z

Young Writers Society

Wingwar:

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:40 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Hey! Kim here, and this Storybook is going to be a tad different. Here's what's going on:

Dragons are slowly taking over the land of Candracar. The Gryphons and Pegasai are two of the only species left, and their numbers are rapidly decreasing. The pegasai are being eaten by the Dragons, and the Gryphons have a problem of territory. Not knowing what else to do, they team up, the Gryphons offering protection, and the Pegasai offering territory. However, it's not enough to stop the Dragons. Forced into war, the two species fly out and into the depths of the Lair in search of the Power Stone, and seeking to destroy it and the Dragon race.

Reserved Seats:
GrantBlayFur: The Gyryphon General
Thegirlwholived: The Gryphon Leader
allmixedup: The Pegasai Healer
forsakinshadow: The Pegasai Leader
Forestqueen808: ThePegasai General

NOW! We still have Gryphon and Pegasus Battle Leaders open, so first come first serve. Other members will be Pride Warriors for Gryphons and Herd Warriors for Pegasai. It's preferred that you all be adults, but if you ask nicely, I'll let you be a chick or a foal. I want no fighting in the beginning at all, just the discovery of the Dragon's plans and the team-up between Pegasai and Gryphons.

Rules:

1: Ask before killing someone. If you die, you're allowed to make another, just have the character be very different than the first.
2: Sex scenes allowed, but let's not have every little detail, please.
3: Standard YWS rules apply.
4: Cursing allowed, but please do not drop the F bomb on us.

Profiles:
Spoiler! :
Name:

Species: (Gryphon or Pegasus)

Appearence: Any color allowed, especially blends.

Personality:

Secret: (required)

Up for love?:

Anyone special in mind for a mate?

If you find a good picture of what yours looks like, feel free to put it in. Here are some basic examples of the critters ^^
Attachments
Pagasus.jpg
A Pegasus
Pagasus.jpg (5.67 KiB) Viewed 469 times
griffin_mythic.jpg
A Gryphon
griffin_mythic.jpg (48.33 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Last edited by Thegirlwholived on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

18 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:53 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Name: Fawn

Species: Gryphon

Appearence: Black, with some white and purple feathers here and there. Peircing, stormy green eyes.

Personality: Wise and outgoing, the typical leader. She always does what's best for the Pride and her Warriors, willing to risk her life for them. She's very affectionate toward her mate, Blaze, and never leaves his side.

Secret: She sometimes is very unsire of what to do about problems her Pride has, but tries not to show it.

Up for love?: Nope, with Blaze

Anyone Special in Mind?: Blaze :D

Here's her basic features and what she looks like, just black with green eyes.
Attachments
Griffin.jpg
Griffin.jpg (6.58 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Last edited by Thegirlwholived on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 am
Forestqueen808 says...

Name: Lilith

Species: Pegasus

Appearence: Lilith is a black pegasus. When far away, her coat just looks black, but when you get closer, you can see it sort of shimmers like an oil spill. She bright blue eyes like the sky, but lighter than even that.

Spoiler! :

Personality: She is bubbly and laughs a lot. She is very friendly, and sometimes get distracted. Lilith can be serious when she wants to be, like when dragons come near or when she has to fight. But when she is off duty, she loves to be friendly and cheer everyone up with her sense of humor.

Secret: Lilith was abandoned when she was a baby, and was raised by a dragon until she wandered away and got lost until the herd found her.

Up for love?: Yep!!!
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:19 am
SisterItaly says...

Name: Blaze

Species: Gypon

Appearence:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He will do anything to defend his loved ones, even if it means a fight. He always voices his opinion. But only at the right moment, besides that he's fairly quiet.

Secret: He secretly has a fear of Pegisai

Up for love?: Sorry, Fawns mate

Anyone special in mind for a mate? He only has eyes for Fawn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Mystique (miss-tE-k?)

Species: Pegasus

Appearence:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

Personality: Light hearted, and quiet. Missy would never pick a fight, but will defend herself when attacked, and will defend others. She's not much of a chatter, and doesn't like to voice her opinion under the risk of sounding stupid. She has self-esteem issues.

Secret: She saw her brother get eaten by a dragon, she escaped, but the dragon said one day it will find her, it's haunted her dreams ever since

Up for love?: yup

Anyone special in mind for a mate? not yet
Last edited by SisterItaly on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:23 am
phantom of the potter says...

I'll take the Gryphon healer.

Name: Dew

Appearance: She has a white and black blend. Dew has a soft, innocent quality about her. http://netraptor.deviantart.com/art/Nesting-griffin-86169839?q=boost%3Apopular+griffin&qo=93

Personality: Dew loves to have fun, but she is very innocent about it. Dew can be naive at points. She's an old soul, though, and far more mature and experienced than her age would show. She hates violence with a strange sort of passion that not many of her pride completely understand.

Secret: When Dew was a just a chick, she had all of the makings of a fine warrior. But due to a mistake in judgement, Dew caused the death of two of her siblings (Clover and Flint). She lost a talon in the fight, and has a long scar near her wing joints. They begin to give her pain if Dew is too active, and stripped Dew of the chance to become a warrior. (If this is okay) Fawn helped Dew cover up her sister and brother's deaths. But Dew terrifies herself to this day with dreams of battle.

Up for love?: Yes

Anyone special in mind for a mate?: Not yet.

**I can create a boy character, if needed.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

18 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:18 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Alright! We need a few more people, so tell your friends!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:11 pm
View Likes
RayneChild says...

This looks like it could be fun :) And we don't have enough animal storybooks on here xD

Name: Cronus

Species: Actually, he's a pegacorn ^^ A pegasus/unicorn

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
His horn is silver and he's one of the biggest in the herd

Personality: Cronus loves the rush he gets in the heat of battle and is one of the best warriors in the herd. Kind of quiet, Cronus tends to be reserved. His size can give others the wrong impression though, that he's mean, dumb, or aggressive. He is actually very witty, clever, and sly, and likes to come up with plots or play tricks. He loves a good joke and likes to laugh. He is very friendly, he's just quiet. Others often think he's always sad because of it, and because he goes off on his own a lot. Cronus feels in his "element" when he's alone, and is that way a lot of the time. He's kind of a stereotypical "gentle giant", except when he's in battle.

Secret: Cronus has a very dark past, and was brought up to be a killer until he came to this herd. He tries to hide any evidence of his background any time he can, and prefers being a 'gentle giant' over a 'ruthless killer'.

Up for love?: Sure

Anyone special in mind for a mate?: Nopers ^^
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:31 pm
jolene says...

Name:Ailia (A-lee-ah)

Appearence:

Spoiler! :

Personality:she might look all though and can be but she has a soft spot for the poeple she cares about

Secret: Used to love another Gryphon, but he died a year ago...and she does know how old she is so she guesses

Up for love?: yeah

Anyone special in mind for a mate? ummmm...ill take anyone who is a Gryphon!
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:40 pm
View Likes
Valentine says...

Name: Glatorix

Species: Dragon

Personality: Glatorix was the son of the dragon King, but when he declared war on the gryphons/pegasuses, he ran away. Although he a fearsome warrior, he believes strongly in peace, loves more than anything to fly, and is very free spirited. He is currently on the run.

Secret: Glatorix is a silver dragon, which is the symbol of his royal blood, but he also received a special gift that most Dragons don't have. He can change into human form.

Up for love: Maybe

Appearance:
Attachments
dragons.jpg
dragons.jpg (7.12 KiB) Viewed 381 times
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain- TDK"

-My Bloody Valentine Reviews-

18 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:27 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Looks like we can get started! Still accepting, guys!

Fawn

I sat on Tall Rock and looked around at my Pride. They had come so far since the Drought, and I smiled to myself. I watched as my mate, Blaze, came in through the entrance to our Home, bringing other Warriors behind him, prey filled in their beaks. He looked up at me, smiled, and headed back out with a border patrol. He was so hardworking, and I was proud to have him as my General. I climbed down and decided to give the chicks a visit. As I entered the cave we called the Nursery, the mothers all greeted me and I watched the chicks play.
"Hi, Fawn!" One greeted me with an excited flap of her wings. "Look at what I can do!" She then proceeded to perform a battle move commonly used among the Warriors. I nodded and showed her how to properly position her tail and wings. She then kept practicing as I left, and I examined the clearing. It was a rather grassy meadow with hills surrounding it. Sort of a ditch. We had a Prey Stack, and dens that were abandoned badger sets. The warriors slept in one, the chicks in the nursery, and Blaze and myself in another. The Healer had their own den, too. I heard a shrill squawk coming from the Entrance, and Dew, Ailia, and Blaze shot into Home.
"Dragons!" They all shouted. The Home exploded into questions. I pulled them into my den for a meeting urging them to tell me exactly what happened.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:34 pm
SisterItaly says...

Blaze

I prodded up beside my Fawn. She turned to us, giving us the calm-down-shut-up-and-explain face.
"What happened?" She asked, I turned to the others. They nodded and let me explain. Of course, they let me explain.
"Dragons have been spotted advancing into our territory. They just took out another Pegasus." I said, with sorrow in every word. Poor animal didn't have a chance against the dragon scourge. We were running low on territory. She sighed and looked up to me.
"What are our options." I nuzzled her jaw with my beak.
"Not much we could do at this point. We... could go see the pegasai." I commented. They had more territory then they needed. Maybe they wouldn't mind sharing.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:37 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Aria (She's not an evil dragon! She's a good one who's been away from the empire her whole life)

Species: Dragoness

Appearance: In dragon form, Aria is a slender, burning megenta serpent. She bears the marks of war, as well as the black tribal paint of her small villiage, far from the dragon empire. Her thick scales make her look bigger than she really is. She's a speedy flier, but due to her small size, cannot really hold her own against another dragon if her flying is limited. She relies solely on her speed rather than her strength. She's as wide as a gryphon, and as tall as a pegasus.

Spoiler! :

In her human form Aria is a very beautiful, young looking girl. She has pinkish-purple hair, sort of matching her scales, and metallic silver eyes. She's slim, and at often times, doesn't bother to get all fancy, and dresses like a man would, as she is around animals that not only aren't her species at all, but she hasn't any intrest in them. She's the tiny princess of her small dragon villiage of forest warriors, who rebelled against the dragon empire hundreds of years ago. Despite her human form, Aria cannot make her magenta wings disappear, and her horns, which are usually straight, curve and fit to her skull.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Aria's a pushover to put it simply. She's a spitfire little spirit, and actually a young dragon, but no matter what the favor, she usually gives in. She'll say no a thousand times, and in the end, do it anyway. She loves to fly and loves the feeling of freedom. She really doesn't like the war, but things have got to be done in order to stay free.

Secret: The fact she can change into a human isn't really a secret. She normally walks around the grounds of her villiage and the gryphon and pegasai territory in human form. I suppose her secret is that she's fully blind in her right eye.

Up for love?: I suppose

Anyone special in mind for a mate? Nopers(:

Other: Wears a heavy dragon armor if she doesn't feel like flying one day. She'll usually ride on Aro, and fight that way.

Spoiler! :

~~

Name: Aro

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Aro is very serious about his role in the war. He's right under the general, but he won't let that discourage him. The general deserves that spot more than Aro does, so he only sees it fit. Aro is really a gentle soul. He loves to laugh and be happy, and he doesn't get fired up that easily. In other words, it takes A LOT for Aro to get mad. He's sweet to all, except the dragons from the empire, and very trusting to those like him, against the empire.

Secret: (required) Secretely has a daughter;D He was a desperate and stupid gryphon when he was at the peak of his puberty, and thought he was in love with a she-gryphon, who died giving birth to his daughter, Ara.

Up for love?: Yess(:

Anyone special in mind for a mate? He really has his eyes on Dew, the healer (if this is alright) but won't approach her due to constant running around from Ara to his duties. A few months ago, while out with Ara on a very rare break day, he stumbled across a draconian encampment, and was ambushed. Luckily, Ara was unharmed, but Aro was given a very ghastly wound down his right side, practically tearing him apart. Dew happened to find him while searching for herbs once the dragons had left him there to die, and had him up and walking within minutes. He's admired her since, but won't say anything about it.

Other: His daughter Ara who looks like a tiny version of her mother

Spoiler! :
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:37 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Aro~

"Swing around to the left! Do everything you can to help him!" Aro screeched, running off the ledge. Air rushed beneath his wings, and he rose up into the air, flying towards the mass of flying beasts. Gryphons, the pegasai, dragons, all caught up in an unorganized battle. He had to do something. Aro flew straight for the middle, where most of the flurry was taking place. A dragon's talons came within centimeter's of Aro's nose, and he barrel-rolled in mid-air to stay aflight.

First to see battle, more like first to die.

He thought maliciously, glowering at his target. The black dragon's head shot up after a pegasus, Aro taking his chance to ravage into the dragon's exposed, scale-less throat, tearing it out with a small struggle. The dragon's eyes glazed over, and his wings slowly stopped pumping, the black monster dive-bombing towards the rough sea.

The second he hit, the other dragons began to retreat. Flying slowly back to their side of land. One turned, and let out a rattling roar, the Pride Warriors returning with their cries of the small victory. "Sir, you should go tell Blaze and Fawn of the victory!" A small, but swift and agile gryphon called down to Aro, who simply nodded. A small victory. It was nothing, absolutely nothing compared to the war that still had to be fought, not to mention won.

With a sigh, Aro pumped his wings, and did a small back flip in the air, flying back towards the Home. He landed right at the entrance, folding his wings down. Some gryphons were scattered around, preparing for battle, or talking in hushed voices. Aro shook his feathery head out as he passed the nursery, able to hear Ara's voice from within. He continued to walk, however, and stopped outside the leader's cave, waiting for permission to enter and tell her and the general of the tiny win.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:55 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

Well, better late than never, right?...

Name: Mennova

Species:Gryphon

Appearence: Head is blood-red, and as you get farther down his body the red slowly fades away to white with an ever-so-slight red tinge at his rear. Eyes are orange, and his face and neck have numerous small scars from past battles.

Personality: Extremely cold except to those he deems 'worthy'. How he chooses who is and who isn't, only he knows. Not fond of children at ALL. The only emotion he ever shows is a semi-sarcastic, cool-tempered anger (think Dr. House from the tv show House :P ). Loves the thrill of battle more than life itself, which helped his promotion to General.

Secret: Still terribly saddened by the death of his mate years ago. Is immensly hateful towards anyone to bring her up.

Up for love?: No.

Anyone special in mind for a mate? Nope.
Last edited by GrantBlayfur on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

18 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:59 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

"You may come in." I called through the entrance to my den. "Yes, Aro?" I asked, my eyes drifting to the blood on his feathers.
"Fawn," He sat down to explain. "The dragons are gaining power. We had a battle this morning, and--" I interrupted him. "You fought? Without a battle patrol to back you up? Without even sending someone to get help and tell me you were going to risk even more warriors? You know we're running low," I growled. "You also know war is coming. We have no room for careless battles over borderlines. I've already sent someone to speak with the Pegasai Herd about teaming up. Were you not here when I made the announcement? I clearly stated for all of you not to do something like this." I shook my head in dissapointment and sat down in my nest.
"Fawn," He pressed. "If we didn't do something the Dragons would have come and destroyed Home!" I sighed and slowly stalked toward him.
"That does not mean you can take on these beasts with only two more warriors for backup. This is no time to play hero, Aro." I stared hard into his eyes. He shot me a sheepish-yet-furious glare and stalked out of the den.

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith