z

Young Writers Society

League of Shapeshifters (LOSS)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:40 am
RedBird says...

Nick,

Okay. I admit it. Being able to turn into a bat is cool. Strange, but awesome. It first happened about a week ago, while I was sleeping. I wake up, and I'm hanging upside down from the ceiling, my head feeling as though it was about to explode. But now, I've gotten past all of that. I can even shift at will, kind of. Sometimes it just spontaneously happens, and then I'm tripping over my wings trying to get airborne before some cat comes and decides I'd make a good lunch.
Anyway, it's getting dark now. And that's the time that I feel best, most natural. I'm hunting around a park area, where there are some street lights. That's when I see the fox and the snake in the grass, talking. When the fox shifts into a girl, I grin, or I do the closest that a bat can come to a grin, and dive towards them. I shift just four feet off the ground, landing on my feet.

"Hey there," I say, grinning.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:58 am
SisterItaly says...

Evaline

"What the heck..." I grumbled, crossing my arms and leaning against a tree. "Who are you, and what is going on? And no. Crazy snake lady, I do not have a place of my own and I will not steal food for you. I don't need you. I don't need anyone!"

I quickly shut up when I began coughing painfully and doubled over. My eyes teared up in pain. The rain was letting up now, and to be honest I was hungry. Like, really hungry. I looked up hazily to the others, and I could just make out the girl. She had such a cold glare, uncaring. My vision faded before I could make out the boy's expression.

"I -ugh- never did tell you my name, I'm Evaline." I murmured, trying to change my attitude. They obviously knew what they were doing. Me? Not so much.

"Are you alright?" asked the bat guy, "And I'm Nick." He quickly added on, as if it was obligatory.

I looked up at him, my look just asking if he was really that ignorant. Of course I was not alright, I was hungry, tired and I just changed from a human to a fox and back to a human.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:19 am
RedBird says...

Nick,

I'm blushing. OF COURSE she's not alright! She just shifted for the first time. She has no idea in hell what is going on. So I change tactics.

"Um, you said you need food?" I say, looking questioningly at the snake-girl.

"Yeah," she says coldly, "To help her acclimate to the shifting."

I grin again, "Right-o. Be back in a tiff!"

So saying, I shift into a fruit bat and make a beeline for the nearest grocery store.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:06 am
ScarlettFire says...

Quinn | Beach:

I hopped off Sands and along the beach for a few feet before changing shapes, drifting into my human form and sighed. "Hey," I muttered, stretching my arms over my head and turnnig around. "So, what's it like?"

Sands blinked. "What's what like?"

"Swimming," I explained. "Underwater, as an animal."

"Ohh, right. That."

I sighed. He didn't answer straight away.

Ariona | Alley near the Arcade:

The dog stared at me. I could laugh, really. I'd taken on the form of a dog--a Border Collie. It was rather amusing. At the moment, though, I was staring at my reflection in a window near the ground. Sitting there, staring at myself. It was rather amusing. I couldn't help but wonder how many people would notice me--or not notice me.... Well, if I was a wolf, they'd notice me. I sighed. And run away screaming.... Besides, being a dog isn't as scary.

Suddenly the back door of the arcade was pushed open and I jumped up, trotting round towards it. I rounded the corner just in time to see a boy stumble out of it. I sat down again, frowning--or as much as a dog can frown. The boy didn't even look my way, so I barked--just a little. Finally, he's seen me. I gave him a dog-like grin and waited, head tilted to one side. Was he going to shift too? Or was he just dizzy or something?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:43 pm
Camulaeus says...

"So, what's it like?" Quin asked me.

I blinked. "What's what like?"

"Swimming," he explained. "Underwater, as an animal."

"Ohh, right. That."

Quin sighed. I didn't answer straight away.

"Well, you know how it is to fly?"

Quin shifted into an eagle. I smirked. "Alright, now imagine flying into a cold refreshing stream..that's basically it"

"Huh" Quin said as he shifted back into normal form. "Soooo..... wanna hit the arcade?" He asked. I stood up and gestured to my dripping wet clothes.

"Sure, just give me a minute to change"

"Ok, see you soon" Quin said and then shifted into some bird and flew off. I however wasn't so lucky and instead had to scramble over several miles of forest to reach town. I managed fairly well, and was able to reach the alley outside the arcade in about 20 minutes. I had stopped at my house ( a trailer parked outside the town's Red Lobster) on the way and had changed into a plain- white t-shirt and some jeans. As I was coming around the side of the place I suddenly felt very lightheaded. A dog was barking at me but I hardly noticed. No, not now One of the inconvenient things about being new to shifting is that sometimes you can't control it. It also sucks if your'e a water animal and you transform miles from the nearest body of water. I leaned on the wall of the alley and took a few deep breaths.

As suddenly as it had hit it passed, and I felt better right a way as well. The dog was smiling at me. Wait, dog's didn't smile.

"Are you a Shifter too?' I asked it. It responded by transforming into a girl about my age with waist-long black hair. I recognized her immediately.

'Hey Riri" I smirked. Ariona groaned. "Is Quin around?"

"If you ever call me that again I swear I will tear you apart, and no"

I furrowed my brow. "That's weird...anyways, what brings you to the arcade this fine evening?"
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:45 pm
Stori says...

Anye-

His quarters long since spent, he drifted towards the exit. A couple of teenagers lounged in the doorway. With a murmur of "Excuse me," Anye left the arcade. I wonder what Morgan's up to?

A few minutes' walk brought him to their house. Mom was stirring tonight's dinner, but looked up with a smile as he entered the kitchen. "You look like you enjoyed yourself."

"I sure did. Where's Morgan?"

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:59 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Could I join this?
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

5 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:56 pm
Camulaeus says...

I don't even think this SB is alive anymore sorry :?
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:16 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Oh okay. Thanks!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:48 am
ScarlettFire says...

Misunderstood, you can join. I've been meaning to post but kinda didn't know how to reply to Cam's.

So, no. This SB is still alive...kind of.

5 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:18 am
Camulaeus says...

Oh my god I feel so bad right now. I'm really sorry I called this SB dead. It's just no one had posted in forever. I'm sorry MissunderstoodDreamer, I Misunderstood this SB

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:48 am
ScarlettFire says...

Don't feel bad, Cam. And forever is not 6 days, y'know.

Ariona | Alley near the Arcade:

I eyed Sands and sighed. "Boredom," I conceded and started walking away.

"Hey!"

I turned back and groaned. "What?"

Sands just stood there for a moment, leaning on the wall. I planted my hands on my hips and glanced towards the Arcade's backdoor. He shrugged. Shaking my head, I turned back to towards the Arcade's door.

"Well, are you coming in?" I threw over my shoulder, pulling the door open.

5 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:06 pm
Camulaeus says...

Sands

I could see why Quin teased Ariona so much.

"Well, are you coming in?" she asked sarcastically; her hands on her hips.

"No Duh" I replied and pushed by her into the mass of neon that was the town arcade. The ring of games sounded everywhere, and the hum of electrical buzz resonated in the corners of my mind. I had only come here once before, and it hadn't changed a bit.

"Soo..... want me to kick your butt at Pac- man?" I asked.

Ariona rolled her eyes.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:57 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Ariona - Allley behind the Arcade/Arcade:

I rolled my eyes. "Sure, why not." I turned back to the door and stepped through. Flashing lights and loud music drowned out his reply. I glanced over my shoulder to see him stumble through the doorway. "Coming?" I called over the music. "Hurry up!"

Smirking, I pushed past a few guy and continued on into the arcade. A flash of dark brown hair and blue eyes sent me heading towards the skill tester. Yes, Quin had weird tastes... When I reached him, I tapped him on the shoulder and then pushed him forwards a little, throwing off his aim. "Yo, Quin. What're you doing here?"

Quin | Arcade:

I knew it was her as soon as she tapped me on the shoulder. I turned, forgetting about winning myself the eagle near the back. "Riri, hey. What brings you to the Arcade?" I leaned back against the machine and smirked, eying her as she glared at me and reminded me--yet again--to not call her that.

"I was bored," she finally muttered. "And I came in with Sands.....wherever he went..." She glanced around, frowning at the crowded arcade. "Where did he go?"

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:40 am
Stori says...

Morgan-

They never minded. With horses, you could be yourself and not have to talk incessantly. She stroked the mare's flank, breathing in the smell of horse.

Were those unshed tears tightening her gut? Suddenly, Morgan found herself on the ground. She shivered violently, her cry of pain becoming a shrill whinny. What's happening?

Running footsteps made her look up. The motion was all wrong, though. Was that Anye? She tried to shout but only let loose another whinny. What in-? I've become a horse!

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler