Young Writers Society

The Darkness

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:12 am
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

Plot

The year is 2057, and, after the world had reached a peak, it has plunged into darkness again, but only on one side of the earth. This side is called The Darkness. There is a bold line, a wall built between The Darkness and The Light, or the clear side. Beasts are everywhere in The Darkness, wild animals. It's not usual that someone would enter The Darkness.

There is a disease going around, and the deceased are put outside the wall to keep the infection from spreading. It starts off where you pass out when you first get it. That is the time where they take you outside the wall. It starts off looking like nothing is wrong, but the side affects are vomiting, headache, stomach ache, rashes, no memory of previous occasions, etc, and one power.

They have created a cure or vaccine in the form of a shot. It keeps the disease away, and eliminates the infection if you already have it. They administered it to only children at first, the teens, and young adults. They are refusing to give it to the elder, but no one can make them. You have a choice, either you can take the cure, or you can resist.

You have the choice. If you resist, they will put you outside the wall to be killed, and if you take it, you die a little at a time, and you have 96 hours, or four days, to get the anti-cure, which happens to be an injection of the blood of someone who has the disease.

It's up to you which you want to choose, the one who runs from the non infected who are after your blood, or the blood thirsty one who chases the diseased.

Rules:

-Regular YWS rules apply.
-I'd like it if you could post 500 characters minimal, it's not a lot, and really easy to keep to.
-Cussing is allowed, but keep it to a minimum.
-No sex scenes please! None of us want to read that OK?

Character Profile:

Name-

Age-

Gender-

Description/picture (Please no amine)-

For/Against-

Power, if one-

Personality-

History-

Up for love?-

Theme (A song that describes your character)-

Other-

Spoiler! :
The Darkness:Image

The Light:Image

*Any questions, please ask! I hope you join, and I can't wait to see where this goes!*

*Luff you all the ones who join!*
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:27 pm
View Likes
NinjaCookieMonster says...

I don't fully understand this, but I'll join!

Name: Jay Cooper

Description/picture: Black hair, blue eyes, thin and quick.

Spoiler! :

For/Against: Against

Power: extreme speed

Personality: Jay is quiet, but on the violent side; Silent but deadly. She will protect what she loves with a fierce passion, and fights with just as much. Retreats into herself a lot. More of a loner.

History: Jay grew up in the Light, with a wealthy family and perfect friends. She was in a bad part of a town, near the Darkness, when she was infected, at age ten. It was before anyone had found a vaccine, so she really had no choice. Anyone who knew her instantly abandoned her, and she's fended for herself ever since, knowing she was considered a monster.

Up For Love?: yes- she needs someone to tell her that she's accepted.

Theme: Love is Dead, Kerli

Other: Carries a sword with her at all times; doesn't sleep well.

So.. is that good?
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:31 pm
View Likes
Pundit says...

Name- Brian Wells

Age-17

Gender-Male

Picture-*sorry, I'm stealing it-shhhhh! Don't tell!*

For/Against-Infected

Power-Healing. Counteracts negative side effects of infection. After initial countering, it holds while they are in his presence, and for up to two days after. Infects anything he heals, but does not know. He is nearly impossible to kill.

Personality- Fair, caring, somewhat quiet but willing to voice his opinion.He wants to build a home for infected people in Darkness(He thinks that everyone there should help).

History-He comes from a rich family in Light. He has studied botany, so he knows what plants not to eat. His parents feel guilty about the way they acted when they learned of his infection, so they give him tools.

Up for love?- Yes

Theme-"Remember When the Music" Harry Chapin- The gold medal collection version.

Other-gay
Last edited by Pundit on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:09 pm
View Likes
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Name- Katelyn

Age- 17

Gender- Female

Description/picture (Please no amine)- A tall girl with green eyes and long red hair. She has a small diamond peircing in her nose.

For/Against- I want to be the one that gets thrown into the darkness. (:

Power, if one- She can control other peoples thoughts and make them do things.

Personality- She's tough, but quiet. She usually works on her own but will help anyone out.

History- She's always lived the easy life with her rich parents until during a dinner with her boyfriend and parents, a fire started which killed her parents- and boyfriend.

Up for love?- Hm, first time I've ever said this, but I don't think so. I don't think anyone can make Katelyn love again.

Theme (A song that describes your character)- Time Of Dying, Three Days Grace- for more reasons that one.....

Other- Nothing...
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:46 pm
View Likes
jolene says...

*its allittle confusing....but okay!!*

Name- Kristen

Age- 17 1/2

Gender- Female

Description/picture (Please no amine)-
Spoiler! :
.......white blonde hair with light blue eyes, but with a gauge in her right eyebrow.

For/Against- Infected

Power, if one- can control wind

Personality- Quite and tough and doesnt usually keep her eyes open....depressed a lot

History- She watched her mom die by the infection when she was 15 and was on her own since then

Up for love?- ....sure

Theme (A song that describes your character)- Some where I belong- Linkin Park

Other- bi and always has a black jacket on, if she doesnt have it, she will be really mad!

her jacket looks like this (but it is pitch black):

Spoiler! :
Last edited by jolene on Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

5 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:30 pm
View Likes
Pundit says...

A suggestion? Make the 'anti-cure' simply getting reinfected. The infection could be an STD, transmitted through bodily fluids.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

116 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:51 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

Ninja, for would be the ones who are getting the shot to keep the infection away, and against would be the ones who didn't take it, and get put in the darkness.
Sorry Pundit, I don't understand what you're talking about.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

5 Reviews

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:55 pm
View Likes
Pundit says...

Make methods of getting infected the same as for HIV, and the 'anti-cure' simply getting re-infected.
George Orwell

21 Reviews

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:04 pm
View Likes
jolene says...

ohhh...

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

116 Reviews

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:30 am
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

I like that Pundit. We'll do that in the story. I don't feel like changing the things in the first post... Tehe! Call me lazy...
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 pm
View Likes
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name- Saphire Rose *Death Rose to friends*

Age- 15
Gender- F

Description/picture (Please no amine)- Raven black hair down to her waist dark blue eyes with flecks of emerald green pale skin and scars on both her wrists.

For/Against- Against.

Power, if one- Can control the earth both the healing and the harming effects. Which means she can make a whole house pop out of cement and can cause earthquakes can make any plants grow anywhere and can throw around boulders the size of large hill like nobody's business.

Personality- Cold hard and tempermental if you piss her off. Sweet gentle and understanding. She lives by if you fake a smile the whole world will think your fine. She is depressed alot and in pain.

History- She tried to kill herself when her sister mom and father got infected and got thrown to the Darkness but she escaped infection.

Up for love?- Heck to the yeah.

Theme (A song that describes your character)- 'Headstrong' by Trapt.

Other- She wears a silver pentagram and ankh. She is Wicca and uses magic but she can only do simple healing spells hexes and curses is best at potions/poisons. She can fight with anything you give her but prefers bow and arrows. She is artistacally musically and mentally gifted. She is an insomniac and is an absolute animal lover. She suffers extreme headaches when she uses her power to much.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

116 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:31 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

I just realized I still have to post my character profile...
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

21 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:33 pm
jolene says...

*giggles* thats is funny...j/k

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

5 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:05 pm
View Likes
Pundit says...

Ladyofthedeathroses,
I'm pretty sure magic isn't allowed...
and your power needs explanation.
George Orwell

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:11 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I'm in.

Edit: Profile. Why is pretty much everyone infected??

Name: Lucas Salicin.

Description/picture (Please no amine): Tall-ish, about 6" with dark brown hair and dark blue eyes.
Spoiler! :

For/Against: Vaccinated.

Power, if one: can control lightning/electricity.

Personality: Lucas is usually pretty calm, quiet and thoughtful, althoguh sometimes he can get quite loud and has a bit of a temper. He's not fierce, but it's close enough. He's been kind of tempermental since he got the vaccine. He keeps saying it didn't work. He's also curious-very curious. He wants to know what it's like in the darkness.

History: Lucas grew up in the Light and never strayed until a few hours ago, where he got too close to someone who was infected. He's curled up in the corner of his room most of the time.

Up for love? Yes.

Theme (A song that describes your character): If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback.

Other: He likes both girls and guys.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew