z

Young Writers Society

The space/time bar and grill

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:57 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Is there no end to the irritation?

"Yes, yes, we're all very skilled here, I GET IT! Good god, where is Findora when you need her?"

She is shouting now, quite angry. Little sparks are now flying across the ice, and a few are igniting. She's going to destroy this bar.

Deep breaths, Lien. Deep breaths.

She wouldn't admit to anyone that she still called herself Lien, but deep breaths were needed. She drops her arms, and the fires consume the ice in seconds, dying just as quickly. Storming to a corner booth, she sends spikes shooting up in her wake, each thicker than the last.

She folds her arms and pouts as well as she can, brooding at the world and counting the seconds until her rise unfolds.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:10 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

...she freaks out worse than Maddox does...

Just then another golden retriever runs into the bar, slightly taller than Grant and with a much more carefree attitude about him.

Hey, Grant, brofist man!...um. Who's the crazy magician in the corner of the room?

Jezeline, thankfully, doesn't hear him.

Don't bother with her, Maddox. Not worth your trouble. Plus, she'd probably kill you.

Maddox sits down in the chair next to Grant and slouchs down, suddenly much more quiet.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:19 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

I look over at the frost and now spark lady, then over to the dog. They both ignored me...
"Yeah I get it!" I announced to no one in particular, "You all are intimidated by my accomplishments. I should have figured as much. I mean, sometimes I amaze myself." I look around. No one seemed to pay any attention, though I do know I was getting some glares, "Okay. You don't want to die. I'm cool with that." I go and sit back at the bar. My coffee was unfrozen and steaming again. I should really learn to shut up. These people were crazy... Nah, I was having too much fun!
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:23 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

Maddox walks up to the figure at the counter with the coffee. Hey, mate! How'd you like to be pals? I'm an okay guy, once you get to know me...hehe.

Grant walks over to Maddox and the figure. Maddox? No mistakes like at the cafe, alright?

What mistake?

The mistake where you kept calling the female a man...

First off, that was you too! Second off, our writer was the one who goofed up!

Grant blinks. What are you...?

I love breaking the fourth wall!! :D

57 Reviews

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Well, now she's just bored. See, had she been at headquarters right now, she'd have at least ten workers bringing her tea and elixir, and another ten consoling her. But no, Findora had assured her that going to a nice diner exclusively for people like her would ease her stress.

Blast Findora, this was a disaster.

"Findora? Yes, yes, I was worried about me too. Now, where is Richard's son? At school? That won't do... arrange for a holiday soon, I'd like to speak to him. He'd be a fine boy if he focused less on his... what does he say... ah, if he focused less on his expression and more on the events taking place. And for god's sake, don't kill anyone else, it takes a lot of effort to choose people you can kill! Yes, yes, I'll arrange another one soon. Goodbye, Findora."

She closes the phone and creates a moth to amuse herself, holding a fire in one hand. What point would watching a moth be if there was nothing to tempt it, lure it, kill it?

It was just logic- her so called psychopathic ways were ill named.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

45 Reviews

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:23 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

I looked at the dog -- Maddox was his name according to the other one -- and smiled.

"Finally," I said, "some recognition! Maddox, was it? I am Vick. Vick Burloe. Perhaps you have heard of me. I am a weapons smuggler and part time expert at Guerilla Warfare. Nice to meet you." I smiled at my own introduction. I was getting clever. I shook his -- uhh -- paw and then suddenly remembered why I was there, "Aw shoot." I said and got up, "Uhh, hi. It's Vick again. You know, the one you all have been ignoring! Umm, I was so caught up in the... Festivities... That I almost forgot why I was here. I am looking for someone and any help would be appreciated. His name is Io and he has a God complex. I kinda need to find him in order to end a war..."

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:27 am
GrantBlayfur says...

Maddox jumped up onto the bar and laid down, almost knocking over a couple other patron's drinks and food. Vick? Cool name. Vick. Vi-i-i-ick. V-v-v-v-vick! He proceeds to mumble small puns and tidbits to himself, giggling at his jokes.

Another person involved in war? Grant's eyes lit up at this revelation. Please, tell me everything.

45 Reviews

Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:16 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

"It's one of those 'holy wars'," I said ignoring Maddox who has now been labeled as crazy by me, "the man I'm looking for is the self-proclaimed God of this religion and thinks he is entitled to the entire universe. He took over Earth, but now the Galactic Alliance has been holding him back. My crew and I... Well currently there is only 2 of us... Are trying to kill him and end it all at a profit for us.

"We got the resistance on our side after we saved them from Io's top general. The woman who was able to control the four elements. Sadly, that isn't much. Especially if you have a price on your head from both sides. Of course things get complicated when you factor in the fact that the Galactic Alliance is now led by a terrorist that is blackmailing us, and the Ithians -- Io's army -- have genetically altered monsters on their side. As well as a technology that gives them assorted powers depending on who has it.

"I have gotten a hold of a piece of this technology and it seemed to have given me powers over time though I don't know to what extent quite yet..."

Will review for food!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:14 am
LaurenOutLoud says...

Cyder was spinning a doughnut-like-food-thing around his finger, getting exceptionally bored. No one in the bar seemed worth messing with, yet. For some of them, it just wouldn't be worth it because they were so stupid, and the others, most seemed as powerful as at least a Moglut.
The whiskey is agreeable but the meat has gone bad

Random avatar

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:13 am
GrantBlayfur says...

Grant nodded slowly, pondering what Vick had said. Hmm...interesting. Genetically altered monsters, you say? We could use some of those...

Maddox continues to mumble to himself, now quoting random movies and television shows.

I'm sorry, Vick. He was dropped on his head when he was little.

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:03 am
JapaneseNinja says...

I'm a bounty hunter that will slip behind you and cut your throat if you piss me off. If i don't feel like cutting throats, I'll snipe you.

Random avatar

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:33 am
GrantBlayfur says...

Grant laughs. So, Mr. Assassin...who are you? What's your story? Most importantly, what's your name?

57 Reviews

Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:26 am

Jezeline

She snorts. She's decided that dog isn't one to be trusted, and the newcoming assassin isn't getting on her good side. Well, there're ten feet icicles sprouting from the ground in her wake, so... maybe she's not giving a good impression. She takes out the phone again, wanting some good company.

"Findora? Come right away."

Findora

She yawns and twists her arm. A rip in the space in front of her, a long stride, and she's walking through the entrance of the bar her best friend's at. Well, only friend. No one's quite willing to befriend or stay friends with a sever-looking blonde woman with wild silvery blue eyes and a psychopathic need to kill.

She takes six long strides, melts the icicles her dear Lien has built, and slides into the booth. Giggling, she starts a conversation.

"Soooo. Jeeeezzz, how's the barrr?" She draws out her sounds and giggles again. Some people look at her, one attempting to pull away the glass of champagne set by her. She snaps, her eyes blaze with blue flame, her hair stands on end, and a burst of bright orange fire leaps from behind her.

"Don't get near me!" she roars. The person darts away, and she promptly giggles again and turns back to Jezeline.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Random avatar

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:06 am
GrantBlayfur says...

Maddox lept off the bar and walked over to a booth, spinning periodically as he went. Sitting down in the seat, he laid his head on his crossed arms on the table and did his best to disappear off everyone's radar.

Like I said, Grant said to Vick, dropped on his head. Now, if you'll excuse me... Grant walked over and sat down in the same booth Maddox was in and proceeded to lean back and survey the room.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:53 am
SisterItaly says...

Katya - My attempt at third person

Katya walked into the bar, confident as usual. From what she could see there was a very unusual group of characters here. She had to look twice, after she saw the dog. She shook her head, what was the world coming to? She walked up to the bar and sat down, smiling at the bar-keep.
"I'll have a shot of tequila." She winked at him. He smiled and handed her one. She tilted her head back and swallowed hard. The barkeep chuckled at her, she shot him a look and set the shot-glass down.
"Keep them coming." She huffed, having just come back from a 'job' had wiped her out, she needed to let loose.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns