Young Writers Society

Golden Compass (remake)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:04 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Just to get things going.

~Emily *the* Strange~

Yawning, I rolled over, not expecting what happened. I fell onto the floor. Sitting up on my elbows, I looked around, dazed. Dezman was next to me in a second, looking at me with his big brown eyes. His fur matched his eyes, with dark spots everywhere.

"What?" I asked, watching as he laid back down, putting his chin on his paws.

"Nothing," he said. I smiled at him, standing up and grabbing some clothes. "Where are you going?" he asked, standing as I headed for the door in my room that lead to the bathroom.

"To take a shower, Dezi, don't worry. I won't leave without you," I answered, looking back at him as I walked into the bathroom.

"Yea, well you're going to be late," he said calmly, sitting by the door while I looked at myself in the mirror. I hadn't realized what time it was, and when I looked, I realized he was right. I quickly changed, before grabbing a quick snack and my sketch books and bag then heading out the door, Dezi at my heals. My brown and red hair in my face, I headed down the stares and out the door.

I bumped into someone, falling back on my butt on the ground. Dezi sat next to me and we both looked up at the person who I ran into.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, grabbing my bag and putting my sketch books back in it. They helped me up, grabbing my shoulder to pull me off the ground.

"My fault," they said. I smiled, then looked down at Dezman as my face turned red. Embarrassment? Yea, whatever. I didn't get embarrassed. I looked back at the person who helped me,extending my hand.

"I'm Emily," I said. Why was introducing myself? Who knew? I was just being friendly I guess. I couldn't help it, it was me, and I was weird like that.

*Anyone*
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:38 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

((Sorry about that Jolene, I was camping. Dx I'll post when I can.))
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:25 am
jolene says...

thanks
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:53 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Edited my post, so now it can be anyone.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

100 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:47 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Andrew Lienx

Andrew woke up wet.

He was used to this, but this time he was even more wet than usual. He groaned. Must've rained again, damnit...

He sat up, glaring at nothing in particular. He glanced down to see Valeria waking up in his lap. His expression softened ever so slightly, and he sighed, ruffling her fur. "Come on Val, get up."

The cat yawned widely and stretched, razor sharp white claws extending outwards as she did so. She was careful not to scratch him. She blinked up at him with intelligent golden eyes. "Alright, I'm up."

Andrew nodded. "Good." He shifted slightly. "Mind moving?"

Valeria let out a chuckling sound and got up, climbing upwards and draping herself over his shoulders. He smiled ever so slightly and began to walk, wondering who he could steal breakfast from today.

((Don't let how he acts at the moment fool you. He's only really decent to Valeria.))

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:06 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Emilian Bartel and Sable:

Emilian was up early and in the back house. Sable, his panther daemon, lay across the open doorway that led outside. The Gyptian shook his head and went back to his bread making. The dead-end alley outside was full of the sounds of fighting. Emilian kneaded the dough, rolling it out and then flipping it over. He tired to ignore the sounds.

But then there was more shouting, which he, again, tired to ignored. He kept up with the bread making.

"I have a bad feeling about that," Sable commented, lifting his head and glancing out the door. Emilian shot the Daemon a glance.

"I know," Emilian said. "But do we have to risk being seen? What if someone is looking for me?" The panther was quiet for a moment, and then he slowly stood, moving towards the Gyptian.

"What if it is worth the risk?" asked the panther.

Emilian sighed and turned to put the dough in the oven behind him. The shouting outside turned into one word; Run. And then a boy ran through the door and straight into Emilian.

The Gyptian swallowed his muttered oath and pushed the boy away. "What the hell?" he asked, glaring at the boy. The boy ducked his head and shuffled past the Gyptian before making a break for the other door.

Shaking his head, Emilian ignored the boy and made his way over to the door said boy had come through. The sight that met his eyes was amusing. A girl, a witch, by the looks of it, was trying to choke a man.

"What's going on here?" Emilian asked, distracting the pair.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

21 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:14 pm
jolene says...

seraphine:

I looked up from where i was trying to wrestle with the big burly guy. It looked like Gyptian to me. The guy looked at him to.

"Great! Now another kid is here!" the guy yelled in my ear.

The Gyptian looked at both of us and he had a look on his face that I thought that he thought that we were crazy!

"I am not crazy," I thought to myself. "okay maybe a little"

I noticed that the guy that i was on stopped moving and i took the chance to do something. I pulled on his throat, but he must have known that i was going to do something like that because we both fell back, with me on the bottom, and a rock hit my ribs and i let go of the grip that I had on the guy. I couldnt breathe. And i belive that i lost consious, beacause the next thing i knew the Gyptian had me sitting up and was holding a glass of water to my lips. I took a long sip from it.

When i was finish drinking the glass of water, I choked out the best i could, "Where did he go?"

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

21 Reviews

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 am
jolene says...

Is anyone going to post on here????

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

100 Reviews

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:23 am
View Likes
gsppcrocks10 says...

... Since it's been seven months... I'm guessing no.

21 Reviews

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:54 pm
jolene says...

*sighs* this is why i only wanted people who can dedicate themselves to this kind of thing!

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart