Young Writers Society

Two Spirits, One goal[accepting]

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:46 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Axelos Firetongue

I found it hard to believe that someone had the nerve to barge into my house only because that person was chased by a wolf. Especially in the middle of the night. I went back to the house, but this time I slammed the door behind me and locked the door before I dragged myself back to bed. Already I was very fed up of being awakened by a wolf and having a visitor at this late of night. I laid there in my bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about the other night. That was when I spent the night at a lover's house, sleeping in his bed like I meant it. My lover just enjoyed the color of my hair and the tone of my skin, just enjoyed me as I was. As I lay there in my own bed, I slowly went to sleep. If anyone knew I was gay, I won't hesitate to slit their throat.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:28 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
"How would I know where the wolf is?" I say, "I was trying to get away from it, not follow it wherever it goes," I say to Arwen. I can tell she doesn't trust me. At least she's smart. I wouldn't trust me either. I don't trust anyone. Now that I was becoming more alert, my mood was beginning to change. I was feeling bolder, and madder. I felt like throwing a rock through a window or breaking someone's bones. I began to hop on the balls of my feet, trying to calm down. I took in every minute detail of the night, especially this Arwen. She oozes confidents, arms folded. She has dark eyes and is quite thin. I bet I could take her. I try to picture how she'd fight, I can tell her right foots stronger than her left foot, but her stance is pretty even, so not by much. I'm trying to calculate whether she prefers punches or kicks, when my mood suddenly changes again.
What am I doing? This isn't right. I have to be better than this. I realize my hands are shaking and clutch them behind my back so she won't notice. She's looking at me funny. She's noticed.
"What?" I ask, trying to sound angry and defensive, when really I'm just tired and upset that I let my emotions get away from me. Again.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:58 am
View Likes
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Hehe. Loved Dmitri's Post (:

Arwen ¬

Dmitri pushes his hands behind his back, and I stare at him.

"What?" He sounds tired and maybe even a little worn down, although he trys to make me think other wise. He has his hands on his hips, and he's looking at me as if he expects me to say something.

"Why are you-" I shrug. "So we have no clue where this Wolf is, so how do we know we're safe? It could be behind me or you, ready to pounce."

Dmitri looks behind him. I smile, but not in a nasty way. He looks like he's about to kick himself for turning round, when he says.

"Where'd the other guy go?"

"Oh-" I scan the horizon, and the buildings. "Maybe he went back to his house, he seemed kinda crabby you walked in,"

"Hey it wasn't my-" He stops when he realises I'm joking. "C'mon, I think we should try find this wolf," I give him a big smile.
Signature Pending

374 Reviews

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:01 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
I'm doing all the wrong things. Arwen must think I'm stupid by now. Normally I can think faster with this.
"C'mon, I think we should try find this wolf," she says. She gives me a big smile, the type a teacher would give a 5-year-old. I fight back a groan.
"It was over here last time I saw it," I say, and stalk off in that direction, sticking to the shadows as much to keep Arwen from seeing me blush as to hide from the wolf.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

42 Reviews

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:51 pm
View Likes

Arwen ¬

"Dmitri? Have I annoyed you?" I follow him, as he sticks to the shadows. "Dmitri?"

"The wolf was over here,"

I sighed. "OK, where was it? Did you see which way it went?"
Signature Pending

374 Reviews

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:15 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
I stop as we reach where I saw the wolf. Arwen almost runs into me, but stops herself just in time. There's two girls in the street talking in some odd language that sounds a lot like barking. I wonder if they're crazy. The wolf stands next to one of the girls in a casual, slightly protective way. I evaluate the wolf for weak points. I'm not seeing any, but if I had to fight it, I could probably be able to find one before it killed me.
I glance at Arwen. I don't like having people behind me, don't like having my back open. But I hate being up against a wall. Makes it easier to get trapped. Arwen is staring at the wolf. She probably has never seen a wolf either. I tap her hand and nod that we should head back. Don't want the wolf sniffing me out again. Arwen looks unsure if we should stay or not. She starts to say something, but before she can the wolf lets out a deep growl. I look at the wolf and find it staring directly at me. I should never have looked away. Isn't that the first rule of survival, never look away from a known enemy.
The girl says something to the wolf in that strange language. I have no idea what she said, she might have said "Get me a handburger," or "Rip his face off." I'm not going to stay around to find out. That wolf is huge!
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:22 pm
Sapi says...

Attra

Grrrrrrrr...... growls Rraka, and I snap my head around to see- a boy. And a girl. Staring at us like we're some sort of aliens from outer space. Annoyed, I tell Rraka to keep them away. I'm worried, though. The boy looks as if he's no easy kill, not in the least.

Distracted from our conversation, Juhani stares at the two people, about twenty yards down the tunnel. I set my eyes, and watch as my friend runs them down and barks agressively. Hopefully they'll just run away and stop bothering us....Ah, there we go. Ha! Look at their faces! They're tearing off down the rock passage, none too keen on an encounter with a white wolf the size of St. Bernard.
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

374 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:28 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
I follow closely behind Arwen. She's cerainly fast, but I wonder if she can keep up this pace. I trip over my own feet, as I've done before, but get back up as soon as I hit the ground. A wetness on my leg tells me my knee's bleeding, but I keep up. Arwen is definitely keeping up the pace. We slow down a bit once we're a safe distance away, and stop when no pursuit is sighted. My knee starts hurting once we stop, but it's bearable. My jeans are stained, though. I rip them off at the knees, swearing under me breath. I look up at Arwen.
"Well," I say, "now we know where the wolf is." She gives me a half-smile.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

42 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:37 am
View Likes

Arwen ¬ Dmitri's post never fail to make me smile.

"We certainly do." I said. "I've never run so fast," I grinned at him. I probably looked a mess. My hair was probably stuck up in some strange angle, and I bet I was bright red. I smoothed my hair down and bet by Dmitri.

"You OK?" I asked, as he tore thtrough his jean. It was a nasty cut, bloody and torn with gravel embedded in it. I winced. "C'mon, lets get you somewhere I can fix that up."

I grabbed his hand, blushing, but I slowly took him somewhere I knew he'd be OK.

Granny Hollie's.

<< Granny Hollie is just made up. She's a Wize Witch. KNows all about herbs and stuff. Arwen might have a liiiiittle crush on Dmitri. (; >>
Signature Pending

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:37 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Juhani

I stood starring at the girl and boy as they took off running away from us as Attra set the wolf on them. As crule as it was, it was funny and I couldn't help smiling.
"Should we follow them? Or should we just find our other halves?" I asked, no idea what to do.
"Follow them,"Attra replied, a twisted smile on her face. Rraka was waiting rather impatiently at the end of the tunnel we were in and kept bounding on ahead as soon as we aproached. He had stopped where there was a skuff in the mud and a small fragment of clothing.
"One fell. The male." I said pocketing the torn cloth, "Here that?" I whispered, listening to the city around me. A deep and throbbing sound was echoing through the streets. I couldn't help feeling paniced.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

374 Reviews

Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:31 am
tgirly says...

Dmitri: (Thanks, love Arwen's post too. :) Dmitri may be forming a bit of a crush too ;) )

Arwen starts taking me through some streets and down some alleys. I try to keep up with Arwen, who has to slow down because I'm limping slightly.
"It's not that bad," I say, but she obviously doesn't believe me. I wonder where we're headed. When we near the destination, I realize I should've been wondering whether or not this was safe or not. If it had been anyone else besides Arwen, I probably would've been more uncomfortable with this. I would be looking for escape routes, or where someone could hide and jump out to attack me. But with Arwen there, I wasn't doing any of that. I trusted her for some reason. I hoped my trust was well-placed.
She leads me into a cottage-styled house with false beams and a rose garden in the front. The roof is sinking in a little bit, but other than that, it's in pretty good shape. It's at the edge of town, and behind it you can see the start of the forest. Tall, dark trees rise from the undergrowth, green and cold. The woods surround the city on every side, besides the wall that's seemingly endless and seperates one half of the world from the other.
"This is Granny Hollie's," Arwen says.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

42 Reviews

Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:26 am
View Likes

Arwen ¬

"This is Grannie Hollie's," I say, giving three raps on the door.

"Hello?" The voice is hollow and raspy. Not what I remember.

"Is Grannie Hollie here?" I ask, backing away. I squeeze Dmitri's hand.

"No. She's has moved to the otherworld...."

For some reason, I wasn't shocked by this, instead I was frightened. "So who are you?"

The door slammed shut and I stepped back. "I don't like the look of her," I whispered, pushing Dmitri back. I turned round and tripped over, pulling Dmitri down with me. I landed virtually on top of him.

"Oh. Sorry!" I blushed bright red. I scrammlbed off him and grabbed his hand again. "C'mon, we need to get somewhere else. Quickly,"
Signature Pending

374 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:30 am
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
Arwen slips her hand into mine. Her fingers were thin and fit so well in mine. I tried to remember the last time I had held hands with someone. While I'm trying to remember, Arwen whirls around and topples over me. She real embarrassed as she scrambles up, but I'm just realieved that I wasn't the one to do something stupid or clutsy this time. She grabs my hand again as she scrambles up, and we take off running. Running while holding hands is almost as difficult as it sound. But we just can't seem to slip our hands apart. Maybe because they fit so well together, like they were made for each other... I give myself a mental scolding for the thought. Getting caught up in some infatuation is no way to stay alive. I've got me to worry about, and that's enough.
We slow down again, and I realize I've lost track of where we're headed. I seem to be forgetting a lot with this girl around. She's not good for me. I've got to get rid of her soon, or I might end up doing something really stupid.

42 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:16 am
View Likes

Arwen ¬

I'm gasping. I'm still clinging to Dmitri's hand. My mind is whirling. We need to get back ot the city.

Which way?

Now was definately not the time to start acting like some love sick puppy.

I tug Dmitri over to the nearest hollow tree and crawl under it. I can hear footsteps and voices. The tree is small amd cramped. I put a finger to my lips and I still manage to touch Dmitri. I'm blushing bright red, redder when realising that the voices are coming closer. What are they gonna think? I know for a fact they're looking for us. The person in Grannie Hollie's has sent them. I do the only thing I think of.

I place my hand on both sides of Dmitri's face and kiss him softly.

The footsteps stop.

There's a throaty chuckle.

"These ain't th' ones Missy D wan's, they were well to 'mbarrassed to b' kissin' like thi',"

The footsteps receed and I pull away from Dmitri. I can't see his face because it's partially in shadow. I crawl out, blushing. I can hear panting. I look up into the eyes of the wolf, and two people enter the clearing. I'm instantly on my guard.

"Who are you?" I ask. "Call off the Wolf," I reach behind me and grab Dmitri's hand tightly, and a faint pink colours my cheeks.
Signature Pending

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:11 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Juhani

"Who are you? Call off the wolf." She had colour in her checks, as if embarassed. Then she tugged a boy from the shadows behind her. Lovers? If I could have I would have called away the wolf, but he was Attra's and hers alone. Insted I let Athena fly into the tree above the couple, there really are trees here, glad that she was away from the wolf.
"Juhani, Attra" I said pointing to each of us in turn. I was glad to be out of the city, that world hurt my head with all of it's electrical sounds. That's all it had been earlier, some electric being turned on.
"Call off the wolf" She said again. Hissing at Attra I translated, but still she didn't call of the wolf. The boy seemed transfixed with the wolf, then I noticed the torn and bloodied trousers. Pulling out the fragment I had picked up before I tossed it too him, trying to smile in the process. I didn't look too impressed.
"Call off the wolf!" An urgancy had developed in the girl's tone.
"She won't. Her wolf." I said this in the desperate hope that she would understand the message I was trying to convay. Thankfully I think she did understand and nodded. Probably sounding childish, I pointed to my owl and said 'Athena' and smiled rather daftly. At that moment she fluttered down to my shoulder, rubbing her tiny head against my check. Attra began hissing at me again.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

"The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein