z

Young Writers Society

The Emperor's City *Permission Only* (Dead)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:53 pm
ScarlettFire says...

General Altair Jinan | Hallway - Palace:

Altair had been so wrapped up in his own thoughts that had didn't notice Elleraj walking down the hall towards him--at least, not until the pair bumped into each other. Altair started, grabbing the other person and partly-drawing his sword. The other man already had a knife against his stomach. The General blinked, suddenly realizing who he'd bumped into. "Ah, Elleraj," he said, letting go of the hilt of his sword after sliding it fully back into its sheath. "The Emperor was looking for you."

Elleraj stiffen and withdrew the knife but did not move. "Was he?"

Altair nodded, withdrawing his hand from the other man's wrist. "I'm to check on the girl now," Altair said, releasing the guard. Elleraj nodded and brushed past the General, before pausing. Altair kept his gaze on the younger man. He turned back to the General and frowned.

"Altair?" Elleraj began, then shook his head. "Go easy on her, will you? She's been through a lot." With that said, Elleraj turned and swept off down the hall, leaving a very confused General in his wake. Strange man, Altair though, shaking his head and turning away to continue on down the hall.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 pm
sylverdawn says...

Ravel/Seghed:

Elphame jumped down from the roof into the room, landing crouched on the floor. As the guards called for the so called 'fugitives' to come outside Rav passed his weapons over to Seghed. Baffled, Shawnee glanced from one young man to the other. "Why are you taking his weapons Seg?"

Laughing Rav grinned at the little healer. "It's simple Shawnee. I have a hard enough time holding back under the best of circumstances. The way I am right now, if I went out there with a blade someone would die." He flexed his hands the cestus he wore were leather gloves with strips of metal in them. "Besides I can do plenty of damage with just these."

"But what if we get caught?" There was real fear in Shawnee's voice as she asked the question.

Rav glanced at Seg and saw his best friend's eyes darken with rage. Despite his anger Seg spoke gently to Shawnee. "If we're caught they would do well to treat you with respect. As far as they're concerned you're friends with Rav. Melnar and Lyanssa may be at war but Rav is still royalty."

"More to the point no one with any sense wants to tick off an Asraadi in their own city." His grin turned decidedly predatory. "Things tend to get out of hand."

"Why would you care what happens to me?" Shawnee demanded.

Brow furrowed, Rav thought about that for a moment. He didn't make friends this quickly. Hell he didn't make friends at all. But somehow he just knew Shawnee could be trusted. There was an inherant core of honor in her that Rav knew was rare. He shrugged as he answered Shawnee. "Well Seg likes you, that's a good place to start. If something happened to you Shawnee he'd probably do something stupid. Which means I would have to go with him."

"Enough stalling fugitives!" The soldier barked from outside. "Come out now or we'll come in and get you!"

*All I got, I'm not sure how to start this brawl. Maybe we could skip it and just have everyone be very battered when they are dragged into the throne room?*
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:13 am
ScarlettFire says...

Sanura | Room; Palace - Lyall:

I short upright in the bed with a yelp. Jarelle... Elleraj... I frowned, groaning and holding my head in my hands. My memory was all muddled up. I remembered....Jarelle healing me... Wait. I straightened up, running a hand over where my wounds should be. Jarelle healed me. But who was the...guard? I stared at the far wall, not really comprehending it.

What was going on? I remembered Jarelle....but who the hell was the guard? Or the servant boy? This was ridiculous. A few moments later, another man strode into the room. "Get up," he muttered, "you're wanted in the throne room." And without waiting for a reply, he dragged me off the bed and onto my feet, then marched me out the door.

Short post.... Like, really short. o.O But, yeah. The quote below says it all.
ScarlettFire wrote:Also, the SB is on hold until Isha can post. She's currently trying to catch on on the going-ons in the SB. Plus, I need to focus on getting things sorted for my big move across Australia. ^^
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

66 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:21 am
sylverdawn says...

*Is this thing dead or is someone gonna post soon???*

novel.php?id=1157

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:55 am
ScarlettFire says...

sylverdawn wrote:*Is this thing dead or is someone gonna post soon???*

I refer to my previous post. It's on hold until Isha catches up. I'll ask her when she comes online.

Edit: I've asked Isha and she says post. ^^ So, this is off hold now. Feel free to start posting again, but don't get too crazy with it.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:17 pm
Kelcia says...

Jarelle | Lyall Palace

Jarelle slipped into the throne room through a side door. Whatever he had expected to find upon entering the throne room, the scene that met his eyes was not it. Four bound and struggling prisoners were being hauled into the room, before the Emperor. They looked distinctly grungy.

They weren’t the only ones there, though. The Emperor’s two children were standing by the throne, looking torn between interest, excitement, and distaste.

Quite a few soldiers lined the wall. Elleraj’s eyebrows rose a fraction, before he shrugged, and went to join them.

“What’s going on?” he muttered to the one next to him.

“We found these four hiding out in the slums,” the soldier said. “As far as I can guess, they’re rouges.” Elleraj nodded, looking over the group.

There were two elves, one of whom was Asraadi, Jarelle noticed with a hint of surprise. He hadn't seen an Asraadi in years. There was one human, and one healer. It seemed that Shawnee had managed to make it to the palace after all… Albeit in a very unfortunate way. Elleraj’s lips twitched in a suppressed smile. Sometimes, the will of the fates could even out rule the stubbornness of a teenager.

The Emperor on his throne was also gazing coolly at the little group.

“Well,” He said. “What have we got here?”
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

66 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:41 pm
SisterItaly says...

Shawnee

I had kicked and thrashed my whole way here, and put up quiet a fight for such a tiny girl. I think I may have even surprised Seghed a bit. By the time we reach the palace I was exhausted and weak. My eyes were red, my cheeks smudged with tears.

"S-Seg?" I choked out with a squeaky and broken tone. I just needed to know he was there.

"Shawnee, it's okay." he breathed quietly.

No, it wasn't okay. This was my biggest fear coming alive. I wanted to curl up in Seghed's arms and cry, or maybe just crawl into Seghed's arms. I felt so safe next to him. I felt my cheeks heating up at the thought.

Another Guard entered the room. His face was so familiar, like a distant memory that was now fading away. I tried to pry that memory back, but was interrupted by the Emperor.

"Well, what have we got here?" he asked with a mumbled voice.

"We suspect a bunch of rogues, your majesty. But the Elf on the end looks slightly more dangerous, the little healer put up a good fight as well."

The emperor walked over to the guard and looked at his arm carefully before laughing.

"Did she bite you? Look at the mark on your arm!" He turned to us and regained his posture. First glaring at his spy and tracker before turning to me. "Shouldn't you be in the healer's temple, helping our injured soldiers?" before I could reply he spotted Ravel, eyes wide.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:25 am
Theodorable says...

Elphame

Elphame had injured some of the guards before they had subdued her. In the struggle she had accumulated a couple of cuts and bruises herself. She paid no mind to them however, she was more interested in watch Shawnee struggle against her guards. She may be little, but man did she put up a fight.

When they finally reached the throne room, Elphame knew to keep quit and a straight face. Anything less would give her away. If the Emperor found out that she had decided to go against his orders, she would hang before the next sunrise.

She looked up when the Emperor spoke. "Well, what have we got here?" he asked with a mumbled voice.

"We suspect a bunch of rogues, your majesty. But the Elf on the end looks slightly more dangerous, the little healer put up a good fight as well." The guard who was leading their little procession answered.

She had to catch herself from looking over when the Emperor started to laugh about a bite that Shawnee had inflicted on him in her struggle to get free. Then she saw him turn toward Seg, then her. She froze-she didn't breathe for fear that he would find out.

But then he turned to Shawnee and asked, "Shouldn't you be in the healer's temple, helping our injured soldiers?"

Before Shawnee could answer, Elphame felt a shift in the air. She quickly turned her head to look at the Emperor, and saw that he had spotted Rav.

Oh dear Goddess, no! She had to do something, quick, before the Emperor tried to injure her brother. She thought frantically as the Emperor slowly started walking over to Rav. He stopped right in front of him and looked him directly in the eyes. Elphame knew that look, it was the look of the hunter seeing his prey in a trap that was never set.

*I figure maybe Elphame can attack a guard or try to distract the Emperor to get his attention off of Rav.*
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

66 Reviews

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:24 am
sylverdawn says...

*Now we're getting somewhere!!! :D *

Ravel/Seghed:

Rav winced at the bright lights of the throne room. He had been handling himself pretty well in the the fight until one of the guards had managed to clip him on the head with a club. His head throbbed from the wound and blood had streaked down his face, almost blinding him in his right eye. Not that Rav was worried, head wounds always bled a lot. More worrying was that the guards had tied him up while he was unconscious. If there was one thing guaranteed to wake the Beast it was being bound.

Beside him Elphame tensed as if she was about to jump on the King, but Seg elbowed her and shook his head subtley. This was not the time or place. As the King spoke with the guard who had captured them Rav almost sighed with relief as he felt his magic return completely. He always felt naked without his elemental abilities. He fisted his hands, tempted to burn the ropes off and leap to his feet but stopped as the King turned towards him.

The Kings steps rang on the marble as he walked towards Rav he stopped in front of him with a faint look of triumph on his face. "Hah, as if any of this was planned." Rav thought deresively. He tilted his head up and stared down his nose at the other royal, quite a feat considering Rav was on his knees and the King was over six feet tall.

"Prince Ravel Melnared." The King smiled as he spoke. "The gods must surely favor me to drop Niran's eldest son and right hand into my lap."

Rav laughed mirthlessly at the King's comment. "Oh I wouldn't be so sure about that."

Coldly the King glared down at the younger man. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you here and now Asraadi. It would deprive your father of quite the resource."

Rav tilted his head to the side and grinned when the King turned white and took a step back from him. The King had seen the Beast peering out of his eyes, something so alien and deadly that mortals couldn't help but fear it. "Because it would be... unwise."

*We need input from either Isolde or her brother, I'm not sure how to get the King to trust them even a little bit.*

novel.php?id=1157

66 Reviews

Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:06 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Isolde | Throne Room

"Father, stop." Isolde stepped forwards, unable to remain silent while all of this was going on. Altair, you sneak. He must have had her followed when she went out to meet them this morning. "He's not going to attack us." I hope. "Father, I have it on good authority that he has been betrayed by Niran. I plead for sanctuary on his behalf."

"You plead for sanctuary on my behalf?" Ravel took this moment to snarl out. "Again, what interest do you have in my survival?"

"Isolde - " Bristan started, but quickly shut up as the Emperor put up his hand. Zarin turned to Isolde, a severe glint in his eyes.

"So this is what you've been up to behind my back. Consorting with the enemy?"

"Father, I wasn't - "

"Silence. I'll deal with you later." He glared at Isolde, who bit her lip and stepped back. "If what my daughter is saying is true, then you are of no use to me as a captive. However - " He paced back and forth. "I fear she may be delusional."

Delusional? Delusional? Isolde felt the sting keenly. You are more delusional than I could ever hope to be, old man. She almost opened her mouth to tell him exactly what she thought when a calm voice broke into the confusion.

"Your Highness."

------------------------------

Christan | Throne Room

Christan had been on the sidelines so far, watching the arguments go back and forth. He felt rather ignored; his part in the capture had been totally overlooked. He interlaced his fingers together. What he would do to be at home now, eating his lunch rather than listening to all this half-messed nonsense!

It was then that Altair strode into the room, and Christan felt a pang of jealousy go through him at the sight of the general. After him, the foreign healer entered; or more like, was dragged into the room. Christan furrowed his brows. What was that woman doing out of her cell?
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:51 pm
ScarlettFire says...

General Altair Jinan | Throne Room- Palace:

He dragged the woman into the throne room, ignoring the looks he received and forced her to kneel before the Emperor. "As ordered, your highness," he said and bowed his head, holding the struggling girl on her knees. He didn't look up until the Emperor acknowledged them and sat down on his throne.

Oblivious to the drama that had unfolded a few moments ago, Altair looked around the room. A squadron of the soldiers looked beat up and they were now several other prisoners along with the girl on her knees before him. Altair recognized the male Elf and the Healer....and was that their spy and one of their tackers? The General smirked and crossed his arms over his chest, waiting.

66 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2011 3:14 pm
CelticaNoir says...

(Come on, people, let's rev this thing back up!)

Isolde

Isolde cleared her throat, feeling half out-of-tune and half annoyed. Her eyes remained steadily on her father's piercing stare. "Father, I have yet to ask again. Ask the General. I'm sure he'll be...happy to back me up." She could feel the entire room's eyes on her, even Altair's, whose eyes bored keenly into the side of her head. Isolde took a deep breath and took a step forwards, but not without a glance at a half-bewildered, half-irate Ravel, who was still busy glaring at her. Isolde coughed, feeling self-conscious for some reason. She watched as Zarin glanced from Altair to her, and back again.

"Well, Altair." He scratched his chin, almost thoughtfully. "Is what my daughter saying is true?"

Christan

Christan wanted to sink into the wall of the room. For some reason, the Melnarian spy was glancing at him most curiously, as if trying to gauge where he had seen him before. Christan would've glared back, if not that the young man was obviously associated with the princess in some way. And for some reason, Christan was scared of him.

Really scared.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic