z

Young Writers Society

Blood Type (Open to all!)

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:26 pm
Lauren2010 says...

This is not your regular vampire storybook.

In 2008 a child was born with a strange genetic mutation. The child ate and drank normally, but what he was taking in could not sustain his body. The child fell terribly ill for being unable to gain nutrients from his food as well as a mysterious loss of blood in his body. It only appeared that blood transfusions gave him the energy he needed to perform daily tasks. Any sort of food did nothing for him. As more and more children were born and diagnosed with this condition, scientists began research. Several things were noted about how different these peope were:

-They craved blood, and only blood gave them the nutrients their bodies needed to suvive.
-Their canines (those teeth in your mouth that are more pointed than others, meant for ripping and tearing food) were longer and sharper than the regular human.
-Being in direct sunlight caused an even greater loss of energy than going too long without blood (it has been concluded that uv rays speed up the rate at which blood is lost to energy in the body).
-Due to an avoidance of sunlight, these people had a naturally paler skin color than the average human (but never anything particularly noticeable).
-The mutation causes a chemical imbalance in the brain, causing those affected to be more violent and easily angered.

The disease was titled Vampirism (after the similarities to vampires of legend).

Now, in 2030, there are many of these Vampires around the world. They try to live in normal society, many recieving weekly deliveries of blood from blood banks primarily set up for their needs. Unfortunately, not everyone is eager to accept Vampires.

There are two schools of thought on the disease. One is that it is just another illness easily managed with blood intake and that these people should be accepted into normal society. The other, and increasinly popular, is that these Vampires are dangerous and mutants and should not be allowed to live (several killings have occured at the hands of a desperate Vampire).

Blood banks are shutting down, Vampires are dying and resorting even more frequently to killing humans in order to survive, and laws are being passed in order to wipe out Vampires from existance.

You
You are either a Vampire or a Human. If you are a Human, you are either for or against Vampirism.

More About Vampirism
Familiarize yourself with the qualities of a Vampire above. There is just one more very important aspect.

With humans, if you recieve a type of blood in a transfusion that is not compatable your own then you will become very sick and likely die. The same goes for Vampires. If they ingest blood that is not compatable with their blood type then they will die.

A quick blood type lesson:
There are four basic blood types for the purposes of this story. A, B, AB, and O.
They are compatable with themselves (A with A, B with B, and so forth), but some are also compatable with eachother. AB is compatable with AB and A and B and O
A is compatable with A and O
B is compatable with B and O
O is only compatable with O
Therefore, there will likely be more AB Vampires still alive than O Vampires as it is much harder to find O blood for an O Vampire than AB, A, B, or O blood for an AB Vampire.
Here's a chart in case you get confused:

Additionally, Vampires tend to live together. Your characters may very well live with each other, but they can live alone if they please.

Character Sheet!
Name:
Age: (No one will be older than 22. It would be impossible. The first Vampire was discovered 22 years prior to the date of this story).
Species: (Human or Vampire)
Blood Type:
Side: (For Vampirism or Against)
Appearance:
Personality:
Brief History:

Rules!
-Regular YWS and Storybooking rules
-No god modding
-Cursing allowed, no descriptive sex scenes
-Please use appropriate grammar and spelling (use the spell check!)
-Please post frequently!
-Ask me or another writer if you have any questions/want to discuss plot/just want to talk. :)

The Link To The Discussion Thread!
Last edited by Lauren2010 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

541 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:30 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Name: Tom Gray
Species: Vampire
Blood Type: AB
Side: For Vampirism
Appearance: Tom has short dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He is muscular, and doesn’t shave as often as he should. He typically wears jeans and t-shirts (or the pale blue button up shirt he wears for his job).
Personality: Tom is insufferable. He does what he wants, whenever he wants, without any real care for the consequences. He believes that because he’s a Vampire he is privileged and should be given the blood he needs when he needs it. He’s relaxed and generally careless.
Brief History: Tom was the first person to be diagnosed with the Vampire gene. He’s lived with it his entire life, leaving his parents house as soon as he could to deal with it on his own. He now lives in a slum apartment with Tom.

Name: Peter Harving
Blood Type: O
Side: Against Vampirism (wishes there was a cure)
Appearance: Peter has shaggy brown hair and pale blue eyes. He isn’t very muscular only for lack of trying to be that way. He wears a lot of dark wash jeans and t-shirts, and is almost always wearing a black zipper jacket.
Personality: Peter is fed up with his disease, living with Tom, and having no real goals in his life. He doesn’t like killing people for their blood, and tries to leave them living, but has become desensitized to it by now. Peter tends to sulk around and doesn’t talk to anyone but Tom (and then only when he has to).
Brief History: Peter was diagnosed with the Vampire gene six months after he was born. He, like Tom, left the house as soon as he was able to (he craved the blood of his sister who shared his blood type. Tom takes care of Peter, making sure he gets the blood he needs, in exchange for Peter doing anything Tom asks of him.
Got YWS?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:32 pm
SisterItaly says...

Edit: on second thought nevermind
Last edited by SisterItaly on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:09 pm
Rydia says...

Not sure if I'm going to join yet, but just thought I'd add there are positives and negatives of each blood so the groups vary a little more.

Like O- is compatible with only O-
While O+ is compatible with O- and O+
Then A- is compatible with O- and A-
A+ is compatible with O-, O+, A- and A+
B- is compatible with O- and B-
B+ is compatible with O-, O+, B- and B+
AB- is compatible with all the negatives
And AB+ is compatible with everything. They can take blood from anyone at all.

Just thought I'd explain ^^

Oh and on second thoughts, I'll totally make a human if you're still short in a few days XD
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

541 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:00 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Kitty, yeah I know. It just seemed overly complex for a storybook. xD
Got YWS?

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:37 pm
Sassafras says...

I call a girl for blood type O- if that would be okay.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Reviews: 3
Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:02 am
Twitchy says...

I call Ree's little brother! Blood type B.
Life's to short to waste time thinking about tomorrow. Live for today and deal when the consequences when they get here!

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:29 am
*coco says...

Hi, Lauren! I hope this is okay

Name: Dmitri Collins
Side: For Vampirism (wants to help desperate vampires - trying to work on cure and a human blood alternative)
Appearance: Dmitri is tall, pale-skinned and has a handsome face. He has short brown curls, dark brown eyes, and has his ears peirced. He has a slim lean body. When he's not wearing his lab coat and goggles (when he's at university), or a suit and tie (when he's campaigning for vampire rights), he likes to dress in very simple, casual relaxed clothing (a pair of jeans and vest).

Spoiler! :

Personality: Dmitri is a polite and gentle young man who likes to keep to himself. He has dedicated his entire life to helping desperate vampires by trying to work on a cure for those vampires who wish to become normal, and by attempting to create a human blood-alternative to satisfy those vampires who wish to remain as they are. He also, much to the dismay of his mother, regularly and publically campaigns for vampire rights. This has left little time for Dmitri to do things that normal guys his age do. Instead of going out, partying, getting drunk and having girlfriends, Dmitri spends most of his time in his professor's laboratory.
Brief History: Dmitri caught the illness at birth. Both his parents were human and were from a rich and prestigeous family. When Dmitri was twelve, his father caught the illness. Unlike Dmitri, who was able to control his blood-lust, his father became so consumed by his cravings that it drove him insane and he was eventually sent to a mental asylum. It is to help stop vampires from suffering the same way his father did, that drives Dmitri to continue searching for cures and other blood-alternatives. He does this at the dismay of his mother, who wants him to move on and enjoy his life. His actions have also earned the wrath of his step-father (who is a human and is against vampires). Because of this family tension, Dmitri stays at the university, and not with his mother and step-father at the family mansion.
Occupation: is a top student of hematopathology (a branch of pathology) studying blood-related diseases
Last edited by *coco on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:32 am
LovelessSummer says...

I save for a human guy. His name is Spencer.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:11 am
Moriah Leila says...

Name: Mark Bates
Species: Human
Blood Type: B
Side: Against
Appearance: Dirty blonde hair, often styled in a fo-hawk. Green eyes, tan complexion, no facial hair. Tall and muscular.
Personality: Moody, easily angered. Can get verbally abusive towards his girlfriend. Stubborn. If something is going to get done correctly than it must be done his way. Rather conceited and does not empathize well with others.
Brief History: Is very much for the extermination of all vampires since his younger brother was brutally murdered by a vampire. Doesn't entirely understand why people talk of a cure for the disease when it is obviously much easier just to kill them. Happily shares this opinion with anyone who will listen. Has a lot of unresolved anger issues stemming from his brother's death and usually takes it out on his girlfriend, Anita.

Name: Anita Montague
Side: Currently Neutral (Eventually will be For)
Appearance: Long, curly auburn hair, light brown eyes, freckles, oval-shaped face. 5'5" and 120 pounds. Athletic body. Typically wears jeans and t-shirts, with her hair up in a ponytail. Supposed to wear glasses, but she is constantly losing them or breaking them.
Personality: Very laid-back, shy and soft-spoken. Doesn't like conflict and often will avoid it at all costs. Some would consider her a push-over. Very detailed oriented. Sympathetic and humble, if not a bit self-deprecating.
Brief History: With her boyfriend's strong opinion of extermination of Vampires, you would think Anita would agree. However, she has known several vampires through out her lifetime that she considers her friends. Supports finding a cure but doesn't share this opinion, especially with her boyfriend.
Occupation: Student and works part-time at a restaraunt as a hostess.
Last edited by Moriah Leila on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not addicted to reading, I can quit as soon as I finish one more chapter.

541 Reviews

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:38 am
Lauren2010 says...

Profiles look great guys! We'll probably start in a couple days or once we get a few more people. :D
Got YWS?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:27 pm
kidashka says...

I'd quite like for someone to be the Vampire brother/sister of my character also with blood type O ... is anyone else interested in this idea? Will finish profile later :)

Name: Clare

Blood Type: O

Side: For Vampirism

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Clare is fairly solemn and secretive; though she is curious about the lives of others she rarely reveals things about herself. She is very protective towards her sister and can sometimes appear bossy towards her. Clare tends to be ruled by her emotions and forget the sensible course of action.

Brief History: Since Alice was born and her condition was discovered, Clare has been helping her with monthly blood donations, trying to keep people unaware of Alice's vampirism. They moved from France at a fairly young age.

Other: Alice's sister
Last edited by kidashka on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:21 pm
Sassafras says...

Okay, here's my profile.

Name: Isabella Von Ray

Blood Type: O-

Side: Neutral.

Apperance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Because she is always terribly ill, she tries to make the best out of the time she has. Everyday is precious to her because she never knows when her next drink of blood will be. She's always smiling and is always positive. She likes to knit and is often making something.

History: She was born with the diesase and was sick from the minute she left her mother's body. She has a wealthy and highly respected family, the Von Ray's. As soon as her father got news of her condition, he set off to find as many packages of blood in O- as her could. Her little brother, Alexander, has been there for her ever since he was born but he also was born with the disease. She feels bad that he has the disease but is glad he has a more common blood type.

Last edited by Sassafras on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

541 Reviews

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:47 pm
Lauren2010 says...

RiesePiecey, your profile looks great except for Vampirism is a genetic disorder and wouldn't be passed on to her brother.
Got YWS?

Reviews: 3
Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:02 am
Twitchy says...

Name: Alexander Von Ray

Blood Type: B

Side: Against

Apperance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He's quite and reserved. He does not really talk to anyone but his sister but he is always observing everything about everyone. He knows more about you that you think. He never shows any emotion apart from boredom or those looks he gets when he knows something fishy is going on. His face is most always blank and when he does speak it's in a soft monotone. He feels it's best not to show much emotion. Always keeping a poker face is the best defence.

History: Alexander caught the illness at birth like his siter. He was always protective of her and still is. He tries his very best to find people to match her blood type but O- is a rare thing. He does not approve of many people to get too close to her and treats her like fragile china because she's always so frail and thin.

Life's to short to waste time thinking about tomorrow. Live for today and deal when the consequences when they get here!

“Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.”
— Dylan Thomas