z

Young Writers Society

The Roamers Inn.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:40 am
chopsticksxkill says...

It's an Inn for Roamers. In the middle of the wood. There is a fireplace in the back, two round wooden tables with chairs and a counter with a young woman behind it, willing to buy anything you want to rid of.

Jezaret walked into 'the Roamers Inn' it looked nice inside and it was fairly warm considering it was pouring rain right outside in the middle of the forest. As she made her way to the counter with her head held high something caught her eye; a creepy mysterious man. He was wearing a very dark burgundy cloak and he was muttering something sinister. Jez decided she would probably check it out later. She looked up to see a mouse looking woman behind the counter, her face was greedy and you could tell she didn't want money- nor food. Just random things collected from other people. She craved new things. Craved used things. She craved.. Random things from outsiders. Jezaret just looked back at her, green eyes glaring into those mouse brown eyes. "I need money, Wren." Because as a matter of fact, Jezaret had been there more than once, and Wren just happened to be her half sister.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Idraax says...

First Stix, welcome to YWS! Second can you make your text bigger? It's hard to read.

Wolf walked into the inn and looked around. There was a woman talking to, what he assumed to be, the proprietor. He walked up to the counter and waited until the conversation was done.
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

Random avatar

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:20 pm
chopsticksxkill says...

Jezaret sold random things she had been carrying. Wren pushed back her mousy, flat brown hair and stood back; "well, well, Jezaret. I never thought I'd see you again." The green eyes snapped back to the dead, lifeless brown and glared, hard. "I do not care for your games today, Wren." Having to speak through clenched teeth hurt a bit. Jez gathered the golden coins and tossed four at Wren. "I need to stay for a night." Wren cracked a smile and picked up the golden coins. Her smile was crooked. "Oh, dear sister. You may not need to pay. You have my blood." Jezaret recollected her coins and glared at her sister, "Only half." She said as she disappeared behind a wall- where the bedrooms were.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:06 am
Idraax says...

The proprietor turned to him. Wolf set a small compass down on the table. It was edged with gold, contrasting the dark wood that the rest of the compass was made of, and had a small, silver needle turning in circles. "I need to know how much this is worth."
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:12 am
View Likes
EccentricityAside says...

They had told him it would be around here, in this area. And here it was.
Didn't look like much, just like any other cottage he might stumble upon in the woods. A brooding, mysterious aura was the only thing that seperated it from any other humble home. That, and that it wasn't a home at all.
The door creaked open with a much louder sound than Will would have like. He cringed, not excpecting the other two pairs of eyes that watched him.
It was surprisingly crowded for a shop stranded in the middle of a thick woods. There was a scent in the air, a hanging, viscous odor of musty smoke and damp wood.
He shuffled up to the counter with as much confidence as he could muster, clearing his throat to get the attention of the pawner.
"I, uh, have a ware you may be interested," he mumbled, his confidence dwindling by the second, replaced by his former nervous fear.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:25 pm
Andie says...

Hearing the voices from his room at the back of the inn, Darius slowly slipped out of the bed and down the hall to take a peak. Would it be Isaac, back again with another assignment? He hoped not, but men of his profession didn't have the luxury of hope. As he was about to take a glance a small brown haired woman with angry eyes stormed past him and into a room, slamming the door behind her as if she were ten. His only reaction to her little outburst was a raised eyebrow. Trying again, he slowly peeked over the door jam and saw two dark men (one seemed to be strong and confident while the other was trembling slightly) talking to Wren. So much for a good night's sleep . . .
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
David Herbert Lawrence

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:34 pm
alabasterwolveness says...

-A young girl with long white flowing hair weakly walks through the woods, hurting badly for she was just in a fight for her life. Knowing she had to rest somewhere, her gold eyes slowly rest upon the Inn. Stammering towards it, she coughs up much blood. Whiping her mouth she weakly walks in. She pulls out some money she had left, her finger nails painted the colour of gold as her long tail sways behind her. Ears and tail like a wolves slowly appears as she had entered the light. Both white, her ears blending into the color of her long white hair. She glances at the wolf, then weakly sits down. Looking around in her pockets for money that she could spend the night here for to rest.-
~Lady Death~
Down in the dark, alone at night. Bleeding and Torn... Broken in the light

Reviews: 2
Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:09 pm
MissPenelopeLane says...

Thalia grunted softly as she walked into the inn. The Healer's Guild wasn't what she wanted in life. Sure, being a healer made her better than the people who made fun of her, but it wasn't the way for her to live. Perhaps she would live off of the land, serving more as a heal for hire rather than someone who's whole life is devoted to healing. Maybe she could do some farming on the side. Healing could get boring when it was all you did all day every day.

A couple bits of her pure white hair stuck out from under her white hooded cloak. Her lips were covered in a white lipstick, and her eyes were deep brown, providing contrast from all the white she wore. Like all of the clothes she wore her robes were plain and white, a few patches of dirt could be seen here and there; all those patches had been gathered from traveling, and she could tell you where she got it.

When she walked into the inn to find a tired looking woman sitting next to a wolf. Maybe she needs my help... she thought as she stared at the woman. Then again, I came here to leave the life of healing... She sighed weakly. Aw fiddle-sticks, I can't leave someone in need. It goes against all my training in the way of The Light.

She tapped the young girl next to the wolf n the shoulder gently. "Hello, ma'am," she said in her softest and sweetest voice. "My name is Thalia Swiftwind, and I am a servant of the will of The Light. You look fatigued, is there anything I could heal for you, today?" She smiled brightly at her as she had been trained to do so.
Do you want Peace, Love, and Happiness?
~Good, because so do I.
Before you can do that, you must do one thing.
~Imagine ALL the people.
That or sit on the couch eating nachos.

...Let's just do that.

42 Reviews

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:43 pm

-The young girl slowly looks up at the lady. She shakes her head, not speaking for a moment. She begins to think why the young madien wanted to help her.- Why... Il be fine, I just am looking for a few dollars to stay at the inn. If not then Ill go sleep outside like Ive been doing for the past week now. I can manage on my own, but thank you for the offer.
~Lady Death~

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:03 am
MissPenelopeLane says...

Thalia frowned and shook her head. "If you will not accept my healing, than perhaps you will take my coin." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a dull brown sack. When she opened it she frowned at how little she had. Without much hesitation she handed three silver pieces to the girl. "It's not much, but it should buy you a bit of food and a room for the night."
~Good, because so do I.
~Imagine ALL the people.

...Let's just do that.

42 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:43 pm

-The girl slowly nods, knowing she was about to throw up blood soon. She took the coins hurried to the desk and then to her room. As soon as she got there, she threw up more blood. The white wolf watches her, whining sadly.-
~Lady Death~

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:18 pm
MissPenelopeLane says...

Thalia sighed and leaned against the bar, ordering herself a drink. With that coin gone out of her pocket she wouldn't have enough for herself. A small curse passed her lips. Now she had to make some coin. Oh well, with skills like she had it wasn't hard.

She walked over to a vacant table and hopped up on top. "Listen good, and listen well! Bring forth to me all thine injuries and in an instant I will make you feel as good as if you have never been injured!"
~Good, because so do I.
~Imagine ALL the people.

...Let's just do that.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:14 pm
PixieStix says...

Selene-

Short shorts; ripped, halter thats dark purple. Long bleach blonde ringlets. Has boots with a gun, and knife inside it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I walk inside, I smile as everyone looks at me.

"I'll get a whiskey and 3 shots of grey goose."

"how do I know your old enough?" the bartender asked.

I grinned and took out my knife and gun. "Does this answer your question?"

He nodded scared. I laughed.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:57 pm
Rianne says...

The portal opened and she stepped through, erasing all traces of herself as she vanished.
Last edited by Rianne on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
the gap between theory and practice is bigger in practice than in theory.

"no I will not move your planet! what do you want me to move your planet for?"
daraine,
A Wizard Abroad
diane duane

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:49 pm
EtCetera says...

Iano Shadowstep. [Dark eyed. Fair faced. Dark hair - jaw length, straight. Human. Wears dusky grey tunic and breeches and a black cloak with black boots and gloves. Openly wears a rapier at his left hip and a kukri at his right.]

After walking in from the mist, I had taken a seat in a shadowy corner on the floor near the fireplace, unseen by the current occupants. A woman in white was shouting something from a tabletop, something about healing those who needed it. "Shouldn't need any healing," I muttered. "If your hands aren't fast enough to keep yourself defended, your feet shouldn't be able to carry you quickly enough to get away." Shortly following her abrassive address of all occupants, a scantily clad, blonde woman came striding through the open door, smiling at all of us. "She's fair and fairly pretty..." I thought to myself. She sauntered saucily up to the bar and asked for her drinks... a whiskey and three shots of grey goose, if my ears served me rightly. The barman looked at her doubfully and asked if she was of age. Her smile turned a little too sweet as she reached for a revolver from a holster on her right boot and a knife from her left boot. "Not like she had any other places to put those." As she bent over to retrieve them, I stood and slipped over to the bar on her left side, knowing she meant some trouble. As she straightened, grinning and threatening the barman, I padded next to her and swiftly slammed the palm of my hand into the pommel of her knife, sending it point first into the wooden ceiling. As she turned to face me, I caught her slender wrist with my gloved hand, sufficiently stopping her from shooting.
"You seem to be a little to pretty of a lady to be threatening with these kinds of things," I say, allowing a slight grin to show on my face. "What's your name, blondie?"

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
— Noam Chomsky