z

Young Writers Society

Children of Gods

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:43 am
retrodisco666 says...

Judith

A got a painful knock on my side to find a girl apologising next to me. She looked distressed and angry, I wanted to dearly to exploit it, make her frantic, but I resisted.
"It's fine," I said calmly. She just stood there arkwardly. After a long pause I asked,
"Where were you rushing off to?" An idea started to crawl against the fringe of my mind, but it was too soon to tell, but a possiblity regardless.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:32 pm
Sunshine says...

~Lilia~

"I-"
The old lady was slyly looking at me. I shiver. Her aura was slowly overcoming mine. She was only a slight bit off from the rest of them. I edge my body toward them.
"Tell me," the old lady commands with a cold voice.
I feel frozen to the spot. She's one of them. a voice inside reminds me. You wanted this right?
"I've been looking for you."
The old lady relaxes.
"Me?"
"N-no. All of You."
I motion toward the group. The ladies eyes go wide and she raises her hand, as though to cast a spell. I flinch.
"what do want from me," i ask, but it sounds like a wimper.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

333 Reviews

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:50 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Judith

Her whimper made my stomach turn.
"I have two questions child. . . How did you find out about us? and which do you seek?" I asked.
"Erm. Erm, .. " She stumbled over her words. She kept stumpbling.
"Who do you seek," I demanded. Still nothing just more fumbling.
"Do you know fears are the most powerful thing above all else." She stopped stumbling, she looked at me dead straight. A glint of curiousity peering at the edge of her eye.
"My questions still stand," I said. I knew she was going to answer, this time.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

131 Reviews

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:56 pm
Sunshine says...

~Lilia~

"I'm not sure."
I straighten up. I knew that answer would not satisfy her.
"I had a..."
"A what?" she dares me.
"A dream. That told me about six gods. It told me all you were here. You ARE one of them right?"
She studies me and I feel regreat for being so brave. I didn't know which one she was. It could be a great mistake.
"Why did you come?"
"I...I...I...don't know."
I shifted my weight from foot to foot. Why did I come. That dream...it was...was...speechless... The lady narrowed her eyes at me.
"Who are you?"
"My name is Lilia Hovely. Pure mortal. You are?"
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

333 Reviews

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:14 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Judith

How could she know. Dreams were powerful, very powerful and for her to know, must mean that she was destined to carry on. She stood their patiently as I pondered wether to tell her or not.
"Judith Melbourne. Goddess of shadows, moon and fate," I said honestyl and bluntly. She was taken aback. Her mouth formed words but were followed by no sounds.
"Really?" She finally whispered.
"Yes," She looked at me doubtly. " I can show you," Her eyes gleamed with the thought.
"How?" she asked full of excitement.
"Fate would be the obvious choice,"
"Go on then," She said determined. She was now trying, a skill I enjoyed seeing. I nodded towards a couple walking hand in hand. The girl with a diamond engagment ring.
"Watch," I smiled. I pointed at her and she looked on expectantly. The girl stopped in the middle of the street. We saw her breaking up with him, she took the ring off and put it in his hand and then walked off.
"Have I proved myself enough now?" I asked, she slowly nodded in awe.
~Francoise Sagan

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:20 pm
Cspr says...

K.J. Abate:

I wander around the streets for a a half hour before I return to my grungy apartment. I don't really know what else to do but hope the fact I was probably hallucinating today will go away.

I sigh and kick off my shoes as I step in, just barely shutting the door behind me. I feel tired, but I'm not sure why.

((Dunno...))
My SPD senses are tingling.

131 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:51 am
Sunshine says...

~Lilia~

That woman...she just...I shook, whether from amazment or fear and nodded slightly.
"What now?" I ask her.
She watches the breaking apart couple for a bit before shrugging. Why did she trust me? She was all powerful, the godess
of shadows,moon, and-well-fate. Who would have the heart to do that? The couple, I mean. Every muscle in my body turns to flee but the woman turns and meets my eyes. I cannot move.
"what know? Maybe you should tell me that dream teller."
I shake my head, hair flying everywhere.
"I-I can't. The dream only told me to come here," I bow my head," there's not much else I know.'
Her eyes look me over.
"Not MUCH else?"
That fear rockets through me.
" It was foggy ok! Just. Tell me what. To. Do."
Her eyebrow rises and I shrink back before trying to stand my ground.

---The Book Thief---

333 Reviews

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:10 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Judith

What to do? We gods knew why we were here, we knew our time was almost up, that we needed to pass on our powers, but did the girl truly want them. I could use her, help her to rectify my mistake. She had such a pure heart, it made me sick, but it could help.
"You know my powers aren't just evil," I said firmly. She gave me a sceptical look.
"Oh my god, my baby!" A woman screamed, everyone turned to see to blue pram steam down the hill into on coming trafic. The timing today was perfect, maybe it was meant to be, I smiled at the irony.
"Watch girl," She stared at the pram at the cars speeding by. Suddenly with a click of my fingers every single car stalled and stopped, and the pram slowed to a stop. I glanced out of the corner of my eye to see her open mouthed. I smiled smugly, she couldbe the one.
~Francoise Sagan

131 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:51 am
Sunshine says...

~Lilia~

Judith studied me with eyes that could see through anything. I stood, gaping, at the woman with her child in her arms.
"T-that was great."
I wonder if she could fix what had happened at that party those years ago. Shake it off, Lilia. Nobody can change that now. I turn back to Judith, forcing a weak smile.
"You-You've proved your point."
Judith doesn't say anything just gives a slight, happy, nodd. A shiver went down my spine. She looked weaker than they did in the dream. Did that mean that...No that can't be... I force my head from those thoughts and ask Judith:
"So...I guess we better head over with the rest of them."
"That may help," she mused.
I take a step in the direction before my thoughts stop me. Again.
"Are they all like you?"
"What do you mean by that?"
"Power wise. Pers-"
I shrug off the last part. I didn't need to offend her.

---The Book Thief---

333 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:48 am
retrodisco666 says...

Judith

I let out a heavy sigh.
"Dear, have you noticed that they are all together and I am seperate?" The realisation dawned on her like the first sunrise ever.
"They don't like me, i made . . . " I stopped, i didn't know the correct word.
"Mistakes," She finished.
"Yes, and some were afraid, you see, I could see things they did not want me to see. They may be gods, but they still have emotions and fears," She nodded. She stood there her eyes twitching between the group of people and me.
"What is your facination with water?" I asked, she was taken aback.
"How did you know that?"
"I told you, I can see things."
"I do-don't know," Silence between us. Her eyes began to twitch again. She turned to face me fully as she opened her mouth to ask a question.
~Francoise Sagan

131 Reviews

Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:35 am
Sunshine says...

~lilia~
"What else-"
I stop. I'd be rude to ask her a question without fully answering hers.
" I grew up by the sea. went out everyday of the summer. We have a past, that's all really."
She nodds, although she understands.
"What did you do exactly?"
Judith's eyes darken.
"My dear, that is not of your concern."
A shiver goes up my spine. Whatever she did it was bad. REALLY bad.
"Have you always had the sight?"
"Err... Is that what you call it? I mean... I always new when things were gonna happen. The Dream was the biggest. It was just..."
"Say no more. We don't need to rush this."
The gleam in her eyes told me she had something in store for me.
"JUDITH!"

That would be any other god. I thought it was time.

---The Book Thief---

I love her dearly, but I can’t live with her for a day without feeling my whole life is wasting away.
— Miss Kenton, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro