z

Young Writers Society

The Ruby of Zoran

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:13 am
Vampyre says...

Arodeth Lothwen - Party One

I watched with extreme interest the coin, imbued with Shift Magic, as it passed between Laridail and Aikan. My fascination was not so great however, that I did not notice the slight look that passed between the two. Could they already be acquainted? 'Twould explain why Aikan was entrusted with the communication and map.

Aikan stepped back towards the circle, resuming his place at my side. I followed his example, training my eyes 'pon the Prince as he bid us farewell.
"Now, brave adventurers, now you must leave. Head to the north-west city of Gaja. On foot it will take five days to reach, but halfway along the journey friends of mine will meet you; they will provide you with riding animals. Once you have reached the city, contact me so that I may tell you the next step of the journey. May the gods be with you."

I knelt with the rest, though perhaps not as deeply as some. I still felt a little uncomfortable subjecting to royalty, and was slightly uneasy around someone who'd Scribed my mind. I could only trust that he hadn't gone too deep though; he couldn't know of my job and still select me to travel with the rest. As our group parted ways with the Prince, I turned to Aikan.

"Would you mind if I had a look at the coin? The method of imbuing items with magic is one I practice often, and I would greatly enjoy the opportunity to study an example like this."

I smiled and thanked him as he passed it over, before turning to the object in my hands. It was skilfully done, to be sure; a strong piece of magic I was sure would serve us well. A few seconds later, I passed it back, and turned to the rest of the party.

"Shall we then depart? We have our course, and 'twould be good to get in a few miles before stopping for the night."

A few of them murmured assent, and I led the group down the main pathway, stealing a last glance at the place I knew before turning down the track to Gaja. The last rays of sun caught in my eyes as I stepped onto the dirt road, a sense of righteousness filling me to the core. We would find the Ruby, and the honour of my family would be upheld.
That night she drew her swan breath in a bed
Made soft with all her razor blades,
That kissed her wrists with the romance you lacked.
As the hands that you’d kissed now dealt the trades

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:01 pm
Tigersprite says...

Prince Laridail--Ziras Fields

He watched the sun rise steadily, until it was a considerable height in the sky. The first party would be out of Adiel and on their way to Gaja by now. He turned to Lurin, and then followed the older man's gaze and looked at the sky. There was a speck in the distance, and then there was a flap of bat-like wings as a wyvern landed on Lurin's outstretched hand. A rolled-up letter was tied to it's tail, and this Lurin took from it, beginning to read.

When he was done, he turned to Laridail.

"Any news of my father, Lurin?" the younger man inquired.

"He has been delayed, my Lord," said Lurin. "The skirmish that drew him to the Kuzilian* city has escalated. It seems that some Humans and Elves have actively sought out Zanam returning to the cities. The new law did not go down with our Southern neighbours as smoothly as it did here in Nirjia. The King was nearing the border between the nations, but now he has turned back."

Laridail nodded. "Then we shall proceed. It is time to send off the second party."

Lurin shot two bursts of fire into the air as he had earlier, and what remained of the crowd turned to him.

"It is time I announced the second party to set off," he said to them. "Once again, be not alarmed if I call your name.

"Party Two shall consist of Mr Csel, Mr Vincent Knight, Miss Siofra Farland, Miss Avigail Yesheal, Miss Zelvna Nay'all, and Mr Joshua Pastas. If your name has been called, please ascend to the top of this hill."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Kuzil is a separate, southern nation governed by Queen Imara. Nirjia is another separate nation in the north, governed by King Dauki, and in which the story is set. Kuzil is fairly new, having been declared as a separate nation by the former King only 30 year prior. This was so that Imara, who is Dauki's elder sister, could have a nation of her own to rule eventually. Despite sharing blood, none of Dauki's children's descendants are eligible to take the throne of Kuzil upon Imara's death, only her children and their descendants are eligible as heirs.

Dauki was meeting with Imara and the mayor of Purna, where the skirmishes are taking place, to attempt to resolve the situation.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:22 am
Jashael says...

Avighal Ya'sheal|Ziras Fields

I shut my mouth after being reprimanded by the female elf. It was my fault I knew nothing that was taking place. I bit my lower lip, underneath it my tongue, and spoke no more. I'd have to figure out everything on my own, I guessed, if no one was generous enough to share any information with me.

Taking a deep breath, I left everyone on their own, and looked about: the plain field was beautiful under the bright rays of the rising sun, dotted there and here by elves, humans, and Zanams. Then two fire balls shot through the sky. They got the attention of everyone--everyone around me--including me. Everyone was looking--every head turned, or craned over--to an elf; it was Prince Laridail.

"It is time I announced the second party to set off," he said to us. "Once again, be not alarmed if I call your name."

Call our name? Once again? Had this happened earlier?

"Party Two--" he continued, making clear for me that another party had went off earlier, "--shall consist of Mr Csel, Mr Vincent Knight, Miss Siofra Farland, Miss Avigail Yesheal, Miss Zelvna Nay'all, and Mr Joshua Pastas." He called me. "If your name has been called, please ascend to the top of this hill."

Without any hesitation, I started to climb the hill. Being told what to do could be better than not being told what had happened. I'd pick up clues...
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

147 Reviews

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:49 pm
Tigersprite says...

NOTE: Though you won't be in party two for long, after this post all original party two members please put the words next to your character's name anyway.

Prince Laridail--Ziras Fields

Laridail watched them ascend the hill in the brightness of the sun. Csel, Farland, Yesheal, Nay'all, Knight and Pastas. The warriors who would comprise the second party.

They arrived at the hill's summit, and stood in a line, facing him. They all bowed, save Pastas on his horse, and Csel. He instead looked straight at Laridail, the black rings around his eyes chilling the latter to the bone. Laridail looked away. He saw Lurin glare at the Elf, but he motioned to him to keep quiet, and gestured to those who had bowed to rise.

"Welcome this morn, brave heroes. A party has already gone before you, but that makes you no less great. You also will search for the Ruby, you will find those clues that the first party over-looked."

"So we're no better than scavengers eh?" said Pastas. "We pick up what they're done with, and they find the Ruby first?"

"You will see what they didn't. Find what they missed. Just because they've started before you, does not mean that they will find the Ruby first."

Pastas opened his mouth to argue, but Lurin interrupted him with: "Silence."

Laridail continued. "I will appoint one of you to hold a Duri coin, and a map of Nirjia which will both help in your quest."

"A Duri coin?" Yesheal asked. "What's a Duri coin?"

"It's--" Laridail began.

"A magical device that acts as a two-way mirror," Farland spoke quietly. She looked at Laridail and inclined her head, and then continued. "It works by flipping it before throwing it into a body of water, and then the image and sound of whatever is near another coin connected to the first will be shown in the water. And vice-versa."

Laridail nodded. "This is true. One flip and you will be able to communicate with Party One, three and you may communicate with me. Of all of you, I will trust Farland with the Duri coin." He gestured to her and she stepped forward. She took the silver coin which he withdrew from his cloak, and turned it over in her hands before walking back to the others.

"And," Laridail continued, "the map shall go to Yesheal."

The girl jumped in slight shock, but then she composed herself and walked over to him.

"Thank you," she said as she took the map from him, backing away to the rest.

"And what of I?" Pastas said. "I am a Captain in the Royal Army, and have proven myself many a time. What do I lack that you do not think me responsible enough to handle anything?"

"It is not what you lack. Nor what you have done. I chose to give the coin to Farland and the map to Yesheal for my own reasons. What is your complaint?"

"But--"

"He is finished with you," Csel said in a quiet yet powerful tone. "Finished and tired. Instead of shouting nonsensically like a Human woman, be a man and either keep quite, or leave." Pastas glared at him and kept silent.

Laridail sighed and continued. "This is a great task. You will meet danger along the way, for wild animals lurk the paths between the cities, and even within those cities there is unease due to the most recent law. If any of you wish to leave now, please do so and fear no shame."

"Why would we want to leave?" Yesheal said. "Why would we shy away from the honour finding this Ruby will surely give us?"

Laridail smiled. This was the kind of spirit he wanted to see. "Good. Well now that it seems there are no more objections," and here he looked at Pastas, "it is time for you all to depart. From these fields, you must travel to the north-west city of Gaja, and for those of you without riding animals I will provide you with them two days into the journey when you meet with associates of mine. When you reach the city, I will inform you via the Duri coins on how to proceed. Good luck to you all, and by the gods you'll find the Ruby."

He gave them a quick bow, and one by one, they turned away. The last to do so was Yesheal. Despite her previous composure, she looked a little uncertain, and she asked him quickly, "Your Highness?"

"Yes, Yesheal?"

"I only wondered...shall His Highness Prince Duma be joining us in the quest? For I heard that he was in Gaja himself."

Laridail smiled at her again, though uneasily now that a thought had crept into his mind. "No, Yesheal, he shall not be part of this quest. I expect that in the time it takes the parties to reach Gaja, he would have moved to another city, anyway." She nodded, thanked him, and then ran after the others.

Laridail turned to the now-bright sun. His thoughts were uneasy as he thought again about how coincidental it was, that Duma should be in Gaja. Concubine or no, it was suspicious. And that brother of his, he always was a risky case.

"Ride, Lurin," he said to his companion. "Ride to the castle and send that messenger wyvern to Gaja, let it go to one of my men. I want to know exactly what my brother's business is in Gaja. By the gods," he said as Lurin mounted his horse with the wyvern on his shoulder, and began to gallop away, "if Duma is there on our Father's orders, this could cause much trouble."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time will skip a little from this point. The first party is now between Adiel and Gaja, and the second party has recently left Adiel.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:33 pm
carbonCore says...

Csel - Party 2

"I am to ride a horse?" I said, to no one in particular. The flatland prairie beasts held little love for me, and I for them. But adaptation is a must, I suppose. This was no longer the Swamp. Here, the Great Mother may not be present for me. Sacred Earth.

In spite of thoughts wandering to and fro about whether I will be able to stay on a horse, I ascended the hill. Eyes were on me. I didn't like being watched. Still, I did not mind much yet.

"Why are we going to a city?" I said to Laridail. "Is the Ruby in a city? Is it not faster to go around it and avoid crowds?"

Crowds. I saw a crowd here before it dispersed into two parties. This concept was still new to me, but I knew enough about it to avoid it. Too many people at one place made my heart sick. Elves, humans, half-breeds, it was all the same to me. The light of their souls burned mine.
_

147 Reviews

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:17 pm
Tigersprite says...

Aikan Dursil--Party One

The sun was clear in the sky, but as usual for this part of the world, it wasn't warm anyway. I shivered as the seven of us walked, leaving our footprints in the dusty path. Kadum had gone hunting on the plains, and I felt strangely alone despite the company. I watched the green grass, which moved slightly in the little (yet cold) breeze. I pulled my cloak tighter around myself.

We'd talked in the first few hours, we'd learnt each others names and exchanged greetings, though no-one delved too far into another's past. But as each step talk us farther away from Adiel and towards Gaja, we quietened. Everyone was lost in their individual thoughts, maybe pondering whether they had made the right decision. I knew I was. Had I really come on this quest just for Juri? Surely there were easier ways of making money...

Not when the Human and Elven communities treat you as an outcast. Not when they'd rather die than give you a job.

Of course. I'd almost forgotten.

I sighed and, shielding my eyes, looked ahead. So far our path had led us to hill over hill, but straining my eyes I could just about see the beginning of a forest. Tall and dark it's trees were. Good protection from the winds.

"There's a forest ahead!" I informed everyone. "We should get there shortly after the sun begins to set; we can have something to eat and get some sleep."

"A forest?" Ari said. "Blue Fairies* live in forests. They might not like our staying there."

"And there are bugs in forests," Vonual said in disgust. She'd been stopping every now and then to pick at her boots, for some of the hills were muddy from the the rains of two days ago. "I'm not particularly fond of bugs."

"I'm sure you'd rather freeze to death on a hill," Raksha, or--as she'd insisted we'd call her--Demon said in an amused tone. "At least there wouldn't be any bugs there."

Vonual sighed. "Fine, we'll go to the forest. But as Ari said, we have to be careful of the Blue Fairies."

"As long as we don't hurt the plants and trees," Arodeth said, "we'll be fine."

"True," I said. Checking the map I'd brought out, I said, "We'll head to the Arush Forest for the night."

The others mumbled sounds of agreement and when I looked back to see if anyone had any objections, I thought I saw something far in the distance; a moving speck. Was someone following us? But when I blinked it was gone.

---------------------------------------------------------

The profile for Blue and Red Fairies can be found in the Discussions tab of the Club.
Nathan Leopold

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:28 pm
Mazzi says...

Vincent Knight - Party 2

I soon got bored of talking to the people, most of them didn't respond anyway. I was looking for something to do when I heard Prince Laridail call party 2 over. I realized the intelligence of the prince. He must of been planning this for a few months now, I understood him, party 2 had just an equal chance of finding the ruby first. Also, we could maybe spot clues they would of overlooked. Most in party 2 didn't agree with Prince Laridail's party system, I didn't want to cause any conflict between my party members so I didn't say anything to upset anybody.

Then we set on our horses and went through the city, it was familiar, I went there once or twice while away from my parents. I looked accross to my other party members and I knew none of them. All of us were silent as we rode through the city. I decided to strike up a converstation "So...who feels like talking?" I asked, not the most appropriate ways of striking up a conversation, but hopefully someone will reply.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:31 pm
Shearwater says...

Vonual S’haara | Party One

The forest was thick, filled with ghastly bugs and dirt that clung to my new boots and degraded my clothes with disgust. I kicked a rock out of my path and stayed behind the group as they made way into the Arush forest. The large trees blocked out the last dying rays of the sunlight and in a matter of time, it was darkness that consumed us.

I lifted my bag and took out my water. Lifting the rim to my lips, nothing came out. My eye centered in the opening and I peered inside as if the water was hiding from me. Only then did I remember that the rascal known as Xavier had drank all my water. With a mumbled curse I walked up to Arodeth.

“Is there a stream anywhere nearby?” I asked. Before I decided to head off on my own I wanted to be sure that what I was looking for was near the party. Last thing I needed was to get lost and never find my way home. The forest was a dangerous place at night.

She glanced around. “There should be a little stream down to the left, past the small incline over there, I just went to wash my face. Shouldn’t be hard to find. Why?”

“Apparently, being assistive only gave me an empty bottle of water,” I answered, lifting up my leather water holder. “I’m just going to refill it.”

She pressed his lips together and nodded. “Don’t get lost.”

I laughed. “Of course, that would be terrible.” I turned around and watched the others as they began gathering materials such as rocks and sticks, probably hoping to start a fire of some sort. My eyes flickered up as I pulled down my hood, exposing my white hair to the moonlight. It was mentioned that fairies lived in the forest, blue fairies. I’d never seen one but I thought it’d be a great experience to actually meet one...or two. They were so tiny, so bright and looked so clean...

I shook my head and continued down the path until I heard the little currents in the stream rush over the tiny pebbles. First, I washed my face and hands and then dipped the bottle down the crystal clear water. When would be the next time I would actually get to wash up again? The feeling of days without proper bathing made a shiver crawl up my spine.

I looked around and spotted a small light. Quickly, I froze and by the second I blinked, it disappeared. It was probably just my overactive imagination. Finishing up, I stood up and began making my way to the party. Just to be sure, I took another glance around my shoulder.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:50 am
View Likes
Vampyre says...

Arodeth Lothwen, Party One

The wind needled its way into my clothes, making me shiver. We'd been out walking for hours, and while I wasn't physically tired, the mental fatigue I'd brought on was plugging my mind of coherent thought. Vonual started a little as I tripped into her - the root snaking along the ground was well concealed. She threw me a dirty look as she inspected the muddy patch my boot had left on the hem of her cloak.

I was relieved when the dark trees broke the horizon. We soon set a course towards them, and within minutes were entering the forest. 'Twas warmer at once. I loosened my cloak a little, relishing the lack of wind...though there was also an absence of light. Aikan gave me a strange look - apparently scrunching my eyes tight, then forcing them as wide as they could go wasn't a normal thing to do.
I couldn't help grinning a little as I explained, "It helps with increasing ones night vision. I learnt it while training for-uh, when I was growing up, for, er, hunting."

By the stars, my lying was terrible. It took me too long to think on the spot - I was best with plans. Aikan didn't question me though - I think he was too busy worrying about the fairies said to inhabit the forest. I had to admit; they made me a little nervous. I didn't know much about them, but from what I'd heard, one didn't want to get on the wrong side of them. Unfortunately, the way to do that was by disturbing their plants, and the darkness was combining with tree roots in a dangerous fashion.

The crowded trunks let up a little, and we clustered around each other, apparently to decide which way to move. Peering between the trees, I was rewarded with the sight of a small stream. My hands and face were streaked with mud, swirling in the water as I plunged my mouth into the cold liquid, wiping the grime away from my skin.
Once my skin felt clean and I'd sated my thirst, I filled my leather waterskin and buckled the strap to my belt. Returning to the others, I felt slightly refreshed.

It appeared we'd be staying here for the night; a small fire was being built, though I noted that only deadwood was being used for it. Everyone seemed a little on edge, stiffening if they so much as brushed against a small plant.
Vonual came up to me, asking if I knew of any water; I directed her to the stream, before joining in with those collecting wood.

The dried sticks crackled beneath my feet, and I stooped to pick up a few. A flickering at my feet caught my eye, and I froze, not daring to move my feet lest I should crush something. I leaned down further, trying to see what had flashed on the ground. Peering through the stems of plants, I saw it again, a blue-tinged light, dimly flickering like an dying oil lamp.

I took the wood I'd already collected and made my way quickly back to 'camp', employing all my stealth to stay away from the lamp-like lights I was suddenly noticing everywhere. It was a relief to get back to a floor clear of plants, not having to be so careful where I placed my feet. I dumped the wood in a pile next to the now-lit fire.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry it's been so long since I posted last, been busy over Christmas :S
That night she drew her swan breath in a bed
Made soft with all her razor blades,
That kissed her wrists with the romance you lacked.
As the hands that you’d kissed now dealt the trades

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:39 pm
Sins says...

Xavier ap Ganthi -- Loner

I may have been wearing a pair of shoes, but they did everything but give my feet any form of comfort. I may as well have been wandering bare foot. The longer I walked, the harder the ground felt under my poorly covered feet. Clenching my jaw, I pulled myself onwards. At the moment, I was following the first party. In all honesty, I didn't trust myself to follow the path on my own.

I greatly wished the party would stop for sleep already. I hadn't had any form of sleep in days, so the mere thought of it made my eyelids droop. After walking for another long while, my wish appeared to be granted. The group stopped, discussing something I could not make out. Once they began collecting logs, it was clear to me that they were stopping for the night. Perfect. So long as I was close enough to see them, but not close enough for them to spot me, I would have been fine.

As some people from the party began collecting items from the forest, I found myelf a good spot near where they were stopping. I threw my stuff out of my bag, not bothering to place anything neatly. The cold - something that was all too familiar to me - was nipping at my body, making me eager to get the sleeping bag I was given. I sat down on the dirty floor, shoving a few leaves out of the way as I collected the items I'd just emptied out of my bag.

I picked up my water bottle to realise that it was empty. I must have drank it all during the walk here. Darn it. There appeared to be a stream ahead, so I'd have to fill it up with that. I couldn't do that now though; there were some people from the first party at the stream, so I'd have to fill it up when they were asleep. The last thing I wanted to do was draw attention to myself.

"Ow!"

What was that? Something had just pinched me. I slapped my neck, only to bring my hand down to see my bare palm. It was red, but not with an insects blood, just with cold. What in The Lord's name? I glanced around me to see nothing but the tall trees and their crippled leaves which had fallen to the ground. Another pinch. A quiet giggle followed.

This time, I spotted a blue light on the ground beside one of the trees in the distance. I squinted, attempting to discover what it was. The light drew closer to me, allowing for me to realise that it wasn't merely a light. Was it...? Was it a fairy? As the creature neared me, I began noticing more blue lights amongst the tree trunks, some brigher than others. The fairy stood still in front of me, smirking.

"Be gone," I mumbled, shooing it with my hand.

The fairy did nothing but laugh, imitating my hand gesture. I'd heard of these creatures before, but never seen them with my own eyes. I didn't care much for them. It's body was a pale blue colour, and the creature itself appeared to be glowing. Its wings were striking, reaching quite far above its small head. Its features were soft with a pair of deep aqua coloured eyes below its forehead. I shrugged and smiled. It would have made one attractive woman.

While I pulled out some food, the fairy simply stayed in its place in front of me, doing nothing but grinning. It was rather distracting. There was something else though, something about the creature that made me weary of it. I didn't trust it. Locking that thought into the back of my mind, I continued eating my food, keeping my eye on the fairy as I did so.

"I'm watching you," I muttered to it, biting into some bread.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:07 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Raksha Jezebel Party one!
I sat cautiously on the ground keeping my eyes on the small blue lights glowing under certain plants I found a patch of ground large enough for myself and Rayven to get our rest for the night. "If no one would mind I would like to take an extra precaution we could all take turns keeping watch?" I suggested hoping that my voice didn't betray my uneasiness. "Why? What is it Raksha?" Aikan asked worriedly. I gritted my teeth but when I spoke my voice was anything but hostile. "I don't trust these woods I feel... exposed." I replied hesitantly.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:59 am
Jashael says...

I know Tiggie said that the horses are to be given after two days, but I kept on wondering why everybody else was on horse. Must have I been away for too long? *pouts* Anyway, I'll give my character a horse. I hope that's fine? :p Bug me if you want me to edit this. =)

Avighal Ye'Sheal|Party Two

"Why would we shy away from the honor finding this Ruby will surely give us?"

That was what I'd said to the Prince when he told us that if anyone would want to leave, he or she should do as he or she pleased, without any shame.

"I sounded so brave," I whispered to myself, firmly holding the map in my hand. I was surprised, and delighted, that the Prince had given me the map for the group that I was in. It felt an honor. I looked at it. After lining up with everyone else who was joining the quest, I'd known everything I had to know; because I'd asked anything I needed to know--and wanted. I smiled to myself. Pathetic. Asking about Prince Duma was simply pathetic. Prince Laridail must have taken the wrong impression of my asking; his smile had looked uneasy when I did.

Looking around, I sighed heavily, giving out everything my chest held: fear, excitement, wonder. The fields were long gone. We were now in a city. The sun was too bright, even the mere reflection of its rays were burning my eyes. I let my bangs fall over my eyes. Our trail was straight ahead--not much zigzagging.

"So--who feels like talking?" a voice asked.

I turned around to see a young man riding a horse like all of us. He was quite behind me. I squinted to have a better look. He had brown, hair, quite long, for a boy. He seemed young--maybe he was my age (thought that wouldn't be so evident). When he noticed that I had looked at him, even though no one had answered, he talked again, gaining my attention. Looking at me, he said, "Wanna talk?"

He didn't seem to mind the silence everyone was giving him. People simply ignored him. Didn't that embarrass him?

I smiled. "Do you speak when you're bored?"

"Well--what else is there to do?"

I laughed and opened the map to check it for the first time. But when I was about to spread it and flat it on the horse's mane, he interrupted me. "You play the violin?"

Without looking up at him, I answered, "Yes" and went on with the map.

<TIGGIE: I will edit this part. Please PM me about what the map looks like. Hahahahahaha...>

"Umm--do you like playing the violin?"

"Yes."

"Are you good at it?"

"Quite."

"What kind of music do you like to play?"

This time I rolled the map and held it up to my chest. I looked back at the boy; he had kept up pace with me. I noticed that a bow crossed against his back, the arrows fixed in a bag. I asked him, just to see if questions would irritate him, "Do you use a bow and an arrow?" I smirked.

"Obviously." He smirked back. "Though it's quite a shame why my parents didn't want me to use it--you know--in real life adventure, real life battle. They think I'm too young! Pffft... But I'm already seventeen--" So he was my age. "--Talk about being overprotective, eh?" He laughed.

I sighed. So that was how he wanted me to react with each question he had asked.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
— Albus Dumbledore