z

Young Writers Society

Diner

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 am
JMHudak says...

This will be a simply diner where when you write your post is what time of day it is.

You walk into the diner through an old squeaky door to see a sign saying 'seat yourself' and seats are available at a table, booth or at the counter. A woman at the counter says to you " Someone will be with you in a sec Hun" with a voice that could calm a screaming baby.
"life is too important to be taken seriously"- Oscar wilde

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:59 pm
Cspr says...

"Sure, of course they will," Cujo muttered. He slouched in his seat, shoulders hunching, before looking around. It was a decent place, a little cheesy and stuck in the 50s, but okay. He narrowed his gray-blue eyes anyway.

((Hello. Since I'm a non-alcoholic, this place sounded rather fun. XD ))
My SPD senses are tingling.

Random avatar

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:00 am
JMHudak says...

"what can i get ch'ya?" a raggedy teenage about 18 says brushing his long black hair out of his face revealing deep green eyes. " oh sorry, welcome to Courtney's diner im lucce (loo-se) ill be your server today may i take your order? our breakfast specials have just ended and lunch is just starting and id recommend the Pattie melt."

180 Reviews

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:22 am
Cspr says...

Cujo jumped, mildly surprised by the voice behind him. He turned around on the stool and eyed the guy in distaste, not happy with being spooked. "Nothing, for now," he said in a monotone.

The girl (Pye) glanced up and just giggled to herself. She'd seen the kid around school, Louis (otherwise known as Cujo). He was always breathing down somebody's neck and getting himself in trouble. This might be more fun than the Twilight parody book she'd been intending to read...

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:46 pm
Sunshine says...

I lean back in my chair, breathing a sigh of relief. This is the first time I haven't seen a monster in weeks. (She's from a demi-god SB. Won't bring that up though, promise.) I eye the diner. It was decently empty with only three people beside me. The waitress was talking to a was talking to a dark ragedy boy. Ick. Dark and ragedy. Waiting patientlly for the waitress to get to me, I start playing with rolls of light blond hair.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

180 Reviews

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:51 am
Cspr says...

Pye glances up to see the new girl. "Hi," she says, giving her a brief wave before getting out her book. She's bored of waiting...

Random avatar

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:42 am
JMHudak says...

The waiter goes over to the new arrival, " Hello my name is lucce and is there anything i could get for you ma'am? " he says.
" maybe coffee, tea, a soda perhaps. We also have a wide variety of foods if you look in your menu"

Random avatar

Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:52 pm
pirouette says...

I sit at the counter, staring down and sheake my head no. I havent been expecting anyopne since Julia died. She was my only friend. She was more then a friend. I gave her everything. And now shes gone. The light at the end of that damned tunnnel is gone.

"No...." I look into my reflection on the marble table. Finally seeing my somber reflection. My hair is matted and ratty. My face is dirty and forelorn. My eyes are depressing orbs leading to a black soul of nothing but sorrow.I look away, scared at what I see. What if I become the monster that Julias drunk ass fathher was.

"you want some coffe hun?"" her voice pulls me out of that deep, cold, violent trance that I seem to revert to regularly. I need a release. I need a knife. i need coffee.

i nod.
"Black," I say curtly.

She pours the cup, features consumed with concern. She stares at me for a moment. Opening her mouth to speak. "What happened to you?"

I look at her with mock sarcasm. I'd forgotten how to answer a question that terrible. My fragile, torn heart sinks into the black abyss of depression it seems to live in permanantly. I look at her, trying to find the words, to, tell, her what, I am. A monster. I can't mannage. I look back at my coffe. The blackness reminds me of how I felt when I heard she was gone. I burst into tears.

She looks at me, confused.

Random avatar

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:21 pm
JMHudak says...

"Honey" she says grabbing the newcomers hand try to comfort him. "everything is going to be all right, your safe here from whatever is bothering you"

Of course the memory of a shooting a couple years ago right across from her diner, the woman had made sure if you were in trouble and needed a safe place to rest you came into her diner.

She pushed the coffee towards the young man" drink it'll help, ill make you a burger, you look like you need something to eat" And with that she went to the kitchen and the sound of a patty hitting the grill was heard.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:44 am
EccentricityAside says...

A light ring, like the jangle of a door bell, brought Will to attention as he entered the diner. Startled, he stepped backwards only to activate the bell again. Will shuffled over to the order table, his cheeks flaming. He hung his head, his blushing only furthering his embaressment.
Excitement stirred his stomach as he eagerly scanned the menu above his head. Will was unaccustomed to eating out. Where he was from there weren't many resturants, let alone ones he could afford.
Glancing at the counter, he noticed there was a lack of cashier. What there was, however, was a little bell, liek he'd seen in movies. Reaching out a tentive hand, he struck the bell, hoping the waitress would hurry up and seat him, for his stomach was rumbling awful loud in protest.

Random avatar

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:51 am
JMHudak says...

" he there sir" the waitress said coming out of the kitchen. she set the burger infront of the other costomer and stepped infront of the new arrival.

" dont worry about your door incident it happens to everybody, most people that come here have something on their mind so it scares the living daylight out of most of 'em"She gestured him to the counter and gave him a menu with lunch and dinner meals on it. " i can make that or any breakfast food you can think of"

she looked over the young man, "And for your OTHER needs" she pointed to a 'help wanted' sign " i can help there too."

Random avatar

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:51 am
JMHudak says...

" he there sir" the waitress said coming out of the kitchen. she set the burger infront of the other costomer and stepped infront of the new arrival.

" dont worry about your door incident it happens to everybody, most people that come here have something on their mind so it scares the living daylight out of most of 'em"She gestured him to the counter and gave him a menu with lunch and dinner meals on it. " i can make that or any breakfast food you can think of"

she looked over the young man, "And for your OTHER needs" she pointed to a 'help wanted' sign " i can help there too."

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:00 pm
psudiname says...

the door opened, and a fourteen year old boy with messy blond hair stood in the doorway. Caleb entered the diner with a look on his face like he could be attacked at any moment. "I need... food. can I... have some?" he said awkwardly. he had clearly never been to a diner, and his english was choppy. it seemed as if he was surprised at the very words coming out of his mouth.
if anyone wants a review, post on my profile and I'll get to it in a couple days.

Random avatar

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:16 pm
JMHudak says...

The tall black haired teenage waiter looked up as the kid spoke, " sure' he gestured to a booth by the window "sit down ill be with you in a second". The waiter grabbed a notepad and a pen and walked over to the boy" are you okay, do you need to call your folks?"

the boy shook his head no.

"Well what would you like to eat, you name it i can make it, well almost. if you need a menu there at the other side of the booth"

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:51 pm
psudiname says...

"oh ok, thank you," said the boy. he sat down and after looking over the menu, he asked what a burger was. astounded, the waitress explained that it was beef on a bun, and told him the ingredients. Caleb then requested four of them, five orders of chicken fingers, and a milkshake. "can I have a container to carry them in also?" he asked, as if requesting this much food was perfectly normal.
if anyone wants a review, post on my profile and I'll get to it in a couple days.

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell