z

Young Writers Society

Fire and Ice (Join it, you know you want to. JOIN!)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:39 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

An idea in the making. If you’ve ever watched the Underworld movies, you’ll understand where this is coming from. If not, you’ll catch on.

Back story:
For centuries, Lykens and Vampires have been fighting against each other. A common hate has been formed between the two, and the only explanation it the very vague story from long, long ago. This is the story said to explain why the two kinds have been fighting all these years. Many of the “royal vampires” know this story, and they are said to be the ones who started it.

The story:
Long, long ago, when Lykens and Vampires got along, there were two kings, one was king of the Vampires, and the other was king of the Lykens. Though they didn’t fight, they did hate each other. It wasn’t common for a Lyken a Vampire to talk, though they were commonly seen together. They fought in wars side-by-side, though many complained. Humans were completely aware of the two sides, and the feuding between them. Humans seemed to be the ones out of the fairy tales then.

The princess of the Vampire side was beautiful, with long, blood-red hair, pale skin, black eyes, soft as dark as they were. She’d seen many years of this feuding, and she only called for peace. Her father was an Elder, and he was fading faster than they saw it. He could barely walk without his skin flaking away. The princess cared for her father in his last moments, but his last request before he died making his daughter queen, was that she marry Craven, a young Vampire whom had ruled many a land.

The princess wasn’t one to go back on promises, but this was one promise she wasn’t sure if she could keep. Craven had women—both human and Vampire—practically begging him to wed them. Craven jumped at the chance to marry a Royal, knowing where this would put him in rank. He’d have power over the entire kingdom, and he knew what he’d do first once he was king; set war against the Lykens.

Scarlett, the princess, wasn’t too sure about Craven, but she couldn’t say anything. It is said that she said yes to him, and it is said that she had no opinion on the subject. She didn’t want to marry him, either way. She was in love with someone else. A creature not of her kind, and their love was forbidden. Nicolas was young, and nothing in the Lyken society, he was nothing compared to Scarlett, merely dirt. But she fell in love with him anyway, and he sometimes wondered why that was. They met secretly each night to discuss their plan to run away together. She’d gladly give up her whole life to be with him, and he—though he had nothing—would do the same.

Craven became curious one night as she snuck out, and he sent out a man to follow her. When he came back with the news, Craven denied this fact, and even questioned the young princess. When she denied this, the next night, as she snuck out, he followed her himself. He was only angered with what he saw. They were together alright. He became angered and had her bound when she came back, and sent out guards to find Nicolas. Craven had him chained up and forced Scarlett to watch as they had him killed.

His legacy was left behind in Scarlett as she was pregnant. Craven didn’t have her killed for that one reason. He promised her, before Nicolas had been killed when he had found out that she was pregnant, that, as soon as the child was born, he would have her killed. He kept that promise and, the day her daughter was born, Scarlett was murdered. Craven decided to raise this child, and when she was old enough, he’d take her hand and marry her.

Now:
And this is where my story starts. My name is Shadow Fire,I'm a breed, one of the only one's now, and my mother’s name is Scarlett; or was. Craven had raised me for years, there from when I was born long ago, to now. My grandfather, the once king, is now in a tomb, resting for what’s been decades. Soon will be his time to wake and face today’s realities. What he’ll say for what Craven has done to my mother is beyond me, but I can only hope it’s good. I’ve never felt anything for Craven but hate for what he’s done. Catalina, a long time friend, has told me of Craven’s intentions. I have no intentions on marrying Craven, not matter what he does or says. Craven is the scum I’m after these days.

Lykens had nothing to do with my mother’s death, and, though my father was one, I hunt them, ignoring the fact that I am one of them. Half and half. Though, I am more Vampire than Lyken, any of us would tell you that. We’re still the Royal, and we live in a mansion surrounded by plenty of Vampire guards. It used to be the humans that were in fairy tales, now it was us who had to hide. Lykens had gone from the high and powerful creatures they were, to filthy dogs, hiding in the sewers in small packs. None of us have ever seen a pack as big as the one that we now find ourselves facing. Maybe a rough thirty to forty men with huge muscles, and if their strength in human form wasn’t enough, they were capable of turning into a huge dog. It was the Royals like me who chose to fight, and it was dirt like Craven who chose to start the war between our kind and theirs though there are more of them than there are Vampires. And, if that’s not enough, they’re stalking a human man. Craven has given me the job of finding out why. My job is to protect him in case he is important. Nicolas, the man, is human, from what I’ve seen of him. I’m afraid I won’t be able to protect him on my own, though I shall try without having to wake my grandfather requesting his help and knowledge.

This is the cry I have sent out in a dream to everyone. If anyone cares to join me, they will find the secret meaning behind the words, and they will meet with me. My call:

I call for you now, you can choose to help, or you can choose to ignore my cry for help either way, I’m searching for a soul to help me. If you hear my cry, if you hear my call for help, if you choose to come, I thank you. This is my cry, hear me now. If you are out there, I call upon you, human or beast, mortal or Vampire, dead or Lyken. I need your help. I do not like the way the future is being presented to me, and I’m afraid I won’t be able to change it alone. I need the help of others to set things straight again, to keep the Lykens and Vampires from the war that I have foreseen. Shall you choose to help, answer me; answer my plea. Hear my call to you. Yield my warning if you don’t. Things are going to get ugly, and quick.

Types:

Spoiler! :
Lyken: A Lyken is a man--usually yielding huge muscles--that can turn into a wolf beast. He stands on the back two legs as a man does, but he is covered in fur and has a snout like a dog, and teeth as strong as steal. They often fight amongst each other, sometimes leading in death among one of them. The leader of the Lykens is called the Pack Master, and his name is Demon. He is the master of all of the packs out in the world, and he has a mental connection to all of them.

Vampire: A creature, male or female, with sharp, fanged teeth that are known to drink human’s blood. Most of them are ravenous and don’t hesitate to kill. They are mostly heartless, and care nothing for a human, they only think of them as food. They age when they drink human blood, and every Royal starts out as a Vampire. They're born not made.

Royals: Born a Vampire, they domesticated themselves, only to drink animal’s blood—to keep them from aging—out of a wine glass while sitting in a mansion surrounded by Vampire guards, hence the name “Royal”. They stick together most of the time, and they are more heartless than a normal Vampire because they think of everyone as lower than them. They usually wear fancy clothes, imported from somewhere far from here, and they usually go for the rich look. They don’t hesitate to flaunt their money in the way they dress.

Elder: An old Royal with years of knowledge on his mind. They are frail, and when their skin begins to fall apart and crumble, they are put in a coffin and in a tomb for generations of sleep. For a thousand years they sleep before they are woken. They take turns when waking so that two Elders aren’t awake at once. Elders are kings and queens to Vampires. There are five of them all together in different tombs placed around the world in a place only known to the Royals. There is a thousand years between each awakening. Elders are the only Royal that age without human blood.

Genetic: A human that has been bitten and turned into a Vampire. They can never be a Royal, because they must always drink human blood. Their bodies are much like their human bodies, and they still need blood to survive. Without it, they’ll shrivel up and die.

Breed: A mixture between two kinds—Vampire and Lyken, Lyken and Royal, Genetic and Lyken. The only way a Lyken can become
a Breed is if they are bitten by an Elder, the only one with enough venom in their system to have any effect on a Lyken.

You:
The call comes to you in a dream, a whisper, or a voice in your head. If you choose to fight, you'll know when the time comes to fight, and you'll know where to go. If you're a Lyken, you wouldn't hear the call. f you're an Elder, you wouldn't hear it, but you would feel that there was something wrong. If you're a Royal, you hear it, but you act immediately to tell Craven, who is against fighting the Lykens, because he and a few others are on Demon's side secretly. I'll PM who I want that to be exactly.

Rules:

Spoiler! :
1. No God modding, though most Royals think they're better than everybody, so that's fine to make them act like they're the king/queen. As for Lykens, they're mean, just so ya know.

2. Cursing is OK, but I'd rather you keep it to a minimum. One F bomb per post at the most:)

3. As for love,this is a passionate story, but don't go as far as to describe sex scenes with great detail.

4. I don't mind if you post a picture of something that's hard to describe, such as an outfit, hair, jewelry, etc.

5. Regular YWS rules apply.

6. If you're going to kill off a character, or turn them into something else, tell the creator first.

7. I don't mind you having another character if your dies.

8. Make sure that, if you say something about a character, it's not way off from what's in the profile (if it's not yours).

9. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA! Feel free to create as much drama as you want.

10. Keep the posts to at least 300 characters *Points to the word count thing*

Character profile:

Spoiler! :
Name:

Type:

Appearance:

Personality:

Weapon:

Secret:(: they all have one:)

Theme song:(: they all have one:)
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:48 pm
SisterItaly says...

Dibs on female Lycan, cause vampires suck :P JK, but really...
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 pm
phantom of the potter says...

Never mind. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Last edited by phantom of the potter on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:18 am
SisterItaly says...

Deleted
Last edited by SisterItaly on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:29 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Name: Shadow Fire

Type: Breed (Royal and Lyken)

Appearance: She normally wears that.
Spoiler! :
ImageImageImageImage

Personality: She's stubborn, but not rude, tough, but sensitive. She's dangerous to be around because she is much much stronger than any human--as all Royal/Vampires are--and her temper can get the best of her being part Lyken. She is lovable when you can tame her, though she's unnameable to almost anyone. She isn't one for romance, and she doesn't fall for just any guy.

Weapon: Her guns:
Spoiler! :
Two of these:Image

Secret: No one knows she is to marry Craven, but she doesn't love him, and everyone does know that. She knows that her so called friend Erika (Who can be played by anyone) is secretly in love with Craven.
Erika:
Spoiler! :

Theme song: Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown

I'll post some pictures of the things like the Royal House, the Lykens, etc.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:07 am
ForsakenAngel says...

OK so here are a few pictures!

Lyken:
Spoiler! :

Royal House:
Surrounded by fences, and a security camera at the entrance of the gate.
Spoiler! :

The Lyken pendant, worn by all Lykens somewhere on them (and Shadow):
Spoiler! :

A few of the Royal Cars:
Spoiler! :
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Royal Goblet thing:
Metal is for the leaders and such, glass is for everyone else.
Spoiler! :

Anything else you might need me to get a picture for, just say so!
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:35 am
Moo says...

I freaking love those movies. It's actually spelt Lycan, by the way.
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

Reviews: 1
Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:38 pm
Fox says...

Name: Aurelie

Age: Looks 23 but it really 117, the youngest of the Royals

Type: Royal

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She hates being bored, though she is most of the time. She's always up for action, but how she goes about things depends on her mood. She can come off as mysterious, and she doesn't trust many people.

Weapon: a pistol, dagger, and some shurikens. She rarely uses them, and doesn't have them with her most of the time. Mainly, she just uses the skills and training she's learned.

Secret: She doesn't want to go to war with the Lykens. She doesn't mind them at all, and we wants peace. That was, of course, before she met them. Currently, the only secret she has is her childhood.

Theme song: One second. I suck at finding songs, so it might take a while. :wink:
Last edited by Fox on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:45 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

I know how it's spelt. I didn't want it to be JUST like the movie, and I felt like spelling it like that.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:12 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Can I have an elder. If so tell me and I will do a profile.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:16 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

yea!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

333 Reviews

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:43 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Name: Antonio doxius

Type:Elder

Appearance:Oldish. Slightly tanned. Wears red robes from Italy.

Personality: Straight to the point. Does not find things funny. Has a very short temper, but will not hurt someone himself. He will get another to do so.

Weapon: Cutlass, with intricate handle

Secret:(: they all have one:) He once was in love with a human girl and killed her because of it

Theme song:(: they all have one:) Bat out of hell - meatloaf.

If there is anything you want me to change just tell me :)
Last edited by retrodisco666 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:53 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, well the real age would be around the thousands, because the Elders have been around forever. That's all I see wrong.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

333 Reviews

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:58 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Changed it, hope it is okay
~Francoise Sagan

116 Reviews

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:07 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

It's fine now!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson