z

Young Writers Society

Forgotton

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun May 23, 2010 11:19 pm
SisterItaly says...

Sleep was terrible! I had a nightmare of the stranger shooting me and runnning off with the key, showing that i failed my father. I jumped up, it was still night, and he was still asleep. Who was this terrifying stranger? If it wasn't for the fact he was Gary's son i wouldn't be the least bit afraid of him, in fact i wasn't scared of him. I was scared of Gary. What was stopping this stranger from going to get Gary and having him come here. Gary wouldn't just kill me off like that, he'd torture me. Killing me slowly and painfully.

I began to sob. What had i done to deserve all this? I had always been kind to people, no matter what they had done. I had accepted murderers with open arms, inviteing them into my home and feeding them! I got up and straightened up the house, making it half decent. I was still sobbing the entire time, i wouldnt be surprised if i cried myself dry. The sun had bean to rise, i went to check on my guest.

He looked sickly, poor guy. I knew Gary was cold and heartless, but to his own son? Why on earth would he lie to his own son? I put a damp rag on the poor guys forehead. I wanted some answers. Like, what he planned on doing now, was he going to hurt me, if he needed a place to stay. I hoped he wouldn't go back to his dad. Even I couldn't forgive a lie like that.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon May 24, 2010 6:09 pm
Sins says...

I groaned heavily as I struggled to open my eyes. I'd somehow managed to get to sleep. That was a plus, I guess. My head didn't feel as though it was about to explode either, that was good. It still felt a bit heavy, but I would live. I looked on the bright side, at least I hadn't twisted my ankle or anything. That would have made me stuck in this place.

It took me a while, but I eventually managed to open my eyes. I carefully lifted myself so that I was sitting up. As I slowly became conscious, I heard a quiet voice beside me.

"Are... are you okay?" It was that girl again.

I turned to look at the other, smaller sofa. Sitting down on it was the girl, her face clearly full of concern. Rubbing my head gently, I carefully observed her. By the looks of it, she wasn't planning on killing me. Anyway, that wouldn't be such a bad thing. That way, I wouldn't have to go back to my dad.

"Yeah, thanks." I mumbled. "Hey, I never got your name..."

The girl looked at me, clearly unsure about whether she wanted me to know her name or not. I tried my best to make her realise that I wasn't planning on blowing her head off.

"I ain't gonna kill you," I smiled at her. "I'm Liam, by the way."
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

66 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 6:30 pm
SisterItaly says...

"I'm shawn. How can I be sure? T-that you won't kill me, or hurt me." This should be interesting. Now I'll find out what my position is. Is he going to kill me? Hurt me? Leave me alone? He looked like he was about to answer but I cut him off.
"What are you going to do now?" I was extremly nervous. "Your not going to get him, right? Y-your father." I gripped the key tightly.

He could tell how afriad i was. I knew i wasn't afriad of him, just Gary. My heart began to pound, he looked like he was contemplating what to say. I sat straight and crossed my legs onto the couch. Waiting for a reply. The poor guy looked terrible! Tired, sick, confused.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 7:08 pm
Sins says...

I looked at Shawn, trying to tell her the answer that I had no idea of myself. What was I going to do now. No way was I going to fetch my father, not after what I found out about him. He'd lied to me, lied to everyone he knew and he'd even had the nerve to lie to my mother. I didn't even want to think about him.

"I ain't gettin' my dad." I muttered.

"Well... what are you going to do then?" Shawn spoke quietly.

As she asked me that question, my mind began to spin. I had no idea what I was going to do. I couldn't go back home, I just couldn't. I didn't want to get that stupid key from Shawn, I didn't give a crap about that anymore. All that I wanted to do was go to sleep and never have to wake up.

"I don't know..." I looked up at Shawn.

That wasn't a lie.

66 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 7:16 pm
SisterItaly says...

He looked like he really wasn't going to get his dad. At least i could believe that. He honestly looked lost. I sighed,
"Would, would you like to stay here. It's not the safest place on earth but... it's home." He seemed a bit shocked, yes i am not heartless. I heard the phone ringing.
"I'll be right back." I ran to the kitchen, i didn't want to leave liam alone in my house but... it might be my dad! I answered it quickly.

"H-h-hello?" There was heavy breathing on the other end.
"Hello? Who is this." Liam was at the kitchen door. The voice on the other end scared me, deep and threatning.
"Your dad is dead, shawn. When my son gets there, your next." Then he hung up. Gary. I Began to sob.
"No! No, no, no! You are going to kill me! Stay away from me!" I hopped over the counter and grabbed a knife. "You liar! Stay away from me or i'll cut you!" He put his hands up. I heard a cell phone ring from in the living room. He ran and answered it coming back into the kitchen.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 7:25 pm
Sins says...

Within the matter of seconds, chaos had erupted around me. Before I had the chance to do anything, my stupid father had decided to call Shawn. Great. Now she thought that I was some careless, selfish idiot. Plus, she was threatening me with a knife.

"Where the hell are you?!" My dad shouted down the other side of my mobile phone. "You're with her aren't you? Kill the girl for Christ's sake!"

I wanted to hang up so badly, but I couldn't. I felt frozen. My dad continued to scream down the phone as Shawn stood in front of me with a large, sharp knife. I pointlessly glanced back and forth between Shawn and practically everything else in the room.

"That's it!" My father finally spat. "I'm coming to that bitch's house! You are the most useless, pathetic kid I have ever known!"

"Don't!" I shouted, but it was too late.

My dad was on his way to Shawn's house.

66 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 7:37 pm
SisterItaly says...

He looked alarmed... what was going on, i lowered the knife a bit.
"What's going on Liam?" My voice was shaky and nervous. I had reason to be!
"My dad is coming." His voice was alarmed and nervous, but not shaky like mine. I dropped the knife. My breathing became heavy and i started to sweat.
"No! Help me! Please!" I dropped to my knees. "Don't let him kill me please!" I was begging HIS son for help. I felt so stupid. I ran into the basement and hid in the supply closet. Liam followed right behind. Before he got in i closed the door, holding it shut, but he opened it and came in.

"It's alright, i won't let him get you." Not even five minutes ago i threatened him with a knife, now he was comferting me. I felt like such a biotch. He closed the door quietly as I heard the front door slam open. I whimpered. The only man i feared just came into my house. I was shaking like crazy, it was almost pitch black in here. But everything i could make out was getting fuzzy.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 7:47 pm
Sins says...

I couldn't stay in this closet forever... my father would find us eventually. There was only one thing I could do; fight him. Shawn looked as though she was about to pass out. As quietly as I could, I opened the closet door and stepped out of it. I didn't give Shawn the chance of calling after me.

I ran upstairs and as I entered the kitchen, I bumped into my father. The second I saw him, every ounce of hate I had inside me began to bubble. When he saw me, his lips curved into an angry curve as he grabbed me by the collar.

"Where the hell is she?!" He slammed me against the hard, cold wall.

"Who?" I shrugged.

"You know who! That cow with my key!" He spat in my face.

"She ran away," I lied. "I let her run away."

"You what?!" My father screamed in my face. "I knew that I shouldn't have told you to do this! You can't do anything!"

Before I had the chance to say anything else, my father pulled his fist back and punched me hard in the face. I fell to the floor as he kicked me a few times. When he was finally out of breath, he spoke.

"If that idiot has gotten away, I'll fricking kill you!" My dad spat on the floor and seconds later, he was gone.

66 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 7:57 pm
SisterItaly says...

I shuddered, i was alone in the closet now, I heard a lot of banging around upstairs... what happened? I heard footsteps on the stairs. Who was it? Liam or Gary? My worst fears came to life, as gary swung the door open.
"There you are bitch! Come on, Your coming with me!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me from the closet. I pulled the key off and held it for dear life. He tried to take it. The key was pretty small. I shoved it in my mouth and swallowed. It took a few times but i got it through. It hurt.

I gasped in pain as it slid down.
"You'll never get the key!" He grabbed my other wrist and turned my arms around behind my back.
"I'll get it back all right!" He hit me over the head and everything got dark.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 8:11 pm
Sins says...

Everything around me became numb. My head was once again killing me after my father had punched and kicked me a few times. I could smell blood over my face and it was making me want to throw up. I couldn't do anything but lie on the floor, motionless. Now I really wanted to sleep.

"I'll get it back all right!" I heard my father's voice scream.

Seconds later, I heard a thud and everything was quiet. It only lasted seconds though. Soon enough, I heard footsteps slowly walking up the stairs. I then saw my father standing above me, holding Shawn over his shoulder.

"If I ever even see your face again," He glared at me. "You are dead."

As my father left the room, I let my eyes shut and I eventually let the darkness creep in all around me.

66 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 8:22 pm
SisterItaly says...

I woke up, where was I? My head was pounding, and i smelt blood. I tried to put my hand on the back of my head but my hands where tied behind my back. I tried to scream but i was gagged. I started sobbing. No, this wasn't happening. The door opened and lights were switched on. I blinked my eyes at the bright lights. My head was killing me. I looked up, gary and frank were standing in front of me. I shuddered, frank was in charge of black market sales.

"your sure you didn't touch her?" I looked up at frank and glared. He always had a soft spot for me, how could he do this!
"I didn't do anything frank. How much will she be worth?" He examined me, pratically feeling me up. I squealed and fidgeted the whole time, this wasn't right!
"Full price, young, mediem blond, frisky." He leaned in and whispered, "I'm so sorry."

I grunted, ya right! As if he didn't care! Gary put his hand on my chin and tilted my head up.
"Then we'll make her sick, we need that key. But for now we have to get to that meeting."
They stood and walked out of the room, leaving me alone. I began to sob. Where was I. I screamed as loud as i could, but it wasn't loud through the gag. Wait, where was Liam... was Liam ok!

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 4:05 pm
Sins says...

A horrible noise sounded in my ear. It didn't take me long to realise that it was my mobile phone. Groaning, I opened my eyes. As I turned my head, I saw the screen of my mobile flashing. Still half conscious, I lifted the phone to my ear.

As I answered the phone, I slowly sat myself up. My head was aching horribly like it had been a few days before. I sighed heavily before speaking into the phone.

"Yeah...?" I muttered.

"Where's my gun?" My father grunted back.

As he spoke, I remembered everything that had happened the day before. I remembered my father breaking into the house, taking Shawn and beating me up. Where were they know? What had happened? Had he killed Shawn?

"Where's Shawn?!" I spat at him.

"Don't worry, I'm taking good care of her." My father spoke in a voice that worried me. "Now, where is my fricking gun, you idiot!?"

"It's in my bag..." I said, rubbing my head. "You ain't gettin' it back."

Without waiting for his response, I hung up. I was going to find that man and I was going to get Shawn out of this mess. It was me who let my dad get her, after all.

66 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 7:00 pm
SisterItaly says...

I had to get out of there... liam might be dead because of me! How odd. Just a few hours ago i was holding him at knife point... now i actually cared about him! He did try and save me from Gary. I stood slowly, you would think they would be smart enough to tie me to the chair. But the mob was a few crayons short of a box.

I slowly walked to the door. My shoes were gone now, terrific. I turned and pressed my back to the door, sliding along it, looking for the handel. Once i had it in my grasp my heart began to race. I had to turn my whole body to get the door open, once i did i fell back. My head smaking on the ground. It began to pund again as the hall spun. I looked around, I could see the exit! Wait... was i in the convention hall? The mobs elusive hide out was the convention hall?

I ran for the door and pushed it open, running out side... it wouldn't be long until they realised i was gone. I looked around frantically. Wait! Was that... Liam? I started screaming, trying to run towards him, but i fell over twisting my ankle

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 8:41 pm
Sins says...

I stared into the mirror. Wow, I really was a mess. Both my eyes were bruised, my left eye was bruised badly. My lip was swollen and there was a load of cuts all over my face. The rest of my body wasn't much better either. Sighing heavily, I wet some tissue with the sink. I then began to try and clean my face.

After ten minutes or so, I managed to make myself look somewhat better. I still looked a complete mess though. Ah well, it would have to do for now. I picked my bag up, including my gun, and headed out of Shawn's house. With any luck, I'd be able to find my father and his stupid gang before they had the chance to hurt her.

I had an idea where my father might be; the convention hall. I noticed that he always seemed to go there. I'd never thought to ask why, but I now regretted it. If I had asked, I might have known about him being a complete criminal. As I headed towards the convention hall, I laughed at the fact that I believed my father was a police man.

66 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 8:51 pm
SisterItaly says...

It had to be Liam! It just had to be! I forced myself off the ground and ran towards the figure. When i was close enough i realised it was liam! My heart began to race, and i started sobbing as he saw me, remembering everything that happened in the room. Liam looked shocked.

I practically threw myself at him sobbing. He wrapped his arms around me. I was so happy he was safe!

The Book.

"Yesterday you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT."
— Shia Labeouf