z

Young Writers Society

The school of the seven *Starting*

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:11 pm
Tigersprite says...

Mortimer

Huh. It must have been the lingering thought of Fire's singing that had distracted me. I retrieved my scimitar from the ground carefully, watching her as I did so. She wasn't defending herself yet, so I grabbed it and attacked. She was ready though. She blocked and I skipped back; we circled each other.

'You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?' she said, grinning at me. I smiled and lunged again. This time, she was ever so slightly off-guard. She only blocked at the last minute, and so didn't have time to block my next blow. With a clatter, one of her katanas fell to the ground as I dislodged it from her hand.

Fire grinned at me. 'I guess that was a fluke,' she said. I laughed, one of the few times this week. And then before I could reply, Patch's angry shouting reached my ears.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:25 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Fire
Mort and I shared a worried look and without saying a word ran out of the gym side by side. I saw Patch shouting at the new kid from the gist of it Jacob had stolen Patches food. I hissed under my breath as Jacob walked away I walked up to Patch and smacked him on the arm. "Ow! What the heck?!" He said rubbing his arm. "Do you have a death wish? He is going to maim you." I hissed. "You got that right." Jacob shouted over his shoulder. I turned to him. "Allez faire vous vous taire?!" I shouted. He chuckled darkly and walked away. I turned back to Patch. "Look if you call this off I'll buy you enough candy to last you a week." I said calmly. "No." Patch said firmly. I sighed time to turn on the charm. I widened my eyes and bit my lip in the innocent oh so cute way that seemed to drive the guys crazy. "Please Patch I can't stand to see you get hurt?" I begged widening my eyes even more. He seemed shaken. "I-i'll think about it." He said shakily then walked off. I sighed and rolled my neck. I looked at Mort and caught him staring at me. "Let's get back before Griffin has a cow." I said calmly pretending not to notice. He nodded and we started to walk back.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:27 pm
Roadnevertravelled says...

I quit, sorry, i'm doing to many storybooks and i don't think i can contribute well to this one.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reviews: 4
Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:00 am
TanazMasaba says...

Any one mind if I join (what a stupid question!!)

Anyways I'm taking hope. Profile coming up soon :D

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 pm
Winchester says...

I walked into the gym, to see Fire walking out, and that new kid Jacob inching towards Patch.

"OI" I shouted, they turned to look at me.

Jacob stared at me, wrath, I thought.

"Food back! NOW!" I told Jacob, he shook his head

I walked up to him, looked at him, eyes pleading.

"Food Back!" I shouted in his face.

He handed me the food.

And walked out.
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm
retrodisco666 says...

The kid thought he had won, but in reality I had only given him wrappers. I was half way out the door when an annoucment blared out over the room.
"All students report to the hall as a matter of urgency. there has been a murder." Gasps filled the hall around me. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the hall
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:19 pm
Shearwater says...

Patch

I kept thinking how weird Fire was...the way she stared at me made me get goosebumps.
However, my train of thought was abruptly taken to Jacob who was handing over some wrappers. I began marching over there until the announcement blared of some sort of murder. Quickly, I looked around and spotted Mort and the others. They looked at me and we all headed towards the gym.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

12 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Fire
For no reason at all I started singing bored out of my mind "Sometimes I am standing alone
waiting for happiness
But people tell it won't come
They console me...
At that way days pass
I as a woven doll,
with tears of angel without winks
I live fiction waiting for prince
since I was a child

Sometime someone
but sometime no one
I wait day to spring up
When I turn around
everything is the same
While waiting pain to stop
I mean I am strong at least that little
I rise when I foll
But there is no one
I am alone on my own

When I can't I can't anything more
When I don't know then just can't anymore
They tell life runs fly along
When life weighs fly along
They tell take all because life won't give more

I look at clock happiness is late
Again, again and again
I don't know how when I don’t have with who
And don’t have where to go
I can’t because I am afraid that tomorrow I’ll fall alone

Sometime someone
but sometime no one
I wait day to spring up
When I turn around
everything is the same
While waiting pain to stop
I mean I am strong at least that little
I rise when I fall
But there is no one
I am alone on my own

When I can't I can't anything more
When I don't know then just can't anymore
They tell life runs fly along
When life weighs fly along
They tell take all because life won't give more." I sang and got some scattered applause I blushed and mock bowed. "Merci." I said straightening up smiling a few people smiled at me and we walked into the gym. "What did you think?" I asked Mort walking backwards.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Tigersprite says...

Mortimer

Fire looked at me, awaiting a response.

'You...you aren't bad.' I couldn't say it. I couldn't. Not twice in a row. But Fire only laughed.

'Don't want to look like a nice guy, hmm Mort?' She laughed again. I smiled, then caught myself. And then I smiled again. And caught myself again when I saw fire grinning at me.

Everybody was rushing towards the hall, all ears alert at that word, 'Murder'. I saw Patch glaring at Jacob, it was a good thing Fire had stopped their fight earlier. Else there'd probably be another murder.

The hall was full when we got there, all the juniors and seniors and all the staff were crammed into the now-too small space. The Headmaster stood on the podium; hands outstretched to keep everyone quiet. But that was next to impossible. Everybody was talking and whispering: one Year 7 was so eager to know that he nudged me in the hope that I had information. He literally shrank under my glare.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 pm
retrodisco666 says...

"Students!" she yelled from the front of the hall. "We have had a horrible monster amoungst out presence." Muttering broke around the crowd. I yawned and put my feet up agianst the back of that mort kids chair.
"Our beloved teacher, Mr Durns. . ." silence left her lips.She picked up her composure and finished. "Murdered."
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

12 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Fire
I glared at Jacob and shoved his feet down. His feet slammed on the ground and the kid next to him jumped. He glared at me and I smiled blithely back my eyes narrowing into my own glare. "You shouldn't have done that." He hissed. "You should have more respect." I snapped back and he looked surprised that I had the gall to speak to him in such a way. "Fire let it go." Mort said insistently. I sighed and rolled my neck then faced forward. "You will be taken out of your classes one by one to be questioned by a detective." Vitol said then we were dismissed and went back to our last class. "Thanks." Mort said quietly. I looked at him and smiled.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat