z

Young Writers Society

Just Be Yourself (Accepting)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:24 am
Kaywiia says...

Just Be yourself

Being yourself has never been harder than it is in today's society with the constant pressure to fit that 'perfect' image put in magazines and on adds. Even here, on YWS, we all have the tendencies to play perfect characters, to want to be the girl every guy loves, or the toughest guy.

Well, people aren't perfect. And this SB is about to put an end to 'SB perfection'.

Because you are going to play yourself. That's right, one of the first storybooks where you get to be yourself.

School has just started at Ridgvale high, and you're attending. Any additional plot line things are up to you. What grade are you in? What is your life like? How about your social status? Now's the time to just be yourself in writing, and have a blast doing it!

Name: (nickname or real name. just first name though)

Apearance/Picture: (if using a picture, find something online that looks like you)

Grade:

Personality:

Social Group/Standing:

Likes/dislikes:

Quirks/Weaknesses:

Strengths/Talents:

Theme Song:

Up For Love?:

Other:
Last edited by Kaywiia on Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

42 Reviews

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:42 am
Kaywiia says...

Name: Kay

Apearance/Picture: She's tall, at 5'8'', and had a thin build.
Spoiler! :

Grade: Junior

Personality: It varies, and some people would say she's bipolar. Sometimes, she's fun, silly and a little ditzy. Kay can be a real comedian, and a little spontaneous. Othertimes, she is more quiet and reserved, and quite sad. When she gets like this she will lash out at people or wont talk at all. She's witty, and can have a serious attitude at times. Very self confident, and intelligent. Inside, she has a sort of inner battle always going on between what she wants and what people want for her. That battle is the reason why she is upset.

Social Group/Standing: she's one of the Drama Freaks

Likes/dislikes:
Likes- fire, coffee, chocolate, flowers, walks in the forest, hot guys
Dislikes- stalkers, stupid people, people with huge egos, tea

Quirks/Weaknesses: She can be really mean, and says things sometimes that can really hurt people. She is a hypocrite a lot of the time, and can be a bit of a show off. She likes being the center of attention, and sometimes makes an idiot of herself to get there. She is stubborn. Also, Kay has ADD.

Strengths/Talents: She is a good singer, dancer and actress (she's best at dancing). She can ride a unicycle, and plays piano and a bit of guitar. She plays volleyball and is quite strong. She is worldly,and has moved around a lot, and also happens to be good at keeping positive.

Theme Song: Demi Lovato - Believe in Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQatX_y9Rjw

Up For Love?: heck, yes

Other:Addicted to coffee, to the point it's not even funny.
Last edited by Kaywiia on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:46 am
SisterItaly says...

Name: Emmy/Emaly

Apearance/Picture:
Picture0032.jpg

Grade: 9

Personality: I had ish do it for me, because I can hardly get my emotions straight...
You seem to care immensely about your friends. You're a bit sensative, but that's not really a bad thing. You're persistant, and you don't like to worry people with your problems. You're romantic, stubborn...(all good things as far as I'm concerned xD) -Love you isha, love you xD

Social Group/Standing: I hang with the seniors, well some of 'em. Close friends of mine for a while.

Likes: Writing, reading, outdoor activities, singing *although I'm not very good at it anymore*
Dislikes: Trying to learn guitar, perverts, guys who aren't close friends, drama queens, French class.

Quirks: Often taps a pen to my face while sitting and reading, I walks and read at the same time, don't pay attention, am prone to falling.
Weaknesses: I can't swim well, run fast, lift heavy objects, fight, and often hide from my fears.

Strengths: English class *surprise surprise*, listening and offering advice, staying out of fights.
Talents: My epic dance skills, Creative *ish made me put this one*

Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J7UPSh2Xxw

Up For Love?: Nope, I got a boyfriend.

Other:
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:46 am
GrantBlayfur says...

Name: Garrett

Apearance/Picture: ((Will post picture soon))

Grade: Freshman

Personality: Almost certantily bipolar. Goes between the fun-loving guy who is super nice to the semi-emo guy who hates everybody and everything that isn't his way. Mildly sadisitic and tyrannical towards friends, enemies, and random passerby. Extremely intelligent, Garrett likes to analyze people's actions and words during class and try to guess what kind of person they really are on the inside.

Social Group/Standing: One of the main 'Kings' of the popular nobodies - the people that most everyone knows about, but who stay in the background and let the actual popular kids be the most well-known. If that makes sense. Hangs out with the band geeks, losers, and video game addicts.

Likes/dislikes:
LIKES: Getting his way, intelligent conversation, band, computers, being the guy who makes the jokes in class
DISLIKES: Not getting his way, stupid conversation, stupid people (and by stupid, he means anyone who isn't at least on par with his intelligence), homework.

Quirks: Taps his fingers to the open notes to Through the Fire and Flames (like on Guitar Hero, with all the notes coming down...yeah.) when he's bored, will talk to himself when he's bored, is bored a lot.

Weaknesses: Thinks waaaay to highly of himself. Is sometimes socially awkward to the point that he hurts people. Overly trusting.

Strengths/Talents: (oooh, boy, here we go with the narcissism...) Amazing musician, good with computers, smart, nice (when he's not a jerk :P )

Theme Song: Prisonerof Society by The Living End

Up For Love?: Yup, but you really gotta impress first.

Other: EDIT: High tolerance for pain. Natural charmer; can woo the ladies very easily.
Last edited by GrantBlayfur on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:45 am
FinalFreedom says...

This is an awesome idea! I guess I'll just put myself as senior, even though I've already graduated :wink:

Name: Michelle

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Grade: 12/Senior

Personality: Somewhat outgoing but also standoffish; has the tendency to be the quiet one of the group, but also has a great sense of humor and will often pick fun at her friends, completely jokingly of course. Michelle will often buy her friends things before she buys herself something, is completely giving, and a friend you can always count on.

Social Group/Standing: Part of the drama group, somewhat part of the party group.

Likes/dislikes: Loves writing (particularity stories and scripts), as well as directing/stage managing theater. Strongly dislikes self centered prissy girls, jocks, and "fake" people.

Quirks/Weaknesses: Weakness is that she is very emotional and easily let down, but puts too much trust in other people. One of her quirks is that she gets along better with boys than she does girls.

Strengths/Talents: Has an awesome talent in writing and directing, and her strengths are her ability to be selfless and always there for friends.

Theme Song: I Can't Outun You - Trace Adkins

Up For Love?: Sure, why not.

Other: Loves arguing. Don't get into an argument with her.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:59 pm
View Likes
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name: Hannah (Terms of endearment: Banana, Purple One)

Apearance/Picture:

Spoiler! :

Grade: Freshman/9

Personality: She's a bit sarcastic, but quirky more than anything. She's a music addict, and has more musical trivia and the like stored in her mind than the normal person. She's a sweet girl, and doesn't hesitate to give what she has to help. She's smart, bookwise, and rather slow in any other way. She's not confrontational at all, and hates arguments. She goes hard on herself a lot, and holds her grades in high esteem.

Social Group/Standing: She's often with the laid-back kids or the drama crew.

Likes/dislikes: Likes food in general, loves books and colored pens. She likes being both onstage and behind the scenes, and loooves purple things. Hates heat, humidity, bell peppers and mushrooms; loud people, and being called a prep or told to chill out.

Quirks/Weaknesses: She doesn't have strong stamina, and she's completely street-stupid. She can't fight worth spit, and doesn't vent negative feelings. CANNOT DANCE. She's got plenty of quirks- she prefers guys' shirts, she likes wearing tees with fancy skirts, she's randomer than random itself. Amongst others.

Strengths/Talents: She's determined, and will push herself to the ends of the world. She's very booksmart, and her skills at running away and dodging are phenomenal. She's there for anyone, anytime, and tries her best to offer good advice. She's aced almost every assignment in Theater since.... the dawn of time, and there's a reason. She ignores pain easily.

Theme Song: Sweet Disposition, by the Temper Trap.

Up For Love?: Nope. She is NOT. :smt001

Other: Parents are divorced, and she has a Scottie named Winston. Always wears a ponytail holder around her wrist.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:44 pm
View Likes
Winchester says...

Name: Chloe

Picture:
Meeeee.jpg
Meeeee.jpg (66.28 KiB) Viewed 455 times

Grade 7th i think...

Personality: Im the slightly crazy but clever one, i have diffrent personalities, i can be happy, upbeat and hyper one min and then can be angry, sad and depressed the next.
im quie intelegent at time...and have alot more common sense than some people.
Im also a music addict.

Social Group: abit of everything, exspet any that has to do with sport.

Dislikes: Fake people, Mushrooms, Dance Music.

Quirks: Can be very loud and talkative, abit desperate and sarcstic at times

Streanths: Singing and writing and creativness.

Theme Song: Avril Lavigne-Runaway

Up For Love: Yup
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:12 pm
MilkNCookies says...

oh- sorry. Meant to post this in another storybook. SORRRYYY!!!!!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

42 Reviews

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 pm
Kaywiia says...

One more then we'll start.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:32 pm
Winchester says...

can we just start? and let people join as we go along?
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:52 pm
Tigersprite says...

This sounds pretty cool! My second Storybook ever!

Name: Tiger

Appearance/Picture: About 5"4, black female, round face, black hair, brown eyes.

Grade: 10

Personality: Quiet, avid reader and aspiring writer, like drawing. Quiet unless around those she's comfortable with. Smart, not aggresive unless she gets into a fight, upon which she can handle himself.

Social Group/Standing: Not part of any group, keeps to herself and socializes with random people or else any other bookworm.

Likes/dislikes: Likes reading, writing, drawing, hockey, soccer, people-watching, the colour blue, chocoate, alternative music. Dislikes loud, obnoxious people, hip/hop and most pop music, stupid people, vegetables, dresses and skirts and all things pink.

Quirks/Weaknesses: Likes the smell of petrol, and as an avid tomboy dresses in boys clothes. Hates anything coming into contact with her ankles, save trousers or socks. Doesn't dance or sing.

Strengths/Talents: Great at drawing, hockey, writing. One of the best in English classes and Art class.

Theme Song: The Young And The Hopeless by Good Charlotte

Up For Love?: Depends on the person. She's having an epiphany of sexual identity, and isn't entirely sure if she's heterosexual.

Other: Parents are divorced and remarried. Is knowledgeable in random trivia.

TIGERSPRITE
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:30 pm
kidashka says...

This is quite odd ... yet I'm strangely compelled to join anyway.

Name: Jim

Apearance/Picture: 5'4"
Spoiler! :
moi aussi.jpg
moi aussi.jpg (54.48 KiB) Viewed 419 times

Grade: .... i don't understand this ^^" ... Senior?

Personality: This is the long version. Constantly seeking knowledge, often daydreaming or theorising. Sarcastic, emotional range of a spoon - don't coming looking for a shoulder to cry on. Quite scatty, usually late, often forgets things.

Social Group/Standing: On the geekier side of middle.

Likes/dislikes: Likes - drawing, reading, shoes, cake, loud music, COFFEE. Dislikes - slow-walking people, tea, feet,

Quirks/Weaknesses: Can't read analogue clocks, is always late (maybe these two are linked =_= ), very disorganised, poor at reading other people's emotions, little common-sense, finds it hard to say 'no'

Strengths/Talents: very clever :smt003 , can usually make others laugh, bounces back from things well, pretty determined

Theme Song: Seventeen Ain't So Sweet - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Up For Love?: I'll put yes, but seeing as the only boy so far is 14 I don't think it's going to work out D:

Other: None as yet. :smt003
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

42 Reviews

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:48 pm
View Likes
Kaywiia says...

Kay

I put my headphones into my ears, and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I quickly changed what was playing on my i-pod nano, and bobbed my head along with the song Popular.

I had to admit, today I felt pretty legit. Skinny jeans, wedgs and a top stright out of a magazine, plus the fact my hair was a co-operating. I felt pretty good, and there was an extra little swagger in my step. I already had great confident posture, the swing in my step was just a usual bonus on my good days.

As I aproached the bus stop, a thought came to my mind. If one of those-ugh-popular people that lived on my street asked me what song I was listening to (trying/pretending to be nice to me), I didn't want to have to admit I was listening to a show tune. That's what I got for living in one of the best area's in town, though, the torture of living next to those walking mindless airheads. So, as I aproached the bus stop, I changed the song to a Katy Perry, Teenage Dream.

I smiled at the popular people politely, and went to the place I usually stood with a bunch of the seniors who lived on my street. We had a huge bus stop, with almost ten people, and I had finally found my comfort with a few like-minded people. I tried to ignore the fact that one of them was a cheerleader.

Finally, the bus arived. Our driver was always late, and he made a point to be latest when it was raining or freezing cold. And he always had a smile on, as if he enjoyed driving us all crazy.

The bus pulled up at my school, and I went up the main staircase to my locker: 230-06. I grabbed the few books I needed for my morning classes, and then went ot my first class. Musical theater was my favorite class, and I got it in the mornings, so I was always in a good mood after that class. Recently we were working on monolouges, andI loved mine. It was about a stalker from the point of view of the girl who was being stalked. It was a really funny monolouge.

I took out my coffee, and took a sip. The bell rang, and I took my seat as the teacher said, "Okay everyone, pair up and start working on your monolouge,"

Reviews: 1
Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:59 pm
Dahanain13 says...

My first SB, so feel free to throw cold sick at me if I'm rubbish.

Name: Francesca, Frankie

Age: 11. 12 in 4 months 3 days (no, of course I'm not counting...)

Apearance/Picture: Dark red hair (naturally it's brown) that's straight (curly when I don't straighten it) about 3 inches of my shoulders, pale skin, green/red eyes (change colour), long fingers, 5ft2.

Grade: Year 7, but I have no idea what that is in America...

Personality: I'd say I'm a bit emo, a bit goth, I'm truly awful at comforting people, sarcastic, find things funny that nobody else does, I hate losing, will never admit when I'm wrong, hate reality (hey, fantasy is so much better), vegatarian, get bored easily, and never want to die.

Social Group/Standing: One of those people who has a small group of friends, and none of them really have a label or a social class, they're just there at the sidelines.

Likes/dislikes:
Reading (Fantasy, sci-fi)
Animals
Voodoo dolls
Dislikes:
Twilight
Rob Pattinson
Jedward
Justin Bieber
Popular girls
Teachers, but I think that applies to everyone

Quirks/Weaknesses: Bad at running/cross-country, have a huge collection of porcelain faeries (yeah, I'm weird), find it really hard to get rid of anything, really emotional

Strengths/Talents: Playing guitar, drawing, writing fantasy & sci-fi, listening to music (ok, it's not really a skill...).

Theme Song: Florence & the Machine - Howl. Or Adele - Daydreamer. Take your pick.

Up For Love?: Yeah, but I doubt anyone will be interested.

Other: Wish that boys understand what I'm saying when I insult them

-Frankie
"Are you holding my hat hostage?"
"Yes. Take me with you or I'll stand on it"

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:10 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

Garrett

I banged my head against the window of the car a couple times as my mom drove me to school. It hurt, but my mother wasn't paying attention to me and she needed to. But, like all good mothers, she ignored me as she pulled into the parking lot of the school. She was very considerate like that. "Bye sweety, have a good day!" She said.

I jumped out of the car and threw my backpack and sports bag over my shoulder. Another fun day of doing absolutely nothing in public school. Joy. How I loved Mondays.

My back ached from all my text books as I walked through the front doors of the school. Glancing around the commons, I looked for any of my friends. I couldn't find the foreign kid, I couldn't see the video game addict, and I couldn't spot the quiet giant. Another boring morning of hanging out in the band room, I suppose. But that didn't really matter, as first AND second period were band and I loved band. Gotta love band. Always love band. Band band bandbandband.

Throwing open the double doors to the band room, I looked to make sure no one was in there. Nope, just me. Perfecto! I sat down and pulled out my alto sax. Nope, too lazy to actually play anything. Oh well. That's how I work.

The doors creaked as they were pulled open. Someone else was coming in, but I couldn't quite tell who it was...

{NOTE: I'll leave that open to whoever wants to come in, or if no one does I have something that can happen. Also, what is the layout of the school? Bells? Class schedules? :P }

It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman