for Mimi. She had never had that problem. I wonder if he knows I am Valkyrie.

He was looking at her, and she groaned, looking at him.

"What?" she snapped, wating to get back to her book. Her irritated mood was visable outside, where the once sunny day had turned a deep silver and theatening rain. He smiled at her and the clouds open, pouring down as he irritation turned to frustration. She hardly ever got angry since it tended to cause really bad storms. God help him if he aked her something stupid.

Calm Prysicha.. Mimi jumped. Turning her gaze away frm the guy, she held up her hand as he was about to speak. Hegaze trned to the window, where she saw, Sebastion, her wolf. On the outside, he looked like a wolf, but in all honesty, he was once human, cursed by a witch to live a lone wolf. Mimi had found him a few decades ago and their connection had lit fires. Literally. He must have sensed her anger, since he came strolling into the yard, and entered the door. Mimi sighed and got up, going to the door to let him in. He sent her a wolfish grin, and she laughed, jumping on the bed and patting the spot beside her. He jumped up and laid his big head on her lap, his golden eyes burning as they looked up at her. He still had that wolfish grin. She had vowed she would find a way to free him from his curse.

Dear Sebastion, what would I do without you? she thought, and he snorted, rolling his eyes. A throat being cleared reminded her of her other roomate, so she turned her attention to him. He made a waving motion at Sebastion and smiled. Scratching his head, he said to her, "So...um...about that favor?"
"Hello, is this thing on?"

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:27 pm
Camulaeus says...

"So...um...about that favor?" Mimi asked. She was definitely a Valkyrie, I was pretty sure that she had controlled the weather just then. She was also fond of that wolf thing, definitely and opportunity for pranking/revenge right there. I flashed her a smile and used my wings to gently lift up the radio from my hammock and toss it over to her bed.

"Mind zapping that up for me?" I asked with a smile. In the corner's of my mind dark things whispered to me about how tacky her outfit was (she probably hadn't opened a Vogue in weeks, maybe months), and how Vive Pro from Loreal Paris would really help her hair out, but these thoughts were repelled. That sort of thinking just led to trouble.

Mimi turned the radio over in her hands. "Sure" she replied while prying open the battery casing. "Just be careful afterwards" she touched the batteries with a single finger, and a spark of blue leapt from her hand and into my radio. Maybe there were some advantages to bunking with a human power-outlet. She tossed the radio back and I used my wing to catch it. This turned out to be a wise choice for as soon as it made contact I felt like somebody had dunked me in water and tazed me.

I used my wing tip to toss the radio over to my hammock, where it rocked back and forth, looking innocent. Mishta smiled.

"I warned you!" she said, then returned to playing with her wolf. That thing was definitely getting red and green polka dots.

I returned to my bed and carefully moved the radio back over to my dresser and instead brought out my phone. Great, no bars This place had more pro's and con's than a 3-hour long debate. I figured I might as well get to know my roommate a little better; to figure out if she was going to make this place hell, or just bearable.

"So Mimi, what brings you to hell?"
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:39 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Rasui | Dorm Room 7:

I stared at girl, eyes flickering to the flames in her hand. "What kind of Demon are you?" I blurted out without thinking. Daria flinched. I hugged my little, blue bottle tighter. The dog-fox-thing slept on my lap, snoring slightly. glanced down at it.

She hesitated, staring at me. "Er, Pari," she muttered. "Why? Never seen one of us before?" She shot me a glare--one that I ignored in favour of staring at the TV again.

"Nothing," I mumbled, feeling stupid. "It's nothing... Ignore it." I wanted to scream. How had she managed to break my mask so quickly? Damnit! Damnit all to Hell! Oh, wait. We were already in Hell! I was stupid, an idiot. Of course she'd be all defensive. I cleared my throat, not looking at her, and muttered, "I'm a Jinn...so, can you, uh, not touch my lamp?" I hesitated, then added, "please?"

Catrina Sullivan | Dorm Room 4:

I knew as soon as I entered the room that the girl sitting on the bed was scared of me. I frowned, raking my gaze over her. Dark, messy hair pulled back into a ponytail and a book resting open on her knees. This was my room and that was my roomamte? I groaned. "Great," I muttered, more to myself than her, "they stuck me in with a bookfreak."

The girl glanced up, scowled and then went back to reading. I shook my head. Yup, wonderful. I specifically told them not to put me in with anyone! Shrugging, I walked over to what appeared to be my bed and dumped my bag no it. After a few moments of silence and no reaction from the other girl, I started unpacking.

"My name is Catrina Sullivan," I announced. As I suspected, I was ignored. "You can call me Cat, though. Now, don't freak out if you see a black cat or a whtie tiger in here. It's just me." That done, I turned and headed for the door, half-expecting the girl to speak. But she didn't. I shrugged and swept out into the hall, my ice-queen persona in place.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:57 pm
SisterItaly says...

Daria | Room 7

"Ahh, that makes sense. Don't worry, I won't." I huffed and shut the cupboard doors behind me.

We sat in silence for a while then. He seemed to be deep in thought, and I couldn't help but wonder what about. As long as he stayed out of my personal belongings and kept any of his ice/water type friends away I'd be happy.

I turned to see him staring oddly at Sparky, who had rolled onto his back and lobbed his tongue out. When sparky saw me, he hopped off and started barking... no his bark was more of a yip. He started yipping around my ankles. I picked him up and started petting him.

"Don't mind him, he's just trying to get you on his good side. Whatever you do, don't piss him off. I might like fire, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the school doesn't want the dorm on fire." I giggled.

His eyes widened, taking my warning. He was... different. That was for sure. I had met Jinn demons before, and they all seemed so cold and careless. Probably the result of being forced to do other's bidding for so long. He seemed to have a spark of nice in him. I smiled and set sparky on my bed.

"You don't talk much..." still nothing from his end. Maybe I talked too much. "Want to walk around campus or something?" I offered shyly. Shyly? This was a new twist for me.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Rasui | Dorm Room 7:

I coughed, standing up and crossing to my bed. As I put my little bottle down, I glanced towards the girl I shared my room with. Daria. Interesting name. "I..." I began and frowned. Why was I telling her this? "I don't normally see any point in talking... I.. I usually have nothing to say."

Daria studied me over her little fire-pup's head. We stared at each other for a long moment before I coughed again adn turned away, runnnig a hand through my hair and trying desperately to get my stupid mask back into place. Why? Why did she make my mask slip? No one else could do that, so why her?

"Rasui?" she asked, drawing my attention back to her.

I glanced towards her. "What?"

"Um, you didn't answer my question..."

Oh. Her question. What was it again? Oh, yes. Did I want to walk around campus? I flashed her a smile and then finally pulled my mask back into place. "Sure. As long as we lock the door when we leave... I don't want to end up...enslaved to anyone when we end up back here..."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:12 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Althea

Althea shrugged and went back to her book. As long as they didn't stick her with any type on that list she'd handed in when asking for a room, she wasn't particularly concerned. And this girl didn't particularly look like an Archdemon or a vampire-type demon, so Althea hoped she was alright.

Or so she thought. The girl came back a moment later, and started rummaging for something. Althea looked up at her. And noticed the two, very sharp, gleaming canine teeth. And as normally happens when you're stuck with your worst nightmare, she froze. And then screamed.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

The girl immediately jumped and hissed back. "What is WRONG with you?"

"You're a vampire! A VAMPIRE!" Althea shrieked at her. "I TOLD THEM NOT TO STICK ME WITH A VAMPIRE!"

"I TOLD THEM NOT TO STICK ME WITH A ROOMMATE. HAPPY?" The other girl shouted back. And they started arguing.

None of them deigned to notice the fact that the bedroom door was open.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

66 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:42 pm
SisterItaly says...

Daria

I locked the door as we went out into the hall, and not even five steps later we hear screaming. It had startled me enough that I had fluffed out my wings and jumped up to the ceiling. I swore I could hear Ras laughing at me. I wasn't laughing when I hopped down and noticed I has singed the ceiling.

"I didn't do that." I quickly covered.

"Right." he winked.

I quickly ran over to the door that the scream had come from and whipped it open. One was obviously a vampire, the other... well I wasn't sure what she was. But they were obviously arguing.

"What is going on here?" I demanded.

Ras walked in behind me, and glared at the two girls. First day on campus and these two already looked like they would be the first to go. If they kept arguing like this I would be happy for that.

"She's a vampire! I can't be roomed with a vampire!" the girl howled.

"Well I can't be roomed at all!"

They began screaming at each other back and forth. I sighed and rubbed my temples before conjuring a ball of fire in the palm of my hand and holding it between them.

"If you don't stop arguing neither of you will be living here. Got it?" I snarled.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:24 pm
MilkNCookies says...

FoxSorry for being SO late!

"Are you ready-" I began, before seeing Riro's... skin. "Dude, that's so cool!" I exclaimed.

"Really?" He asked me, clearly surprised.

"Yea." I said, regaining my small, shy, scared-girl composure again.

"Well... uh, thanks, I guess." He said, glancing down. "Now, do you know where the coffee house is?"

"I think it's by the cafeteria, next to it. But I'm not entirely sure." I replied. "Dang, I left the map they sent me back home. Do you have yours?"

"Yea, but Its inside. I'm pretty sure that you're right, anyways."

"Are you sure? But what is we run into w-wolves or something?" I asked, panic-stricken.

"We won't."

"How do you know that? What if there are Vampires that want to kill us? What if there is a teacher- I don't have my card! It's inside!" I scream.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:09 am
Sunshine says...

Lia Lavaner

"Shall we go and see my new roomate?" Zaire asks.

I shrug. "Sure."

We walk towards his dorm, Zaire in front and me hovering a bit behind on accounant of not knowing where I was going. We walk into a room with a girl sitting on the couch, petting two panther cubs. Instantly, I melt.

"There so cute!"

I was so going to make a ruin of myself here. "Cute" really shouldn't be in a demon's dictionary, but there it was, creeping up on me. Michevious AND sweet. This is gonna be one interesting year. I rush besides to the side of the panthers. And the girl, of course.

"Do you mind?" I ask the girl reaching for one of the panthers soft coat.

She smiles, looking slightly confused. "Sure."

"Thank you!" I reach out to touch one of the panther cubs, who hisses at me. He quickly warms up to me though, as I whisper to him. I look to the girl. " What are there names?"

"Jinx and Luna. I'm watching over them."

"They're truly beautiful creatures." I say, taking my hand back and watching one cub tackle another.

The girl looks at us. "So which one of you is my room mate?"

"I am." Zaire volunteers, watching the whole scene with an amused look. "Lia here and I just kinda... ran into each other."

"Rather literally." I say.

Not the best post ever, but it'll kick you guys off, I hope.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:26 am
TabbyGirl says...

Riro

I couldn’t keep my lips from making the shape associated with the “w” sound. However, I managed to refrain from adding, “Wow, and I was afraid you would think I was weird!”

Instead, I consoled her, “Fox! Calm down… don’t forget, we’re already in Hell. And, besides, I won’t let anyone hurt you.” As I said this I realized that if I did come across an unfriendly vampire or wolf they would probably serve me up as sushi if I did anything but flee for my life. “Although, I’d probably be more helpful if a shark happened to swim through the coffee shop.”

At this, Fox smiled slightly, but she still looked rather frightened.

I took a few steps forward, then tugged her hand towards me, “Come on! What’s the worse that could happen?”

She sighed, and followed me, “Okay, okay… But, Riro, what if we get lost? What if-”

“It’ll be an adventure then!” I insisted.

As we continued walking, out of the dorm, across the dead and brittle lawn towards the cafeteria, Fox still looked a tad worried. Also, her eyes kept darting around like a little wild animal’s. Of course, she might have something to fear… I thought, If a teacher catches her and she gets in trouble that would suckbut what’s the worse they can do to me? Expel me? Send me back to the gulf? I grinned at the thought. Then again… I suppose Dad could damn me to the Sahara Dessert for a few decades in punishment… I frowned, but then I was pulled back to reality…

--
(I was guessing what the campus looks like... you can PM me or whatever if I need to change something)

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers